Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,744 members, 7,840,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air (17484 Views)

Airforce Junction In Port Harcourt Flooded (Photos) / ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State From 1956 - 2016. / Pictures Of Flooded Area In Sango Ota Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by elampiro(m): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2012
This is not photoshop na. You people don't read newspapers or listen to news? Don't you have internet to see lot of pictures every where? The situations are worse than this. Benue is the most hit. River Niger and Benue have caused serious havoc in Benue, Kogi and Edo. Over two million people displaced in these three states alone and farm land washed away. Also, Jigawa and parts of Kwara. Also a certain Dam burst in Cameroun and caused havoc there and it affected parts of cross rivers.

People should read and follow current affairs. Everything now is termed photoshop. See a link for an example of things happening.

Flooding: 8 die, 40 villages sacked •3,200 hectares of rice farm destroyed •Food crisis imminent, FG raises alarm. http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/lead-stories/48279-flooding-8-die-40-villages-sacked-3200-hectares-of-rice-farm-destroyed-food-crisis-imminent-fg-raises-alarm

If I have time I will post more link.

Now I managed to get more links of flooding in different places in the last few days. Kogi has been affected twice with severe flooding.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/flood-sacks-millions-from-homes-in-kogi-benue-edo-imo/125829/ That's link for the devastation in Kogi, Edo, etc last weekend. http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/09/flood-renders-thousands-homeless-in-edo/ River Benue surge: Disaster hits Makurdi. .... Adamawa flood: 25 bodies discovered in Yola
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/river-benue-surge-disaster-hits-makurdi/
http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/09/12/disaster-benue-river-surge-sacks-students-renders-thousands-homeless/
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by dasparrow: 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2012
searay: Photoshop at it's best.
ThREAD CLOSED!

garripack:

YOU JUST OPENED MY EYES GBAM......

Are you both this shamelessly illiterate and unexposed that you cannot differentiate a genuine picture from a photoshopped picture? Why are some of you so quick to shout 'photoshop' if when the picture is clearly not photoshopped? I am going to post some more pictures of the flooded areas because maybe that picture the OP posted is too small for you to see the extent of the damage.

Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by dasparrow: 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2012
More flooding pictures

Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by dasparrow: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
More

Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by dasparrow: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
More

Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by ohisola(f): 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
Whch kind flood b dis

Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by segcymoor(m): 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
this is terrifying. imagine lagos like this....abeg stop that imagination!
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by iyaayi(f): 3:49pm On Sep 27, 2012
Nasri100: That should be the Old bridge,Yes it is benue state.
That indeed is Makurdi! I pray that God shd give succour to all d dsiplaced persons there and elsewhere affected by d floods.
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2012
It isn't Makurdi.The original picture, that is.
Makurdi has TWO bridges in close proximity with each other, and River Benue is wider than that.It may be Yola, cause I haven't been there, but definitely not Makurdi.
I know because I schooled there for 3 years.
No isn't discountenancing the fact that Makurdi has been flooded.
But the above picture isn't Makurdi.

1 Like

Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by gen2briz(m): 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2012
ThREAD CLOSED!

people have been using Photoshop to much so I will say it screenshot
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by shakur4luv(m): 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
fellow nigerians lets wait till vision 2020 abeg who carry my garri who?
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2012
OMG! How unfortunate! I hope no pone lost their lives o! sad
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by Adanyebe(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2012
ThREAD CLOSED!
No be Only fotoshop Na FotoKiosk...... No be Lie OOO ...even OUR BENUE LINKS AND NYANYA PARK DEY AFFECTED SOTAY BENUE LINKS DON CHANGE GROUND TO IBB SQUARE IN MAKURDI>>> THE FIN NO FUNNY FOR SOME OF MY GUYZ WEY DEY AFFECTED OOOO
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by ORAFA(m): 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2012
Linda Ikeji Blog sent me dis pix as an ariel view of Lokoja.
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by Ranoscky(m): 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2012
Damn!! shocked

Unbelievable!
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by Ramcie(f): 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2012
ORAFA: Linda Ikeji Blog sent me dis pix as an ariel view of Lokoja.
thanks a million, I have said this before. This isn't Benue it's Lokoja. Even the other pix uploaded are those of Lokoja also.
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by rasputin86: 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
Opoki: It makes me remember just but one thing "Hurricane Katrina, though this can in no way be compared with it cos while dt of Orlean was caused by nature, this if well investigated would have traces of nonchalant workers.

OPOKI from the name I knw ur family IQ...grin..I piri U
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by BusHouse(m): 12:48am On Sep 28, 2012
Ramcie: thanks a million, I have said this before. This isn't Benue it's Lokoja. Even the other pix uploaded are those of Lokoja also.
The pic by the op is not lokoja. Lokoja has no such bridge. The murtala bridge is almost 100km away from lokoja. Some of the pics by dasparrow looks more or less like the ganaja area view equally submerged.
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 28, 2012
thhose pictures of bridges are not makurdi,

1.they are two bridges across river benue in close proximity to each other
2.river benue is far wider than what the picture shows
3.there is a massive structure(hotel) built in between the bridges that should have been noticeable
4.the proximity of the houses in the picture to the river is too close, this is not so in makurdi

that said, makurdi has been badly flooded!
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by hakanai(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2012
scopusng: Blame GEJ

^^^^ Why? Because it was him that brought the water or ran the state affairs over time. Abi na him dey chop the allocation to the state for environmental protection.
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
The satelite picture courtesy of google map shows clearly the two bridges across the river benue in Makurdi.
The one on the left is the old rail/road bridge. The other one on the right is the newer bridge that houses the lafia road.
Furthermore, the width of the river and the generalshape of the river benue prove that the picture in the original post clearly isn't Makurdi.
The original post has no sign of a second bridge,neither does the bridge show any resemblance to any of the bridges across the River at the said location.

Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by Ochek: 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
Here as some pix i got at close up in Benue state capital
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by waja(m): 4:44am On Sep 29, 2012
scopusng: Blame GEJ
. For what?
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by searay(m): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2012
dasparrow:

Are you both this shamelessly illiterate and unexposed that you cannot differentiate a genuine picture from a photoshopped picture? Why are some of you so quick to shout 'photoshop' if when the picture is clearly not photoshopped? I am going to post some more pictures of the flooded areas because maybe that picture the OP posted is too small for you to see the extent of the damage.
Can't you air your view without showing everyone how r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d your brain is? Learn to respect. I commented based on my observation.
waja: . For what?
for failing to meet and settle the rain makers.

And

This has affected the price of
Garri:
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by seun0622(m): 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
Another ma.d bingo is barking !
haka_nai:

^^^^ Why? Because it was him that brought the water or ran the state affairs over time. Abi na him dey chop the allocation to the state for environmental protection.
Re: Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 29, 2012
bestower: what really is happening i tink God is tellin us to prepare for end time...lol
. Another ignorant Nigerian eeed iooot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vehicle Rams Into Amaechi 's Convoy. / Senate To Share Committees Between APC, PDP / Six Critical Things Peter Obi Said At The People’s Townhall - Channelstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.