Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,305 members, 7,957,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:00 PM

Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast (1288 Views)

Pictures Of The New Kaduna Intra-city Air Conditioned High Speed Trains / The Reason For Southeast To Vote Buhari / Jonathan Promises Free Trade-Zone For Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
The Federal Executive Council yesterday took a major step to ameliorate the transportation challenge in the country as it approved N1.334 billion for the commencement of work on new standard gauge railway lines.
Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, who briefed newsmen, alongside the Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar and Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen said the contract is for feasibility studies of five fast train lines across the country.
He said the fast train lines are for Lagos-Osogbo-Abuja (615km), which could be covered within three hours with five stops; Lagos-Shagamu-Benin (300km); Ajaokuta- Obajana-Abuja (533km); Zaria-Sokoto- Illela (520km) and Benin-Onitsha-Aba (500km).
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/fg-okays-n1-3bn-for-5-fast-lane-train-lines/
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by PROUDIGBO(m): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2012
So does that mean if you're travelling from Lagos to Onitsha, you'll have to interchange at Benin for another line undecided?....doesn't make sense to me; and would the Benin to Aba line serve Enugu as well?

These people need to get detailed info' on these things b/4 going to press.
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by DuduNegro: 11:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
^^^ FG is introducing modernity to your land and instead os receiving it positively and rejoicing, you are bitter because it does not link you non-stop to Lagos.

We will deport you out of Nigeria....we need progress, not ingrates.
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by EkoAtlantic: 11:42pm On Sep 27, 2012
^^

We will deport you out of Nigeria
After deporting them as refugees from Lagos to Anambra, FG'll still send them out of Nigeria? grin
Where you want make dem naa
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by DuduNegro: 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2012
Ivory Coast and Gabon....or better yet to the Jewish land they claim to originate from.
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by bashr8: 12:18am On Sep 28, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: The Federal Executive Council yesterday took a major step to ameliorate the transportation challenge in the country as it approved N1.334 billion for the commencement of work on new standard gauge railway lines.
Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, who briefed newsmen, alongside the Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar and Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen said the contract is for feasibility studies of five fast train lines across the country.
He said the fast train lines are for Lagos-Osogbo-Abuja (615km), which could be covered within three hours with five stops; Lagos-Shagamu-Benin (300km); Ajaokuta- Obajana-Abuja (533km); Zaria-Sokoto- Illela (520km) and Benin-Onitsha-Aba (500km).
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/fg-okays-n1-3bn-for-5-fast-lane-train-lines/
misleading title, we need trains that cut tru all eastern states so you live in owerri, asaba or enugu and do buisness in onithsa aba or ph , plus calabar for relaxation and akwaibom port not one that will link us with yoruba or north .
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:21am On Sep 28, 2012
Dudu_Negro: ^^^ FG is introducing modernity to your land and instead os receiving it positively and rejoicing, you are bitter because it does not link you non-stop to Lagos.

We will deport you out of Nigeria....we need progress, not ingrates.

^^^Could you explain the 'bitter' part of your post?.....your understanding of my post is that i'm angry that the service that could have ran from Lagos to Onitsha 'non-stop' is broken at Benin, and you feel i shouldn't ask why there's a need to change trains at Benin?

Dude, do you even know the meaning of 'bitter' as used in this context undecided?
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by bashr8: 12:22am On Sep 28, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Could you explain the 'bitter' part of your post?.....your understanding of my post is that i'm [b]angry [/b]that the service that could have ran from Lagos to Onitsha 'non-stop' is broken at Benin, and you feel i shouldn't ask why there's a need to change trains at Benin?

Dude, do you even know the meaning of 'bitter' as used in this context undecided?
dont waste your time, you know better .
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by dasparrow: 12:56am On Sep 28, 2012
@Post

I think speed trains will not be bad in Nigeria but I worry if we can maintain it since we have a poor maintenance culture in Nigeria. Anyways, only time will tell.

On a side note, those pictures of malnourished children is sad to look at. I hope such never repeats itself again in the history of Nigeria. And as Nigerians we need to stop bashing each other because it will get us nowhere. I don't know why Nairaland has so many bigots. Thank God I keep Nigerians of all ethnicities at bay in real life. Too many hateful Nigerians I tell ya. I wonder what they will tell God on judgement day regarding their intense hatred they have for other human beings if they should die suddenly.
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by Faun(m): 1:54am On Sep 28, 2012
Nice job, mods, for ridding the thread of the nonsensical comments from that wretched illiterate DumDum Negro.
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by DuduNegro: 2:04am On Sep 28, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Could you explain the 'bitter' part of your post?.....your understanding of my post is that i'm angry that the service that could have ran from Lagos to Onitsha 'non-stop' is broken at Benin, and you feel i shouldn't ask why there's a need to change trains at Benin?

Trans-regional transportation should be expected to have transit points at cross-roads or junctions that interlink furher into other regional markets. Beside expected benefits from operational effectiveness it also dilute and diversify markets and generate higher improvements structurally and socially.

What benefits were you expectig from a non-stop schedule between Lagos and Onitsha beside an overzealousness to integrate the two lands?
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by Antivirus92(m): 5:05am On Sep 28, 2012
Dudu negro,eko nile etc. When somebody is better than you, you'll always envy him/her. So i understand your appearance in every thread with igbo,ojukwu,biafra in it. I recently saw a thread of either ogun or osun creating a new 27 local government. I clicked on it and discovered that it was a peaceful conversation of yorrobber people. But if that topic had been enugu,anambra,imo etc to create another 27 local govt; you bigots would have fulled there expressing your regret of not being igbo in disguise.
Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by EkoAtlantic: 6:31am On Sep 28, 2012
^^
Be grateful to the mods for hiding those post cheesy

My bad, I haven't say hi.

Morning

Re: Finally, Speed Trains For Southeast by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:27am On Sep 28, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

Trans-regional transportation should be expected to have transit points at cross-roads or junctions that interlink furher into other regional markets. Beside expected benefits from operational effectiveness it also dilute and diversify markets and generate higher improvements structurally and socially.

What benefits were you expectig from a non-stop schedule between Lagos and Onitsha beside an overzealousness to integrate the two lands?

^^^Man you're waffling all over the place.

You talk of the necessity for transit points at cross-roads or junctions in a trans-regional set-up......you may have had a point if your argument was in relation to transportation between countries where there would be a need for visa/customs control, but this is not necessary within a country.....unless we're talking of different concessions/companies for the different 'lines', in which case i'm justified in asking for more info' on the whole situation aren't i?

What are the 'expected benefits from operational effectiveness' you talk about?; and how would markets be diluted and diversified......how would we generate improvements structurally and socially from the present plans?

If their argument is that the distance from Lagos to Onitsha or Aba is a bit too long (hence the need to break up the line), wouldn't it have been better to run a couple of express trains that non-stop at the towns/stations in-between the two cities? These are suggestions which a better reporting of the story would have answered don't you think?

There you go again with your paranoia and fear that Ndigbo want to take over your land.....so you feel a non-stop service between Lagos and Onitsha wouldn't save time for passengers that don't want to stop at every other town in-between?......of course you don't care for their convenience since it's 'Igbos' we're talking of here, and you have no plans yourself to travel to Onitsha in the near future (thank God for small mercies!).

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED: How APC Plans To Win 2015 Presidency •moves To Capture Kano, Rivers / Photos Of Babatunde Fashola's Father / Crash Scare As Benin-bound Arik Flight Returns To Abuja For Landing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.