Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 (8454 Views)

Ohakim And Okorocha At Iwuanyanwu's Child Dedication (Photo) / Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu And Wife Blasted By Trolls [PICS] / Nigerians Voted Change, Not Acts Of Masturbation, Iwuanyanwu Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by supereagle(m): 3:27am On Sep 28, 2012
A Peoples Democratic Party leader in the South-East, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, on Thursday dismissed the possibility of a president of Igbo extraction emerging in 2015, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

The former presidential aspirant said this at a press conference in Owerri, Imo State, where he advocated the inclusion of zoning of political offices in the constitution.

He said the six zones should be given an equal opportunity to produce the president through a zoning arrangement.

Iwuanyanwu added that for any zoning policy to be effective and meaningful, it must be in the constitution.

According to him, there are qualified and experienced Igbo capable of leading the country.

The PDP chief identified internal politics and selfishness as some of the factors militating against the aspiration of such people.

He also advocated the autonomy of local councils, saying the constitution should be amended to allow the councils have total control of their funds.

He said state government’s control of the council funds was responsible for the failure of the local government system, saying the situation had made it impossible for council chairmen to embark on projects beneficial to their communities.

On security matters, Iwuanyanwu urged the Federal Government to address the fundamental causes of insecurity in the country for its fight against it to be effective.

According to him, high level of unemployment in the country is alarming and the government needs to address the issue if it hopes to win the war against insecurity.

http://www.punchng.com/news/iwuanyanwu-dismisses-igbo-presidency-in-2015/
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by lagcity(m): 5:51am On Sep 28, 2012
this one no be news abeg.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by killuminati(m): 6:32am On Sep 28, 2012
Lol dem think say na biafra dem dey?

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by ACM10: 7:49am On Sep 28, 2012
Iwuanyanwu is a well-known political jobber. He endorsed Obasanjo's third term bid. He gave a full-throated endorsement to Ohakim during his campaign for 2nd term. Even though he saw the handwriting on the wall that Imolites will definetly reject Ohakim. He was one of the prominent Abacha and Babangida jobbers in the east. His position on this issue should not be taken seriously since he has always found himself on the wrong side of history. His views should never be used to guage the view of common Igboman on the street. He is just another misguided out-of-touch plutocrat.

17 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
ACM10: Iwuanyanwu is a well-known political jobber. He endorsed Obasanjo's third term bid. He gave a full-throated endorsement to Ohakim during his campaign for 2nd term. Even though he saw the handwriting on the wall that Imolites will definetly reject Ohakim. He was one of the prominent Abacha and Babangida jobbers in the east. His position on this issue should not be taken seriously since he has always found himself on the wrong side of history. His views should never be used to guage the view of common Igboman on the street. He is just another misguided out-of-touch plutocrat.
Don't throw away the baby with the birth water. His personality should be separated from this p[articular view of his.

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by MajeOfficial: 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2012
Since nobody will actually read that article, I want to clarify that there's no where in it that he dismisses the igbo presidency, he simply says zoning must be in the constitution.

I hope we can avoid a degrading tribe fight.

3 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
We're still in 2012, election was last year, so. . . .
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by SkyBlue1: 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2012
supereagle: A Peoples Democratic Party leader in the South-East, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, on Thursday dismissed the possibility of a president of Igbo extraction emerging in 2015, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

The former presidential aspirant said this at a press conference in Owerri, Imo State, where he advocated the inclusion of zoning of political offices in the constitution.

He said the six zones should be given an equal opportunity to produce the president through a zoning arrangement.

Iwuanyanwu added that for any zoning policy to be effective and meaningful, it must be in the constitution.

According to him, there are qualified and experienced Igbo capable of leading the country.

The PDP chief identified internal politics and selfishness as some of the factors militating against the aspiration of such people.

He also advocated the autonomy of local councils, saying the constitution should be amended to allow the councils have total control of their funds.

He said state government’s control of the council funds was responsible for the failure of the local government system, saying the situation had made it impossible for council chairmen to embark on projects beneficial to their communities.

On security matters, Iwuanyanwu urged the Federal Government to address the fundamental causes of insecurity in the country for its fight against it to be effective.

According to him, high level of unemployment in the country is alarming and the government needs to address the issue if it hopes to win the war against insecurity.

Absolutely NO WAY. We can't keep using chloroquin to treat chicken pox and expect miracles. Zoning is two steps backwards. If anything we should be getting rid of all these archaic principles that sound good in some twisted logic but have only enabled lacklustre, treasury robbing despots rule. No to zoning, no to quota system. Yes to meritocracy and the popular mandate, even if one can appreciate that it is not the panacea to Nigeria's problems and can even be useless in the hands of a politicaly unsophisticated population like Nigeria has. If a credible candidate with LEADERSHIP quality and proven abilities comes to the fore and is better than the other offerings, and he happens to be Igbo, heck I'll even campaign for him/her for free! I can't wait to feel that passionate about a candidate in Nigeria, it would be about time.

3 Likes

Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2012
He has a point there. Nobody will give Igbos the presidency unless it's explicitly written in the constitution. Even though there's a verbal soning agreement, i can bet you that when it gets to the turn of Igbos, they'll discard zoning and look for another style that will make Igbos the last to get it. I see them using landmass to zone presidency. God help Ndigbo in this country. Amen.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by aryzgreat: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
we have heard, NEXT NEWS PLSSSSSSSSSSSSS! ( i know this shit must make front page when i saw it in pol rum even though it wasn't trending)
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by Pukkah: 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
][size=12pt:
Since nobody will actually read that article, I want to clarify that there's no where in it that he dismisses the igbo presidency, he simply says zoning must be in the constitution. [/size]

Your post is surprising.

The news item clearly states that he dismissed Igbo presidency in 2015. Or is the link or reporting wrong? You want to have another read?
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by aryzgreat: 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2012
][size=12pt:
Since nobody will actually read that article, I want to clarify that there's no where in it that he dismisses the igbo presidency, he simply says zoning must be in the constitution. [/size]

my broda try relate the article with the thread topic and tell me why NL isn't igniting ethnical and tribal strife? did u notice the thread immediately made it to the front page? the key word that generates traffick is dia is IGBO!
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by drlaykay(m): 1:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
This man is wise.he truly understands the politics in Nigeria.an igbo man can only become president if zoning is constitutional.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by afm4ever(m): 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
Ok na
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by nkemKalu: 1:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
IGBOS HAD ALREADY SOLD THEIR POLITICAL RIGHT TO JONATHAN.....AND THIS WILL EVER REMAIN THEIR WORST POLITICAL BLUNDER. AS SUCH, COME 2015, THE CASE OF IGBO PRESIDENCY IS ALREADY DEAD AND BURIED...THEY HAVE TO WAIT TILL 2023 IF DEMOCRACY CONTINUES TO THRIVE UNINTERRUPTED

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
supereagle:

FACT
When there are no qualified and experienced Man to lead IGBO how can there be qualified and experienced IGBO to lead a country?

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

FACT
When there are no qualified and experienced Man to lead IGBO how can there be qualified and experienced IGBO to lead a country?

So, are there qualified people to lead other groups? How come they've produced president? There's a thin line between smart and dumb. Guy, choose which side you belong.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
afam4eva: He has a point there. Nobody will give Igbos the presidency unless it's explicitly written in the constitution. Amen.

It doesn't have to be written in the constitution.

Let IGBO present credible ,qualified and experienced man to do the job and Nigerians will vote.

If not let credible people keep vieing for the post.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

FACT

^^^Hi there, could you expand a bit further on your post? smiley

Could we also know what geo-political zone you're from, and the 'qualified' and 'experienced' individuals your zone has to offer national politics as against Ndigbo that have none.

Cheers. smiley
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2012
OYINBOGOJU:

It doesn't have to be written in the constitution.

Let IGBO present credible ,qualified and experienced man to do the job and Nigerians will vote.

If not let credible people keep vieing for the post.
Why don't you defend the comment you made that i challenged.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
afam4eva:
So, are there qualified people to lead other groups? How come they've produced president? There's a thin line between smart and dumb. Guy, choose which side you belong.

Even your so called leaders knows IGBO are just too low to lead this country.

And if they eventually get that position I'm so sure they are leading us astray.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by Dede1(m): 1:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
Sky Blue:

Absolutely NO WAY. We can't keep using chloroquin to treat chicken pox and expect miracles. Zoning is two steps backwards. If anything we should be getting rid of all these archaic principles that sound good in some twisted logic but have only enabled lacklustre, treasury robbing despots rule. No to zoning, no to quota system. Yes to meritocracy and the popular mandate, even if one can appreciate that it is not the panacea to Nigeria's problems and can even be useless in the hands of a politicaly unsophisticated population like Nigeria has. If a credible candidate with LEADERSHIP quality and proven abilities comes to the fore and is better than the other offerings, and he happens to be Igbo, heck I'll even campaign for him/her for free! I can't wait to feel that passionate about a candidate in Nigeria, it would be about time.

A statement of this nature from a dilapidated mindset is the reason Nigeria has not progressed socially, politically or industrially. Personally, I hate quota system, federal character, zoning and any activity in Nigeria that draws bit from sectionalism. I want Nigeria to jettison ides of federal character bordering on military intake especially at officer’s cadre, appointments of any sort and what have you.
Anyway, I have consistently maintained that disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria is the only path out of the dungeon.

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by DANILSA(m): 1:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
dayokanu: Confused people
i think u are rather confused and bias, u just typed rubbish based on the topic without reading the body,the man never said such, he only said zoning should be allowed,stop showcasing ur ignorance, unlimited mumulism and hatred against a particular tribe.OLODO RAPATA
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2012
If there is qualified individual let them come out instead of waiting for constitution to speak for you.

I think that is a bold step.

I think IGBO should be clamouring for Independent Candidate.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by waja(m): 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2012
ACM10: Iwuanyanwu is a well-known political jobber. He endorsed Obasanjo's third term bid. He gave a full-throated endorsement to Ohakim during his campaign for 2nd term. Even though he saw the handwriting on the wall that Imolites will definetly reject Ohakim. He was one of the prominent Abacha and Babangida jobbers in the east. His position on this issue should not be taken seriously since he has always found himself on the wrong side of history. His views should never be used to guage the view of common Igboman on the street. He is just another misguided out-of-touch plutocrat.
. On point my dear.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
dayokanu: Confused people

No one said it better.

Should IGBO wait for constitution to get to the top.

I think that is a sence of inferiority complex.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2012

Is this the same man that want to lead?

IGBO ARE NOT CAPABLE.

Can't NL IGBOS read before they type their rubbish here?
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by doublecross(m): 2:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
Ok..Mr. Lecturer....How do you know a credible candidate with LEADERSHIP qualities? LET THE IGBOS RULE. Do you know how long we've been ruled by these so called abokis? look at were Nigeria is. once again.....LET THE IGBOS RULE. Iwuanyanwu should be given a hard punch to daze him a little. This
Sky Blue:

Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
doublecross: Ok..Mr. Lecturer....How do you know a credible candidate with LEADERSHIP qualities? LET THE IGBOS RULE. Do you know how long we've been ruled by these so called abokis? look at were Nigeria is. once again.....LET THE IGBOS RULE. Iwuanyanwu should be given a hard punch to daze him a little. This

IGBO can't just rule for ruling sake.

Present to us a credible human being and Nigerians will make their choice.

Atleast a credible man is free to belong to any party, if any igbo is so sure of himself then let him come out.

I wonder why IGBO are running after PDP nomination.

1 Like

Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by ba7man(m): 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
I really don't care if an Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, American rules this country. As a matter of fact Zoning is primitive and it lays emphasis on division. A credible leader is more important than his tribe.
Re: Iwuanyanwu Dismisses Igbo Presidency In 2015 by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2012
ba7man: I really don't care if an Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, American rules this country. As a matter of fact Zoning is primitive and it lays emphasis on division. A credible leader is more important than his tribe.

Exactly my point.

I bet Igbo has none,which makes then incapable of running the affairs of this country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Should Obey Court Order, Release Nnamdi Kanu — Sen. Orji Kalu (Video) / Emir: Policeman Led Kaduna Killer Gang / Ike Ekweremadu Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.