Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,624 members, 7,770,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:43 PM

ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics (8359 Views)

Fashola Accuses FG Of Diverting SURE-P Money / GEJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was Hallmark Of Deceit - Oby Ezekwesili / APC Accuses FG Of Ssuppressing Audit Report On Missing $20b Oil Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by GARRIx7(m): 8:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
ACN Accuses PDP Led FG Of Deceit And False Statistics

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has accused the Jonathan Administration of engaging in governance by deceit, saying the administration has been overstating its achievements and making fake promises to Nigerians.

In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the “party also slammed the President’s Special Adviser on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, for making himself a purveyor of blatant lies and for having the temerity to denigrate the country’s opposition for daring to criticize a non-performing government.

The party “said only a government that swims in corruption and lacks self-respect and decency can pick as its spokesperson a man who has been shown to be an epitome of corruption by collecting funds for contracts that were not executed”.

ACN said the government’s claim, through Dr. Okupe, that it will generate 780,000 jobs in 2013 through the ‘Young Graduate Employment Scheme’ and 5,000 jobs in each of the 36 states through SURE-P is the latest example of the Administration’s lies.

”Our advice to the teeming young graduates who have no jobs is that they should not allow themselves to be hoodwinked by this promise. They should remember that this same Administration promised to create 10,000 jobs in each of the 36 states through SURE-P in 2012. The year is over, and all we have now are phantom jobs and more fake promises,” the party said.

It also urged Nigerians to ensure that their generators are in good working condition, as the government’s promise of stable electricity in 2013 is as unrealistic as it is deceitful.

”The Administration said it has generated an all-time high 4,500 megawatts and will increase the number to 7,000MW in 2013. What a celebration of tokenism! In the first instance, the government should be ashamed to tell Nigerians it has been able to generate only 4,500MW from a huge expenditure of 16 billion dollars!

”Also, no one needs a rocket scientist to know that 4,500MW cannot ensure stable electricity supply in a country of 160 million people, when South Africa, with less than a third of Nigeria’s population, generates over 40,000MW.

The ACN advised Nigerians not to throw away their generators yet just because of an imaginary power stability promised by a government spokesman who has nothing but disdain for the truth,” ACN said.

The party also faulted the Administration’s claim that the bombings and killings in the north have decreased from January to December, calling it fabricated cold comfort and a disservice to millions of our citizens who are daily being subjected to terror attacks, “while President Jonathan, now a professional mourner, resorts to endless lamentation instead of decisive action”.

”Well, we are not surprised at the claim of reduced terror attacks by the Jonathan Administration. After all, the same Administration claimed that global anti-corruption body Transparency International acknowledged Nigeria’s progress in fighting corruption, when nothing like that ever happened.

”To set the record straight, 750 people have been killed in terror attacks in the north this year, a figure higher than about 570 who were killed in 2011, and not counting the latest killings in Borno and Adamawa states,” it said.

ACN advised the Jonathan Administration to level up with Nigerians by admitting its failings and rolling up its sleeves, so to say, to reverse the ‘transmogrification’ which the President’s Transformation Agenda has become, instead of relying on a hypocritical spokesman to peddle lies to citizens who are already reeling under the failure of an impotent government.

www.channelstv.com/home/2012/12/30/acn-accuses-pdp-led-fg-of-deceit-and-false-statistics/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by GARRIx7(m): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
They should remember that this same Administration promised to create 10,000 jobs in each of the 36 states through SURE-P in 2012. The year is over, and all we have now are phantom jobs and more fake promises,”

LIE number ONE...

Correct me if I'm right.... cheesy

www.voiceofnigeria.org/Nigeria/Government-commences-370-000-jobs-creation.html

Government commences 370,000 jobs creation
Hauwah Noroh Ali, Abuja

In an effort to address high unemployment problem, especially among the youth, the Nigerian Government is taking steps to provide about 370,000 jobs.

The Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, made this known on Tuesday, at the flag-off of a Community Service Scheme in Yola, the capital of Adamawa State.

Income generating venture

The Community Service Scheme project, launched under the aegis of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P), is part of the initiatives of Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan, to address youth unemployment.

“The programme is designed by President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration to create employment opportunities for up to 370, 000 women and youths yearly in the 36 states of the federation and the FCT, towards improving socio-economic infrastructure...To reduce the vulnerability of unskilled women and youths through exposure to income generating opportunities and to create good value systems in women and youths, through pre-engagement orientation sessions, ” Okonjo-Iweala said.

She explained that each state would benefit from about 10,000 jobs and every beneficiary would receive N10, 000 monthly.

Okonjo-Iweala, who expressed worry over the rate of unemployment in Nigeria however, said that the country’s unemployment rate was still manageable, when compared with some African and European countries.

“Youth unemployment is now a global problem as well as a big issue, but for us, we have to look carefully on how to tackle this problem...For example, in South Africa and Spain the rate of unemployment is now over 50 per cent while in Nigeria, the rate of unemployment is about 47 per cent.” She said.

She explained that the main objective of the programme was to reduce the current level of unemployment and harness manpower towards national development aspirations.

Components the scheme

The Minister of Finance said that the scheme had three components, community services, graduate internship and vocational skills training.
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by GARRIx7(m): 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
The party also faulted the Administration’s claim that the bombings and killings in the north have decreased from January to December, calling it fabricated cold comfort and a disservice to millions of our citizens who are daily being subjected to terror attacks

Lie number two...

www.cnsnews.com/news/article/more-christians-killed-pope-decries-savage-acts-terrorism-nigeria

uspected Islamist terrorists killed 12 Nigerians celebrating Jesus’ birth, hours before Pope Benedict XVI, in his traditional Christmas Day message, spoke out against “savage acts of terrorism” mainly targeting Christians in Africa’s most populous country.

Gunmen shot dead six Christians and set fire to an evangelical church in the northern state of Yobe, police said. Wire reports said the pastor was among the dead in the midnight attack.

Separately, a Baptist church in neighboring Borno state was attacked. Nigeria’s The Nation said six church members were killed.

The attacks cap the bloodiest year yet in Boko Haram’s violent campaign against Christians, with more than 700 fatalities, according to the Christian Association of Nigerian-Americans. An Associated Press count puts the number at more than 770.

It was the third consecutive Christmas marred by terrorist attacks in Nigeria. On Christmas Day last year 44 Christians were killed in a series of attacks, most of them at a Catholic church near the capital, Abuja; On Christmas Eve 2010 the target was Christian areas of the central city of Jos, where at least 32 people were killed in three bombings.
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
GEJ is a professional mourner for sure.

He breeds corruption, eats corruption, condones corruption, defends corruption, promotes corruption, sleeps with corruption, dines with corruption. GEJ is the father of modern day corruptocracy ruining Nigeria. He is corrupt from head to toe.

20 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by Standing5(m): 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2012
The FG acknowlegded the slight and relatively insignificant progress in power generation capacity this year but fail to attribute it to rise in rain level and then went ahead to predict/promise a higher power supply for year 2013. So much lies meant to decieve gullible Nigerians coming from a failing government.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by GARRIx7(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2012
President Jonathan, now a professional mourner, resorts to endless lamentation instead of decisive action

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by Aderupoko2: 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2012
I need to quickly queue up on first page.Am coming back later to comment.
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by epmmiks: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
ACN IS NOT BETTER. And they will never be better except the first generation of ACN resigns from the party angry

3 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by TeeSeven(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2012
Well, this is round one. I can bet that by now, Doyin Okupe and his cohorts are rolling up their sleeves for a 'return leg'. For how long will we continue this accusations and counter-accusations!
SMH
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by emiye(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
Hmmmn ,FG, Corruption is your first name, Deceit is your middle name and Incompetence is your last name.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by 80million1: 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
*speechless*

are u kidding me? shocked*speechless*

are u kidding me?

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by vladimiros: 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2012
ACN " ITS NEVER OUR FAULT TO SITDOWN AND COLLBORATE WITH OUR LEADER, ITS ALWAYS HIS FAULT, JONAH IS THE REASON THE SKY IS BLUE, WAAAHHH"
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by CohenJane: 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2012
epmmiks: ACN IS NOT BETTER. And they will never be better except the first generation of ACN resigns from the party angry

What is your PDP member card number?

The issue is not whether ACN is better. What has the present party occupying the office done? that's what we are talking about. m.u.m.u

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by CohenJane: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2012
To be serious, let's face it squarely as a matter of fact, where are all the things the FG promised during the subsidy protest, the SURE-P and its like? Where are they? At least, it's the end of the year and we are yet to see any of these things

5 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by SHEAU(m): 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2012
I wonder if nigerians still believe this administration?
am among top 10. 1day i ll carry 1st
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
Wetin i wan talk now wey i never dey talk since morning? Eermm,someone should please advise Okupe to watch his weight before he ends up like Big Pun.
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by vladimiros: 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2012
inTERPRETATUION:

ASIWAJU COMPANU OF NIGERIA SHAREHOLDERS COMMITY HAVE TASKED THE CHAIRMAN AND GROUP CEO TO TAKE ON COMPETITRS THAT HAS BEEN EATEN ITS MARKET SHARE PRICE SINCE 1999

IN THE PAST 13 YEARS ACN MARKET PRICE HAS GONE FROM 5 NAIRA A SHARE TO JUST 0.50 KOBO, WHILE PDP INCREASES TO RISE . ACN SHAREHOLDERS WANT A BETTER DIVIDEND STRUCTURE FOR 2015 AND HAVE NOW FORMED A MERGER WITH BANK OF THE NORTH.

SOURCE:www,myballsarebig.com

2 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by GARRIx7(m): 10:09pm On Dec 30, 2012
I praise the lord for once again blessing my hardwork with success. Being on the front page isn't an easy thing.

Father I give you all the praise, glory, honor and adoration. May your holy name ßξ praised to time indefinite...

Thanks also to SEUN and the MODs for allowing the spirit of the lord to act through them. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by henrysam(m): 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
Prof Corruption: GEJ is a professional mourner for sure.

He breeds corruption, eats corruption, condones corruption, defends corruption, promotes corruption, sleeps with corruption, dines with corruption. GEJ is the father of modern day corruptocracy ruining Nigeria. He is corrupt from head to toe.
He bleeps corruption and corruption born am

3 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2012
Instead of Tinubu to become president via his kleptomaniac ACN, let Tonto Dyke win the 2015 elections. See *Ashion Congress* wey dey look for FG to guarantee world bank loan for them. If i *shrap* them eh angry

GEJ all the way......

3 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by vladimiros: 10:13pm On Dec 30, 2012
i don't know what funnier, acn mumus of cpc odes..

keep yapping shit behind pdp, in other countries opposition parties take power by winning the seat and lobbying their asses off the majority

but in Nigeria? Asiwaju Corporation of nigeria has turned into a movie production company..

Title:" Bashing oga presido"

Catch it on Channels TV and Nairaland every sunday from 8:00pm

2 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by GARRIx7(m): 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
vladimiros: inTERPRETATUION:

ASIWAJU COMPANU OF NIGERIA SHAREHOLDERS COMMITY HAVE TASKED THE CHAIRMAN AND GROUP CEO TO TAKE ON COMPETITRS THAT HAS BEEN EATEN ITS MARKET SHARE PRICE SINCE 1999

IN THE PAST 13 YEARS ACN MARKET PRICE HAS GONE FROM 5 NAIRA A SHARE TO JUST 0.50 KOBO, WHILE PDP INCREASES TO RISE . ACN SHAREHOLDERS WANT A BETTER DIVIDEND STRUCTURE FOR 2015 AND HAVE NOW FORMED A MERGER WITH BANK OF THE NORTH.

SOURCE:www,myballsarebig.com

Did the FG lie?

Yes or NO....

Face that you buffoon...

Eediot with the IQ of an earthworm??

3 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2012
Na this your moniker dey make me laugh.
Prof Corruption: GEJ is a professional mourner for sure.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by vladimiros: 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Did the FG lie?

Yes or NO....

Face that you buffoon...

like a typical ACN supporter you don't get my logic...

I don't care if the FG lied or not.

I just want an opposition party that won't whine and cry every damn momemnt like ACN and just do something, different ideology with real strategies..

acn would be crying soon come 2015

3 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by LagosBoi2(m): 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2012
some of us are as clue.less as keg abi na gej?, some will still believe in him even if he sets the country ablaze.

All i need is new set of leaders, lets try some new set of peeps, Tinubu or buhari or anybody, inshort let abacha rise from the dead and rule again, i no mind.

i just need this slow.p.o.k.e out of there asap.
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by Demdem(m): 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
am with ACN on this. quite on point.

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by vladimiros: 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2012
Demdem: am with ACN on this. quite on point.

This is just a case of "if my motehr had balls she would be my dad"

If ACn were the ruling party, PDP would be saying this, its the truth, all they do is cry and whine with no real possible solution.

if acn were serious they would dump a mergere with cpc, try and get serious with senate elections and run the country from there, skekina..

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2012
Why is it that ACN only blow negative things out of proportion? Must they score points with someone else's flaws? These so called flaws affect 150million people. Let them do right where they are and their credentials will speak for them.

If FG failed in the job thing, let ACN governors create 37k jobs in their respective states and we'll clap for them.

With respect to Light, much has been done, it seems pretty constant in my hood.

The truth is, ACN and PDP are just names to groups of desperate never do wells, if ACN had the kind of power PDP control, they'll do worse-how many weeks did Tinubu spend in Ondo-maybe he was just campaigning right?

ACN, PDP, INEC, NNPC, all those rubbish acronyms- they're all groups of people that wants only their own pocket-they don't give a damn about anyone except then they need ur vote.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by vladimiros: 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2012
iv4fb: Why is it that ACN only blow negative things out of proportion? Must they score points with someone else's flaws? These so called flaws affect 150million people. Let them do right where they are and their credentials will speak for them.

If FG failed in the job thing, let ACN governors create 37k jobs in their respective states and we'll clap for them.

With respect to Light, much has been done, it seems pretty constant in my hood.

The truth is, ACN and PDP are just names to groups of desperate never do wells, if ACN had the kind of power PDP control, they'll do worse-how many weeks did Tinubu spend in Ondo-maybe he was just campaigning right?

ACN, PDP, INEC, NNPC, all those rubbish acronyms- they're all groups of people that wants only their own pocket-they don't give a damn about anyone except then they need ur vote.

finally someone agrees with me

acn are just hot air, talk and cry nothing more, they offer no fvcking solution

1 Like

Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by Ehizuenlen(m): 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2012
God help us all. Amen
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by GARRIx7(m): 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
vladimiros:

like a typical ACN supporter you don't get my logic...

I don't care if the FG lied or not.

I just want an opposition party that won't whine and cry every damn momemnt like ACN and just do something, different ideology with real strategies..

acn would be crying soon come 2015

The bolded shows why I'm right about ur IQ as I stated below.

GARRI (x7):

Did the FG lie?

I'll ßξ back for you, lemme quickly type my thank you speech.... cheesy
Re: ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics by vladimiros: 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
GARRI (x7):

The bolded shows why I'm right about ur IQ as I stated below.

I'll ßξ back for you, lemme quickly type my thank you speech.... cheesy

i don't care cuz, really i don't, what the point?

is the opposition better? NO
are they more reliable? NO

do they care about the price of garri in the market ? NO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Witch Doctor Makes Shocking Revelation About Prophet TB Joshua,calls him This / Law Enforcement Agencies Should Be Allowed To Do Their Work – Presidency / We Have Not Frozen Any Akwa-ibom Account - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.