Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,930 members, 7,832,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly (22985 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / President Buhari Feeling Relaxed At UN General Meeting (photo) / Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 28, 2012
Why has BEAF decided to go on annual leave at this time of the year? He would av told us that's GEJ caricature

1 Like

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Demdem(m): 9:05am On Sep 28, 2012
Even the international committee knows indeed that we have a joke for president. The likes of Rice and Blair would have been paid to say positive things about him. Even to his country men, he doesnt give a damn.
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 28, 2012
Ah. . .that does it. angry angry
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Freiburger(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2012
ogbeche77: Why has BEAF decided to go on annual leave at this time of the year? He would av told us that's GEJ caricature
He left the party since PDP refused to pay him over 6 months salary they 've been owing him.

3 Likes

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by bigass(f): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2012
You think the oyinbos can hear his think bayelsa accent?

1 Like

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Biggyd2: 9:10am On Sep 28, 2012
I believe that he is testing his popularity abroad.

I beg when is he due back sef? There are many things for him to attend to jare - Fuel scarcity, Bakassi, power etc. Since they don't want to listen to him at the UN, Nigerians will want to hear and see him deal with our nations problems.To imagine that he pays people to deal with these problems. Very soon someone will jump on this forum to pick the brains of NLanders on how to deal with the problems in this country (Without pay!). undecided
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Wsdm: 9:10am On Sep 28, 2012
They are merely telling him that charity begins at home. When last did he address the nation he preside over, eventhough it has faced the most daunting challenges in resent past.
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by fingard02k(m): 9:11am On Sep 28, 2012
JONATHAN is a disgrace to black race
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 28, 2012
caseless: My president cannot b disgraced or embarassed 2 d extent of deserting a hall while he was speakin. Is he in a state of obloquy or sumtin? Set up a commitee 2 look into this cos d oppositions ar behind dis. Acn nd cpc na una handiwork! Smh
That's exactly what i guessed.ACN must be behind it. Yes . Just as they sponsored the protests against removal of fuel subsidy. Or wait a minuite, the boko haram. I suspect ACN to be behind it and the insecurity,bad roads, unemployment, corruption. So the Opposition was behind the empty seats at the U.N. Gosh. How wil they respect a presido when he took the silverware of world's most insulted president?

1 Like

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by worthytalk: 9:16am On Sep 28, 2012
When ACN called him(Jonathan) a trainee president they ACN recieved all sort of attack from PDP. I'm waiting for GEJ supporters to defend this avoidable shame and disgrace their boss has brought to almighty Nigeria. At their innermost tent supporters of GEJ wil agree with me that their hero is a flopp is this one.

2 Likes

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by daywatcher: 9:18am On Sep 28, 2012
so people seriously belief the audience will be larger if it was a different Nigerian presido? keep deceiving yourselves

3 Likes

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Bolarge1(m): 9:23am On Sep 28, 2012
HE SHOULD HAVE CARRIED D BANGE, P SQUARE ALONG SEF, THE HALL FOR EVEN FULL TO THE BRIM.

IN DEY DAYS OF OBASANJO, AS HE DEY NAK DEM DE STORY, WHICH NA WAYO DE DE CLAP FOR RAM.

JONA HOW WE GO DO YOU NOW? YOU NO GO GO DEY SELL PETROL FOR YOUR VILLAGE SO? OIL FULL BAYELSA.

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 28, 2012
UN presidential address is more of country positions on international issues e.g conflicts,disaster,security,climatic changes,economic meltdown as it related to nigeria and vive versa.i would do better.
acidtalk: Man can FORCE his way to Power
But ONLY GOD can Bestow Respect, Honor and Dignity on him.

God is definitely not pleased with Jonathan. His flaws and shortcomings are just too numerous and there seem to appear no end to his humilation, embarrasment and disgraceful life both home and Abroad.

Kaih!!! If na Obasanjo adress UN, even Obama go glue for seat ni. Who born am to standup when OBJ is speaking??

1 Like

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by stepo707: 9:25am On Sep 28, 2012
Men i feel sorry for GEJ. He needs prayer seriously. embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 28, 2012
Wow, I even feel embarrassed for this guy embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by sweetgala(m): 9:26am On Sep 28, 2012
How I respect the authority OBJ commanded. Thou he is not a president anymore he still commands respect worldwide. Then again he is a decorated Military General , such can be expected.
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by ZUBY77(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2012
I hope the Oyibos watched the speech on TV so that they shortened their lives by 22 minutes each

1 Like

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by GARRIWARLORD(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2012
killuminati: GARRI get mouth pass this jona boy sef undecided
To know which one get mouth pass, check out this thread
www.nairaland.com/1060174/between-garri-leaders
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 28, 2012
Oga Jona nothing do you joor!

2 Likes

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by uzomagic(m): 9:39am On Sep 28, 2012
It's rather unfortunate that a small matter of the perspective from which a picture was taken has become an issue for name-calling and denigration of our Nation and her leader by idle arm-chair critics who out of lack of substance to their endless criticism, resort to the mundane and the ridiculous.
The Hall in which the General Assembly of the United Nations holds is a very massive one and most times, the front row seats are usually vacant. The cameraman simply took a picture from the perspective he could get and some nincompoops come here to write that the President was addressing an empty hall.

3 Likes

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by lakeside025(m): 9:40am On Sep 28, 2012
berem: Oga Jona nothing do you joor!
Una no go kill jona o
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by IYANGBALI: 9:40am On Sep 28, 2012
bigass: You think the oyinbos can hear his think bayelsa accent?
BAYELA ACCENT?i go die ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Shaw007(m): 9:40am On Sep 28, 2012
Shaking my mo'erfucking head!!
**walks along**
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Intrepid1(m): 9:41am On Sep 28, 2012
A lot of people here are being uncharitable. The picture showed the side view of the hall; everyone knows that the bulk of attendees face the podium in any event. This picture does not represent the true state of things and was most likely put up by a jobless GEJ basher for their selfish reasons.

5 Likes

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by buJu234: 9:41am On Sep 28, 2012
of a truth BABY PRESIDENT indeed

lets see what Abati & okupe will say abt this...

1 Like

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 28, 2012
i am goodluck, i am the president of nigeria i bring fresh air!

2 Likes

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by nduchucks: 9:48am On Sep 28, 2012
Dilma Rousseff, President of the Federative Republic of Brazil, speaks at the UN General Assembly meeting at United Nations Headquarters on September 25, 2012 in New York City.

2 Likes

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Naijagunner83: 9:48am On Sep 28, 2012
Amazing the lengths people will go to disparage GEJ. First this picture was taken from a ridiculous angle showing only front rows. Whichever clown uploaded this story should have shown other perspectives of the picture to prove that the hall was empty. Haters, Get a life!!!!!!!!
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by Demdem(m): 9:50am On Sep 28, 2012
ndu_chucks: Dilma Rousseff, President of the Federative Republic of Brazil, speaks at the UN General Assembly meeting at United Nations Headquarters on September 25, 2012 in New York City.

Impressive, especially the front rows.

3 Likes

Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by nduchucks: 9:52am On Sep 28, 2012
double post
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by honeric01(m): 9:52am On Sep 28, 2012
ndu_chucks: Dilma Rousseff, President of the Federative Republic of Brazil, speaks at the UN General Assembly meeting at United Nations Headquarters on September 25, 2012 in New York City.

Even a woman commands much more respect than baba don't give a damn!,his wife would have a been a better sub.
Re: Empty Seats, As GEJ Addresses The UN General Assembly by igbsam(m): 9:53am On Sep 28, 2012
When Hilary was speaking, The Hall was filled.......I went to the toilet to poo and came back 20mins later only to watch my president addressing an empty seat, then i was wondering what happend ? Where has everybody gone ? Then it dawned on me, that no one wants to listen to what he has to say! Or maybe this is a backstage Hall just like the MTV Base Award, where Nigerians are awarded at the backstage of the show! This is a national disgrace. If na me be jona, i go just waka comot.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Sends Airplane To Sierra Leone To Deliver Humanitarian Aid (Photo) / Why Do Nairalanders Refers To The Akoko-edos As Yoruba? / APC Crisis: President Buhari Seeks To Restore Peace As He Meets Amosun, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.