Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,646 members, 7,840,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims (18602 Views)

Why The Saudis Opened The Holy Ka'aba For Buhari In 1984 / FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News / Electing Buhari As President, Disaster For Africa – ex US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2012
tintingz: my dear this not about skin hating. . .this is not the first time Nigeria muslims will go for hajj(pilgrime) in saudi arabia it is a duty that as been practice for the past centuries and Nigeria muslims were not deported cuz the LAW is flexible at that time. . .a muslim female must go with a male partner(muharram) buh right now i think they are strict on the LAW cuz this LAW is not NEW and do you know why?. . .many female didn't go there for hajj but for other things e.g ashi like you said grin
sure...anything to make u sleep at night,this is just the begining
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by EreluY(f): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2012
mahel: u are a bloody fool!

[size=14pt]You should have debunked his claim rather abusing him, Have you any counter-claims?[/size]
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by fortyfeet(m): 10:53pm On Sep 28, 2012
HAH: yes of course one person can be muharram for even 10 ladies
And he can look after them very well which I think is his primary duty. If one for instace requires attention away from where others are, he goes with her, the others are now at the risk of no muharram.
Just thinking!
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by AMADU77: 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by cheikh: 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
talkmarkay
Our goverment have been guilty [/b]of this issue for long time and not ready to correct it.

I just hope that [b]this will serve as a lesson for our goverment
and put the right pen in the right hole also stop beating about the bush.

I am highly supprised seen our leaders running arround to persude the Saudi goverment to pertake on the wrong programme.

I pray to God to help our Leader turn a new leaf.

Those nairaland Insulting the Saudi Goverment should have a rethink; Why this problem only affect Nigerian pilgrims?

@^^ Do you actually think and believe what you wrote above? Is Nigeria not a secular state? Why must a "religious" arrangement by so called pilgrims be the primary responsibility of a secular state? Yes they are Nigerian citizens and that's the interest/responsibility of any serious government/country/nation. Visa delinquency or impropriety by citizens travelling to foreign lands is not the responsibility of any government. The conditions/information was/has been out there for so called pilgrims and the organisations organising such charade. Truthfully nobody takes Nigeria(ns) seriously let alone respect her. The laxity and sloppy behaviour of our so called leadership/representatives abroad, have not gone unnoticed by other nations hence Nigerians anywhere will continue to be treated with ignominy whatever we may think of ourselves as "giant of ..... " grin smiley. Senegal and Mali are predominantly/majority muslim societies yet they do not suffer such contemptuous/ignominious treatments from so called Islamic "brothers". Besides, an Islamic scholar/leader from Senegal challenged the perceived primacy of Mecca/Saudi Arabia as the sole "holy land" hence they also have a Holy place in Senegal(Touba) which is equally held in high reverence like the Saudi sites. Nigerian, Pakistani, Afghan and Indonesian muslims must be the most confused and gullible of those who acquired an alien faith(Islam) unquestionably. None of these places speak arabic let alone understand the subtle beauty/nuances of the faith(Islam) they are ever ready to die for or deplete national wealth sponsoring spurious annual pilgrimages. Is it not national folly?

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2012
fortyfeet:
This is in no way a "national issue" how were they selected, I mean the national or constitutional reference to the selection process. It is entirely muslim matter. No religion in Nigeria is a national religion.

See me as a Nigerian and don't even care to know my religion. If you will care, only do so that you will know what you will not do to me.
thanks my guy. Pls let them read this n unstand d diffs. Sentimentalistic reasoning of some NLders is so disgusting. Tanx my guy 1s again
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by KINGwax(m): 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2012
Excelboi: I wonder why you can't construct a simple sentence, pathetic. @ this whole incidence is getting so twisting! Na wetin dey dis saudi officials want again!? Make them release thisthese women, theretheir laws must be very strict then.
you're the most dumbduck i've ever seen! Are u not the wallydrag askin someone to construct a simple sentence? This is more pathetic!
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by size38: 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
Tombs up to saudi govt.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by 360command: 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
I think Nigeria has been playing a good guy game to every country. Why cant we not just send bomb to one of this countries who ridicules us anyhow. if Saudi govt can shut the mouth of the ambassadors, who else can come to the aid of Nigerians?

We see, read and hear when a US, UK or European citizen is locked up in a foreign jail or prison, it is the duty of the countries high commission to come to their aid.Even if they cannot find a way to rescue them out of the foreign jail, it is their duty to provide support(food,money etc) to their citizens locked in a jail.In the case of Nigeria, it is not possible.

Something is wrong about Nigeria. We are just Giant of Africa having a clay feet.
The country(Nigeria) just need to treat some countries lesson. That is why i respect countries like Iran......

Dieu bénit Nigéria(God bless Nigeria).
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by cheikh: 11:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
ekt_bear
Anyway, this is why follow-follow religion like Islam is useless. How can your religion require to visit Saudi Arabia where some dude can turn you away anyhow or treat you like dirt.

@^^ +100 wink. Christian pilgrims also suffer such contemptuous and ignominious treatments in Jerusalem too. Some of our women folks have been sexually molested and groped by their hosts- Arabs and Jews. Our social standing in the eyes of the rest of the world as a race, is tragic and disheartening indeed.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by SmoothCrim: 1:06am On Sep 29, 2012
Slaves will always defend their masters!! They love their masters more than themselves! Why don't you speak out for your Haratin Muslim brothers who are SLAVES in Mauritania!!!

I have never seen a Nigerian Fulani or Howsad(Hausa) speak up on behalf of their direct Haratin brothers!!

Shame on you, you have no dignity!

Asia OUT!! Give me Africa!!!
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by bashr8: 1:09am On Sep 29, 2012
[size=25pt]culture or local religion over foreign religion, kick out foreign religious extremism out of nigeria that includes croocked chruches robbing the poor[/size]
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by bashr8: 1:10am On Sep 29, 2012
[size=30pt]say no to foreign religion brainwashing and religious slavery [/size]

1 Like

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by okoomoge2(m): 1:19am On Sep 29, 2012
One thing about other countries around the world is they are proud of their country irrespective of personal beliefs, religion or line of tribe.

To the main issue, the application for Hajji visa as stated by the Saudi immigration is as below :

A woman under 45 must travel with a male companion be it son, brother or husband. His details must be clearly stated on visa application form;

Women above 45 may travel without a male companion, provided her husband issue a letter of non objection to travel for Hajj. This letter must be notarised, and the woman must travel within a group that has a maharam responsible for the group.

Now my question, why was the Visa approved by the Saudi government, if they felt the condition for visa approval has not been met by the applicant ?

I would assume previously this condition has been waived by the Saudi Govt for women above 45. What led to the change in Waiver? I have heard stories of some ladies who are not Muslim falsifying their age to go to Saudi, never get to Mecca or medina for the hajji, but stayed back in Jedda for prostitution.

I have also heard stories of Nigerians who go to Saudi for Hajji and do rubbish Sabaka Night party after Hajji, where male and female who have no family connection openly dance together and we all the saudi govt dont approve of this. This party sometime happen immediately after hajji. I think the Saudi have decide to get rid of people who don't understand the purpose of Hajj and by their actions not true believers.

The FG should do a root cause assessment for the sudden hostility against Nigerian Women before flexing diplomatic muscle. You have to respect the set done regulations and laws of any Country for you to be accorded respect or dignity. It is a pity that genuine women who are going for Hajji were made to undergo this embarrassment because of the actions of some Nigerians.

The fall out from this situation, Nigerian minister of internal affairs should work hard to ensure Nigerians don't continue to bash people along religion or tribal lines. This will continue to seed line of hatred.

I think Pa Awo was right. Nigeria is a mere geographical expression and not a country.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 1:53am On Sep 29, 2012
talkmarkay:

I pray to Almighty God to continue his wisdom on you...
Maharram ; is part of islamic guidance by Hadiths of Rasul-llahi (SAW) that a female Muslim should not leave her matrimonia home for complete a whole day else if the outing is mandatory she must have a man that will serve as Maharram ( Maharram ; the husband or her husband junior brother or her father inlaw or any male relation of her husband that can be of help whenever she is into any kind of problem).

Our goverment have been guilty of this issue for long time and not ready to correct it.

I just hope that this will serve as a lesson for our goverment and put the right pen in the right hole also stop beating about the bush.

I am highly supprised seen our leaders running arround to persude the Saudi goverment to pertake on the wrong programme.

I pray to God to help our Leader turn a new leaf.

Those nairaland Insulting the Saudi Goverment should have a rethink; Why this problem only affect Nigerian pilgrims?
Why do you blame the Nigerian government in this?Why didn't the pilgrims voice this out before leaving? Oh lalala...
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by cheikh: 2:09am On Sep 29, 2012
SmoothCrim
I have never seen a Nigerian Fulani or Howsad(Hausa) speak up on behalf of their direct Haratin brothers!!

@^^ Your indignation is quite in order. Unfortunately, most Nigerians including those you mischievously wink mentioned above do not know much about the internal social conditions of other Africans let alone such high minded topic about slavery/Haratin of Mauritania and the rest sahel region(Niger).
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by SmoothCrim: 3:10am On Sep 29, 2012
The Haratins of Mauritania are very similar to the Hausad and Fulani's and in the Barbarian Sahel they are nothing more than SLAVES to the Arabians!!
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Pastis: 3:23am On Sep 29, 2012
Let's stop being sentimental for a while, the Saudi authorities do not want residual prostitutes in their country when hajj is over, that's why the target group here are unaccompanied females between the ages of 25 and 35. Our country and her diplomats cannot be taken serious anywhere in the world unless we get it right in our country first.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by SmoothCrim: 3:47am On Sep 29, 2012
Pastis: Let's stop being sentimental for a while, the Saudi authorities do not want residual prostitutes in their country when hajj is over, that's why the target group here are unaccompanied females between the ages of 25 and 35. Our country and her diplomats cannot be taken serious anywhere in the world unless we get it right in our country first.
Keep defending your masters who consider you nothing more than a Haratin!!!
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by naijaking1: 4:10am On Sep 29, 2012
I congratulate the Saudis for teaching these Nigeriana a lesson. We need to stop wasting money sending people who would have otherwise not afford the trip. What a shame! I wish the federal and state goverments would use the money for something better for the people.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tintingz(m): 4:14am On Sep 29, 2012
ehie: sure...anything to make u sleep at night,this is just the begining
what begining?
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 5:47am On Sep 29, 2012
TinTingz

My Favorite Brainwashed Arabized Pawn

What's Up Man.

Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Myself2(m): 6:14am On Sep 29, 2012
Na muslim on muslim humiliation be this.
Let the brothers of the ones humiliated go and protest in front of the Saudi embassy and born the Saudi flag
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by thehomer: 6:19am On Sep 29, 2012
Can someone tell me why Nigeria is wasting money sponsoring this pointless exercise?
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by cjrane: 6:20am On Sep 29, 2012
Torch1: Arab Muslims see Hausa-Fulani muslims as inferior muslims while Hausa-Fulani muslims in Nigeria see Yoruba Muslims as inferior muslims.. Lol, no equality in Islam.

Hausa-Fulani muslims are slaves to Arab muslims while Yorubas are slaves to Hausa-Fulani muslims!
No wonder Tinubu bowed to Buhari.
In other words, Hausa will soon start their Hajj in Sokoto and when Yoruba come there,their gals will be detained in special private cells with Boko boys( part payment of the 72 virgins promised),then deported back to Osun,where many of them come from in the first place.

But, i love these Saudis.They really mean business. They have deported up to 1000 gals back to Kano and they said Naija can go to hell if all Nigeria do is to send them prostitutes disguised as Hajj gals.Why hasn't anyone demonstrated about the Saudi action which demean them directly? But they would demonstrate over a film made in faraway America.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tpia5: 6:22am On Sep 29, 2012
Hope everything has been sorted out by now.

I'm more worried about boko haram.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 29, 2012
IYA NGBALI: Islam religion of piss. So these so called muslims in Nigeria are not even recognised by the original and the originator of Islam,so upon all their killings they are fake and classless Muslims,eyaaaaaa,sorry o. Honestly I am enjoying this drama. Let somebody shout halleluyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa tongue
You are a Dolt.Apart from discussing Sex,what else do you know.You are a shame to christainity and women in general.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by ufumspeacee: 7:14am On Sep 29, 2012
Excelboi: I wonder why you can't construct a simple sentence, pathetic. @ this whole incidence is getting so twisting! Na wetin dey dis saudi officials want again! Make them release this women, there laws must be very strict then.
pot calling kettle black.ur own sentence nd spelling is worst so next time u want to jurge or condem try to b a little perfect
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by khaady(f): 7:27am On Sep 29, 2012
sunky644: Can a true Muslim explain the sentence "traveling without individual muharram"?
Muharram is a woman‘s husband or any relation that Islamic law forbides her from marrying i.e her brother,father and father in law.
BACK TO THE TOPIC: May Allah save Nigeria from this shame and disgrace. From our leaders to the masses,we hav succeeded in deteriorating our dear country to state of international radicule. angry
sunky644: Can a true Muslim explain the sentence "traveling without individual muharram"?
Muharram is a woman‘s husband or any relation that Islamic law forbides her from marrying i.e her brother,father and father in law.
BACK TO THE TOPIC: May Allah save Nigeria from this shame and disgrace. From our leaders to the masses,we hav succeeded in deteriorating our dear country to state of international radicule.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by fortyfeet(m): 7:47am On Sep 29, 2012
ajobes:
thanks my guy. Pls let them read this n unstand d diffs. Sentimentalistic reasoning of some NLders is so disgusting. Tanx my guy 1s again
You're welcome!
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by fortyfeet(m): 8:14am On Sep 29, 2012
akthedream: You are a Dolt.Apart from discussing Sex,what else do you know.You are a shame to christainity and women in general.
She is not a christian.
Re: Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims by tintingz(m): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2012
~Royal~:
TinTingz
My Favorite Brainwashed Arabized Pawn
What's Up Man.
oh my brainwashed royal of mumu. . .hope your mumu kingdom is doin well? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NLC In Crucial Meeting Today / Peter Obi: Nig Did Not Achieve A Single Goal Of MDG Under PDP Govt Frm 2000_2015 / Oshiomhole Accuses DSS Of Interfering In APC Affairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.