Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

The Christian Vs Muslim Syndrome - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christian Vs Muslim Syndrome (751 Views)

Christian Vs Muslim Marriage / A Christian Vs Atheist View On Abortion / Religious Dilemma! Christian Vs Atheist Girlfriend; Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Christian Vs Muslim Syndrome by bilms(m): 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2012
THE CHRISTIAN VS MUSLIM SYNDROME: - Religion is the most difficult topic to discus today in our society; It could easily lead to misunderstanding and crisis. It is also the greatest gift to lead human through a peaceful and fulfilled life and could also be the greatest tool to Molestation of human heart and cause violence. Religion at some point of understanding has created peace and at other times bring war for lack of understanding.

What do you understand by religion became the question in my mind? Some would claim to be defending their religion based on ignorance and lack of knowledge; they create chaos and condemned others who even understand God better than them. Many would come up with different position on religious matters, but one thing i know for sure is, no man can defend his or her religion. Religion would always be here with or without you, so it does not need you to protect or defend it.

Fear God, Be kind, Love and respect, say good words and never take life. This is what every religion preaches irrespective of yours, why violate this guidance in the name of protecting your religion? It’s obvious that you are wrong and practicing your religion in the wrong way if you abuse someone because he had different view from your religion, not to talk about killing him or her.

Dear Compatriots, in reality and fairness to our two most dominant religions, there is nothing like Christians vs. Muslims contest, until the introduction of faith politicism of our respective religion, if I may use that word, where the supposed religious leaders see their influence on the people as a tool to bargain with Government and politicians for personal gain.

It was in the course of this, that our religion which should ordinarily connect us with our creator now became a source of our disconnection with God. Many people today see their Imam and pastors as representative or guide to God, but that would have been the case, not until the religious leaders sold their heart to materialism, where life is their only goal. A situation was recently reported here in Nigeria,Taraba state were two religious leaders, One Christian Reverend John Simon Jatutu and the others are Muslim clerics Alhaji Inuwa Usman and Alhaji Chindo M. Bose, they collided to divert part of the funds approved to the Muslims and Christian council by the state government for the purpose of celebrating the 2010 independence anniversary and the country’s Golden Jubilee.. Both leaders united when it comes to a common evil to cheat, but we would hear them condemn each other’s religion in their individual capacities in public. We would hear the Reverend who collided with Islamic Cleric to steal claim Muslims want to Islamize Nigeria, why the cleric would also claim the Christians were conspiring against Islam. Yet, both were united to steal. But despite this clarity that our so called religious leaders are not what we see them to be, neither are the things they say worth any dime except for few exceptions.

My dear great people of Nigeria, I have said it before and I am still saying it again, God will not come down to educate us and free us from our ignorance, we have to search for for our own freedom from the bondage of self constrain and imprisonment of the mind, because a freedom given to man can never make him free, he may only be free from his previous worries and be re-enslaved by his new savior. If we allow any pastor, imam, and scholar or what so ever to mislead us into thinking we can justify our religious ignorance’s by accepting their position on our religion, we would no doubt be disappointed on the final day when God hold us accountable for our actions and inactions.

Let me make this clear once again, there is nothing like Christian vs Muslims in Nigeria or anywhere in the world, we only have sincere fools and the wise evil, the lazy to seek for knowledge and the hard working to mislead, the intelligent criminal and the educated illiterate. These are the kind of challenges we have, but unfortunately, the wise evil have handcuffed million of victims. The victims of this faith politicism of religion now perceived the other religion as opponent or rival, whereas; they are collaborator in the ways of the Lord. Both are preaching righteousness, love, unity and peace.
Re: The Christian Vs Muslim Syndrome by idmoore(m): 7:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
Nice write up there, i always advocate that the two dominant religions we have in the country are reaching towards one main goal and i wil tel them that no religion is superior than the other cos both are preaching the same mission in the long run.
Presently am having a challenge of religion in my home cos my fiancee is from a christian home while am frm a muslim home, i neva see anytin in our religious backgrounds since we are not fanatical about it buh i later discover that it wil be much better if the whole family can be developed spiritually in one faith, so i decide to renounce my religion to christianity reason been that it is a religion with a free will and i enjoyed its teachings on the chistian.
So now my mother is against my decision and i told her that has she important to me has a mother so is my wife more important to me as the mother of my children and i wont allow to give chance to anytin that will shatter my home that the soul of my family is not based religion buh on love and that religion is just a passage.
So people should note and not let religious-differences over-take the love that you share.
Re: The Christian Vs Muslim Syndrome by bilms(m): 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
indeed
Re: The Christian Vs Muslim Syndrome by Ptolomeus(m): 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2012
Two religions imported, currently cancer Nigeria.
They have not brought peace, no love, no progress, but misery, hatred and death.
my respects
Re: The Christian Vs Muslim Syndrome by bilms(m): 7:29am On Oct 03, 2012
lol

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Spiritual Lessons You Learnt In 2012. / Do You Guys Confess? / Can She Continue Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.