Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

The Truth About The Holy Trinity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About The Holy Trinity. (3679 Views)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ayomivic(m): 9:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
THE TRUTH ABOUT HOLY TRINITY

Christianity is a unique religion in the world. What make it unique is that, you can't read the Bibe as you are reading novel or others sacred books.Jesus said "unto you it has given to know the mysteries of kingdom of God but to others in parables that seeing they might not see and hearing they might not understand" Luke 8:10

In John 14:26 Jesus said "But the comforter,which is the Holy Gost,whom the father would send in my name,he shall teach you all things and bring all things into your remembrance whatsoever i have said unto you"
This Holy Spirit is what the athiest and other religions lack that make them say the 'Bible is full of contradictions' but its painful to see that some called Christians also are not different to athiests and the people of other religions.They read Bible without the guide of Holy spirit.

Concerning the Holy Trinity,if your believe is that God the father was incarnated and he was Jesus that died for sins of people. My friend, you are wrong. In many verses of Bible, it shows clearly ,that God the father is different to our Lord Jesus Christ. If God the father is thesame with Jesus ,who was the one Jesus refers to as father that is in heaven? Are we saying Jesus was praying to himself?

If you say Jesus is not God,you are wrong because you can't deny Isaiah 9:6 that called Jesus mighty God.

"For unto us a child is born,unto us a son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called wonderful,Councellor,The mighty God,The everlasting father,The prince of peace"

If Jesus was called God in Bible why did you say he is not God?Did you think of this verse to be mistaken?Does that mean Jesus created heaven and earth ,What happened?

The controvery over the issue of Jesus been God or not did not start today.When Jesus was alive,they challenged him to his face in one of his conversation with Jews. What answer did Jesus give to them that challenged him? Let read

". . . .I and my father are one.Then the Jew took up the stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, many good works have i shewed you fron my father;for which of those works do you stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, for the good works we stone thee not but for blasphemy; and because that thou being a man makest theself God. Jesus answered them, is it not in written in your law, i said you are gods?"(John 10:30-34)
The verse Jesus quotes here, is also in Psalm 82:6

"I have said, you are gods and all of you are children of the most High "

In that verse, God called human being gods. Does that mean human being created Heaven and Earth?No, but why did God called human being gods?The book of Genesis said
God created man in his image and he gave them power over every other things he created.This can be found In Genesis 1;27-28

". . So God created man in his own image,in the image of of God created he him,male and female created he them.And God blessed them,and God said unto them be fruitful,and mutiply,and replenish the earth and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

If we understand this to be the reason God calls us gods why are we saying that Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit are not God?

Jesus, in one of his conversation with Jews, he said he had being before Abraham.
"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day,and he saw it and was glad.Then said the Jews unto him,thou are not yet fifty years old,and hast thou seen Abraham?Jesus said verily,verily i say unto you before Abraham was, Iam.(John 8:56-58)"
Also, in the book of luke 20:41-44 Jesus said this
" And he said unto them,How say they that Christ is David's son?And David himself saith in the book of psalms.The Lord said unto my Lord,sit thou on my right hand till i make your thine enemies the footstool.If David therefor calleth him Lord,how is he then is son"

In the two verses above, Jesus shows that he had been in existence before Abraham and David and we all know the years difference between Jesus and these two people. Where was Jesus when Abraham was on earth? It is sure Jesus had not been born before Abraham.The verse above shows where Jesus was."My Lord said to my Lord" two Lord in this statement.The first Lord is God the father and the second Lord is Jesus Christ.This shows that Jesus is in heaven with God.This is where the word 'incarnation' emerged. Jesus ,then take a human form and came from heaven to earth not that God the father came to earth in human form.

Further more,the book of Daniel tells us how Jesus was ordain.
"I saw in the night visions, and behold, one like th Son of man came to the Ancient of days and they brought him near before him.And there was given him dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all people,nations, and language,should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominnion which shall never pass away,and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.Daniel 7:13-14"

The 'Ancient of days' in the above verses was God the father and 'One like son of man' was Our Lord Jesus Christ. Remember, Jesus testified to above verses when he said "all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth"Math 28:18

Reason Jesus is God is that of ruling power that was given unto him over the earth and heaven and also,Jesus is not of this earth and the one that comes from above is greater than human being.As human being who is image of God greater than other creature on earth.
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2012
Ayomivic: THE TRUTH ABOUT HOLY TRINITY

Christianity is a unique religion in the world. What make it unique is that, you can't read the Bibe as you are reading novel or others sacred books.Jesus said "unto you it has given to know the mysteries of kingdom of God but to others in parables that seeing they might not see and hearing they might not understand" Luke 8:10

In John 14:26 Jesus said "But the comforter,which is the Holy Gost,whom the father would send in my name,he shall teach you all things and bring all things into your remembrance whatsoever i have said unto you"
This Holy Spirit is what the athiest and other religions lack that make them say the 'Bible is full of contradictions' but its painful to see that some called Christians also are not different to athiests and the people of other religions.They read Bible without the guide of Holy spirit.

Concerning the Holy Trinity,if your believe is that God the father was incarnated and he was Jesus that died for sins of people. My friend, you are wrong. In many verses of Bible, it shows clearly ,that God the father is different to our Lord Jesus Christ. If God the father is thesame with Jesus ,who was the one Jesus refers to as father that is in heaven? Are we saying Jesus was praying to himself?

If you say Jesus is not God,you are wrong because you can't deny Isaiah 9:6 that called Jesus mighty God.

"For unto us a child is born,unto us a son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called wonderful,Councellor,The mighty God,The everlasting father,The prince of peace"

If Jesus was called God in Bible why did you say he is not God?Did you think of this verse to be mistaken?Does that mean Jesus created heaven and earth ,What happened?

The controvery over the issue of Jesus been God or not did not start today.When Jesus was alive,they challenged him to his face in one of his conversation with Jews. What answer did Jesus give to them that challenged him? Let read

". . . .I and my father are one.Then the Jew took up the stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, many good works have i shewed you fron my father;for which of those works do you stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, for the good works we stone thee not but for blasphemy; and because that thou being a man makest theself God. Jesus answered them, is it not in written in your law, i said you are gods?"(John 10:30-34)
The verse Jesus quotes here, is also in Psalm 82:6

"I have said, you are gods and all of you are children of the most High "

In that verse, God called human being gods. Does that mean human being created Heaven and Earth?No, but why did God called human being gods?The book of Genesis said
God created man in his image and he gave them power over every other things he created.This can be found In Genesis 1;27-28

". . So God created man in his own image,in the image of of God created he him,male and female created he them.And God blessed them,and God said unto them be fruitful,and mutiply,and replenish the earth and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

If we understand this to be the reason God calls us gods why are we saying that Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit are not God?

Jesus, in one of his conversation with Jews, he said he had being before Abraham.
"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day,and he saw it and was glad.Then said the Jews unto him,thou are not yet fifty years old,and hast thou seen Abraham?Jesus said verily,verily i say unto you before Abraham was, Iam.(John 8:56-58)"
Also, in the book of luke 20:41-44 Jesus said this
" And he said unto them,How say they that Christ is David's son?And David himself saith in the book of psalms.The Lord said unto my Lord,sit thou on my right hand till i make your thine enemies the footstool.If David therefor calleth him Lord,how is he then is son"

In the two verses above, Jesus shows that he had been in existence before Abraham and David and we all know the years difference between Jesus and these two people. Where was Jesus when Abraham was on earth? It is sure Jesus had not been born before Abraham.The verse above shows where Jesus was."My Lord said to my Lord" two Lord in this statement.The first Lord is God the father and the second Lord is Jesus Christ.This shows that Jesus is in heaven with God.This is where the word 'incarnation' emerged. Jesus ,then take a human form and came from heaven to earth not that God the father came to earth in human form.

Further more,the book of Daniel tells us how Jesus was ordain.
"I saw in the night visions, and behold, one like th Son of man came to the Ancient of days and they brought him near before him.And there was given him dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all people,nations, and language,should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominnion which shall never pass away,and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.Daniel 7:13-14"

The 'Ancient of days' in the above verses was God the father and 'One like son of man' was Our Lord Jesus Christ. Remember, Jesus testified to above verses when he said "all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth"Math 28:18

Reason Jesus is God is that of ruling power that was given unto him over the earth and heaven and also,Jesus is not of this earth and the one that comes from above is greater than human being.As human being who is image of God greater than other creature on earth.

I'm quoting ur words....

1...""Reason Jesus is God is that of ruling power that was given unto him over the earth and heaven ""

2."".Concerning the Holy Trinity,if your believe is that God the father was incarnated and he was Jesus that died for sins of people. My friend, you are wrong. In many verses of Bible, it shows clearly ,that God the father is different to our Lord Jesus Christ. If God the father is thesame with Jesus ,who was the one Jesus refers to as father that is in heaven? Are we saying Jesus was praying to himself?""

I'll have to applaud you for having this understanding....

Some trinitarians wiLl still argue with you o....

Some will come here and say Jesus infact is the Father....

But u,u got good spiritual perception....

You gave the exact reason why Jesus is called a mighty God in isaiah 9:6....

You are really learning d bible.....
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 10:30pm On Sep 29, 2012
But OP please discard the word TRINITY and the doctrine itself...it taints the truth u know....it goes against some salient truths u put up there......

Just throw away that word...its pagan....
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ayomivic(m): 10:32pm On Sep 29, 2012
Also, Holy Spirit is greater than human being because he comes from God and he was given power to rule over Millions of Christians in the world.That makes him God too.

Many people refused to accept Holy Spirit as God because they did not see where it written in Bible that he is God.Some says Holy Spirit is power of God. I want us to know that there are mysteries about the Holy Spirit. If we remember, it came upon Jesus as dove, he decended on disciples as tongues of fire, that shows it can come in any form.

God the father is only one God that has supreme power over the earth and heaven. He was the one that created every things on earth and in heave.Human being is gods over all other creature on earth,Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit are gods over human being,God the father father is creator of all and one God we all worship.

Finally, i believed that all Christians knows that God is one.This is the first of the comandment and the biggest of all comandment.Our spirit is our witness that God is one even though ,we believed in Holy Trinity.
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Goshen360(m): 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
ijawkid:

I'm quoting ur words....

1...""Reason Jesus is God is that of ruling power that was given unto him over the earth and heaven ""

2."".Concerning the Holy Trinity,if your believe is that God the father was incarnated and he was Jesus that died for sins of people. My friend, you are wrong. In many verses of Bible, it shows clearly ,that God the father is different to our Lord Jesus Christ. If God the father is thesame with Jesus ,who was the one Jesus refers to as father that is in heaven? Are we saying Jesus was praying to himself?""

Oga Ijawkid,

I salute o. I have said it in the past. The way some of our brethren teach this Trinity stuf makes everything so confusing. It is very clear from the scripture that Jesus even though the bible under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit called him God, He (Jesus) is not the Father. However, it doesn't mean we should deny the Deity of Christ. He is the God, not the Father that was manifest in the flesh, preached unto all.

@ Ayomivic,

Very insightful article. God bless you. The Father is different from Jesus but they are called God. Every context of "God" tells us what "God" reference is made to. I will preach it until people listen, CONTEXT IS THE KEY TO UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE.
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Goshen360(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
ijawkid: But OP please discard the word TRINITY and the doctrine itself...it taints the truth u know....it goes against some salient truths u put up there......

Just throw away that word...its pagan....

grin grin grin

I can understand. I think I agree with you on the above highlight. I will follow after. That word is NEVER in the bible, why use or introduce it to explain the concept of God. We can find a word that appears in the bible like "Godhead" etc rather than "Trinity" but we should NOT also discard the bible truth of the Father being called God, Jesus being called God and the Holy Spirit being called God just because the word "Trinity" is used to explain the concept of God. This is the crusade we should engage ourselves.
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Goshen360(m): 10:43pm On Sep 29, 2012
Ayomivic: Also, Holy Spirit is greater than human being because he comes from God and he was given power to rule over Millions of Christians in the world.That makes him God too.

Many people refused to accept Holy Spirit as God because they did not see where it written in Bible that he is God.Some says Holy Spirit is power of God. I want us to know that there are mysteries about the Holy Spirit. If we remember, it came upon Jesus as dove, he decended on disciples as tongues of fire, that shows it can come in any form.

God the father is only one God that has supreme power over the earth and heaven. He was the one that created every things on earth and in heave.Human being is gods over all other creature on earth,Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit are gods over human being,God the father father is creator of all and one God we all worship.

Finally, i believed that all Christians knows that God is one.This is the first of the comandment and the biggest of all comandment.Our earth bear us witness that God is one even though ,we believed in Holy Trinity.

I have shown Ijawkid and truthislight where the Bible calls the Holy Spirit God but they discarded the scripture that they don't agree with it. It was strange to me anyway but they are my good brothers, lolz. Truthislight and Frosbel, (I don't know and am not sure the position of Ijawkid); believes the Holy Spirit is a force or power. This is totally strange to the scripture. A force doesn't speak, doesn't have mind etc but the bible makes it clear that the Holy Spirit is NOT a force or power but a being that speak etc. Let every man sit to study the bible with all humility and open mind to be taught by the Holy Spirit.
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
Goshen360:

grin grin grin

I can understand. I think I agree with you on the above highlight. I will follow after. That word is NEVER in the bible, why use or introduce it to explain the concept of God. We can find a word that appears in the bible like "Godhead" etc rather than "Trinity" but we should NOT also discard the bible truth of the Father being called God, Jesus being called God and the Holy Spirit being called God just because the word "Trinity" is used to explain the concept of God. This is the crusade we should engage ourselves.

At my bro goshen......

I just have one question for u that should settle us....

Is Yahweh greater than Jesus??

I know we all know God is nobody's name...

But we know from Jesus that there is only 1 true God when it comes to the aspect of whom exclusive devotion should be given to...

I repeat the question...

Is Yahweh the God and Father of Jesus and also greater than Jesus??

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2012
Goshen360:

I have shown Ijawkid and truthislight where the Bible calls the Holy Spirit God but they discarded the scripture that they don't agree with it. It was strange to me anyway but they are my good brothers, lolz. Truthislight and Frosbel, (I don't know and am not sure the position of Ijawkid); believes the Holy Spirit is a force or power. This is totally strange to the scripture. A force doesn't speak, doesn't have mind etc but the bible makes it clear that the Holy Spirit is NOT a force or power but a being that speak etc. Let every man sit to study the bible with all humility and open mind to be taught by the Holy Spirit.

U provided just 1 verse to support your stance that the holy spirit is God and it was indeed an obscure one....we were waiting to see like over 50 scriptures that explicitly says the holy spirit is God or a God....

Not withstanding the trinity has made many say these 3 gods are co-equal and the same...

And that the bible never agrees with...the bible totally does not agree with that concept....

And u know that......

Ayomivic just showed us the reason why Jesus was called a mighty God...

Did u read up the reason he gave??
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:11am On Sep 30, 2012
ijawkid:

I'm quoting ur words....

when i was 12yrs old i learnt that the momen a Jw put the article "a" before the word "God", he has succeeded is saying what scripture didnt say. Did u notice that the article "a" doesnt appear when the bible talks about the deity of christ? Christ is "mighty God", the word was God, the scripture didnt say "the word was a God".
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:15am On Sep 30, 2012
Goshen360:

Oga Ijawkid,

I salute o. I have said it in the past. The way some of our brethren teach this Trinity stuf makes everything so confusing. It is very clear from the scripture that Jesus even though the bible under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit called him God, He (Jesus) is not the Father. However, it doesn't mean we should deny the Deity of Christ. He is the God, not the Father that was manifest in the flesh, preached unto all.

@ Ayomivic,

Very insightful article. God bless you. The Father is different from Jesus but they are called God. Every context of "God" tells us what "God" reference is made to. I will preach it until people listen, CONTEXT IS THE KEY TO UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE.
amen to this
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:26am On Sep 30, 2012
Goshen360:

grin grin grin

the simple fact remains that scripture didnt and doesnt have a word to describe the reality that the father is God, the son is God and the holyspirit is God and God is one. Because scripture does not have a word for describing that reality, we naturally have to pick a word that best describes it and the word "trinity", "triune" fits. I also wish to contest ur point that the word trinity is pagan, i would like to see pagan documents where the word trinity is used. The fact is such documents donot exist and ur arguement falls flat on it face. I also wish to say that the fact that pagans use a word doesnt make the word abominable, the english we speak today decended from some pagans in albion, britian and yet nobody claims that english language as a whole is abominable. To claim a word is abominable because it was used by pagans is superstitious. Besides d bible also didnt have a word to describe the reality that "the word became flesh and dwelt amongst us" the word "incarnation" was used.
Peace
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:30am On Sep 30, 2012
Goshen360:

ijawkid also think the holy spirit is "GOD's active force".
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:13am On Sep 30, 2012
ijawkid:

At my bro goshen......

I just have one question for u that should settle us....

Is Yahweh greater than Jesus??
this is the ijawkid special question. The problem with this question is that the name Yahweh is not exclusive to the father, gen 19:24 show two distinct persons called Yahweh it says "then Yahweh rained on sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Yahweh in heaven". Aha! Two distinct persons are identified as Yahweh is that passage so my question is which of the persons called yahweh in that passage are u refering to? are u asking abt the Yahweh in the form of man on earth or the other raining brimstone Yahweh is not exclusive of d fada so reconstruct ur sentence.

I know we all know God is nobody's name...

But we know from Jesus that there is only 1 true God when it comes to the aspect of whom exclusive devotion should be given to...

I repeat the question...

Is Yahweh the God and Father of Jesus and also greater than Jesus??
and my answer to the well constructed question below is that it depends on your definition of "greater". Your understanding of my answer also depends on your understanding of that passage that say "he took the form of a slave" and another that says "he was made lower than the angels", in this sense, that christ lived among us with our limited and inferior nature the words of christ hold true when he says "the fada is greater than i.
Peace
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 3:13am On Sep 30, 2012
Ubenedictus: this is the ijawkid special question. The problem with this question is that the name Yahweh is not exclusive to the father, gen 19:24 show two distinct persons called Yahweh it says "then Yahweh rained on sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Yahweh in heaven". Aha! Two distinct persons are identified as Yahweh is that passage so my question is which of the persons called yahweh in that passage are u refering to? are u asking abt the Yahweh in the form of man on earth or the other raining brimstone Yahweh is not exclusive of d fada so reconstruct ur sentence.

and my answer to the well constructed question below is that it depends on your definition of "greater". Your understanding of my answer also depends on your understanding of that passage that say "he took the form of a slave" and another that says "he was made lower than the angels", in this sense, that christ lived among us with our limited and inferior nature the words of christ hold true when he says "the fada is greater than i.
Peace

Is there any other definition of greater than??

Please if u've got better scriptures bring them out......

Deuteronomy 6:4 tells u how many Yahweh we have....so don't run around or quote genesis 19:24 out of context....

If the trinity dogma veil would let you know Yahweh isn't distinct from himself u wouldn't quote that verse and read spurious meanings into it....

Genesis says it was Yahweh who made it rain down fire and sulphur on sodom and gomorrah....

Where else was Yahweh if not in heaven??...

Abi u carry am come earth??.....

Yahweh rained down sulphur and fire on sodom.....

There has never been a time Yahweh left his lofty position.....

Please read deuteronomy 6:4 and stick to it...

##World English Bible
Hear, Israel: Yahweh is our God; Yahweh is
one:
##Young's Literal Translation
Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one
Jehovah;

We have only one Yahweh......

Yahweh or Jehovah is exclusive to only Yahweh..the one and only true God..

Don't come here speading this heresy of Yahweh been the surname of a triune Godhead...
That is against the scriptures......

No Jew would ever agree with u...not even Jesus...

Read deuteronomy 6:4 until u learn to let the bible answer your questions and not a pagan trinity....

And as regards The Father greater than Jesus....that is a fact that the bible also lucidly points out...

The father is greater than Jesus in every way....

After Jesus's ascension into heaven the Father continued to be greater and will be greater for all eternity...

It seems since we've been quoting 1 corinthians 15:24-28 you've been closing your eyes.......

Jesus will be subject to the Father for all eternity....

You can add 1 corinthians 11:3 if you want to....

How u want to water down the word ""Greater"" is what is getting me surprised...

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 6:46am On Sep 30, 2012
Ayomivic: Also, Holy Spirit is greater than human being because he comes from God and he was given power to rule over Millions of Christians in the world.That makes him God too.

Finally, i believed that all Christians knows that God is one.This is the first of the comandment and the biggest of all comandment.Our spirit is our witness that God is one even though ,we believed in Holy Trinity.

My brother if you believe this you just wrote..

""God the father is only one God that has
supreme power over the earth and heaven. He
was the one that created every things on
earth and in heave.Human being is gods over all
other creature on earth,Jesus Christ and Holy
Spirit are gods over human being,God the
father father is creator of all and one God we
all worship"" ....

Then its time to stop using that word trinity...

If u believe the Father is the one and only true God and also God over Jesus then you have one way or the other discarded the trinity dogma that says clearly that Jesus and the Father are equal....

I'm happy @ least you know this truth.....

Thank you.....

Tell your fellow trinitarians that Yahweh has no equal...

That's my job here on nairaland...
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by truthislight: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2012
Goshen360:

when the holy spirit talks it is God that is talking (when your hand or leg do something it is you that does that)

the holy spirit talks through a medium Man. = (God talk through man)

Jesus christ use the spirit to talk to human also.

Satan also used his spirit(power) to talk through the serpent in the garden of eden.

The hand and leg of spirit creatures is the "spirit"

(in a central sense, the word "spirit" means that this spirit creatures and their activities/power are invisible)
but "holy" spirit is a reference to God's active force.

there is good and bad spirit(power use for good or bad ends)

when the spirit of God(power of God) is upon someone and the person speaks accordingly, it can be said that the "spirit speaks" Acts 15.

Even possible for God to used his power(spirit) to make animal to talk.

It is this force/life force (God's spirit) that keeps us alive

this force/spirit belongs to almighty God, so it goes back to God when we die.
(like saying Electric power authority has taken power/light)
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:03am On Oct 01, 2012
Have u finished?
ijawkid:

Is there any other definition of greater than??
Please if u've got better scriptures bring them out......
Deuteronomy 6:4 tells u how many Yahweh we have....so don't run around or quote genesis 19:24 out of context....
hahaha, 1 God in 3 persons so i believe, u are trying to dodge the fact that genesis mentions 2 persons answering d name yahweh "and yahweh rained down fire and brimestone of sodom and gomorrah from yahweh in heaven". Deal with it.

If the trinity dogma veil would let you know Yahweh isn't distinct from himself u wouldn't quote that verse and read spurious meanings into it....
u have refused to give u nonspurious meaning to the fact that two persons were identified as yahweh.

Genesis says it was Yahweh who made it rain down fire and sulphur on sodom and gomorrah....

Where else was Yahweh if not in heaven??...
gen 18:22 "so d men turned from there and abraham still stood before yahweh"
gen18:33"and yahweh went his way wen he had finish speaking to abraham and abraham went to his place". Haha, go on and argue, if yahweh was on earth in d form of a man.

Yahweh rained down sulphur and fire on sodom.....
There has never been a time Yahweh left his lofty position.....
gen 18:33, the epiphanies of the old testament shows us that yahweh was on earth in d form of a man.

Please read deuteronomy 6:4 and stick to it...

##World English Bible
Hear, Israel: Yahweh is our God; Yahweh is
one:
Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one
Jehovah;

We have only one Yahweh......
that is the shema, "shema o israel", it doesnt contradict my position either, one God in 3 persons.

Don't come here speading this heresy of Yahweh been the surname of a triune Godhead...
That is against the scriptures......
u are d person contradicting scripture and have fail to explain how come two person have d name yahweh in gen19:24
No Jew would ever agree with u...not even Jesus...
im not a jew im a christian, and i certainly remember that the jews tried to stone Jesus for calling himself d begotten of God because by that title they said "he claimed equality with God".

Read deuteronomy 6:4 until u learn to let the bible answer your questions and not a pagan trinity....
det6:4 doesnt contradict me

And as regards The Father greater than Jesus....that is a fact that the bible also lucidly points out...

The father is greater than Jesus in every way....
hahaha, u added "in every way". Have u started writting ur own bible?

It seems since we've been quoting 1 corinthians 15:24-28 you've been closing your eyes.......

Jesus will be subject to the Father for all eternity....
my mum is subject to my dad accding to scriptures yet they posses equal dignity. A slave isnt greater than d master and yet that doesnt master greater that human. He and his slave has equal dignity becos they posses d same nature, of men born of women none is greater than john, that doesnt make john more than human. He is still equal in dignity to others. And yes the father has d "monachia" in the trinity so that everyone is 'subject' to him and doesnt make him more of a God than christ Jesus.

You can add 1 corinthians 11:3 if you want to....

How u want to water down the word ""Greater"" is what is getting me surprised...
i didnt water down anything, i simply showed u how both can posses equal dignity and yet the father still has d 'monachia' or leadership.
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2012
truthislight:

when the holy spirit talks it is God that is talking (when your hand or leg do something it is you that does that)

the holy spirit talks through a medium Man. = (God talk through man)

Jesus christ use the spirit to talk to human also.

Satan also used his spirit(power) to talk through the serpent in the garden of eden.

The hand and leg of spirit creatures is the "spirit"

(in a central sense, the word "spirit" means that this spirit creatures and their activities/power are invisible)
but "holy" spirit is a reference to God's active force.

there is good and bad spirit(power use for good or bad ends)

when the spirit of God(power of God) is upon someone and the person speaks accordingly, it can be said that the "spirit speaks" Acts 15.

Even possible for God to used his power(spirit) to make animal to talk.

It is this force/life force (God's spirit) that keeps us alive

this force/spirit belongs to almighty God, so it goes back to God when we die.
(like saying Electric power authority has taken power/light)
how come an impersonal force is a "he"?
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 10:37am On Oct 01, 2012
Ubenedictus: Have u finished? hahaha, 1 God in 3 persons so i believe, u are trying to dodge the fact that genesis mentions 2 persons answering d name yahweh "and yahweh rained down fire and brimestone of sodom and gomorrah from yahweh in heaven". Deal with it.

u have refused to give u nonspurious meaning to the fact that two persons were identified as yahweh.

gen 18:22 "so d men turned from there and abraham still stood before yahweh"
gen18:33"and yahweh went his way wen he had finish speaking to abraham and abraham went to his place". Haha, go on and argue, if yahweh was on earth in d form of a man.
gen 18:33, the epiphanies of the old testament shows us that yahweh was on earth in d form of a man.

that is the shema, "shema o israel", it doesnt contradict my position either, one God in 3 persons.

u are d person contradicting scripture and have fail to explain how come two person have d name yahweh in gen19:24
im not a jew im a christian, and i certainly remember that the jews tried to stone Jesus for calling himself d begotten of God because by that title they said "he claimed equality with God".

det6:4 doesnt contradict me

hahaha, u added "in every way". Have u started writting ur own bible?

my mum is subject to my dad accding to scriptures yet they posses equal dignity. A slave isnt greater than d master and yet that doesnt master greater that human. He and his slave has equal dignity becos they posses d same nature, of men born of women none is greater than john, that doesnt make john more than human. He is still equal in dignity to others. And yes the father has d "monachia" in the trinity so that everyone is 'subject' to him and doesnt make him more of a God than christ Jesus.

i didnt water down anything, i simply showed u how both can posses equal dignity and yet the father still has d 'monachia' or leadership.

U've been hanging too much on mum and dad analogy....

Try using Jesus and us(men) to explain equality...

Are we and Jesus equal??

Please answer.....

Despite the fact that we are brothers with Jesus simply because we share d same Father and God with Him,does that make us equal??

I'll tell you one thing that the trinity won't let u see...

Yahweh and Jesus are not equal...

Its all over the scriptures....and if u can't see it,then what more can a man do??....

There is nothing Jesus has that he didn't get from the Father...

Is it authority??

Is it power??

Is it life??

Is it rulership??

Name it.............

Jesus can't and will never be equal to the 1 person who gave Him all he has....

A slave cannot be equal to his master...

Jesus is not equal with God.....we(men) are not equal with Jesus......

The chain goes on and on....

The minute u claim Jesus is equal with God,be ready to agree that man is equal with Jesus.....

Yahweh is the Father and God of Jesus and all of us.......

I'll quote 1 corinthians 15:24-28 again and again.....

That verse talks about the end.....

When Yahweh will show that he is over everybody......

He will show trinitarians that he has no rival,no equals......he will show many that he aint co-equal with anybody,not even His son....

Thank you.....
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 10:40am On Oct 01, 2012
@ubenidictus......genesis didn't mention 2 Yahwehs...the trinity wine u've been drinking is what is dulling you......

If after quoting deuteronomy your still arguing that there are 3 Yahwehs ,then u need to do sometin about your bible knowledge.....

Genesis says Yahweh made it rain fire and sulphur from heaven.....

What else do u not understand??
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:13pm On Oct 01, 2012
"yahweh made it rain fire an brimestone on sodom and gomorrah from yahweh"
that is very clear "yahweh rained fire...from yahweh" u are trying to dodge. Tell me how come there are two persons answering yahweh in that passage.
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
ijawkid:

U've been hanging too much on mum and dad analogy....

Try using Jesus and us(men) to explain equality...

Are we and Jesus equal??

Please answer.....

Despite the fact that we are brothers with Jesus simply because we share d same Father and God with Him,does that make us equal??

I'll tell you one thing that the trinity won't let u see...

Yahweh and Jesus are not equal...

Its all over the scriptures....and if u can't see it,then what more can a man do??....

There is nothing Jesus has that he didn't get from the Father...

Is it authority??

Is it power??

Is it life??

Is it rulership??

Name it.............

Jesus can't and will never be equal to the 1 person who gave Him all he has....

A slave cannot be equal to his master...
all humans are equal in dignity whether slave or master.
Jesus is not equal with God.....we(men) are not equal with Jesus......

The chain goes on and on....

The minute u claim Jesus is equal with God,be ready to agree that man is equal with Jesus.....
Yahweh is the Father and God of Jesus and all of us.......
I'll quote 1 corinthians 15:24-28 again and again.....
That verse talks about the end.....
When Yahweh will show that he is over everybody......
He will show trinitarians that he has no rival,no equals......he will show many that he aint co-equal with anybody,not even His son....
Thank you.....
my friend, as man Jesus was like us, the same human nature, the same equal human dignity. He is only greater than us in his divine nature because he was also God "the fulnes of the deity dwelt in him" that is how christ is infinitely greater than us. The father is the source/origin of the divinity, he beget Jesus christ from all eternity, so all the son has comes from the father and the father is the head, has monachia over the son. That is it, the father is head over the son, and since they have the same nature (GOD begets GOD) Jesus has the same dignity of nature. My dad is d head of my mum and my mum is equal in dignity to my dad. I am also equal to my dad in dignity cos i have d same human nature, im not an animal. This is what st paul said in corithians, "the head of the woman is man and the head of christ is God", just as man and woman are equal in dignity so is d fada and Christ.
It is there in black and white, u have closed your eyes from seeing and ur mind from understanding.
Peace
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 2:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ubenedictus: "yahweh made it rain fire an brimestone on sodom and gomorrah from yahweh"
that is very clear "yahweh rained fire...from yahweh" u are trying to dodge. Tell me how come there are two persons answering yahweh in that passage.

How does this verse show there are 2 Yahwehs??

Genesis 19:24..

##World English Bible
Then Yahweh rained on Sodom and on
Gomorrah sulfur and fire from Yahweh out of
the sky.
and Jehovah hath rained upon Sodom and upon
Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Jehovah,
from the heavens;

If the trinity is not written all over your body why would u pick up gensis 19:24 to think that there are 2 Yahwehs...

That clear verse is talking about one and d same person...and that person is Yahweh......

Yahweh is one not 2.......

Stop cherry picking verses that don't support the pagan dogmata.....stop twisting verses to support your stance...

Both the brimstone,fire and sulphur came forth from the heavens where Yahweh resides....

Ubenidictus u surprise me a lot...

Oya start reciting deuteronomy 6:4 and mark 12:29 and let it sink in your head.....

##....Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Yeshua said to him, “The first of all the
commandments: 'Hear Israel, THE LORD
JEHOVAH your God, THE LORD JEHOVAH,
he is One.' “...

Keep reciting until u get over the trinity.....

Thank u sir.....
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ubenedictus: all humans are equal in dignity whether slave or master.
my friend, as man Jesus was like us, the same human nature, the same equal human dignity. He is only greater than us in his divine nature because he was also God "the fulnes of the deity dwelt in him" that is how christ is infinitely greater than us. The father is the source/origin of the divinity, he beget Jesus christ from all eternity, so all the son has comes from the father and the father is the head, has monachia over the son. That is it, the father is head over the son, and since they have the same nature (GOD begets GOD) Jesus has the same dignity of nature. My dad is d head of my mum and my mum is equal in dignity to my dad. I am also equal to my dad in dignity cos i have d same human nature, im not an animal. This is what st paul said in corithians, "the head of the woman is man and the head of christ is God", just as man and woman are equal in dignity so is d fada and Christ.
It is there in black and white, u have closed your eyes from seeing and ur mind from understanding.
Peace

If God begets God, how can a begotten God be equal to his begetter??

How??

Do u hear yourself....??

Its written all over the bible...

Yahweh is greater than Jesus.......Yahweh is the God of Jesus....

No amount of scripture twisting can change that.......

Yahweh begot Yeshua and for that singular reason Yehshua is less than his Father...

And a million times I've said that Jesus and all the angels in heaven are of the same nature with the Father...they are all divine ,and heavenly...

And they were all begotten by the Father....
But Yahweh is the God and Father of them all..

If u can understand this simple points u'll be free.....

Yahweh has no equals....he is the almighty...the almighty has no equals....

And I have asked u,if we humans are equal with Jesus...

You haven't answered.... .....
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2012
ijawkid:

How does this verse show there are 2 Yahwehs??

Genesis 19:24..

##World English Bible
Then Yahweh rained on Sodom and on
Gomorrah sulfur and fire from Yahweh out of
the sky.
and Jehovah hath rained upon Sodom and upon
Gomorrah brimstone and fire from Jehovah,
from the heavens;

If the trinity is not written all over your body why would u pick up gensis 19:24 to think that there are 2 Yahwehs...

That clear verse is talking about one and d same person...and that person is Yahweh......

Yahweh is one not 2.......

Stop cherry picking verses that don't support the pagan dogmata.....stop twisting verses to support your stance...

Both the brimstone,fire and sulphur came forth from the heavens where Yahweh resides....

Ubenidictus u surprise me a lot...

Oya start reciting deuteronomy 6:4 and mark 12:29 and let it sink in your head.....

##....Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Yeshua said to him, “The first of all the
commandments: 'Hear Israel, THE LORD
JEHOVAH your God, THE LORD JEHOVAH,
he is One.' “...

Keep reciting until u get over the trinity.....

Thank u sir.....
hahaha, i have done my share of bible recitals, i took a liking for d shema, it went futher, u must teach it 2 ur children and put it on ur door post etc, a great passage, i dont need to recite it again, it is crytal clear and i understand it God is one. Yahweh is one. It doesnt contradict d fact that yahweh revealed himself in more than one person.
The verse in question is saying yahweh rain fire from yahweh, can u hear and see that. Can u say "ubenedictus ...(performed an action)...from ubenedictus? Like saying "ijawkid stole a pot of soup from ijawkid". Unless there a 2 ijawkids then is it impossible for ijawkid to steal from ijawkid in d strict sense. Unless 2 person answer yahweh then it is illogical for yahweh to rain down fire from yahweh.
Peace
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 3:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
ijawkid:

If God begets God, how can a begotten God be equal to his begetter??
because been begotten makes u posses the same nature as the begetter thus making u equal in dignity. My parents begot me and i am equal to them in dignity. And in that sense by my human nature i am equal in dignity to all humans.

How??
Do u hear yourself....??
Its written all over the bible...
Yahweh is greater than Jesus.......Yahweh is the God of Jesus....

No amount of scripture twisting can change that.......
this is because u have failed to understand that which u read
Yahweh begot Yeshua and for that singular reason Yehshua is less than his Father...
that mean u are less human than ur father because he begot u. It seem u are trying to say Christ is less God than his father becos he was begotter. Apply that stupid logic to urself and i will conclude that u are an animal because anything less than human falls into d animal category.

And a million times I've said that Jesus and all the angels in heaven are of the same nature with the Father...they are all divine ,and heavenly...
are u also going to tell me that the angels posses the fullness of the deity?

And they were all begotten by the Father....
my bible say Jesus is the only begotten and it also lets me know in the book of hebrew chapter 1 that no angel was begetten. All the angels were CREATED by God thru his only begotten son Jesus christ.
Ijawkid have u started to make ur own bible? the bible clearly shows us that d angels arent begotten. Give me scripture that support u, where do u base ur error?
But Yahweh is the God and Father of them all..

If u can understand this simple points u'll be free.....

Yahweh has no equals....he is the almighty...the almighty has no equals....

And I have asked u,if we humans are equal with Jesus...
You haven't answered.... .....
hope u didnt close ur eyes becos 2 post ago in my 2nd sentence, i answered that question.
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, i have done my share of bible recitals, i took a liking for d shema, it went futher, u must teach it 2 ur children and put it on ur door post etc, a great passage, i dont need to recite it again, it is crytal clear and i understand it God is one. Yahweh is one. It doesnt contradict d fact that yahweh revealed himself in more than one person.
The verse in question is saying yahweh rain fire from yahweh, can u hear and see that. Can u say "ubenedictus ...(performed an action)...from ubenedictus? Like saying "ijawkid stole a pot of soup from ijawkid". Unless there a 2 ijawkids then is it impossible for ijawkid to steal from ijawkid in d strict sense. Unless 2 person answer yahweh then it is illogical for yahweh to rain down fire from yahweh.
Peace

Its like saying ijawkid stole a pot of soup and ijawkid stole a pencil.......

I am still the same person who stole a pot of soup and then some ones pencil....

Look @ the verse...
and Jehovah hath rained upon Sodom and
upon
Gomorrah brimstone and fire from
Jehovah,
from the heavens;

The fire ,brimstone all came forth from the Yahweh who resides in the heaven.....from the same person...

Not one person appearing in different forms...

Besides Yahweh has got angels who can go down to the earth for him....
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ubenedictus: because been begotten makes u posses the same nature as the begetter thus making u equal in dignity. My parents begot me and i am equal to them in dignity. And in that sense by my human nature i am equal in dignity to all humans.

this is because u have failed to understand that which u read
that mean u are less human than ur father because he begot u. It seem u are trying to say Christ is less God than his father becos he was begotter. Apply that stupid logic to urself and i will conclude that u are an animal because anything less than human falls into d animal category.

are u also going to tell me that the angels posses the fullness of the deity?

my bible say Jesus is the only begotten and it also lets me know in the book of hebrew chapter 1 that no angel was begetten. All the angels were CREATED by God thru his only begotten son Jesus christ.
Ijawkid have u started to make ur own bible? the bible clearly shows us that d angels arent begotten. Give me scripture that support u, where do u base ur error?
hope u didnt close ur eyes becos 2 post ago in my 2nd sentence, i answered that question.

Ofcus Christ is less than his Father...

Abi u no know??

Hundreds of scriptures show that.....

If we are less than Jesus then Jesus is less than Yahweh.....

Hope u get it??

Your trying to make equal with his Father can't work because the bible doesn't support it.......

And u are not equal to your parents in age...are u??

They existed b4 u did....did u exist b4 ur parents??

Answer....

Your parents are ahead of u and greater than you in life........

Yahweh begot Jesus and so Jesus in no way is equal to his begetter......

No way......

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by ijawkid(m): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2012
@ubenidictus....

Are the rest angels equals with Jesus??

Start answering.......
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 3:53pm On Oct 01, 2012
ijawkid: @ubenidictus....

Are the rest angels equals with Jesus??

Start answering.......

no, the angel never and donot posses the "fullness of the deity".
Re: The Truth About The Holy Trinity. by Ubenedictus(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Ofcus Christ is less than his Father...

Abi u no know??

Hundreds of scriptures show that.....

If we are less than Jesus then Jesus is less than Yahweh.....

Hope u get it??

Your trying to make equal with his Father can't work because the bible doesn't support it.......
hahaha phil 2:6

And u are not equal to your parents in age...are u??
yet Jesus is equal to the father in time, they both existed before time was created and will exist forever. Infact time was created thru christ.

They existed b4 u did....did u exist b4 ur parents??
that cant be said of Jesus because there is No BEFORE in eternity.

Your parents are ahead of u and greater than you in life........
aha and yet im equal to them in dignity

Yahweh begot Jesus and so Jesus in no way is equal to his begetter......
sorry friend he is equal in dignity.

No way......

u forgot to shown me where u got the idea that the angel were begotten, please do so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch Breath Taking Video Of Multimillion $$ Facility Dedicated By Bish Oyedepoo / Who Created Water? / Your Victory Is Sure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.