Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} (3564 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Do You Believe In The Holy Trinity ? / How Best Can You Describe The Holy Trinity/Godhead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2013
The Holy Trinity is part of Many Sects of Christian doctrine..The belief is that God is of three Parts: God The Father,God The Son and God The Holy Spirit..
The Key element of this belief is that God is at once a single God,but also that each aspect of Him is individual..
Each part has its own will and personality,but each is also a part of the other..
However,not all christians believe in Trinity.E.g,The Mormons,The Jehovah's Witnesses..Muslims too dont believe in it,but believe Jesus is a great Prophet..
In Eastern Orthodox Churches,The debate about the Holy Trinity is ongoing,with some questioning whether the idea was taken from Pantheistic religions in order to make Christianity Palatable,or whether it is the most accurate depiction of God..The Resolution of this discussion might result in unification of the churches most similar to Roman Catholic Churches,but with Several hundred of Years of Discussion this topic,this has yet to occur..
On the topic,here are the little things to help the Willing mind understand The Holy Trinity Doctrine:
1}You have to Believe,understand and come to terms with the Fact that God Exists.Gen1:1 "In the beginning,God created the Heavens and the Earth..
2}You have to also realise that you cannot fully understand the Mystery of God,nor His ways..Understanding it 100% makes you God,which you cannot be... [b]1Cor1:25 "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men,and the weakness of God is stronger than men"
3}You have to look at the World around You..God has made His three in one nature known throughout creation,so we can Understand Him..
St.Patrick used three leave Clover when he Evangelized Ireland to buttress this:three leaves,but one clover...
The universe has three parts:Time,Space and matter,but one universe..
Time has three Parts:The past,present and Future..
Matter{the atom}:each atom is made of protons,neutrons and electrons,but one Atom..
Fruit has three parts:the seed,the fruit and skin..
Earth has three parts:The core,Mantel and Crust..
Our environment has three parts:Land,sea and air,but one environment..
Plants has three parts:the roots,stem and leaves..
Humans has three core essentials:Blood,air and Water..
Human body has three parts:The Head{From the Neck Upwards},the Torso{from the Shoulders to the Pelvis} and the legs{from the pelvic girdle downwards}...
I like this a lot because it helps you understand how each is separate with its own function,but are inseparable in Purpose.........Just some thoughts...
4}You have to understand that the Bible,is written in Three parts:
The Old Testament was{is} all about God The Father..But towards its end,God the Son{as manifested in Jesus Christ} is introduced to the World..
The First Four books of the New Testament dealt with The life and Ministry of Jesus{God The Son},and When He was about leaving the World,He Promised to Send us the Holy Spirit,which He did..Jesus,being God the Son,made The World Worthy of The Holy Spirit..And so while he left,He gave us His Spirit{Being in one with the Father,John10:30},to continue From Where He left..And so,the World was made worthy of The Spirit of God,and it dwelt among men,and guided and counselled,and convicting men of righteousness and Wickedness in His own Right...
Therefore,the Remaining books of the New Testament is all about The Holy Spirit,and His Works with the Disciples.......Three Phases..
5}This is finally the perfect example as to how the Trinitarian christians like me believe God has revealed Himself to Mankind:
Take a look at H20=Water..Put a pan of Water on the stove and heat it..The liquid turns to steam{gaseous state}..Capture the steam and it becomes liquid again when cooled{liquid state}..Freeze the same water in the liquid form,and it turns to ice{solid state}..Keep it again,and it turns to liquid again..
But each form is still H20{water},and every Form has a different use;But still,its all H2O
When you take this explanation and weigh with most of Jesus' assertion,you will now understand a bit of the picture being painted here..
For instance,John10:30 "I and The Father are One" ..When you subject this statement to the water example above,you will understand Perfectly What Jesus is talking about..
Also,in John10:38 "But if i do,though you do not believe in me,believe the Works,that You may Know and believe that the Father is in Me,and i in Him"...Ask yourself why Jesus kept on saying the same thing over and over again? A Look at the H20 example will also help you understand this more...It is also good you know that Jesus was attacked,even with stones by Jews for making such statements;same way we are attacked today for saying same..
..On many other occassions,Jesus will make such statements as "If You have Seen Me,You have Seen The Father","Noone goes to the Father except through me".Its been all there,but some people have refused to look deep..
TBC
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
Cont'd:
There are many occassions in the Bible where Jesus also claimed,and was also attacked..For example,in Mathew9:2 "Some men brought to Him a paralysed man,lying on a mat.When Jesus saw their faith,he said to the man,' take heart son,Your sins are forgiven"...When you read from verse3 upwards,you will see that the Jews accused him of blasphemy,of Claiming to be God...According to them, only God can forgive sins...Yet they were with God,who forgave His Child's sin,and they were too stiff-necked{as Obadiah777 will say} to realise this..Thats why they ended up killing him...
In Exodus3:14 "God said to Moses 'I AM WHO I AM'.And he said,'say this to the people of Israel,I AM has sent me to you"...
Jesus also referred to Himself as "I AM" in John8:58 when He said: "Jesus said to them,'Most assuredly,i say to you,before Abraham was,I AM...Even if you do not believe in any other claim by Jesus,what do you say to this?
In Genesis1:26,God says: "Let Us make Man in Our image,after Our likeness....Emphasis on the bolded words....Now who were God referring to in that Passage? Was it His angels?
In Isaiah9:6 "For to us a child is born,to us a Child is given;and the government will be upon his shoulder,and his name will be called:'WONDERFUL COUNSELLOR, MIGHTY GOD,EVERLASTING FATHER,PRINCE OF PEACE"....Its a pity that Many People who dont believe in Christ being God has twisted this bible passages to mean different things,but dont be dismayed,Jesus is God...He said it Himself..Moses said it of Him Gen1:1 "In the Beginning,God created the Heavens and the Earth" ===>John1:3 "All were made through Him,and without Him nothing was made that Was Made" ...
Like i would always say,the mystery of The Holy Trinity is not some puzzle to be solved with human logic,but the above Explanations are to help you get a glimpse of What the Holy Trinity is about...
As Jesus was leaving the World,he charged them{apostles} to propagate the trinity when he told them to Mathew28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,baptizing them in the name Of The Father,and of The Son,and Of The Holy Spirit"....Recognising The Three Persons of God!
I charge you today to do same too,making the unbelievers believe......
Good reading

1 Like

Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by Ubenedictus(m): 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
the orthodox christian are not arguing whether or not the trinity is pagan. That ia untrue. The main arguement on the trinity you'll find in orthodoxy is the'filioque'
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ubenedictus: the orthodox christian are arguing whether or not the trinity is pagan. That ia untrue. The main arguement on the trinity you'll find in orthodoxy is the'filioque'
You probably misread what i wrote or maybe,we are not talking about the same thing...
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ubl6: 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
It is true that we cannot really understand the nature of God. But this is why we should be careful what we attribute to the Almighty. We should only believe in and practice what he taught us in the scriptures. God did say several times in the Bible that he is one and there is none else. Could he have said it any better? Why did God had to wait for people to hold ‘councils’ and decide what his ‘true’ nature was centuries after his sent agent had left? If God has simply told people that he is a ‘3 in 1’ God all your water and ice examples would not have been necessary. None of the verses you quoted proves the father, the son and the spirit are ‘co-equal, co-eternal and of the same substance.’ in my next post I'll reply to each one of them.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ubl6: 6:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
philfearon:
You have to look at the World around You..God has made His three in one nature known throughout creation,so we can Understand Him..
Actually most of the things God created in nature are in pairs. Why then don't you say God is 2 in 1 but 3 in 1?
philfearon:
The universe has three parts:Time,Space and matter,
are they the same? Can you substitute time with space or matter?
philfearon:
Can these 3 co-exist at the same time? Can we be in the past, present, and future all at once? Only one of these can exist at a time, therefore time is unlike the trinity.
philfearon:
Matter{the atom}:each atom is made of protons,neutrons and electrons,
Human body has three parts:The Head{From the Neck Upwards},the Torso{from the Shoulders to the Pelvis} and the legs{from the pelvic girdle downwards}...
None of the above proves trinity! Are they all one in the sense you can substitute one with another? Is water the same with blood or air in the same way christians claim of trinity? None of the examples you gave are co-equal, co-eternal, uncreated and of the same substance.
philfearon:
This is finally the perfect example as to how the Trinitarian christians like me believe God has revealed Himself to Mankind:
Take a look at H20=Water..Put a pan of Water on the stove and heat it..The liquid turns to steam{gaseous state}..Capture the steam and it becomes liquid again when cooled{liquid state}..Freeze the same water in the liquid form,and it turns to ice{solid state}..Keep it again,and it turns to liquid again..
But each form is still H20{water},and every Form has a different use;But still,its all H2O
Here on your own admission, the three forms of water cannot co-exist at the same time. You only convert one form to another by raising or lowering temperature. But this does not fit the trinity since it is said that all the 3 distinct ‘persons’ in the Godhead ‘co-exist’ at the same time.
philfearon:
John10:30 "I and The Father are One"
Also,John10:38 "But if i do,though you do not believe in me,believe the Works,that You may Know and believe that the Father is in Me,and i in Him"
If the above verses mean Jesus is God then John 17:20-22 could also mean his disciples are God(s): “That they may be ONE as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they may also be ONE in us...”
“I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in ONE...”
philfearon:
"If You have Seen Me,You have Seen The Father"
Yes, because he was sent by the father. But it doesnt mean he is the father. “No man hath seen God at any time” John 1:18
“(God) whom no man hath seen, nor can see.” Timothy 6:16

1 Like

Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
ubl6:

I dont know,are you through With explaining my quotes?
Am still waiting for you to come and give the final explanations on the unquoted Sentences and Verses in the number5 downwards...You seem to have forgotten to talk on those...........just a reminder though,b4 i reply!
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ubl6: 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
philfearon:
Mathew9:2 "Some men brought to Him a paralysed man,lying on a mat.When Jesus saw their faith,he said to the man,' take heart son,Your sins are forgiven"
. . .All power is GIVEN unto me in heaven and in earth. Matthew 28:18
I can on mine OWN SELF do nothing . . .John5:30
this means that he could not do anything (including forgiving sins of course) except if the Father give him the power to do so. So its possible God gave him the power to forgive sins. If you say only God can forgive sins, but Jesus also gave his disciples the power to forgive sins as par the Bible. So are they also God(s)?
To be continued..
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by macof(m): 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
philfearon: The Holy Trinity is part of Many Sects of Christian doctrine..The belief is that God is of three Parts: God The Father,God The Son and God The Holy Spirit..
The Key element of this belief is that God is at once a single God,but also that each aspect of Him is individual..
Each part has its own will and personality,but each is also a part of the other..
However,not all christians believe in Trinity.E.g,The Mormons,The Jehovah's Witnesses..Muslims too dont believe in it,but believe Jesus is a great Prophet..
In Eastern Orthodox Churches,The debate about the Holy Trinity is ongoing,with some questioning whether the idea was taken from Pantheistic religions in order to make Christianity Palatable,or whether it is the most accurate depiction of God..The Resolution of this discussion might result in unification of the churches most similar to Roman Catholic Churches,but with Several hundred of Years of Discussion this topic,this has yet to occur..
On the topic,here are the little things to help the Willing mind understand The Holy Trinity Doctrine:
1}You have to Believe,understand and come to terms with the Fact that God Exists.Gen1:1 "In the beginning,God created the Heavens and the Earth..
2}You have to also realise that you cannot fully understand the Mystery of God,nor His ways..Understanding it 100% makes you God,which you cannot be... [b]1Cor1:25 "Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men,and the weakness of God is stronger than men"
3}You have to look at the World around You..God has made His three in one nature known throughout creation,so we can Understand Him..
St.Patrick used three leave Clover when he Evangelized Ireland to buttress this:three leaves,but one clover...
The universe has three parts:Time,Space and matter,but one universe..
Matter{the atom}:each atom is made of protons,neutrons and electrons,but one Atom..
I like this a lot because it helps you understand how each is separate with its own function,but are inseparable in Purpose.........Just some thoughts...
4}You have to understand that the Bible,is written in Three parts:
The Old Testament was{is} all about God The Father..But towards its end,God the Son{as manifested in Jesus Christ} is introduced to the World..
The First Four books of the New Testament dealt with The life and Ministry of Jesus{God The Son},and When He was about leaving the World,He Promised to Send us the Holy Spirit,which He did..Jesus,being God the Son,made The World Worthy of The Holy Spirit..And so while he left,He gave us His Spirit{Being in one with the Father,John10:30},to continue From Where He left..And so,the World was made worthy of The Spirit of God,and it dwelt among men,and guided and counselled,and convicting men of righteousness and Wickedness in His own Right...
Therefore,the Remaining books of the New Testament is all about The Holy Spirit,and His Works with the Disciples.......Three Phases..
5}This is finally the perfect example as to how the Trinitarian christians like me believe God has revealed Himself to Mankind:
When you take this explanation and weigh with most of Jesus' assertion,you will now understand a bit of the picture being painted here..
For instance,John10:30 "I and The Father are One" ..When you subject this statement to the water example above,you will understand Perfectly What Jesus is talking about..
Also,in John10:38 "But if i do,though you do not believe in me,believe the Works,that You may Know and believe that the Father is in Me,and i in Him"...Ask yourself why Jesus kept on saying the same thing over and over again? A Look at the H20 example will also help you understand this more...It is also good you know that Jesus was attacked,even with stones by Jews for making such statements;same way we are attacked today for saying same..
..On many other occassions,Jesus will make such statements as "If You have Seen Me,You have Seen The Father","Noone goes to the Father except through me".Its been all there,but some people have refused to look deep..
TBC
u need to free your mind from the usual Christian doctrine and look into yourself. There's God in u, and u are in God but does that mean you are God? No.

Jesus is not God, he is just a son
I am also just a son
You are also just a son

Pls for the sake of Wisdom and common sense, stop referring to Jesus as God
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 11:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
macof: u need to free your mind from the usual Christian doctrine and look into yourself. There's God in u, and u are in God but does that mean you are God? No.

Jesus is not God, he is just a son
I am also just a son
You are also just a son

Pls for the sake of Wisdom and common sense, stop referring to Jesus as God
I realised That You and the other guy excluded the Same Thing while You quoted me...Smh! You excluded those quotes cuz You couldnt stand them,and you dont want to believe them....I guess they are not part of Your Bible verses right?
Seems like you didnt read my Post you quoted..I expected you to counter Jesus' claim,plus that of Isaiah,yet u didnt.....You need to free your mind...Like i said in my article,The teaching is for the Willing Mind,not for the Teachers of the Law like you!...
Stop a one-sided and haphazard reading of the Bible...
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ubl6: 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2013
philfearon:
InExodus3:14 "God said to Moses 'I AM WHO I AM'.And he said,'say this to the people of Israel,I AM has sent me to you"...
Jesus also referred to Himself as "I AM" in John8:58 when He said:"Jesus said to them,'Most assuredly,i say to you,before Abraham was,I AM
Jesus also said; "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. (John 8:24, K.J.V.). But none of these mean Jesus was claiming to God. Even if Jesus alluded to the Father's name when he said "I AM" does that make him the Father? It still doesnt make him the father. because that will atleast contradict the same trinity doctrine you are defending. Remember in trinity, the father is not the son, the son is not the holy spirit and the holy spirit is not the father etc,
Again Jesus said; "...I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things." (John 8:28). God of Moses that claimed "I AM THAT I AM" had no instructor or tutor, and, needed no tutoring. If God had an instructor or an educator, then what would you call that entity? God's mentor or boss??
If you understood Jesus' statement above as that he existed before Abraham therefore he is God. This is wrong. it is still not a proof that Jesus is God, because Angels have existed even before Adam but they are still not God(s). When Jews were doubtful about the identity of a particular blind beggar who had been healed by Jesus, the blind beggar - who was no more blind, kept saying; "I am he" (John 9:9, K.J.V.). Does that make the blind beggar, God? Further more, the beggar when questioned about Jesus who had healed him, replied to Jews; "And he said, "He is a prophet." (John 9:17). So you see, the Jews were waiting for a messiah (who is a prophet) not God Almighty himself.
^^^
@OP, Pls bear with me sir, i didn't run away o. I'm using phone, yesterday i had problem with the ba3. But i will complete everything today. Pls wait 4 me 2 finish b4 u reply.tnx
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by macof(m): 3:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
philfearon:
I realised That You and the other guy excluded the Same Thing while You quoted me...Smh! You excluded those quotes cuz You couldnt stand them,and you dont want to believe them....I guess they are not part of Your Bible verses right?
Seems like you didnt read my Post you quoted..I expected you to counter Jesus' claim,plus that of Isaiah,yet u didnt.....You need to free your mind...Like i said in my article,The teaching is for the Willing Mind,not for the Teachers of the Law like you!...
Stop a one-sided and haphazard reading of the Bible...
What I posted is the general knowledge I have gathered from various religions, not Christianity alone. So there's no case of one-sided reading of the Bible
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
@ubl6,no p...am waiting.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 3:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
macof: What I posted is the general knowledge I have gathered from various religions, not Christianity alone. So there's no case of one-sided reading of the Bible
what other Religions?
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by macof(m): 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
philfearon:
what other Religions?
Buddhism, Hinduism, and Ifa orisha
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ubl6: 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2013
philfearon:
In Genesis1:26,God says: "Let Us make Man in Ourimage, after Our likeness....Emphasis on the bolded words....Now who were God referring to in that Passage? Was it His angels?
Below is an extract from a commentary for the above verse, written by the editors of King James Version (The Hebrew-Greek Key Study Bible, 6th edition):
—————————
"The Hebrew word for God is `Elohim' (430), a plural noun. In Genesis 1:1, it is used in grammatical agreement with a singular verb `bara' (1254), created. When plural pronouns are used, "Let us make man in our image after our likeness," does it denote a plural of number or the concept of excellence or majesty which may be indicated in such a way in Hebrew? Could God be speaking to angels, the earth, or nature thus denoting Himself in relation to one of these? Or is this a germinal hint of a distinction in the divine personality? One cannot be certain."
—————————
Having written "One cannot be certain", the editors try to advocate the theory of Jesus, as the "essential (internal) unity of Godhead."
The response to your question, as well as, to the commentators remark; "One cannot be certain", lies not very far, but in the next verse (Genesis 1:27), which reads; "And God created man in His own image,..." This statement tells us that the actual act of creation when performed, was performed by "Him" and in "His" image and not by "Us" in "Our" image. The plural pronouns used are pronouns of majesty not of number. This is common in semetic languages (like Hebrew, Arabic etc). If you have read the Quran before you will see that in many places God used “We” to refer to himself. Though he also used singular pronouns in other verses. You see, the problem with most Trinitarian christians is that, they used to conveniently ignore all other relevant EXPLICIT verses in the Bible which does not support their innovation and look for some imaginary ones. Let me give you another EXPLICIT verse in which Jesus himself refer to the Creator with a singular pronoun! Why did you ignore it? "And he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, `Have you not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female." (Matthew 19:4).
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
macof:
Buddhism, Hinduism, and Ifa orisha
And so How is their views the concern of Christianity?
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
@ubl6,are u through?
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ubl6: 7:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
philfearon:
InIsaiah9:6 "For to us a child is born,to us a Child is given;and the government will be upon his shoulder,and his name will be called:'WONDERFUL COUNSELLOR, MIGHTY GOD,EVERLASTING FATHER,PRINCE OF PEACE"
There is nothing wrong with ‘wonderful counselor’, ‘prince of peace’. But “everlasting father”, “mighty God” in the Divine sense? No!
First, note that, in the Bible, the term "everlasting" or "forever" is often used as a figurative term and does not necessarily mean in its literal sense, e.g., It says; "and David My servant shall be their prince forever." Ezekiel 37:25.
The same goes for the use of the term "Father". It does not necessarily mean; "the Heavenly Father" (God), or the biological.
Joseph is called a father to Pharaoh. Genesis 45:8, Abraham is called the father of a multitude of nations. Gen. 17:5, and Job is called the father of the needy. Job 29:16. Again by theologians alluding to Psalms 110;
Jesus is called a Priest or a Father of the priesthood, forever.
Now, how about the phrase; “mighty God”?, let me clear that issue in advance. “mighty God” or "Almighty God" (in some versions) is a deliberate mistranslation of the Hebrew phrase "El-Gibbor" used by Isaiah. The Hebrew phrase for "God Almighty" is "El-Shadday". In the famous Hebrew and Chaldee Dictionary by James Strong the word "gibbowr" or short "gibbor" (1368), is translated as; warrior, tyrant:-champion, chief, giant, man, mighty (man, one), strong (man), valiant man. The word "shadday" (7706), is translated as, the Almighty. If one was to read the verses preceeding the quoted Isaiah 9:6, the on going subject there is; "at the battle of Midian", and "the booted warrior in the battle tumult"
Notwithstanding the mistranslation. If it is accepted that the prophesy was saying that Jesus would be “Almighty God,” then that would contradict many explicit statements in the Bible including those made by Jesus himself like:
“And this is eternal life, that they may know You (i.e Father), the ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” John17:3
Jesus would not allow anyone to even call him “good” let alone “God”
Now behold, one came and said to him, ‘Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?’ so he (Jesus) said to him, ‘why do you call me good?’ ‘No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments’ Matthew19:16-17
Jesus also said: “The first of all the commandmets is: “Hear O Israel, the LORD OUR God, the LORD is one” Mark 12:29. He also said: “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren and say to them”, “I am ascending to MY Father and your Father, and to MY God and your God” John20:17. Notice how Jesus used “OUR GOD” and “MY GOD” in the last to verses. In my next post I will respond to the last verse you posted (i.e Matthew 28:29.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
@ubl6,You through yet?
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ubl6: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
philfearon:
As Jesus was leaving the World,he charged them{apostles} to propagate the trinity when he told them toMathew28:19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,baptizing them in the name Of The Father,and of The Son,and Of The Holy Spirit"....Recognising The Three Persons of God!
I charge you today to do same too,making the unbelievers believe......
Good reading
Sir, i also disagree with you here in view of the following evidences:-
*.1. `Peake's Commentary on the Bible' published since 1919, is universally welcomed and considered to be a standard reference book for the students of the Bible. Commenting on the above verse it records; "This mission is described in the language of the church and most commentators doubt that the trinitarian formula was original at this point in Mt.'s Gospel, since the NT elsewhere does not know of such a formula and describes baptism as being performed in the name of the Lord Jesus (e.g. Ac. 2:38, 8:16, etc.)."
*.2. Tom Harpur, author of several bestsellers and a former professor of New Testament, writes in his book `For Christ's Sake'; "All but the most conservative of scholars agree that at least the latter part of this command was inserted later. The formula occurs nowhere else in the New Testament, and we know from the only evidence available (the rest of the New Testament) that the earliest Church did not baptise people using these words - baptism was "into" or "in" the name of Jesus alone."
*.3. "And Peter said to them, `Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins;...'" (Acts 2:38). It is most unlikely that apostle Peter would have disobeyed the specific command of Jesus Christ for baptising in the three names and baptized them in the name of Jesus Christ, alone.
*.4. The above command (authentic or otherwise) does not indicate that the three names mentioned in the formula are or were, "co-equal" in their status, as well as, were "co-eternal" in the time frame, to conform with the acknowledged `Doctrine of Trinity'.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ubl6: 8:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
I'm through now.
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
ubl6: I'm through now.
Alrite...i feel too drowsy rite now...God willing,i will reply you tomorrow,bear with me..tnx
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by macof(m): 9:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
philfearon:
And so How is their views the concern of Christianity?
their views are more reasonable than christianity, I recommend u learn about them
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
ubl6:
Sir, i also disagree with you here in view of the following evidences:-
*.1. `Peake's Commentary on the Bible' published since 1919, is universally welcomed and considered to be a standard reference book for the students of the Bible. Commenting on the above verse it records; "This mission is described in the language of the church and most commentators doubt that the trinitarian formula was original at this point in Mt.'s Gospel, since the NT elsewhere does not know of such a formula and describes baptism as being performed in the name of the Lord Jesus (e.g. Ac. 2:38, 8:16, etc.)."
*.2. Tom Harpur, author of several bestsellers and a former professor of New Testament, writes in his book `For Christ's Sake'; "All but the most conservative of scholars agree that at least the latter part of this command was inserted later. The formula occurs nowhere else in the New Testament, and we know from the only evidence available (the rest of the New Testament) that the earliest Church did not baptise people using these words - baptism was "into" or "in" the name of Jesus alone."
*.3. "And Peter said to them, `Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins;...'" (Acts 2:38). It is most unlikely that apostle Peter would have disobeyed the specific command of Jesus Christ for baptising in the three names and baptized them in the name of Jesus Christ, alone.
*.4. The above command (authentic or otherwise) does not indicate that the three names mentioned in the formula are or were, "co-equal" in their status, as well as, were "co-eternal" in the time frame, to conform with the acknowledged `Doctrine of Trinity'.
Bro,i now understand your view,and problem too...
You will alwaz be quick to believe what Every Tom and Dick said,but What the Bible said,you will never believe.....
Its awful you say That Bible passage was inserted in the later years!! If u believe it was inserted,you should as well discard other Parts of the Bible too...
Bro,you can go ahead and believe whatever they tell u to Believe,thats your business...If you actually read my Posts you quoted,you wouldnt have been saying anything contrary...Just that as usual,you are here to proclaim your belief rather than open up your mind,thats why you argue......
Mathew28:19 is a very simple passage to comprehend.....Even a kid will understand that passage....For you to have told me that that Passage was attached,hmmmmmm,i dont think i can answer u again....
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 1:59pm On Oct 09, 2013
macof: their views are more reasonable than christianity, I recommend u learn about them
Alrite,am a novice here....Tell me one of this views?
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ubl6: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
Is that the best you can offer Why did you jump all my previous answers
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by ubl6: 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
philfearon:
Mathew28:19is a very simple passage to comprehend.....Even a kid will understand that passage....For you to have told me that that Passage was attached,hmmmmmm,i dont think i can answer u again
Why won't you answer me? Those were not my words! I only quoted learned Biblical scholars. But even if you don't agree with them, I told you Mathew28:19 still does not at all indicate that the three names mentioned in the formula are or were, "co-equal" in their status, as well as, were "co-eternal" in the time frame, and "un-created" to conform with your acknowledged `Doctrine of Trinity'. Where are your replies to all my previous responses?? Is it that you agree all your claims were refuted only Mat28:19 you are not ok with? Are you quitting our educative discourse because i quoted Bible Scholars saying a verse was added to your Bible? So you think the Bible has never been tempered with since it was first written, right? Is ok. Now tell me if you agree that i have refuted all your trinitarian claims, then we can begin to talk about the Bible itself. Pls don't run away o. Perhaps you may ‘clinch a convert for Christ.’ lol
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 5:31am On Oct 10, 2013
ubl6:
Why won't you answer me? Those were not my words! I only quoted learned Biblical scholars. But even if you don't agree with them, I told you Mathew28:19 still does not at all indicate that the three names mentioned in the formula are or were, "co-equal" in their status, as well as, were "co-eternal" in the time frame, and "un-created" to conform with your acknowledged `Doctrine of Trinity'. Where are your replies to all my previous responses?? Is it that you agree all your claims were refuted only Mat28:19 you are not ok with? Are you quitting our educative discourse because i quoted Bible Scholars saying a verse was added to your Bible? So you think the Bible has never been tempered with since it was first written, right? Is ok. Now tell me if you agree that i have refuted all your trinitarian claims, then we can begin to talk about the Bible itself. Pls don't run away o. Perhaps you may ‘clinch a convert for Christ.’ lol
You are quite funny!
And No, i didnt run away..
Just that i hate it when People instead of explaining or saying what is in the Bible,they will tel me Dick said B,Jack said T,Harry said Z....it totaly disorients me!!
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 6:02am On Oct 10, 2013
ubl6:
There is nothing wrong with ‘wonderful counselor’, ‘prince of peace’. But “everlasting father”, “mighty God” in the Divine sense? No!

Why no? So you are now more knowledgeable than Isaiah that called him that right? Or maybe Isaiah was probably drunk and literary mis-stated it? Bro,the whole translations i checked with said same thing...

First, note that, in the Bible, the term "everlasting" or "forever" is often used as a figurative term and does not necessarily mean in its literal sense, e.g., It says; "and David My servant shall be their prince forever." Ezekiel 37:25.
The same goes for the use of the term "Father". It does not necessarily mean; "the Heavenly Father" (God), or the biological.

does it now mean Earthly father ?

Now, how about the phrase; “mighty God”?, let me clear that issue in advance. “mighty God” or "Almighty God" (in some versions) is a deliberate mistranslation of the Hebrew phrase "El-Gibbor" used by Isaiah.
Deliberate Mistranslation right?And you are the write translator,Mr Hebrew?
You also said Math28:19 is inserted too in the later days! Abi?......Okay.

Notwithstanding the mistranslation. If it is accepted that the prophesy was saying that Jesus would be “Almighty God,” then that would contradict many explicit statements in the Bible including those made by Jesus himself like:
“And this is eternal life, that they may know You (i.e Father), the ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.” John17:3
Bro,it doesnt contradict anything,you are the one making it appear so....Like i said earlier,Jesus is God the Son,and if you start understanding it from that perspective,it will aid you a lot....Jesus never claimed He is God the Father,YHWH...He proceeds from the father,just like The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Great love between Him and The Father...
Ask yourself,Jesus is always called "the only begotten son",{John3:16}{John1:18}{John1:34},and many other verses..Now, who bore Jesus in Heaven? Does God has a wife? How was He{Jesus} concieved in Heaven?
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 6:16am On Oct 10, 2013
ubl6:
Below is an extract from a commentary for the above verse, written by the editors of King James Version (The Hebrew-Greek Key Study Bible, 6th edition):
—————————
"The Hebrew word for God is `Elohim' (430), a plural noun. In Genesis 1:1, it is used in grammatical agreement with a singular verb `bara' (1254), created. When plural pronouns are used, "Let us make man in our image after our likeness," does it denote a plural of number or the concept of excellence or majesty which may be indicated in such a way in Hebrew? Could God be speaking to angels, the earth, or nature thus denoting Himself in relation to one of these? Or is this a germinal hint of a distinction in the divine personality? One cannot be certain."
—————————
Having written "One cannot be certain", the editors try to advocate the theory of Jesus, as the "essential (internal) unity of Godhead."
The response to your question, as well as, to the commentators remark; "One cannot be certain", lies not very far, but in the next verse (Genesis 1:27), which reads; "And God created man in His own image,..." This statement tells us that the actual act of creation when performed, was performed by "Him" and in "His" image and not by "Us" in "Our" image. The plural pronouns used are pronouns of majesty not of number. This is common in semetic languages (like Hebrew, Arabic etc). If you have read the Quran before you will see that in many places God used “We” to refer to himself. Though he also used singular pronouns in other verses. You see, the problem with most Trinitarian christians is that, they used to conveniently ignore all other relevant EXPLICIT verses in the Bible which does not support their innovation and look for some imaginary ones. Let me give you another EXPLICIT verse in which Jesus himself refer to the Creator with a singular pronoun! Why did you ignore it? "And he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, `Have you not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female." (Matthew 19:4).
Bro,that Verse "Let Us Make Man in Our own Image" is really easy to understand....
Since u believe God was not referring to Angels in that verse,then i dont know what else you are saying....
I,Me==>Singular
Us==>Plural..
My==>Singular
Our==>Plural..
God could have said "Let Me Make Man in My Own image",yet He opted to Say "Let Us make Man in Our Own image"....
Unless you will tel me that the passage is mistranslated too or that God is confused about His personality!!
2ndly,when you read That Water{H20} example i gave above and u apply it to this passage too,it wil make u understand it more...
Re: Little Teachings on The Holy Trinity{A must Read For all Christians} by philfearon(m): 6:25am On Oct 10, 2013
ubl6: It is true that we cannot really understand the nature of God. But this is why we should be careful what we attribute to the Almighty. We should only believe in and practice what he taught us in the scriptures. God did say several times in the Bible that he is one and there is none else. Could he have said it any better? Why did God had to wait for people to hold ‘councils’ and decide what his ‘true’ nature was centuries after his sent agent had left? If God has simply told people that he is a ‘3 in 1’ God all your water and ice examples would not have been necessary. None of the verses you quoted proves the father, the son and the spirit are ‘co-equal, co-eternal and of the same substance.’ in my next post I'll reply to each one of them.
Oh yeah,they are "co-equal and co-eternal and of the same Substance",and thats why the Bible was written in Three phases,Introducing Them in Each phase.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Santa Claus Was A Catholic Bishop Who Owned A Slave Named Black Pete / The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money / Why I Am Agnostic -- Robert Green Ingersoll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.