Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,416 members, 7,958,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? (18718 Views)

BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / Unemployment Rate In Nigeria Hits 23.9% - NBS / Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Dipwater(m): 11:25am On Oct 01, 2012
Slyp:

same it was to me wen I was in my final year. But today God is making ways for me, it is only grace of God that can see a Nigeria youth through life just keep looking up to God and continue to make any personal effort you can GOD IS wit u

In evri 50 graduate in naija 49 are looking up to god .who do u think god will answer

Shaking my head for religious pipu
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by monosetale: 11:26am On Oct 01, 2012
ACM10:

This is the problem with some of our graduates. They say that pride comes before a fall. Some of them are so lost in their superiority complex that they can't bend down to do menial jobs. But I'm amazed that the same folk will readily accept worse jobs when he eventually travels to Europe. I may excuse them on financial ground.
Some of them that mellowed themselves down to do those "undignified" jobs are smiling to the bank. My friend repairs phone when we were in the university. He used the money accrued from his business to train himself and his brother. He never took one naira from his parents during his stay in the university. He continued with the job during and after NYSC. His uncle secured a job for him at First Bank immediately after service with a starting salary of N80,000, but he turned down the job because he makes an excess of N180,000/month from his craft. He is presently doing well.
My other friend is a skilled barber. He packaged himself so well that customers don't bat an eyelid when he tells them to pay N400 for his service. He makes atleast N6000 per day from his job.
Nigerians should learn to use their brain and think of what they can do. They should not always wait on the government to provide job from them. They should explore their God given talents. They should be enterprising. I applaud some Igbos for excelling in this area. Nigerians should copy from them. Government job is to create an enabling environment for jobs creation. Government don't provide jobs.
Sorry I had to quote this piece, you said Iτ̅ all my broda, for those of you on this forum unemployed I urge you do something even though U̶̲̥̅̊ don't wear suits and tie every ♍☺я̲♌ϊ♌g you might be surprised Ђơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ω well Iτ̅ could pay and enjoyable. Happy independence Ɣ'all. One love
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Dsage1: 11:44am On Oct 01, 2012
ACM10:

You see the problem with the mentality of Nigerians. Most of the rich people I know started from a humble beginning. My uncle did an apprentice job as a roadside mechanic for 6yrs. He later studied Mechanical Engineering in IMT, Enugu. He is still a "mechanic" to this day. Rich and fulfilled in his job. No rich man has pride mentality. Only politicians, musicians, and Nollywood actors and actresses have pride mentality. Ofcourse, their wealth is never sustained. Most live above their means and goes broke when event takes a bad course. Pls change your mentality.

See bros, it's quite easier for an illiterate mechanic or bricklayer to further his education than telling a whole graduate after spending several years in school to start learning mechanic/bricklaying. It's not that easy, going to school is move difficult and stressful than learning a work.

I think our educational system/government should be blamed and not graduates.

NOTE; I didn't says vocational skills are bad because I myself had two, learned one before my university education and other while waiting for my NYSC call up letter back then. But the idea of telling graduates to learn mechanic is not easy to accept if you're in their shoes.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Dipwater(m): 11:45am On Oct 01, 2012
ACM10:

Most of the rich people I know started from a humble beginning. No rich man has pride mentality. Only politicians, musicians, and Nollywood actors and actresses have pride mentality. Ofcourse, their wealth is never sustained. Most live above their means and goes broke when event takes a bad course.

Abeg leave that ur uncle stori sef.

But u made a good here ^
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by bayulll01(m): 11:54am On Oct 01, 2012
mikuz:
The topic says unemployment rate and not underemployment rate.
There is a difference between unemployment and underemployment. A skilled worker who ends up with the job of a unskilled worker cannot be said to be unemployed. A graduate of mass communications who now works as a cab driver is underemployed.
and who's foult is that,so wat can u say abt dangote drivers i pity the way some pple reason sha!!tel ur pathetic goverment to wake to the masses plea
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by bayulll01(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
D sage:

See bros, it's quite easier for an illiterate mechanic or bricklayer to further his education than telling a whole graduate after spending several years in school to start learning mechanic/bricklaying. It's not that easy, going to school is move difficult and stressful than learning a work.

NOTE; I didn't says vocational skills are bad because I myself had two, learned one before my university education and other while waiting for my NYSC call up letter back then. But the idea of telling graduates to learn mechanic is not easy to accept if you're in their shoes.
now you are taking i wonder some slowpooke wil come here saying shiit,go learn work,go learn bricklayer as ift it easy,a graduate in engineering wil go and learn trade abi,afta all the sleepless night and hardwork,ur goverment don change una tinking in this country nawa o
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Jisunpack: 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2012
What are you talking about? look let me be open and sincere to you. I left a "high" paying oil job in PH to start a farm. This idea came to me when I met a friend that was making times four of my pay in a month.

I got to know about the farm when I visited him during one of my vacations and was dazed with the money he was making, instantly that ugly mask called pride was shredded into pieces and I set my resignation date that very moment. it was like a revelations from God on my way to Damascus.

fast forward. . .I use part of the proceeds from the farm and set up a company which I automatically assumed the CEO and I can confidently tell you that I now employ people like you with their long neck ties.

Unemployment may seem to be a very difficult transition, but what is more harder is for anyone to be unskilled. after collecting let say 350k per month for six years, what do you think will happen to you? Go figure!

D sage:

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by onatisi(m): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
bayulll01:
now you are taking i wonder some slowpooke wil come here saying shiit,go learn work,go learn bricklayer as ift it easy,a graduate in engineering wil go and learn trade abi,afta all the sleepless night and hardwork,ur goverment don change una tinking in this country nawa o
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
VERY VERY SOON YOU WILL UNDERSTAND,VERY SOON MY BROTHER,DONT RUSH.
LIKE THE SAYING GOES EXPERIENCE IS ALWAYS THE BEST TEACHER.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by deleo16(m): 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
wait for govt i say no hustling is the order of the day may be after vision 2020 i will hope on the govt lwkmd
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Jisunpack: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2012
What do you know about being a graduate in engineering? What do you think are the purpose of those calculus, linear algebra, laplace, fourier, complex analysis and numerical analysis other than to make the logic and arithmetic unit in your brain to be more capable of handling and solving complex real life scenarios with ease?

Guy, relax for one corner ! Even in shell or other multinational oil coy, you may be employed as a civil engineer and later transferred to project or facility management. Go figure!

bayulll01:
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by bayulll01(m): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2012
onatisi:
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,
VERY VERY SOON YOU WILL UNDERSTAND,VERY SOON MY BROTHER,DONT RUSH.
LIKE THE SAYING GOES EXPERIENCE IS ALWAYS THE BEST TEACHER.
see i dnt knw wat the phuck u saying,b4 u start any trade or wateva u pple cal it,won't u need cash,oh the money wil fly frm heaven,ur bank is busy giving otedola loan and dangoatay money,instead to invest in youth and agriculture no wonder we have a man witout brain as our president am done here,u pple are pathetic
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by bayulll01(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: What are you talking about? look let me be open and sincere to you. I left a "high" paying oil job in PH to start a farm. This idea came to me when I met a friend that was making times four of my pay in a month.

I got to know about the farm when I visited him during one of my vacations and was dazed with the money he was making, instantly that ugly mask called pride was shredded into pieces and I set my resignation date that very moment. it was like a revelations from God on my way to Damascus.

fast forward. . .I use part of the proceeds from the farm and set up a company which I automatically assumed the CEO and I can confidently tell you that I now employ people like you with their long neck ties.

Unemployment may seem to be a very difficult transition, but what is more harder is for anyone to be unskilled. after collecting let say 350k per month for six years, what do you think will happen to you? Go figure!

i dont want to descend so low by insulting u,am a chemical engin3r by profsn,y dnt u start ur farm immidiatly u finish ur nysc ho ho afta making million in oil company u now set up ur farm bounch of hypocrit

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by onatisi(m): 12:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
D sage:

so u will allow the bad system of education to spoil ur life abi?no wonder God himself said my ppl are destroyed becos of lack of knowledge.dont worry put on ur tie and start writing application letters i wish u the best of luck.but u know it is better to learn from other ppls bitter mistakes nd lessons than to for u to make the same mistake and learn from it.remeber truth is very very bitter and most times always difficult to swallow.u can either bury ur pride and shame now and get trained in a vocational feild and control ur life the way u want it or live to serve ppl.the point is ppl need to travel to know what life is all about ,nigerians making it in sa ,uk,usa are ppl that are sklled.let me ask u a question,will u rather be a graduate of sociology without any skill than be a graduate of sociology and at the same time a fashion designer?dont u know that ur education will propel u higher than other illitrate tailors.ur selling point will be the way u interact and discuss.there is a man in lagos and what he does is tieing women headgear,he isgraduate and was interviewed in usa some months back,now ppl flying him from nig to usa and uk to tie womens headgear and he collects hard currency ,u guys in naija need to see what ur nigerian brothers are doing abroad with their hands to know that success is all about the way u think and not where u are,the man name is segun gele ,look it up .well it is ur life ,and u make the choices
articles.cnn.com/2010-07-16/world/segun.gele.nigeria.headgear_1_nigerian-special-occasions-wedding?_s=PM:WORLD

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by 2sexy(m): 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
Who care about the unemployment rate in Naija? No kidding, not bragging, banked N80,000 last friday ($500 to be precised). That's some bankers salary.

The earlier you learn to be business minded, the better for you.

I am in control, no bossing around.

After sometime, I will get the fvck out of the comatose place called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Rick9(m): 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
Rick9 Nairaland Emperor: .

UNEMPLOYMENT RATE: the rate is very high. Speculations and source. 90%
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by eledalo: 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2012
I wonder if Seun, living in Abeokuta, looked for bank loan before setting up NL for you jobless youths to post from your 1000 Naira a month BBs. Dont take offence at this post please.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by fapcrook(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
@Emelexray, is it as simple as abc. If u ever find yourself in dat position wt not too good family background, u wont say this. Many know wat to do but have no little capital to start wt. Thanx yo God u hav a job so u can talk bla bla on NL
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by bayulll01(m): 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
2sexy: Who care about the unemployment rate in Naija? No kidding, not bragging, banked N80,000 last friday ($500 to be precised). That's some bankers salary.

lol bros not cematose more like a dungeon dream killer,ehm ehm bros care to shear the secret of ur succes wit me ,dnt mind those mofos hypocrit pple
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by rallymento(m): 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
I think our unemployment rate is 52 percent! Maybe next year wen wil be havin our 53rd anniversary it wil be 53... then 54. 55 until God intervenes grin
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by bayulll01(m): 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2012
2sexy: Who care about the unemployment rate in Naija? No kidding, not bragging, banked N80,000 last friday ($500 to be precised). That's some bankers salary.

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by bayulll01(m): 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
eledalo: I wonder if Seun, living in Abeokuta, looked for bank loan before setting up NL for you jobless youths to post from your 1000 Naira a month BBs. Dont take offence at this post please.
mofo and did seun told u he din't seek for funds or collected loans or din't seek help,i get it ur papa stil dey feed u for house abi
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Jisunpack: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
wrong quote.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ajf(m): 12:50pm On Oct 01, 2012
Emylexray: Tell those graduates to stop combing here and there for jobs. If there are no lucrative offers of employment, they should establish themselves by starting something. Unemployment is a pest that has and still eating deep into the fabric of Nigeria. Let them start something rather than continue waiting for jobs that not readily available. God bless Nigeria!
Yeah. Easier said than done...
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2012
I felt bad the day i lost my job...but i gathered a few of my friends that were good at what they did and we started our own small company. Now when we have a job to execute we hire people based on contract. Sometimes there's money and somtimes its tight but i have my peace of mind that no employer can intimidate or fire me and i control my time.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
The culprit is the Nigerian educational system that teaches us to be seekers of employment rather than creators of employment. Knowledge acquisition is rarely dynamic in this country, where you can see Lacturers using books from the 70's to teach when the world had moved on over 30years ago. Imagine teaching Architectural students Fotran 77 when they'd rather be better off learning how to use 3-D softwares and Auto-Caad.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by bayulll01(m): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
ba7man: The culprit is the Nigerian educational system that teaches us to be seekers of employment rather than creators of employment. Knowledge acquisition is rarely dynamic in this country, where you can see Lacturers using books from the 70's to teach when the world had moved on over 30years ago. Imagine teaching Architectural students Fotran 77 when they'd rather be better off learning how to use 3-D softwares and Auto-Caad.
u are among the few with sense in nl
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
university was aimed at getting universal knowledge ,why not use the knowledge u have gained plus skill you may acquire to get food on ur table,ie you can bbe a barber extaordinare etc,i work but i envy the freedom of a taxi driver,who is answerable to no one but himself,as an employee,your "life" may depend on the whims of ur emplyer,constant fear and subjugation,taking crap and the rest,if you can learn a skill as a grad,it is an added bonus
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Jisunpack: 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
Stop typing like some halfwitts.

bayulll01:
i dont want to descend so low by insulting u,am a chemical engin3r by profsn,y dnt u start ur farm immidiatly u finish ur nysc ho ho afta making million in oil company u now set up ur farm bounch of hypocrit
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by webcalculator(m): 1:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
my calculator is bad, don't know what's wrong with this purpor

make I go buy casio
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by muredo(m): 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2012
I didnt say acquiring skills like barbing,trading etc are nt good o,but just pick one street either in lagos or ibadan and count how many barber will have dia?problem lies with the govt,dont let us blame d graduate
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by stupor(m): 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2012
monosetale: Its probably like 60%- the problem is mainly us the youths, they don't want to do "dirty" jobs- like a guy we served(NYSC) together last year. He was a very skilled barber. And I advised him to set up a high end barbing saloon in lagos or ibadan where he stays after service W̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̅Τ̲̅ђ about 150k he had gathered from INEC/allowi payments since his family was poor, pointing to him the fact that being §ø Ǧ☺☺ϑ at barbing clients could easily pay him say 300-400 naira W̶̲̥̅̊i̶̲̅Τ̲̅ђ him making thousands daily. He said he's heard and we parted ways after service only for him to send ♍e messag
es to help him to find work and crap.

Sò guy na ur graduate pal make e dey go barb after several years òf pennioless hardship in Nigeriaon graveyard tertiary schòols abi ?

I suppòse u shòuld help him rather than call his lòoking fòr help,'a crap'o

Everyman has the right tò succede and strive fòr his dreams irrespective òf where he is còming fróm.

Give a dòg a bòne if he needs it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Job Openings At The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Nigeria / FG Takes Over Recruitment Duties From Teaching Hospitals / Hotels/hospitality Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.