Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? (18579 Views)

BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / Unemployment Rate In Nigeria Hits 23.9% - NBS / Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2012
muredo: I didnt say acquiring skills like barbing,trading etc are nt good o,but just pick one street either in lagos or ibadan and count how many barber will have dia?problem lies with the govt,dont let us blame d graduate
for someone who wants to,every mountain is a molehill,for someone who doesnt want to,every molehill is a mountain,bob marely said"if there is a will,there is a way"conquer yourself,you have conquered everything
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Dsage1: 2:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
onatisi:
so u will allow the bad system of education to spoil ur life abi?no wonder God himself said my ppl are destroyed becos of lack of knowledge.dont worry put on ur tie and start writing application letters i wish u the best of luck.but u know it is better to learn from other ppls bitter mistakes nd lessons than to for u to make the same mistake and learn from it.remeber truth is very very bitter and most times always difficult to swallow.u can either bury ur pride and shame now and get trained in a vocational feild and control ur life the way u want it or live to serve ppl.the point is ppl need to travel to know what life is all about ,nigerians making it in sa ,uk,usa are ppl that are sklled.let me ask u a question,will u rather be a graduate of sociology without any skill than be a graduate of sociology and at the same time a fashion designer?dont u know that ur education will propel u higher than other illitrate tailors.ur selling point will be the way u interact and discuss.there is a man in lagos and what he does is tieing women headgear,he isgraduate and was interviewed in usa some months back,now ppl flying him from nig to usa and uk to tie womens headgear and he collects hard currency ,u guys in naija need to see what ur nigerian brothers are doing abroad with their hands to know that success is all about the way u think and not where u are,the man name is segun gele ,look it up .well it is ur life ,and u make the choices
articles.cnn.com/2010-07-16/world/segun.gele.nigeria.headgear_1_nigerian-special-occasions-wedding?_s=PM:WORLD

Seems most of you guys don't get it, I didn't says starting something or having a vocational skills was bad in itself but only concerned about the kind of unskills graduates produced by our educational system.

Some of you are just saying what you probably not practice. It's true that some graduates are lazy or not ready to use their innate skills to find alternative means of acquiring wealth but one should not ignore the fact that some people don't even have a boko to start business.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by humpito(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2012
Unemployment rate is 60%
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by lynton(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2012
Emylexray: Tell those graduates to stop combing here and there for jobs. If there are no lucrative offers of employment, they should establish themselves by starting something. Unemployment is a pest that has and still eating deep into the fabric of Nigeria. Let them start something rather than continue waiting for jobs that not readily available. God bless Nigeria!

Who be this one wee dee talk like sanusi, are u giving out free loan? Na u go give them money or na ur chaincruz they go use start the something? Abeg no rest joor.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
earthgreeners:

you go give them Loan?
I started mine with a skill I possessed and phone call credit to inform elderly people around me to spread the word.....and i haven't looked back since.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by 2sexy(m): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: What are you talking about? look let me be open and sincere to you. I left a "high" paying oil job in PH to start a farm. This idea came to me when I met a friend that was making times four of my pay in a month.

I got to know about the farm when I visited him during one of my vacations and was dazed with the money he was making, instantly that ugly mask called pride was shredded into pieces and I set my resignation date that very moment. it was like a revelations from God on my way to Damascus.

fast forward. . .I use part of the proceeds from the farm and set up a company which I automatically assumed the CEO and I can confidently tell you that I now employ people like you with their long neck ties.

Unemployment may seem to be a very difficult transition, but what is more harder is for anyone to be unskilled. after collecting let say 350k per month for six years, what do you think will happen to you? Go figure!

Tell them something. Entreprenures will always rule any day any time. What most people do not realise is that the same jobs they seek at some other places is someone else's business. Strip off all those formalities that comes with a job and you will see a N .A . K. E. D BUSINESS.

While searching, what if the jobs doesnt come, what will you do? I thank God for the day I came across this book; Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. I read that book in 2007 and several others after that. My thinking changed far better than the thousands of graduate produce every year. The problem is that money is not taught in school and how to build a business.

I once said it in another thread about 4 months ago while still in school that my NYSC is going to my BEST year because it is the time to make truck loads of cash for myself, but those that had experience the same NYSC were lamenting. NYSC never start sef, $500 don land for my hand.

Change your mindset, read and develop yourself business wise and you will thank God that you ever did. This world is changing fast, innovations are emerging. The question is, are you tapping it?
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by oladayo042: 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2012
National Bureau of Statistics even had nothing like monthly unemployment rate on their website. Even if they did, why should I believe it when they claimed that the 2011 rate was less than 25% while Nigerians who are wearing the shoe know that it pinches harder than that. I'm sure government just pick any figure they fancy and claim unemployment has been reduced.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
Mehn, the comments some people post online ehn....Self employment is the way ooo....
I know guys that were into digital photography in school(how much is a camera that 3 ppl can't save and buy??) They were already in millions by the time they graduate and are into property development now.
A friend of mine during a strike period in school learnt carpentry, he bought used power tool with his allowance and you really need to see the creative things he sells now.
Another friend of mine studied engineering. He sent himself thru school by workin on sites as supervisor and now he collects jobs costing millions. He's built his own house, married, bought a car 4 his dad, himself and his wife.....and he just turned 29.
I don't choose mediocre people around me, I surround myself with what I want to see...Honest sucessful people who started small and grew into sucess. I'm motivated when I'm with them. N.B: I have many more oooo.....Under 20 sef and some grown men nd women will come here and start discouraging people. A lot of people need re-orientation.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
Self employment is for men and women of steel. If u know you can't withstand the pressure stay in paid employment.......which opportunities are reducing by the day. If only you know how unmoved entrepreneurs are when they hear about workers being laid off.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by onatisi(m): 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
many ppl don't understand it is not the money you have that will make u successful , it is what you have in ur head , your level of knowledge will determine how far you will go in life. now back to the topic i once started a business call center in Ibadan with my own personal phone , no chair , no umbrella , and no spare credit except the one in my phone after 6 months i had 3 branches and employed 4 ppl , up till today the area is still named after my phone call center becos it later turned to a bus Stop.
there are 3 categories of ppl arguing here the first group is that group that blames everything on the government , my advise to that grup of ppl is that there is no perfect govt , and there is no best system there is high unemployment rat in uk and usa and yet most of u guys want to go there ,
another group is the group that believe that without money they can fulfill their dreams , well to this group of ppl i believe u ned to know that big dreams start small, don't wait for for big money to start a small business , tell me who will borrow u a million naira when u have no land , no car and nothing as collateral but that doesn't mean u cant start ANYTHING WITH 50K, all you need to do is to dig deep just like maria Carey once sang the hero you are looking for in right inside you
the thrid group of ppl are those that have experienced these hardship and are on the way to the top and they are trying to educate fellow Nigerians that you can be somebody and that you don't have to look for jobs to this group i will see welL done pls keep educating our fellow brothers that there is NO EXCUSE FOR FAILURE IN LIFE , i don't think it will make sense telling your son years to come that you are a failure becos gej and pdp were ruling Nigeria he is likely to look at you then as a mad man
overall my final advice to Nigerian youths is this SEEK KNOWLEDGE , KNOW IS POWER , THE BARRIER BETWEEN POVERTY AND WEALTH IS KNOWLEDGE, WHAT YOU KNOW IS WHAT YOU WILL BE. AND DONT MOVE WITH PPL WHO ARE NEGATIVE MINDED , WHAT YOU THINK IS WHAT YOU ARE AND THAT IS WHAT YOU WILL BE .
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Olutola88(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2012
@2sexy “NYSC never start sef, $500 don land for my hand" wot did u invest in?
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by profdotcom: 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2012
fankasibe: I'm in my final-year in d university, and i'm scared of graduating coz of unemployment....abeg help me.
Guy it is better say u no graduateoooo!. because work i no dey.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2012
In terms of entrepreneurship one can start small, its just that the average Nigerian is hadly dedicated to his job, small time you hear i am going to one church program, or for a wedding or burial and then you now understand why poverty is like boxers and bra for them.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
With the bad economic situation and unemployment, people are gettin rich around me while some people are giving excuses why its not possible. I'm not rich yet but i know I'm on the right path and i know the type of people i want to surround myself with. Right now, I'm idle but I'v been readin books, planning and i'll even follow a sucessful man i know around to assist him all for free....jus to get more experience, advice and to observe how he conducts his business. I do this for a month and you think i won't be smarter? Pls, knowledge is the key. Develop a skill of value and people will pay you to solve their problems.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Isaleeko2: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
Slyp:

Somethin like wot and where do you expect them to raise the capital, to steal or wot? It is people like you dat celebrate criminals who always claim to have started small

Wow!
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by radywhite(f): 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
wel its high tym nigerian youths bgin 2 undastnd d fact dat d populatn of d unemployed has outgrown d available job opportunities der4 let bgin 2 learn n aquire skills so we can establish ourselfs no mata how smal we start instead of waiting on gov/private jobs.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
Even if your employer pays you a million naira, at the end of the year that's 12 million naira which is much but its somthing you can can make or far more in my field from a single project. I'd rather wait on those kind of jobs and develop myself while waiting so when it finally comes I'll have the capacity to handle it. I know how much my ex-boss made from projects I supervised for him and no matter how much he got my paltry salary remained the same....well, at least i have the experience now.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by 2sexy(m): 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2012
ba7man: Mehn, the comments some people post online ehn....Self employment is the way ooo....
I know guys that were into digital photography in school(how much is a camera that 3 ppl can't save and buy??) They were already in millions by the time they graduate and are into property development now.
A friend of mine during a strike period in school learnt carpentry, he bought used power tool with his allowance and you really need to see the creative things he sells now.
Another friend of mine studied engineering. He sent himself thru school by workin on sites as supervisor and now he collects jobs costing millions. He's built his own house, married, bought a car 4 his dad, himself and his wife.....and he just turned 29.
I don't choose mediocre people around me, I surround myself with what I want to see...Honest sucessful people who started small and grew into sucess. I'm motivated when I'm with them. N.B: I have many more oooo.....Under 20 sef and some grown men nd women will come here and start discouraging people. A lot of people need re-orientation.

Bro, Naija people are yet to wake up.
Many are more serious about their looks, latest dance e.g Azonto, Atlanta, they want to enjoy right now instead of the other way round. I used to tell people that I do not need 1 million to be a millionaire. Just give me 500k and watch me built it into millions. Are you financially intelligent enough? some even go as far as attributiing riches to luck... i LAFF!
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by playahP(m): 5:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
norseman2: . U̶̲̥̅̊ aRe a very Big fool, ĦσƜ ώɪ̣̝̇ι̥ι a fresh graduate strt somthing witout capital, wen banks gives loans only Τ̅☺ †ђξ odetolas,dangotes alone, idiot. Mayb U̶̲̥̅̊ ​A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ among †ђξ 49 laptop slowpoke

Have u ever seeked for a bank loan and you were refused Your certficat can act as a collateral for small loans!.... I don't know the situation now but with the killing interest rate and economic instability, securing a loan might be difficult even with certificates!
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by StateOfMind: 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2012
D sage:

Do you think it's that easy in Nigeria? Some of them don't even have a kobo to initiate a business.

Talking about vocational skill,well that's the fault of our educational system. For instance,how would you feel if someone ask you to learn capentery after 16-18years of schooling (primary to university).

Let thanks God our life/condition rather than blaming others for their predicament.

Don't mind the bros oo... To learn a vocation these day sef requires money..
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by onatisi(m): 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2012
StateOfMind:

Don't mind the bros oo... To learn a vocation these day sef requires money..

then stay unemployed and keep blaming gej and hope that one day a messiah will come and turn Nigeria around and give u a job
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by 2sexy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
Olutola88: @2sexy “NYSC never start sef, $500 don land for my hand" wot did u invest in?

The way you ask that question make laugh. You think it is easy. That is the result 4 years multiple failures and 4 years financial education and intelligence but NEVER gave up.

You dig?
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by roth: 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2012
cheesy No record
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2012
2sexy:

Bro, Naija people are yet to wake up.
Many are more serious about their looks, latest dance e.g Azonto, Atlanta, they want to enjoy right now instead of the other way round. I used to tell people that I do not need 1 million to be a millionaire. Just give me 500k and watch me built it into millions. Are you financially intelligent enough? some even go as far as attributiing riches to luck... i LAFF!
True talk my sis, I just finished having a conversation with two young men. They just came up with a brilliant idea and can't wait till 2morrow to start preparations, a lady in my house just started a home delivery service and she workin hard to meet demand. People are making money my sis.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Rooneyboy(m): 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
oladayo042: National Bureau of Statistics even had nothing like monthly unemployment rate on their website. Even if they did, why should I believe it when they claimed that the 2011 rate was less than 25% while Nigerians who are wearing the shoe know that it pinches harder than that. I'm sure government just pick any figure they fancy and claim unemployment has been reduced.
So on point.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 6:31pm On Oct 01, 2012
C'mon people, think!!!...We were created in the image and likeness of God, God is a creator. Create something...Employment,opportunities,ideas,a bizness, a product, a service....create something of value, advertize it and people will pay you for your idea. Ideas rule the world.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by 2sexy(m): 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2012
ba7man: True talk my sis, I just finished having a conversation with two young men. They just came up with a brilliant idea and can't wait till 2morrow to start preparations, a lady in my house just started a home delivery service and she workin hard to meet demand. People are making money my sis.
I be guy/ man/ boy oooo. check my profile pic.

See wetin dis name dey cos me na eh?
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by onatisi(m): 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2012
ba7man: True talk my sis, I just finished having a conversation with two young men. They just came up with a brilliant idea and can't wait till 2morrow to start preparations, a lady in my house just started a home delivery service and she working hard to meet demand. People are making money my sis.
don't mind many of Nigerian youths the valuable time they spend on nairaland insulting and abusing each other and cursing gej calling him retardeen and all sort of name is enough for them to think and come uop with useful ideas but they spend their time doing useless things an at the end of the day claim the gej is not working , if gej was doing as they did when he was their age i doubt if he would even have been a Councillor talk less of been a governor
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2012
onatisi:
don't mind many of Nigerian youths the valuable time they spend on nairaland insulting and abusing each other and cursing gej calling him retardeen and all sort of name is enough for them to think and come uop with useful ideas but they spend their time doing useless things an at the end of the day claim the gej is not working , if gej was doing as they did when he was their age i doubt if he would even have been a Councillor talk less of been a governor
True, meanwhile Nairaland can be very educative. Rather visit other sections lyk business, property, car talk, culture, and expand their minds, they'll trade insults and tribal arguements. All the while,the information to set their minds free is at their finger tips.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 7:34pm On Oct 01, 2012
2sexy:
I be guy/ man/ boy oooo. check my profile pic.

See wetin dis name dey cos me na eh?
I see the pix ooo....truely, you are 2 sexy!!!
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by onatisi(m): 7:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
ba7man: True, meanwhile Nairaland can be very educative. Rather visit other sections lyk business, property, car talk, culture, and expand their minds, they'll trade insults and tribal arguments. All the while,the information to set their minds free is at their finger tips.
it was on this site years ago i got a product to be distributing in ibadan , clorex liquid soap and i made money then from it ,most of them wont look there the first thing that they will look for is the person to abuse or insult and in fact most of their ideas and contributions are very shallow;knowledge is the first thing i have been telling ppl the things i know now if i knew it before i wont have left Nigeria , but ppl get here before they realize i had to swallow all my pride and dignity to stat doing a training job where i had pl as young as 24 yrs old and i was calling the master just to learn , the things i learn t with my white beard and all my certificate in my pockets and bags were thing ppl advised m to learn years ago when i was looking for admission and even when i was in the uni , i had to learn it with shame here but thank God for today , knowledge is power , the difference between the rich and power is almost all the time knowledge , even on this thread if u have notice , successful ppl that have established themselves in Nigeria were advising them on how to become self reliant and yet some youths were arguing wth them that those ppl don't know what they are talking about even i learn t one or two from ppl here on this thread about things at home . can u see how very daft those guys were , one was even saying dangote and otedola are the problem that they have collected all the bank loans that they need can u imagine that outstanding foolishness . may God save Nigeria future
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
You heard it people....Different people are here in Nairaland, some are here to get knowledge, some to share knowledge, some to buy products or services, some to sell products or services and some to display ignorance or spread hate. Decide what category you fall into. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Employer Wants To Hold My NYSC DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE On Resumption. / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? / Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.