Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? (18706 Views)

BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / Unemployment Rate In Nigeria Hits 23.9% - NBS / Will You Join A Nationwide Protest Against The Unemployment Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by sleeky8(m): 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
Emylexray: Tell those graduates to stop combing here and there for jobs. If there are no lucrative offers of employment, they should establish themselves by starting something. Unemployment is a pest that has and still eating deep into the fabric of Nigeria. Let them start something rather than continue waiting for jobs that not readily available. God bless Nigeria!
I fuckin hate it when people tell me this because like seriously if i had enough capital you think i will be looking for a job that asks for 5 year experience?

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Godspikin: 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2012
Emylexray: Tell those graduates to stop combing here and there for jobs. If there are no lucrative offers of employment, they should establish themselves by starting something. Unemployment is a pest that has and still eating deep into the fabric of Nigeria. Let them start something rather than continue waiting for jobs that not readily available. God bless Nigeria!

Everybody no be like you, no be everybody get the opportunity wey u get, if God has blessed you so much that you can start a business on your own, you better thank God, it is not everyone that is presently unemployed that is bereft of ideas. Maybe, you just won't understand. Some of us who wish to work only want to get the funds needed to start us up.

... to the main thing, unemployment is so high, it should be about 87%, after graduating since 2009, 90% of my friends are still unemployed, including yours truly. Some who are are underemployed, imagine a graduate beeing payed 38,000 per month.

1 Like

Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by gloriana(f): 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
fankasibe: I'm in my final-year in d university, and i'm scared of graduating coz of unemployment....abeg help me.
u dont nid 2 b afraid. U av a beta chance 2 start somtin b4 u graduate n by d time u r tru wit service,u wont av 2 look 4 job. Network marketin is 1 solution 2 d problem. If u want 2 knw more or nid a gud ntwork marketin company 2 join, rich me on glorioustatus29@yahoo.com or 08036316852 my numba wil b available again 4rm wedsday.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by Dozieson(m): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2012
well, getting a job is not the what we need. i am working in a good environment with good pay but am not comfortable cos it is somebody's buz. i am always thinking of starting my own buz and building a huge empire for my unborn generations to tap into when am no-more. please everyone should think of having a buz of theirs no matter how small it maybe.i will resign someday and start-up my own buz in a very short time.
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by 2sexy(m): 10:20am On Oct 02, 2012
Iolo: We just need to ease off on giving birth to the soo many children.

Minus corruption and all that, one of our problems is the age demographic of Nigeria puts youths and children @ more than 70% in population. Would love to see what other country has similar figures and compare that to their unemployment rates.

Andna d poor born pass
Re: What's The Current Unemployment Rate In Nigeria? by ba7man(m): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2012
Finally, not everyone has d spirit of entrepreneurship and its o.k, if we were all that, then would be the employees?? Some people function better as a part of a Larger structure. To those still seeking employment, Develop yourself, get certain special skills related to your profession, improve on your appearance and how you relate with people. Package yourself so well that an employer would want to fire someone to create room for you. Then pray b'cos all that will be in vain if God doesn't put his hands into it. Goodluck to you all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vacancies For Commercial Graduates @ GSK Pharmaceuticals / Internship: Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Programme / Hotels/hospitality Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.