Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. - Politics (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. (201668 Views)

The Bad State Of The Hospital Alamieyeseigha Died In (Photo) / See The Beautiful Daughters Of Governor Ajimobi / See The Beautiful And Gallant Nigerian Armed Forces Women...PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by makinde3: 10:22am On Aug 16, 2014
Stephenkayode: Please, Does anyone knows why Odutola tyres, Adebowale electronics, Vista bakery in Ibadan and stationery stores discontinued after the death of the founders. these were indeed great indigenous businesses when the owners were alive.

Yes these founders were great but they may lack of good business management.
There is no reason for business not to continue after the death of the founder if there good management when the founder was alife
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by oloyekun: 7:13pm On May 14, 2015
The author (naptu2) plagiarized the work of Patrick Cole ("Modern and Traditional Elites in the Politics of Lagos"wink without proper attribution. Why don't you clearly state what opinions are yours vs. the work of others? When you cite your sources you help the scholarly tradition and cause others with interest to dig deeper.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Ishilove: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2017
naptu2:
Nasco biscuits ( "Nasco biscuits, king of biscuits, nasco biscuits got that flavour. . . )

Nasco wafers, Nasco Cornflakes, etc.
When flakes were still flakes, and wafers, wafers
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2017
Ishilove:

When flakes were still flakes, and wafers, wafers

Na Scott biscuits are back in a big way.
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Ishilove: 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
oyb:

Na Scott biscuits are back in a big way.
I be pako. Na okin and nasco I sabi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Nkvincent: 1:07pm On May 12, 2018
http://www.gistablaze.com/2018/05/braless-kendall-jenner-flaunts-nipples.html?m=1
"Photos: Mother of two,?Uwaila Agbonson celebrates her divorce and calls out all the side chicks that wrecked her marriage"

http://www.gistablaze.com/2018/05/photos-mother-of-twouwaila-agbonson.html?m=1

"Meet the curvy weather reporter who is driving guys crazy on social media (Photos)"

http://www.gistablaze.com/2018/05/meet-curvy-weather-reporter-who-is.html?m=1
'I am not afraid of water or death' - Nigerian migrant speaks on why she risked her life going to Italy from Libya

http://www.gistablaze.com/2018/05/i-am-not-afraid-of-water-or-death.html?m=1
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Nkvincent: 1:08pm On May 12, 2018
PLS GUYS THIS IS A NEW BLOG. HELP ME BY VISITING IT DAILY... GOD BLESS YOU.
www.gistablaze.com
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Racoon(m): 9:56pm On Mar 16, 2020
God bless the composer of this educative thread.
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by CaptainMarvel(m): 4:07am On Jan 17, 2021
Thank you Naptu2 for this wonderful thread.
However, I think you can help us more if you attribute your sources of reading and research, so that those who want further reading can easily refernce those books
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Ofemannnu: 4:11am On Jan 17, 2021
Good thread, I must say smiley
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by fikfik: 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2021
naptu2:
Okin Biscuits.

I used to dunk the circular biscuits into my tea, cocoa or coffee until it was soggy. The shortcake, on the other hand, came ready-to-eat (cos it was so sweet).

However, there was another biscuit that I loved even more than okin biscuit. It looked like the shortcake, but I can't remember its name. I often forgot its name, even when I was a kid. When I remembered I would run to my mum excitedly and declare that I don't want okin biscuit, I want **** biscuit.

was it Yale biscuit? that had speedy (purple bag), malted milk and others (yellow wrapper).
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by J2381: 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Don't know why the pictures aren't visible.
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Ishilove: 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
naptu2:

Now you've got me confused. Mustapha was the one who wore glasses, but if I remember correctly, Skidd was the one who had the catch phrase "hit me, hit me".
Skidd Ikemefuna?
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Ishilove: 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
J2381:
Don't know why the pictures aren't visible.
This thread was AWESOME. One of the very best in the history of Nairaland
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by J2381: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2021
Ishilove:

This thread was AWESOME. One of the very best in the history of Nairaland
Yeah I've been going through it. Can't even imagine how I missed it all this time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Octopusssy(f): 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2022
naptu2:

There were three presenters.

Skid Ikemefuna: if I remember correctly, he was the first presenter. He released an album under the name "Mc Skiddo". He later became a pastor. He is now an executive with the Silverbird Group

Mustapha Amego: To me he was the best presenter that the show ever had. He also released an album.

Sylva (sp) Oforgu: he later had his own show on NTA Channel 10.
Who was the one always saying 'hit me hit me hit me'? At the end there was a competition on who could drink Limca the fastest
Re: Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. by Ishilove: 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2023
naptu2:
Henry Rawlinson Carr

He characterised the illiterate masses as swayed more by emotion than reason, with emotions more suited to market women than men. Lagos politics he thought “a kind of systematic insanity”; the people of Lagos had refused to think for themselves: they had placed their trust in a leader who retained his hold over them “by stirring up mob emotions, by using tricks, mass propaganda, hate drill and all kinds of mumbo-jumbo”. Their profession of patriotism was a smoke screen to hide spite, greed, dishonesty and vanity.
Very interesting point of view and still valid till today, especially after the events of this last election

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman / List Of Buhari's 36 Ministers And Their Portfolios / Jega To Announce Presidential Election Results: Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.