Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? (2537 Views)

Army Detains Policemen Without Food For Refusing To Wear Military Uniform / President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Why Does The President Always Like To Wear Military Uniforms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by LordReed(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2012
I was shocked and appalled that GEJ a civilian President would choose to wear a military uniform on the 1st of October Nigeria's independence day. I consider it a slap on the face of democracy and a sign of things to come. Even Obasanjo an ex-military Head of State didn't wear a uniform in his days a civilian president.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Emmyk(m): 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
Pix plz

1 Like

Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by gboso: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
Lord_Reed: I was shocked and appalled that GEJ a civilian President would choose to wear a military uniform on the 1st of October Nigeria's independence day. I consider it a slap on the face of democracy and a sign of things to come. Even Obasanjo an ex-military Head of State didn't wear a uniform in his days a civilian president.

Dis is 2 show dat ur president is confuse and insane.pray 4 him
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2012
@gboso, do you even think before you talk at all. It is you who needs prayers, let GOD give u brains to think first before you talk. The president is the commander and chief of the armed forces of the federal republic, @ o.p, yes today is the independence day of our nation, but the event he was the special guest at this morning was a military event. The event was " the presidential change of guards and the formal presentation of the flag of the 176 special forces battalion of the nigerian army to the commander in chief of the armed forces of nigeria, president goodluck jonathan. Like other military events be it navy, airforce or army that the president has attended, he has always worn the uniform of service. The event today was no different.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by floriana(m): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2012
He is the most senior military officer by virtue of his being the commander in chief of the armed forces. His being a reetard is not enough reason to take away his constitutional right.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2012
When Retardeen visits Yoruba land he wears Agbada, When he visits Ibo land he ties wrapper, when he visits the Military he wears Uniform

I wonder what he would wear if he visit a G-string or Bra manufacturing company.

What a clueless Retardd
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by taharqa: 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
dayokanu: When Retardeen visits Yoruba land he wears Agbada, When he visits Ibo land he ties wrapper, when he visits the Military he wears Uniform

I wonder what he would wear if he visit a G-string or Bra manufacturing company.

What a clueless Retardd
Have you not just made a complete foo.l of yrself by d above comment. What were u trying to say? Did any of it mk any sense to you?....may that bitterness in yr heart consume you. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2012
taharqa: Have you not just made a complete foo.l of yrself by d above comment. What were u trying to say? Did any of it mk any sense to you?....may that bitterness in yr heart consume you. Amen

AMEN, AMEN,AMEN!!!
Reterdeen, clueless, don't you get tired.@dayokanu
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by jmaine: 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2012
He adorned a Military attire cos he had a special function of inaugurating the 176 special forces batallion for Aso Rock . . .

[size=14pt]Jonathan inaugurates 176 Special Forces Battalion for Aso Rock[/size]

Abuja – President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday in Abuja, inaugurated a newly formed 176 Special Forces Battalion, adding to the existing 177 and 7 battalions of the presidential guards brigade.

The guards brigade is a special unit of the military specifically charged with the responsibility of the security of the president and the seat of government.

The ceremony which took place at the fore-court of the Presidential Villa, was part of the activities lined up for the 52nd independence anniversary.

The Minister of State for Defence, Erelu Olusola Obada explained that the newly established battalion was to strengthen the guards brigade and to make it more effective in response to security challenges in and around the Federal Capital Territory.

Obada said the ceremonial presentation of colours to the battalion was symbolic and could only be done by the President and the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces.

Speaking in the same vein, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati, said the ceremony was special and grand in marking the independence of a nation.

Abati said the 52nd independence anniversary like that of 2011, was low-keyed to save costs and adequately prepare for the big event of 2014, when the nation would mark 100 years of existence from the amalgamation of 1914.

He debunked the claim that the event was moved to the villa for security reasons.

`The anniversary is also low-keyed this year taking place within the precincts of the State House.

“`President Jonathan has personally responded to the allegation that the event is being held within the State House by making it clear that in 2014, we will have a big event; the centenary of Nigeria since amalgamation.

“Few years ago, we have the 50th anniversary of Nigeria’s independence and that was a big event.

“The President’s take on this is that between that 50-year anniversary and the centenary of Nigeria’s amalgamation, we should have low-keyed celebrations.

“Those who are looking for celebration on a grand scale should wait till 2014 when we will have the 100 years of Nigeria’s amalgamation,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Monday’s celebration was marked with a ceremonial change of guards by the outgoing and incoming quarter guards and guards brigade.

There were also parade and military display Brigade of Guards, inspection of fitness and weapons, a symbolic colour-parade as well as band parade in different military tones and melodies.

NAN reports that the president, assisted by the Service Chiefs and heads of other para-military agencies, released pigeons, signifying the unfettered peace and harmony of the nation.

The president also signed the anniversary register and cut the cake decked in national colours.

The event was witnessed by Vice President Namadi Sambo, Senate President David Mark his deputy, Mr Ike Ekweremadu and the deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr Emeka Ihedioha.

The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Aloma Mukhtar led other justices and heads of court to the event.

Also in attendance were former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, ministers, presidential aides, members of the diplomatic corps, the business community, representatives of religious leaders and traditional rulers. (NAN)

jonathan-inaugurates-176-special-forces-battalion-for-aso-rock
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by LordReed(m): 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2012
When Jonathan begins to act like a military dictator don't nobody be surprised.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Nobody: 1:19am On Oct 02, 2012
Lord_Reed: When Jonathan begins to act like a military dictator don't nobody be surprised.

Jesus Christ, are you for real? First off, you made an outlandish statement of in your words " slap on the face of democracy", now this. Do you even think at all. Which president has done to further democracy in the history our our nation than GEJ.
He passed the FOI bill into law, he has up-held /defended your right to insult him.
He introduced reforms for you to defend your right to choose who ever you want to be your leader, a free and fair electoral process.
The media in nigeria can write whatever they like without fear of harassment.
As a nigerian you can go to nnpc and ask for their records armed with the FOI law

Is free speech and a fair electoral process not the tenets of a fast growing democracy. Damn, where do you people come from.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 02, 2012
Lord_Reed: When Jonathan begins to act like a military dictator don't nobody be surprised.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by LordReed(m): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2012
Henry120:

Jesus Christ, are you for real? First off, you made an outlandish statement of in your words " slap on the face of democracy", now this. Do you even think at all. Which president has done to further democracy in the history our our nation than GEJ.
He passed the FOI bill into law, he has up-held /defended your right to insult him.
He introduced reforms for you to defend your right to choose who ever you want to be your leader, a free and fair electoral process.
The media in nigeria can write whatever they like without fear of harassment.
As a nigerian you can go to nnpc and ask for their records armed with the FOI law

Is free speech and a fair electoral process not the tenets of a fast growing democracy. Damn, where do you people come from.

Apparently you just came from taking your favorite alcoholic beverage in excess before you posted this. Where in my post did I insult either President's person or his office? In your eagerness to defend him you left the bounds of propriety to insult not knowing you expose your own inadequacies.

Learn to read and comprehend.....preferably while you are sober.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2012
Lord_Reed: I consider it a slap on the face of democracy and a sign of things to come. Even Obasanjo an ex-military Head of State didn't wear a uniform in his days a civilian president.

I believe you closed your eyes and shut your brain down, when you typed the above.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by warrior01: 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Apparently you just came from taking your favorite alcoholic beverage in excess before you posted this. Where in my post did I insult either President's person or his office? In your eagerness to defend him you left the bounds of propriety to insult not knowing you expose your own inadequacies.

Learn to read and comprehend.....preferably while you are sober.
pls stop making a fool of yourself and nxt time don't start what you know nothing about.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by LordReed(m): 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2012
Henry120:

I believe you closed your eyes and shut your brain down, when you typed the above.

You have nothing constructive to say so stop exposing your stupidity.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by LordReed(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2012
warrior01:
pls stop making a fool of yourself and nxt time don't start what you know nothing about.

So you require two id's to respond to one topic. ℓ☺ℓ troll much?
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Degis(m): 7:30pm On Oct 02, 2012

Bros, are you a relation of Mr.Bean. Just thinking...
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by LocalChamp: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2012
L–R: President, Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor; Vice-President Namadi Sambo; President Goodluck Jonathan; Senate President, David Mark; and a former VP, Dr. Alex Ekwueme at the cutting of the 52nd Independence Anniversary cake, in Abuja ... on Monday.

1 Like

Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Chongaiman: 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2012
Lord_Reed: ...Even Obasanjo an ex-military Head of State didn't wear a uniform in his days a civilian president.

A little research would prove otherwise. Even presidents Azikiwe and Shagari wore military uniforms on occasions.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2012
Lord_Reed:

So you require two id's to respond to one topic. ℓ☺ℓ troll much?

My friend you are a dumb knuckle head, why would I need another I.D to respond to your glaring stupidity. Don't just criticise the president, because you want to make fun of him at every instance. Think first, a deep thought, then make a useful statement or criticise him when he ( the president) is wrong. When you just jump on a bandwagon, without understanding the facts you end of spewing rubbish and making a mockery of yourself in public.

P.s. The freedom of information law (FOI) which this president passed into law, has given you the right to know what the president had for breakfast in the morning and what his dinner should be. It means that this president has strengthened the democratic institution of this great country.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Johndoe100(m): 11:03pm On Oct 02, 2012
Lord_Reed: I was shocked and appalled that GEJ a civilian President would choose to wear a military uniform on the 1st of October Nigeria's independence day. I consider it a slap on the face of democracy and a sign of things to come. Even Obasanjo an ex-military Head of State didn't wear a uniform in his days a civilian president.

Yes, you would be. Why are there so many semi literate, poorly uneducated cretins around here? God, are things this bad?

2 Likes

Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by LordReed(m): 5:05am On Oct 03, 2012
Chongaiman:

A little research would prove otherwise. Even presidents Azikiwe and Shagari wore military uniforms on occasions.

On independence day?
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by LordReed(m): 5:31am On Oct 03, 2012
Johndoe100:

Yes, you would be. Why are there so many semi literate, poorly uneducated cretins around here? God, are things this bad?

And obnoxious swollen heads whose only contribution is insane insults are in evidence.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 03, 2012
Ugliest cake I've ever seen. Prolly salty too
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 03, 2012
I guess in all respect, he didnt want to wear a specific tribal attire.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by LordReed(m): 5:37am On Oct 03, 2012
Henry120:

My friend you are a dumb knuckle head, why would I need another I.D to respond to your glaring stupidity. Don't just criticise the president, because you want to make fun of him at every instance. Think first, a deep thought, then make a useful statement or criticise him when he ( the president) is wrong. When you just jump on a bandwagon, without understanding the facts you end of spewing rubbish and making a mockery of yourself in public.

P.s. The freedom of information law (FOI) which this president passed into law, has given you the right to know what the president had for breakfast in the morning and what his dinner should be. It means that this president has strengthened the democratic institution of this great country.

Are you so eager to speak that you do not read and comprehend? What has FOI got to do with this?

A civilian president wears military uniform to celebrate a day that was brought about by democratic/civilian processes and it strikes you as praise-worthy?
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by LordReed(m): 5:40am On Oct 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I guess in all respect, he didnt want to wear a specific tribal attire.

Nobody has ever complained of a civilian president wearing 'civies' no matter what 'tribal' attire he was wearing.

What does this military uniform now signify? What message is he passing to the international community?
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 03, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Nobody has ever complained of a civilian president wearing 'civies' no matter what 'tribal' attire he was wearing.

What does this military uniform now signify? What message is he passing to the international community?

He's taking possession of Nigeria, military style?

Really, someone could have suggested his attire. The man is like a puppet.
Re: Why Should GEJ Wear Military Uniform On Oct.1? by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 03, 2012
the man dresses like a field marshal yet hides with his tail between his legs in aso rock during independence clebrations grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Indicting Photos!! Picture Of Peter Obi Apga Campaigning At Uke Night Vigil / Nollywood Actor, Barrister Kenneth Okonkwo Running For House Of Representatives / HILARIOUS: OBJ Speaks On Buhari Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.