Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

How To Encrypt Your Source Code - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Encrypt Your Source Code (3140 Views)

How To Prevent Hired Developers From Stealing Your Source Code / Editing Joomla Source Code / Ever Seen The Source Code Of Google.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Encrypt Your Source Code by olamathins(m): 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
DO you know your website is not secure if your source code is there exposed to every dick and harry that visits the site? I just got a tool that can be used to easily shut down a website with an unsecured source code. In my bid to get to prevent this from happening to my clients, i ran into a tool that can completely encrypt your source code. Do you know what that means? If you try to check source code of a site on which the tool is used on, you see the entire page looks blank. With your source code exposed, anybody can just copy your hard earn work and reuse it for his own site or kukuma clone the site. What is my story here, go learn how to [b]secure [/b]your source code. I f you need help on this, drop a line below. And will get back to you. please be specific.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by ucforu(m): 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2012
so u know how to encrypt source code but u cant encrypt your blog source code?

guy.....................................#lipsSealed
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2012
@poster, can you show us any site you have encrypted the code before?
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by spikesC(m): 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2012
after reading this last 1 hour or so, i still haven't found the best reply so far.

even facebook encrypts there so called source code, but just do inspect element, and every thing appears.

Now this one says the whole source would be white page, omo, i can bet you're just using the technique of adding so many lines on top. Abeg, that thing dey increase page size ooooo
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by Nobody: 2:54am On Oct 02, 2012
Hmn, i wonder how it will stop us from inspecting the element, except the stuff will not use DOM - or it will somehow make our browser read the HTML from server and not use DOM again! I smell a fish here!!
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by olamathins(m): 9:06am On Oct 02, 2012
Guy chew. Not everybody know this. I mean how to SECURE your source code. There are different means to do this, is either you drop some lines inbetween your script and you can be sure your site is save or to make the own source code page go blank, not appearing to the visitor. I just learn this myself from a course I run online by wordpress guy and others called encryptology. You should know this is not strange if you know a little about what i am talking about. It is just a piece of advice for you to take or leave. More comment before I start, I just want to be sure of level of awareness about this. More comment, abuse, criticism and request please; i know nairaland is characterised by these.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by mj(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2012
olamathins: Guy chew. Not everybody know this. I mean how to SECURE your source code. There are different means to do this, is either you drop some lines inbetween your script and you can be sure your site is save or to make the own source code page go blank, not appearing to the visitor. I just learn this myself from a course I run online by wordpress guy and others called encryptology. You should know this is not strange if you know a little about what i am talking about. It is just a piece of advice for you to take or leave. More comment before I start, I just want to be sure of level of awareness about this. More comment, abuse, criticism and request please; i know nairaland is characterised by these.
We are all happy wit ur findings, all we are saying is that give us a link to a sample site where u have implemented it for us to see.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 02, 2012
So, you have never done a with what you are saying, you want someone to just drop money first?

The best way to encrypt your source code from view is to put it on 127.0.0.1!
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by olamathins(m): 9:32am On Oct 02, 2012
Ok, of course I will. Just waiting for more comments. Nairalander!!!!! lol
mj:
We are all happy wit ur findings, all we are saying is that give us a link to a sample site where u have implemented it for us to see.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by olamathins(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2012
*dhtml:
So, you have never done a with what you are saying, you want someone to just drop money first?

The best way to encrypt your source code from view is to put it on 127.0.0.1!

Don't need your money, it just abt lending helping hand to a fellow naija. It is a pity only two Nigerian attended the course, don't know if somebody else attempted the previous edition.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 02, 2012
olamathins:
Don't need your money, it just abt lending helping hand to a fellow naija. It is a pity only two Nigerian attended the course, don't know if somebody else attempted the previous edition.
I am just saying that you need to provide sample of what you are saying. I have so many demos and sample of stuffs i have done here on nairaland.

I even made a script that allows nairalanders to bypass the spam bot and the spam filters all documented. And i have a stock exchange API clearly demonstrated on my website, used by so many websites and companies in Naija and abroad - http://www.nse..net/

So we are just trying to assist you and not to fight you. Afteral, we are supposed to be fellow developers??

1 Like

Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by olamathins(m): 10:02am On Oct 02, 2012
ok, let me just give you a hint about what I am talking about.

Google search Encrypt HTML Pro and just read a little about it. If you can, download a trial version and try to see what it can do.

The developer is one of the facilitators of the course I am talking about.

Please drop a comment before I continue what I want to talk about.

I drop this hint just to stop all these brohaha. I should update you guys when next the course we take place. ok

I will be back. Drop a line; insult, criticism, request or what have you.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by DualCore1: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2012
@OP if you can't post a link to back up this your baseless claims, just get lost. Someone has asked you for a link, save everybody's time and show what you got. Its very likely you are confusing a different technique with encryption.

Encryption has its uses and it is never used to block source code from being viewed by the browser. Source codes can never be blocked from a browser and a user who view's source... one can only make things difficult for a human reader to view a source code by obfuscation not encryption.

If your browser cannot see a source code it cannot present you with the contents you desire. If your site can be loaded by a browser, the browser can see the html source. If a browser can see a source, a user can see that source.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by olamathins(m): 10:24am On Oct 02, 2012
*dhtml:

I am just saying that you need to provide sample of what you are saying. I have so many demos and sample of stuffs i have done here on nairaland.

I even made a script that allows nairalanders to bypass the spam bot and the spam filters all documented. And i have a stock exchange API clearly demonstrated on my website, used by so many websites and companies in Naija and abroad - http://www.nse..net/

So we are just trying to assist you and not to fight you. Afteral, we are supposed to be fellow developers??
Great, brof, I like learning new things. May be i should learn some new tricks from you. In the world of ever changing technology, it is only a fool that thinks yesterday knowlege is the pick of it all.

If we posses the humility of heart, we should try to upgrade ourselves daily.

You say above, " So, you have never done a with what you are saying, you want someone to just drop money first?" and now you say again "So we are just trying to assist you and not to fight you" after you have actually done the abuse. Double mouthed or what?
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 02, 2012
I find it hard to believe that after all these posts, you still have not provided a link to something you actually did.

Meaning that you have no portfolio and you have no proof of what you are saying. We are not talking about google here, so leave the hint-dropping.

Until you provide a proof, i will be waiting. . . .

1 Like

Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by ndioyem: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2012
olamathins: ok, let me just give you a hint about what I am talking about.

Google search Encrypt HTML Pro and just read a little about it. If you can, download a trial version and try to see what it can do.

I drop this hint just to stop all these brohaha. I should update you guys when next the course we take place. ok

Guy thanks. Somebody had told me the same thing b4 but argued with him.

I just tried the encrypt html app you talk about and it worked damn like magic but it left like three lines underneath.., all the other script is wipped off. I tried this on local server, pls we it walk the same way if the file is upload tot he internet? cos i may order the app.
Please go ahead and tell us what you want to say or what we you achieve in keeping us waiting?
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by ndioyem: 10:54am On Oct 02, 2012
olamathins: ok, let me just give you a hint about what I am talking about.

I just tried the encrypt html app you talk about and it worked damn like magic but it left like three lines underneath.., all the other script is wipped off. I tried this on local server, pls we it walk the same way if the file is upload tot he internet? cos i may order the app.
Please go ahead and tell us what you want to say or what we you achieve in keeping us waiting?
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 02, 2012
ndioyem:

You are getting it wrong here bro. We are not saying that we doubt what the poster is saying, we are just saying that he should provide a sample of his work.

Anyone that has gone to bid for jobs before will realize that a basic thing you will be asked to do is to show a sample of your work. Simple as ABC!
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by DualCore1: 11:12am On Oct 02, 2012
ndioyem:

Time to expose some foolishness here.

The OP and Ndioyem are same person.

BRB with some screenshots....cant believe I am wasting 5 minutes on this.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by DualCore1: 11:16am On Oct 02, 2012
Ok, thanks to the FF screenshot app I didnt waste up to 5 minutes.

In the two screenshots below look at the occurrence of the number 08099534026

See an old post from the Ndioyen.

See an old post by Olamathins

Dude just get lost, you're too foolish for this section. Go to Politics.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 02, 2012
Scammer! He won chop our money!!
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by mj(m): 11:36am On Oct 02, 2012
Dz is really funny, nawa 4 dz dude.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 02, 2012
mj: Dz is really funny, nawa 4 dz dude.
The nonsense boy won use bull shit impress boys for here. . .e don go hide for inside cupboard
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by spikesC(m): 11:46am On Oct 02, 2012
buhaha buhaha.

I always tell them, if it runs on the client, it can never be hidden.
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 02, 2012
i trust my (CTRL + U) grin grin grin
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by sisqology(m): 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2012
Rofl!!! *dies*
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by talk2hb1(m): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2012
@OP this is a programming section where it is all about logical reasoning and you are trying to insult our intelligence. please go to church for deliverance or better still white garment church with an IRON sponge so they can wash you clean with holy and logical water. Even if I don't understand programming I did Logic and Philosophy in year 1. Don't worry I envy your strategy but you did not get it right grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Encrypt Your Source Code by soloqy: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2012
Why do they keep doing such nonsense? Sign up with different accounts and then thumb themselves up and commend themselves on some stupid scam? lol

(1) (Reply)

The Best School Management Software / How To Choose An Appealing Theme For Your New Website Or Blog / Re: What Software Is Better Than Dreamweaver 8 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.