Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions (8632 Views)

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? / Was Satan By Default An Angel? Prove It If You Think Jesus Never Exist As Angel / If you thinK Jesus Is Not God? Say This Words and See what will happen to you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by italo: 6:31am On Oct 04, 2012
Madawaki01: piece of crap,ur answer isn't related to d question

Please tell me HOW my answer isn't related to the question...instead of just dismissing it with the wave of a hand.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Madawaki01(m): 7:44am On Oct 04, 2012
italo:

Please tell me HOW my answer isn't related to the question...instead of just dismissing it with the wave of a hand.
u hav eyes,or don't u hav?
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by italo: 8:08am On Oct 04, 2012
Oh! I see where the problem is. You think that you only need the "eyes" to logically analyze a write-up. Well, i have eyes to see, just like I presume you do... But I understand why you cannot understand how my write-up answers the question.

What you are lacking is not "eyes" but either a BRAIN or the willingness to use it.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by kolaoloye(m): 9:15am On Oct 04, 2012
MATTHEW 16
13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee,
but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven:
and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by joe4christ(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
[size=15pt] You know, it amazes me what spirit is realy at work in the life of some christians, the holy i know would first of all teach you the basics about the kingdom of God before even furging ahead to teach you about life's mysteries, but that's not the case with so many believers now adays, it seems they are baptised with strange spirit as rightfully predicted in the bible by both prophets and apostles and even Jesus christ himself that on the last day many would be decieved and many would be baptised with strange spirit and fire other than that which christ promised and i think i'm seeing this happening right before my eyes in my generation.

The first thing the holy spirit would teach a believer who truly just gave his or her life to christ is to first unvail the mystery of the Godhead, the problem is just that most of you think you can access God of the heavenlies without his spirit or by relying of your logical reasoning, well God will never reveal his mysteries to mere men except his children (The True Born Again)

Now, my question is this:
In Gen 1:26 which states - Then God said, let us create man in our image and after our likeness.
Now the question here is who was God refering to when he said let us create man in our own image?
Well i guess John 1:1 answers it all, it is only hidden to those who think they can find God by being logical.

John 1:1 as Quoted - In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 He created everything there is. Nothing existed that he did'nt make. Life itself was in him and this life gives light to everyone.
verse 10 But although the world was made through him, the world did'nt recognize him when he came.
11 Even in his own land and among his own people, he was not accepted.
verses 14 so the word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness and we have seen his glory, the glory of the only begothen son of the Father.

is'nt this self-explanatery enough? Or do you want me to start giving you scriptural backings where Jesus was quoted testifying the the fact that he's God? [/size]
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by joe4christ(m): 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
John 10:30 - 30 The Father and I are one.
31 Once again The Jewish Leaders Picked Up Stones To
Kill Him. 32 Jesus Said, At my father's direction i have
done many things to help the people so for which oof
this good deeds Are You Killing Me? 33 They replied,
not for any good works but for blasphemy, because
you are just a mere man but have made yourself God.
So is'nt the avove self explanatery enough also?
And when you say Jesus Is Lord, what significance does
it mean to you
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
joe4christ: [size=15pt] You know, it amazes me what spirit is realy at work in the life of some christians, the holy i know would first of all teach you the basics about the kingdom of God before even furging ahead to teach you about life's mysteries, but that's not the case with so many believers now adays, it seems they are baptised with strange spirit as rightfully predicted in the bible by both prophets and apostles and even Jesus christ himself that on the last day many would be decieved and many would be baptised with strange spirit and fire other than that which christ promised and i think i'm seeing this happening right before my eyes in my generation.

Enough of this excitable behaviour.

The first thing the holy spirit would teach a believer who truly just gave his or her life to christ is to first unvail the mystery of the Godhead, the problem is just that most of you think you can access God of the heavenlies without his spirit or by relying of your logical reasoning, well God will never reveal his mysteries to mere men except his children (The True Born Again)

Wrong again.

The Holy Spirit of GOD points to JESUS , not a Mysterious and incomprehensible Godhead , a word which was coined by dubious Trinity biased translators.

New International Version (©1984)
He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you - John 16:14

Now, my question is this:
In Gen 1:26 which states - Then God said, let us create man in our image and after our likeness.
Now the question here is who was God refering to when he said let us create man in our own image?
Well i guess John 1:1 answers it all, it is only hidden to those who think they can find God by being logical.

God is one but does not dwell alone, he was probably referring to his heavenly host .

In v27 we see confirmaton that it was God who created man by himself.

So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

If the US here had represented a so called trinity , it does not mention any numbers such as 2 , 3 or 4, so we cannot translate US to mean 3 because the bibles does not say, this is man's forced meaning into an vague sentence.

John 1:1 as Quoted - In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 He created everything there is. Nothing existed that he did'nt make. Life itself was in him and this life gives light to everyone.
verse 10 But although the world was made through him, the world did'nt recognize him when he came.
11 Even in his own land and among his own people, he was not accepted.
verses 14 so the word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness and we have seen his glory, the glory of the only begothen son of the Father.

God's WORD which in the beginning was used to create the world and make mankind , had brought the first born Son into the world as an exact image and representation of GOD , what he stands for , his purpose and will for mankind.

This is the WORD that was preached from Genesis to the Prophets to the coming of Christ , ALL is fulfilled in Christ , he is the purpose of creation, the real MAN , God's truth and WORD.

Nothing was created without this WORD, all things were made through this WORD now manifested in Christ.

is'nt this self-explanatery enough? Or do you want me to start giving you scriptural backings where Jesus was quoted testifying the the fact that he's God? [/size]

Yes , show me where Jesus said he is GOD. I am waiting.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Boomark(m): 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
If you say that Jesus said "I and my Father are one", i will tell you that He also said "The Father is greater than I".

Which of these is a superior statement? How you interpret them matters.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Image123(m): 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
If Jesus was
GOD, then why in Mark
12:29 did Jesus say, "Here,
O Israel: The Lord our
God is one Lord." The
words "our God" indicate
that Jesus had a higher
God over him, a stronger
God than him. Jesus didn't
say "Your God". He said
"our God" which includes
Jesus as the creation of
GOD.
This is simply a direct quote of a old testament Bible passage. Such intellectual dishonesty from these guys. So if for instance, i quote like "John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." The above 'reasoning will insist and conclude that i'm talking about myself.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Deu 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Mar 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

compare the bolded.

If Jesus was
GOD, then why in John
20:17 did Jesus say, "I
ascend to my God and
your God? This tells us
that we and Jesus have a
common GOD.
Because that was the purpose for which He came to earth, to reconcile man to God. He came to make God our Father, and our God. He became us, He humbled Himself.He was not a man, but He for us evidently made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men
(GNB) Instead of this, of his own free will he gave up all he had, and took the nature of a servant. He became like a human being and appeared in human likeness.
Of course you know that Bible passage. God became Jesus Christ so that He could mediate and save man to God. There was no man capable or qualified. The scriptures are so numerous to state and suggest that Jesus is the very God.
Isa 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.
Isa 48:11 For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.
John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
How can Jesus possibly be another if God brazenly states that He will not give or share His glory with another?

Muslim: If Jesus was
GOD, then why in John
14:28 did Jesus say, "My
Father (GOD) is greater
than I"?
Because He is God the Son, not God the Father. They are together still the Godhead, equally Omnipresent, Omnipotent, and Omniscient. While He was here on earth, He HUMBLED Himself. It should therefore be obvious that there should be a greater than the Christ, else there is really no humbling. But it is common knowledge that He has seen ascended and i'm happy for it. Unfortunately, the OP and his gang don't seem too happy about it.
Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
He went to take His place. If Jesus is not God, WHY did Thomas call Him God. Why did Thomas say that to Him?

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Why did the Psalmist call Him God?
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.

Why did Paul call Him God?

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior;

Isa 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;

Why did John call Him God?

1John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
These are the 'mysterious' questions that stare you in the face.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
[quote author=Image123]
He was not a man, but He for us evidently made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men

Jesus was 100% MAN from day 1. Hence he is referred to as the firstborn of creation, the begotten Son of GOD and was made like unto his brethren the Jews.

To deny that Jesus was 100% Man is antichrist. Only a 100% MAN would qualify for the work of atonement.

And if you heretically say that Jesus was not a Man and was God , I have 4 questions, not that I think you possess the courage to answer, but I will ask them anyway ;

1. Was Jesus the Son of GOD eternally begotten before his birth through Mary
2. If God is Spirit and Jesus is GOD , then Jesus is also Spirit, why then was it necessary for God's Spirit to overshadow Mary if Jesus who was GOD was Spirit ?
3. When Jesus died, we assume his MAN side died, what happened to his GOD side.
4. If Jesus was 100% MAN and 100% God , does this not defy logic ? An entity can only be made up of it's substance up to 100%. How come Jesus was 200%.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by atrix4g(m): 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2012
[quote author=kola oloye]
Well said.

As for me,on John 3:16 lies the foundation of my faith.
[/quote
quote it
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Image123(m): 10:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
frosbel: Jesus was 100% MAN from day 1. Hence he is referred to as the firstborn of creation, the begotten Son of GOD and was made like unto his brethren the Jews.

To deny that Jesus was 100% Man is antichrist. Only a 100% MAN would qualify for the work of atonement.

And if you heretically say that Jesus was not a Man and was God , I have 4 questions, not that I think you possess the courage to answer, but I will ask them anyway ;

1. Was Jesus the Son of GOD eternally begotten before his birth through Mary
2. If God is Spirit and Jesus is GOD , then Jesus is also Spirit, why then was it necessary for God's Spirit to overshadow Mary if Jesus who was GOD was Spirit ?
3. When Jesus died, we assume his MAN side died, what happened to his GOD side.
4. If Jesus was 100% MAN and 100% God , does this not defy logic ? An entity can only be made up of it's substance up to 100%. How come Jesus was 200%.
you are an insincere hypocrite. Nobody said Jesus was not a man at all. He was God who became flesh. He became us for 33years, but He is God forever more. Thy throne O God is forever and ever. See how you dodged all that, and decided to pick and choose on the less than one line that seems to help you in 'winning the argument'. you have issues frosb. Even god may not be able to help you here. {edited}
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Enigma(m): 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
^^^He is also a dunce! He is talking of Jesus' nature defying logic ----- well, I suppose next he will progress to telling us that Jesus was not born of a virgin because that also defies logic. wink

cool
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
Enigma: ^^^He is also a dunce! He is talking of Jesus' nature defying logic ----- well, I suppose next he will progress to telling us that Jesus was not born of a virgin because that also defies logic. wink

cool

Dunce , is your response to my 4 questions , lol

Mr Intelligent, I await your answers to my 4 questions, let's see if you have the balls wink

A bit of a surprise to hear someone who claims to be some sort of intellectual, discard logic and reason when discussing such an important matter.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
Image123:
you are an insincere hypocrite. Nobody said Jesus was not a man at all. He was God who became flesh. He became us for 33years, but He is God forever more. Thy throne O God is forever and ever. See how you dodged all that, and decided to pick and choose on the less than one line that seems to help you in 'winning the argument'. you have issues frosb. Even god may not be able to help you here. {edited}

Fail again.

Jesus was 100% MAN, read your bible !

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by kolaoloye(m): 9:15am On Oct 05, 2012
atrix4g:
quote it

JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2012

[quote author=frosbel]

Fail again.

Jesus was 100% MAN, read your bible !

You did say that this Trinity issue is driving you crazy. I totally agree. You're transiting through idiocy into full-orbed madness.

Evidence that you're currently phasing through idiocy? Your comment quoted above evidently did not take account of image123's statement that Jesus was "God-become-Man". The Bible tells you that His becoming 100% Man did not preclude Jesus's Godhood. It only made Him positionally less than His Father.

But a deteriorating intellect is costing you understanding there, sir.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by kolaoloye(m): 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mark 15:34
And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted,
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Does this have any meaning to you?

5 Likes

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 05, 2012
kola oloye:

JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I thought that the matter of the Trinity should have been settled with you on Olaadegbu's thread two years ago or so.

May I ask Who this only begotten Son is? Why is He called Son? If He is Son, does He share Nature and Essence with His Father? How does this particular Scripture relate to Heb 1:6-12 and Heb 10:5-7, 10? Why also does that part of Scripture call Him only-begotten? What does that make Christians?
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by kolaoloye(m): 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I thought that the matter of the Trinity should have been settled with you on Olaadegbu's thread two years ago or so.

May I ask Who this only begotten Son is? Why is He called Son? If He is Son, does He share Nature and Essence with His Father? How does this particular Scripture relate to Heb 1:6-12 and Heb 10:5-7, 10? Why also does that part of Scripture call Him only-begotten? What does that make Christians?

My point is this- There is only God,Jehova,the Creator.
Jesus is the Christ,the redeemer.MATT 16
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood
hath not revealed it unto thee,but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church;
and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on
earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Holy Spirit is part of the trinity,not negotiable.
While Jesus was leaving,he said he was going to the father to prepare a place for us.
If he is the Almighty God which father was he talking about?
While on the cross,he called upon God to remove the cup from him or do you think he was calling on himself to save himself?
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by ijawkid(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
kola oloye:

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church;

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on
earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

While Jesus was leaving,he said he was going to the father to prepare a place for us.
While on the cross,he called upon God to remove the cup from him or do you think he was calling on himself to save himself?

I'm happy ur a trinitarian asking a fellow trinitarian these questions.....
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 05, 2012
kola oloye:

It worries and annoys me that the thought of Jesus being God makes anyone think that He couldn't be man at the same time.

Jesus was Man, 100%, but He was also God. And it makes perfect sense because what it takes for God to become Man is essentially temporary reduction of ability. Man was created in the very Image of God. In other words, Man is what God would be if He were a creature.

For the Word to become Man, He had to concentrate His "Godness" into a human body. It's a little like trying to make baby sounds and gestures so that you can communicate with your toddler. That is not a perfect example though because even then we do not fully become toddlers.

Jesus in His Own case assumed fully human nature. He learned to think like a human being, talk like a human being and act like a human being. If He did not, He wouldn't have been morally and legally positioned to answer for human responsibility before God.

That is the Glory of the Gospel. If you take Jesus's Godhood away, Eternal Salvation will be founded on changeable Man. You realize what a tragedy that would be. If you take His Humanity away on the other hand, Eternal Salvation would be founded on a lie.

He had to be both Man and God to reconcile God and Man. That is the truth. Eternal Salvation would be an impossibility otherwise.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by joe4christ(m): 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
[size=15pt] Could someone reading this please help me explain what the scriptures in colossians 2:9 and colossians 1:19 was talking about?
I'll be glad if anyone could help me cure my ignorance. Lol! [/size]
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
[quote author=Ihedinobi]

It worries and annoys me that the thought of Jesus being God makes anyone think that He couldn't be man at the same time.

Simply because it is not biblical.

Jesus was Man, 100%, but He was also God. And it makes perfect sense because what it takes for God to become Man is essentially temporary reduction of ability. Man was created in the very Image of God. In other words, Man is what God would be if He were a creature.

Wrong.

You cannot be 100% of one thing and 100% of another, this is scientifically untrue and a nonsense. Since God made the laws of science, it contradicts his universal rules.

Jesus was 100% MAN filled with the Spirit of GOD without measure.

You cannot be 100% GOD and anoint yourself, pray to yourself, deliver yourself etc. It's illogicality at the highest level.

For the Word to become Man, He had to concentrate His "Godness" into a human body. It's a little like trying to make baby sounds and gestures so that you can communicate with your toddler. That is not a perfect example though because even then we do not fully become toddlers.

A Word is not a being.

God's WORD becoming flesh is God's wisdom throughout the ages manifesting in the Flesh as the person of Christ.

Jesus in His Own case assumed fully human nature. He learned to think like a human being, talk like a human being and act like a human being. If He did not, He wouldn't have been morally and legally positioned to answer for human responsibility before God.

Wrong again.

How can GOD learn how to think , talk and act like a Human Being since he actually made MAN , surely he would have possessed this knowledge from day 1.

That is the Glory of the Gospel. If you take Jesus's Godhood away, Eternal Salvation will be founded on changeable Man. You realize what a tragedy that would be. If you take His Humanity away on the other hand, Eternal Salvation would be founded on a lie.

Wrong again.

Nowhere in the scripture are we warned not to take away a so called Godhood from Christ , rather we are told that antichrists will appear deceiving many and saying that the Son of GOD was not fully human or manifest on the flesh.

He had to be both Man and God to reconcile God and Man. That is the truth. Eternal Salvation would be an impossibility otherwise.

Wrong again.

He only had to come as MAN, MAN needed salvation not GOD.

For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2012

[quote author=frosbel]Simply because it is not biblical.

So you say.

Wrong.

You cannot be 100% of one thing and 100% of another, this is scientifically untrue and a nonsense. Since God made the laws of science, it contradicts his universal rules.

Jesus was 100% MAN filled with the Spirit of GOD without measure.

[s]You cannot be 100% GOD and anoint yourself, pray to yourself, deliver yourself etc. It's illogicality at the highest level.[/s]

Sure. A virgin can't get pregnant either, not without losing her virginity or twenty-first century medical fertility methods.

As for the strike-out, that concept you were describing is your own illogical invention.

A Word is not a being.

God's WORD becoming flesh is God's wisdom throughout the ages manifesting in the Flesh as the person of Christ.

So says Frosbel the omniscient.

Wrong again.

How can GOD learn how to think , talk and act like a Human Being since he actually made MAN , surely he would have possessed this knowledge from day 1.

How can a virgin become pregnant without losing her virginity or using twenty-first century science since God created them male and female and said to them, "be fruitful and multiply. . ."?

Wrong again.

Nowhere in the scripture are we warned not to take away a so called Godhood from Christ , rather we are told that antichrists will appear deceiving many and saying that the Son of GOD was not fully human or manifest on the flesh.

But of course, the Trinity suggests that Jesus Christ was and is not fully human, does it? Poor comprehension. As for nowhere were you warned, look at the same verse in 1 John that you pulled the bolded part out from.

Tell me Frosbel, are you come in the flesh?

Wrong again.

He only had to come as MAN, MAN needed salvation not GOD.

For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

So says frosbel the all-wise. Logic did not tell you that mediators must necessarily be neutral. Your massive intelligence did not tell you that the mediator must guaranteee the security of the individual (interests of the) parties he's mediating between. And your great ability to unlock mysteries did not tell you that the perfect mediator is the one who has everything to lose on both sides.

Foolish frosbel.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2012
Boomark: If you say that Jesus said "I and my Father are one", i will tell you that He also said "The Father is greater than I".

Which of these is a superior statement? How you interpret them matters.

See what plagues all of you guys? Pitting Scriptures against themselves. Which one is the superior Scripture indeed? And you think we should care about your contradictory arguments. Smh.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ihedinobi:

So you say.

So the bible says !!

Sure. A virgin can't get pregnant either, not without losing her virginity or twenty-first century medical fertility methods.

The Spirit of GOD overshadowed Mary and by the Power of GOD she conceived a MAN not a 1/2 MAN and 1/2 GOD.

How can a virgin become pregnant without losing her virginity or using twenty-first century science since God created them male and female and said to them, "be fruitful and multiply. . ."?

As explained above and because it is EXPLICITLY stated in scripture that this was an event that happened 100% backed up by the gospels and prophets.

On the contrary a 3-god god is not backed up or backable with scripture and is a contradiction of contradictions.

Tell me Frosbel, are you come in the flesh?

Yes , I originated in the Flesh through my Mother just as Christ also originated in the flesh through his Mother.

Only difference is Jesus was born with the divine nature of GOD through his Spirit while I was not , at that point.

So says frosbel the all-wise. Logic did not tell you that mediators must necessarily be neutral. Your massive intelligence did not tell you that the mediator must guaranteee the security of the individual parties he's mediating between. And your great ability to unlock mysteries did not tell you that the perfect mediator is the one who has everything to lose on both sides.

We thank God for his wisdom giving to us for the purpose of unlocking mysteries.

Foolish frosbel.

A compliment from a 'humble' brother.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ihedinobi:

See what plagues all of you guys? Pitting Scriptures against themselves. Which one is the superior Scripture indeed? And you think we should care about your contradictory arguments. Smh.

So says the theologian who bases his belief in a Pagan concept which in itself is a bundle of erroneous contradictions.

Truly I say unto you , Pot calling kettle black. grin
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Image123(m): 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
is frosb the amateur scientist cum atheist about to deny the miraculous.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Image123(m): 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
is frosb the amateur scientist cum atheist about to deny the miraculous?
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Boomark(m): 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
New International Version
(©1984)
For this reason he had to be
made like his brothers in every
way, in order that he might
become a merciful and faithful
high priest IN SERVICE TO GOD,
and that he might make
atonement for the sins of the
people.

Ifedinobi! Dint you see that? He is a mediator, a high priest IN SERVICE TO GOD.

You should stop insulting people. Those following the footsteps of Christ, ie Christians don't do that. Unless you are not taught the Christian way?
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 05, 2012
tears of joy in my eyes...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What You Should Do Everyday As A Christian / What Does The Bible Mean By The Gates Of Hell? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.