Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions (8628 Views)

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? / Was Satan By Default An Angel? Prove It If You Think Jesus Never Exist As Angel / If you thinK Jesus Is Not God? Say This Words and See what will happen to you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 06, 2012
Image123: talk of hearing what the Spirit has to say, very reminiscent of the Holy Trinity. is someone that has ears that can hope to hear,a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Fail again !!

The Spirit of GOD has nothing at all to do with the bogus concept called the Trinity.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by tevinsolt: 12:31am On Oct 06, 2012
Madawaki01: If Jesus was
GOD, then why in Mark
12:29 did Jesus say, "Here,
O Israel: The Lord our
God is one Lord." The
words "our God" indicate
that Jesus had a higher
God over him, a stronger
God than him. Jesus didn't
say "Your God". He said
"our God" which includes
Jesus as the creation of
GOD.
-----------
If Jesus was
GOD, then why in John
20:17 did Jesus say, "I
ascend to my God and
your God? This tells us
that we and Jesus have a
common GOD.
Muslim: If Jesus was
GOD, then why in John
14:28 did Jesus say, "My
Father (GOD) is greater
than I"?

"our God is one lord" doesn't equate to One person. the answers lies in the bible.
Psalm 110:1 - A psalm. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.".....and notice this are from the old testament the root which Christianity and Islam came from
Daniel also recorded many of his visions in Daniel 7:13-14

As my vision continued that night, I saw someone like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient One and was led into his presence.He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

and this was many years before Jesus was born. and it is important to keep in mind God said, he is the I Am, and he will never share his glory with any man....so what does that make Jesus?

now to answer your questions.......the Bible says Yahweh is the God of all flesh......the word, which is Jesus became flesh and dwelt among men. when he prayed he was only communicating with God as he has always done before incarnation only now he has to pray because he is limited in nature just like any other human.
my God is greater than i, simply means God the father is higher than me in rank i am his son but coequal in essence

now my question to you op is ...God is love who was he loving before any creation?
well my answer is God is self sufficient, he deliberates withing himself cuz it says so in the bible.....what is your response to this?

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Ubenedictus(m): 12:49am On Oct 06, 2012
Madawaki01: If Jesus was
GOD, then why in Mark
12:29 did Jesus say, "Here,
O Israel: The Lord our
God is one Lord." The
words "our God" indicate
that Jesus had a higher
God over him, a stronger
God than him. Jesus didn't
say "Your God". He said
"our God" which includes
Jesus as the creation of
GOD.
-----------
learn to read well please Jesus said "hear o isreal d lord our God..." only a stupid bible student will refuse to notice that Jesus was quote d shema from deut. And used d word as it was written. Jesus doesnt address God as our God he says "your God and my God". Please read well. JESUS created creation, he doesnt equate himself to it
If Jesus was
GOD, then why in John
20:17 did Jesus say, "I
ascend to my God and
your God? This tells us
that we and Jesus have a
common GOD.
Muslim: If Jesus was
GOD, then why in John
14:28 did Jesus say, "My
Father (GOD) is greater
than I"?
i just saw u are a muslim, discussing this issue with u will b futile.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Boomark(m): 3:35am On Oct 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: learn to read well please Jesus said "hear o isreal d lord our God..." only a stupid bible student will refuse to notice that Jesus was quote d shema from deut. And used d word as it was written. Jesus doesnt address God as our God he says "your God and my God". Please read well. JESUS created creation, he doesnt equate himself to it

We are not all Muslim. Please go ahead and explain "the Father is greater than I".

Also tell us why the Father is the God of our lord Jesus. There must be a reason for that. It is not just a statement. The apostles said it, Ephesians1:3, it appeared in revelations1:6 so wunt say it is because He is still on earth.
I will be glad to learn.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by tevinsolt: 3:53am On Oct 06, 2012
Boomark:

We are not all Muslim. Please go ahead and explain "the Father is greater than I".

Also tell us why the Father is the God of our lord Jesus. There must be a reason for that. It is not just a statement. The apostles said it, Ephesians1:3, it appeared in revelations1:6 so wunt say it is because He is still on earth.
I will be glad to learn.
like i said above Yahweh (God's personal name which was never mentioned in the Koran by a supposed "prophet"wink
is the God of all flesh.....so since Jesus had to become flesh he was subjected to every limitation of the average human. God never said explicitly that he is one person......another illustration is this (man landed on the moon but it doesn't mean it was you or i that landed on the moon) So the God head consist of three persons
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Ubenedictus(m): 3:53am On Oct 06, 2012
Boomark:

I will be glad to learn.
tevinslot did a good Job of explaining that point. If it isnt clear to you, ask for clarifications, i will readily oblige.
Thank u
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Madawaki01(m): 4:20am On Oct 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: learn to read well please Jesus said "hear o isreal d lord our God..." only a stupid bible student will refuse to notice that Jesus was quote d shema from deut. And used d word as it was written. Jesus doesnt address God as our God he says "your God and my God". Please read well. JESUS created creation, he doesnt equate himself to it
no answer to it,u carefully snub it........lolz
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Boomark(m): 4:29am On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt:

"our God is one lord" doesn't equate to One person. the answers lies in the bible.
Psalm 110:1 - A psalm. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.".....and notice this are from the old testament the root which Christianity and Islam came from
Daniel also recorded many of his visions in Daniel 7:13-14

As my vision continued that night, I saw someone like a son of man coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient One and was led into his presence.He was GIVEN authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

and this was many years before Jesus was born. and it is important to keep in mind God said, he is the I Am, and he will never share his glory with any man....so what does that make Jesus?

now to answer your questions.......the Bible says Yahweh is the God of all flesh......the word, which is Jesus became flesh and dwelt among men. when he prayed he was only communicating with God as he has always done before incarnation only now he has to pray because he is limited in nature just like any other human.
my God is greater than i, simply means God the father is higher than me in rank i am his son but coequal in essence

now my question to you op is ...God is love who was he loving before any creation?
well my answer is God is self sufficient, he deliberates withing himself cuz it says so in the bible.....what is your response to this?

How does ps110:1 show that our God is one?
Don't you notice any thing in Dan7, the reverence for the Ancient of Days. And that everything was GIVEN to the Son of man by the Ancient of Days. Don't just focus on what was given bt also who gave.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Image123(m): 11:47am On Oct 06, 2012
Deep Sight:
Now this is intellectual honesty!
What is intellectual honesty, anything that supports your notions? See for instance someone like "Boomark" the post above me, arguing against God being One! He says "How does ps110:1 show that our God is one?". If a 'Trinitarian' says God is Yahweh, him and his likes are likely to say God is not Yahweh, just for argument sake. i expect his noble dishonesty to edit his post though, whatever rocks ya boat. An intellectual should be intelligent enough to be stable in his thought process. If the Bible says the Lord our God is One, or One Lord as correctly rendered, then if you insist that there is only one God, by the same measure do insist that there is only one Lord, only one Saviour. This would ultimately make your ilk deny Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Jesus is Lord is in itself a statement of victory for the Trinity, because there is only one Lord, not two. There is only one Saviour, not two. It is only honesty that makes one to conclude that there is either an obvious mystery about the issue OR a obvious contradiction. It is dishonesty to sit on the fence on this, and be laying claims to what nobody said. i'd be a fool to consider that frosb and his cohorts would rationally discuss this post instead of giving a wave of hand comment since i discouraged him from letting copy and paste think for him.

seriallink: Come oh, who raised Jesus from the dead? If the answer is Jesus raised himself, then Jesus is God Almighty (Yahweh). But if Yahweh raised him from dead then they must be seperate entities!
The simple point of the Trinity is that God is in three persons, Blessed Trinity. Don't you know that nice hymn "Holy, Holy, Holy"? It's not the same person but Three persons. That God remains One is the mystery we're talking about. Succintly put, we can say that God raised Jesus Christ. Which of the persons in the Godhead, now that truly is not too clear. My answer is still God. Is it God the Father? Yes. Is it God the Son? i'll unpopularly say maybe. Is it God the Spirit? Yes. Consider these 4scriptures.
1. Act 13:30 But God raised him from the dead:
2. Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the deadwink
3. 1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
4. Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Was Jesus talking tongue in cheek when He said "In three days I will raise it up"? Should not He have said "In three days, God the Father will raise it up"?

How could God who cannot die, died for our sins? Wouldn't that mean that He actually never died but was playing trick on us? God doesn't lie, so, I guess there is absolutely no way He could have lied or pretended to have died for our sins when He is immortal!
This has been explained severally, i still expect it to be asked because you guys are not willing to learn. God became flesh, was manifest in flesh, humbled Himself and became a man so that He could die for our sins. There was no man found capable of an acceptable sacrifice, all man was/is corrupt, a spotless lamb was needed. Even the host of Heaven had given up on us, until God the Son, the Lion and the Lamb volunteered to die for us.
Eze 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

He had to become flesh to die for us.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Phi 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
The Word WAS God, but for 33years He became us, He became OBEDIENT to death, for US. If you can't appreciate that fact and the bolded, well you are O.Y.O
Besides, If man had eaten from the tree of life he would have been immortal, which was why God expelled him from the garden of Eden - Genesis 3:22 .

My point is Jesus couldn't have been 100% man & 100% God at the same time, because God cannot die! Hence, Jesus was 100% man, a perfect man who overcame sin & died so as to reconcile man to God! My opinion ~
That my friend is the mystery. it's for instance like a teacher or lecturer undergoing a course. No doubt, He may be a government approved and employed Teacher or Lecturer. But while undergoing his training or course, He is the student, ye it does not remove the fact that He is still a Teacher/Lecturer. i'm severally tired of the dishonesty of people on this forum.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Ubenedictus(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2012
Boomark:

Don't you notice any thing in Dan7, the reverence for the Ancient of Days. And that everything was GIVEN to the Son of man by the Ancient of Days. Don't just focus on what was given bt also who gave.
everything was given to the son, that is why d son said 'all the fada has is mine'. The fada also gave the son the fullness of the deity that is why the son is God.
Peace
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
@Image123

Excellent post up there, my brother. May the Lord bless you and establish you unshakable in His Ways.

Edited to correct grammatic error.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by haibe(m): 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
Image123:
What is intellectual honesty, anything that supports your notions? See for instance someone like "Boomark" the post above me, arguing against God being One! He says "How does ps110:1 show that our God is one?". If a 'Trinitarian' says God is Yahweh, him and his likes are likely to say God is not Yahweh, just for argument sake. i expect his noble dishonesty to edit his post though, whatever rocks ya boat. An intellectual should be intelligent enough to be stable in his thought process. If the Bible says the Lord our God is One, or One Lord as correctly rendered, then if you insist that there is only one God, by the same measure do insist that there is only one Lord, only one Saviour. This would ultimately make your ilk deny Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Jesus is Lord is in itself a statement of victory for the Trinity, because there is only one Lord, not two. There is only one Saviour, not two. It is only honesty that makes one to conclude that there is either an obvious mystery about the issue OR a obvious contradiction. It is dishonesty to sit on the fence on this, and be laying claims to what nobody said. i'd be a fool to consider that frosb and his cohorts would rationally discuss this post instead of giving a wave of hand comment since i discouraged him from letting copy and paste think for him.

The simple point of the Trinity is that God is in three persons, Blessed Trinity. Don't you know that nice hymn "Holy, Holy, Holy"? It's not the same person but Three persons. That God remains One is the mystery we're talking about. Succintly put, we can say that God raised Jesus Christ. Which of the persons in the Godhead, now that truly is not too clear. My answer is still God. Is it God the Father? Yes. Is it God the Son? i'll unpopularly say maybe. Is it God the Spirit? Yes. Consider these 4scriptures.
2. Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the deadwink
3. 1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
4. Joh 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Was Jesus talking tongue in cheek when He said "In three days I will raise it up"? Should not He have said "In three days, God the Father will raise it up"?

This has been explained severally, i still expect it to be asked because you guys are not willing to learn. God became flesh, was manifest in flesh, humbled Himself and became a man so that He could die for our sins. There was no man found capable of an acceptable sacrifice, all man was/is corrupt, a spotless lamb was needed. Even the host of Heaven had given up on us, until God the Son, the Lion and the Lamb volunteered to die for us.
Eze 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
Rev 5:2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
Rev 5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word WAS God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Phi 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
The Word WAS God, but for 33years He became us, He became OBEDIENT to death, for US. If you can't appreciate that fact and the bolded, well you are O.Y.O

That my friend is the mystery. it's for instance like a teacher or lecturer undergoing a course. No doubt, He may be a government approved and employed Teacher or Lecturer. But while undergoing his training or course, He is the student, ye it does not remove the fact that He is still a Teacher/Lecturer. i'm severally tired of the dishonesty of people on this forum.

Perfect bro, i see no reason why anyone will still not understand this beautiful post, i intended not to comment on any trinity topic again until i read this post but nevertheless am not going to be suprised if anyone still doubts the truth of the trinity because the bible has talked of people in the last days who will be ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

God bless u bro.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by ijawkid(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
Image123:

m.

You just debunked your own self with not being sure of who raised Jesus ........

The Galatians 1:1 u quoted specifically and directly tells us it was God the Father who raised Jesus up from d dead not God the Son.........

All u should have done is quietly find out what Jesus meant when he said ""destroy this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up""

But the trinity dogma led u to your blind conclusion...

You yourself Just confirmed that it was God the Father who raised Jesus up,not Jesus himself......

Let me direct your mind to an example similar to these in the bible.....

From the book of luke 8:48.....

Jesus in that verse is quoted as saying to the woman suffering from the flow of blood ""YOUR FAITH HAS MADE YOU WELL""...

Now the question is since the womans Faith made her well,was it the woman who healed herself??

NO ofcus is the answer.....rather it was power from God through. Christ that healed the woman because she had Faith as recorded in luke 8:46.......

Likewise,by his(Jesus) obedience as a human,he provided the moral basis for the Father(who ressurected him) to raise him from the dead,thus acknowledging Jesus as Gods son. Because of Jesus' faithful course of life,it could properly be said that Jesus himself was responsible for his ressurection,just as the Faith of that woman made her well.......

God the Father raised Jesus from d dead,not Jesus himself.......

Got it??...

We can boldly make the same claim if we've lived faithful lives on earth ........
.the bible
says he that is faithful right down to the end is the one that will be saved....

:::::You guys are still running away from the question if God can die......

Your answers are never compatible with the scriptures......

Why??

Because God cannot and has never died..........

Jesus died but Yahweh(God the Father never can die.....infact he cannot die)

3 Likes

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by ijawkid(m): 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
haibe:

Perfect bro, i see no reason why anyone will still not understand this beautiful post, i intended not to comment on any trinity topic again until i read this post but nevertheless am not going to be suprised if anyone still doubts the truth of the trinity because the bible has talked of people in the last days who will be ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

God bless u bro.

Oboy your stance on genesis 19:24 has been debunked...hope you went through my post...

For the fact you trinitarians cherry pick scriptures just to support your stance without reading through all the scriptures or rather allowing the bible explain itself shows how spurious the trinity dogma is....

Your prop for the evidence that Yahweh is the name of a triune Godhead has been flawed with scriptures......

The trinity will always continue to be false because it is false.....the scriptures will continue to explain itself and continue to debunk the trinity dogma.....

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by haibe(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
ijawkid:

Oboy your stance on genesis 19:24 has been debunked...hope you went through my post...

For the fact you trinitarians cherry pick scriptures just to support your stance without reading through all the scriptures or rather allowing the bible explain itself shows how spurious the trinity dogma is....

Your prop for the evidence that Yahweh is the name of a triune Godhead has been flawed with scriptures......

The trinity will always continue to be false because it is false.....the scriptures will continue to explain itself and continue to debunk the trinity dogma.....

Ok
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
For my brothers, the ones who have the Spirit of Christ,

10Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. 11You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned. Titus 3:10,11 NIV

Please, if you have not spoken with the people in this discussion before and you wish to help them, you're free to do so. If you have engaged them already, it may be wiser for you to devote your energies to other tasks. For instance, if there's a particular perspective you wish to share on the Trinity with your brethren, you could start a thread and invite us there. Of course, our enemies will come there too but we may be better off learning when to ignore them and pursue our own discussions and when to answer them.

However, let us not make common that which is sacred. May the Grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Image123:

Totally incoherent , contradictory and incomprehensible.

The simple point of the Trinity is that God is in three persons, Blessed Trinity. Don't you know that nice hymn "Holy, Holy, Holy"? It's not the same person but Three persons.

God is not 3 Persons, show me ONE scripture where GOD says he is THREE , yet there are thousands of scripture where God confirms his ONENESS.

God says He alone is the Almighty LORD
Isaiah 44:24 - Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am the LORD, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself

Here it is clear that God is the LORD and there is no other, there is no God besides Him There is none besides Him, He is the LORD, and there is no other.

Notice God did not say we alone are GOD , the moment you propagate the false doctrine of 3 gods, GOD becomes a WHAT and not a WHO.

Blasphemy !!

That God remains One is the mystery we're talking about.

Wrong.

The mystery is a mystery of godliness and not the mystery of the Godhead , so called.

And , mystery in the bible does not mean unknowable, it means being revealed , a truth which is or was hidden but is now being revealed. God is not in the secret society business like the catholics.

He wants us to know him.

" Without question, the mystery of godliness is great: he was revealed as a human, declared righteous by the Spirit, seen by angels, preached throughout the nations, believed in around the world, and taken up in glory." - 1 Timothy 3:16

In 16a , Paul talks about the mystery or hidden but now revealed truth as one of godliness , then in 16b he reveals or unlocks this mystery as follows :

- He ( Messiah ) was revealed as a human
- declared righteous by the Spirit , and by Spirit here we mean GOD
- Seen by angels
- Preached throughout the nations
- believed in around the world
- taken up in glory

This is the 'mystery' , the now unlocked truth , the revelation of Christ Jesus of whom the prophets and patriarchs prophesied will come and has now come.

It is no longer a mystery except of course for those who want to remain in darkness due to their love for tradition more than the love for truth.

Succintly put, we can say that God raised Jesus Christ. Which of the persons in the Godhead, now that truly is not too clear. My answer is still God. Is it God the Father? Yes. Is it God the Son? i'll unpopularly say maybe. Is it God the Spirit? Yes. Consider these 4scriptures.

Our GOD is not a GOD of ambiguity but one of Clarity.

Your statement above is a clear sign of uncertainty, unsureness and instability of position.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints - 1 Corinthians 14:33

How can GOD raise GOD from the dead, seeing that GOD cannot die and you say he is 1, if a part of him died that means GOD was 3/4 when Jesus died and therefore not a complete PERSON.

See the mess that this rubbish called the Trinity does to our God, first it denies him of his supreme oneness and then it proceeds to cut him up into many parts.

God cannot die he is immortal, and so his word says, to suggest otherwise is to misrepresent and lie about the word of God and the testimony God has given about himself.

"who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen." - 1 Timothy 6:16

God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ raised up his SON from the dead, if Jesus was GOD , why could he not do this by himself. If Jesus is Yahweh why did he not have the power in himself to raise himself from the dead.

The verses you quoted are proof, that the Father , the only ONE GOD , Yahweh or Jehovah , through his Spirit raised up JESUS from the dead declaring the Son's subordination and dependence on the Father.

Taking one scripture out of context to hastily come to the wrong conclusion is not best practice when deciphering the truths of scripture.

Jesus clearly stated that this command he received from the Father , in other words, it was the Father that will do this great work, this is enough evidence to prove that Jesus moved and had his being in God and depended on him for everything.

New International Version (©1984)
No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." - John 10:18

The lamb was indeed spotless because :

1. He was born through the Spirit of GOD without a natural father and so did not inherit the nature of the first Adam
2. He lived a perfectly sinless life in obedience to the father.

He was not a spotless lamb because he was GOD but for the 2 reasons mentioned above.

By the way , God the Son is found nowhere in scripture, rather the more common phrases used are ' Son of GOD' or ' Son of MAN '.

Your analysis is flawed and not based on scripture but on the imaginations and reasonings of MEN.

But there was a MAN who eventually was found to be worthy, the LAMB of GOD.

Oh by the way GOD is not of the tribe of JUDAH and neither is he of the ROOT of David, Jesus is.

The Word came from GOD and manifested into FLESH , the WORD was not YAHWEH , for Yahweh was on his Throne directing through his Spirit all these events.

In Christ was the purpose and will of GOD throughout the ages, that is to say God's word come TRUE.

It is a known fact that this is an incorrect translation which was heavily biased in favour of the Trinitarian scholars at the time.

90% of other more reliable bible versions, translate it thus :
By common confession, the secret of our godly worship is great: In flesh was he revealed to sight, kept righteous by the Spirit's might, adored by angels singing. To nations was he manifest, believing souls found peace and rest, our Lord in heaven reigning!

Fail again.

Jesus Christ , the WORD of GOD made manifest in the flesh acted in direct contrast to natural MAN and became a servant for the obedience to the FATHER unto death and for our benefit.

Foul.

It is no longer a mystery, it is only a mystery to the deceived and deceivers.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by tevinsolt: 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
Boomark:

it shows that a son man is being honored... clearly without a second thought we all know this is referring to Jesus. Jesus's body was resurrected, he still has his body, that's why he is being referred to as the man that will judge all men after the end of time.

Jesus speaking - And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. that was the event Daniel most likely saw.

psalms shows you that a lord was saying to another lord, it doesn't require much sweat to understand that
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
We all are Gods
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt:

Jesus speaking - And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. that was the event Daniel most likely saw.

psalms shows you that a lord was saying to another lord, it doesn't require much sweat to understand that

This is the glory that God had prepared for his Son before the World began.

This is bible talk and can be seen with other statements such as :

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved -(Ephesians 1:3-6 ESV)

or about Christ

He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake - 1 Peter 1:20

This is simply prophetic bible style.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ihedinobi: For my brothers, the ones who have the Spirit of Christ,

10Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. 11You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned. Titus 3:10,11 NIV

Please, if you have not spoken with the people in this discussion before and you wish to help them, you're free to do so. If you have engaged them already, it may be wiser for you to devote your energies to other tasks. For instance, if there's a particular perspective you wish to share on the Trinity with your brethren, you could start a thread and invite us there. Of course, our enemies will come there too but we may be better off learning when to ignore them and pursue our own discussions and when to answer them.

However, let us not make common that which is sacred. May the Grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

This applies more to you than anyone else here, you use threats , insults and outright rudeness to threaten all those who reject your Pagan Trinitarian concept of GOD, sorry Sir we reject it again and again, it is of antichrist and not of GOD.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by brainpulse: 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hi all,

To give us proper understanding of this issued that has suffered immense debate i would want us to answer this critical questions before i post a write-up from some-one.

1. When God( we all agree that God is spirit) and the angels visited Abraham, in what form did He visit Abraham (this question is trickish)? He also ate and do things like Human being. Then Can we say its is illogical, difficult for God, impossible for God to come down in the same nature and experience everything as of man for a purpose as the one Christ did?

2. The bible concisely recorded that in the eve of the day, God will come down and fellowship with adam ( i believe talk, and also do things like man with him, properbly laugh and talk) in what nature since God is a spirit will Adam ( man of 100%) see God,dinned with him? So if God could do likewise in those form then is it possible to do the same for any purpose).

3. The bible recorded in Daniel 3:25-28, When daniel's friend were put into the furnace of fire. The king recorded that The fourth image was like the Image of the SON OF GOD even when Jesus christ had not be birthed or His mother and Father were birthed. What misery is this? And this has defiled "LOGIC" Then can we say He had already exited before His death and only waiting for time (we are also going to be debating on this). If a man had exited before his birth that means is death is a formalty for a devine purpose. He also said no one can take His life if He had not laid it down? Then if God can allow this that defiles LOGIC then is anything impossible for him even if it will defile LOGIC?
Thanks all as we enjoy this heat.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
brainpulse: Hi all,

To give us proper understanding of this issued that has suffered immense debate i would want us to answer this critical questions before i post a write-up from some-one.

1. When God( we all agree that God is spirit) and the angels visited Abraham, in what form did He visit Abraham (this question is trickish)? He also ate and do things like Human being. Then Can we say its is illogical, difficult for God, impossible for God to come down in the same nature and experience everything as of man for a purpose as the one Christ did?

God did not himself come down , he imbued authority on his angels and sent them.

Normally angels came , sometimes even referred to as Yahweh, not because they were God but because he gave them 100% authority.

Example :
20 "Now get yourselves ready. I'm sending my Angel ahead of you to guard you in your travels, to lead you to the place that I've prepared. 21 Pay close attention to him. Obey him. Don't go against him. He won't put up with your rebellions because he's acting on my authority. 22 But if you obey him and do everything I tell you, I'll be an enemy to your enemies, I'll fight those who fight you - Exodus 23:20-33

2. The bible concisely recorded that in the eve of the day, God will come down and fellowship with adam ( i believe talk, and also do things like man with him, properbly laugh and talk) in what nature since God is a spirit will Adam ( man of 100%) see God,dinned with him? So if God could do likewise in those form then is it possible to do the same for any purpose).

God fellowshiped with ADAM in his sinless state , when Adam sinned it was all over.

3. The bible recorded in Daniel 3:25-28, When daniel's friend were put into the furnace of fire. The king recorded that The fourth image was like the Image of the SON OF GOD even when Jesus christ had not be birthed or His mother and Father were birthed. What misery is this? And this has defiled "LOGIC" Then can we say He had already exited before His death and only waiting for time (we are also going to be debating on this). If a man had exited before his birth that means is death is a formalty for a devine purpose. He also said no one can take His life if He had not laid it down? Then if God can allow this that defiles LOGIC then is anything impossible for him even if it will defile LOGIC?

Angels are referred to as Sons of GOD, it was an angel not Christ.

And he said 'like unto the ' not 'the'.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by tevinsolt: 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
frosbel:

This is the glory that God had prepared for his Son before the World began.

This is bible talk and can be seen with other statements such as :

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved -(Ephesians 1:3-6 ESV)

or about Christ

He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake - 1 Peter 1:20

This is simply prophetic bible style.

well then you would have to explain to me why God said he is the lord and he will never share his glory with any man.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
tevinsolt:

well then you would have to explain to me why God said he is the lord and he will never share his glory with any man.

he glorifies MAN , which is different to saying that he shares his GLORY with MAN.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by tevinsolt: 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2012
frosbel:

he glorifies MAN , which is different to saying that he shares his GLORY with MAN.
hmmmm a man that all nations would worship?
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Image123(m): 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ihedinobi: @Image123

Excellent post up there, my brother. May the Lord bless you and establish you without unshakable in His Ways.
amen sir, thanks.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Image123:
amen sir, thanks.

waiting for your reply ! cheesy
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Image123(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
haibe:

God bless u bro.
amen sir, thanks too.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Image123(m): 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
frosbel:

waiting for your reply ! cheesy
I'm sure you're not.
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2012
Image123:
I'm sure you're not.

grin grin grin
Re: Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions by Boomark(m): 4:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
Image123:

I know what am doing. I asked him a question. I want to know how according to ps110:1, the Son sitting at the right hand of the Father made them One God. Cos i can't use what is out of context to show that God is one.

Now for those clapping for image123 for his hasty conclusion and shouting 'perfect', on jn2:19-21. We all know that the Father raised Jesus from the dead. And he is trying to tell us that Jesus raised Himself from the dead. Therefore He is the same person as the Father. I wonder what is the actual definition of trinity.

Let me explain it to you because you refuse to pay attention to v21. 'The temple is in His body'.

Read this:
jn12:6-8
6 But i tell you that some thing greater than the temple is here....8 For Lord of the Sabbath is what the Son of man is.
I hope you know that Christ is our High priest. When He came, everything the priest and phareseas were doing in the temple matters no more cos the High priest has come. He controls everything in the temple of God as the High priest.

See what happened. In three days God raised Him from dead and He in turned raised the temple for God as the High priest just as it is the work of the priest, Levites etc to raise/build a temple for God. He is our High priest in service to God. Read your Hebrew well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funny Religious Comics / Why Atheist Are Always Found On Religion Section / What You Should Do Everyday As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 229
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.