Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Does God Approve Dating? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Approve Dating? (8651 Views)

Does God Approve Dating? / Does God Favor Some People Over Others? / How Does God Talk to People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2011
Does God approve two unmarried fellows dating?
Down to extents of Kissing and Romancing, are they all enacted in the 'Dos' of the creator?!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by owo2390(m): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2011
How do we know if it's approved by God?

If the issue isn't covered by the Bible!!!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Ekpoma1: 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2011
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by MzOutside(f): 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2011
I can only speak as a muslim that we only allow dating as long there is
a third party ( i.e the girl accompined by her brother for example) and there
is only discussions. After a few dates, they can either decide to go their own ways
or commit further by getting married. As we dont allow boyfriends/girlfriends smiley
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2011
^ Interesting undecided

owo2390:

How do we know if it's approved by God?

If the issue isn't covered by the Bible!!!

Yeah, i was tinkin bout Joseph n Mary undecided undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Atreides(f): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2011
We-eeell

I think HE does.
I mean,we have to get married,right?
How are we gonna get married if we don't date?

So yes,God approves of dating,but He doesn't approve of ALL types of dating.

The way i see it,He only approves of dating geared towards marriage,i.e courtship.

And not just any type of courtship,but chaste courtship i.e no sex,no almost-sex,but i don't think kissing's bad-i mean you gotta see whether you've got chemistry with someone,right?

So in a nutshell,i think God only approves of Celibate Courtship.

1 Like

Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2011
God approves dating!! 100% Read the songs of solomon.

The thing is this.Not everything however good or right is spiritual.Its like eating!Its just natural not spiritual! God doesn't says eat a balanced diet but he tells you to take care of the body. How? use the brain he gave you.

The same thing with dating.Its natural not spiritual! Its always good to be spiritually natural and naturally spiritual.
Marriage is talked about in Bible but you cannot marry without dating(even though it happens in some societies).
How you end up marrying? Use the brain Hr gave you.We cant keep pestering God with small lil things all the time.
Talk about sex.God approves sex in marriage but he doesn't tell you how,when and where to do it. Just do it!
How you do it is not his biz. On the tree or under the table he doesn't give a damn!He's more concerned about the stability of that marriage.

God's view on dating is simple.Date the right person at the right time for the right reason.
God is very balanced. Not an extremist like us!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2011
Well, I wont answer a YES or NO, because it was not clearly stated in the scriptures. But if you have to marry someone, you have to date 'em first! Where you'll have to be on check is being in a compromising situation with the person that you are dating, which could now lead to what God actually disapproves. . . .  PRE MARITAL SEX!

Combine this with what atriedes said, and you have YOUR ANSWER!
@Atriedes, who are you? We think alike sorry!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Atreides(f): 7:56pm On Jul 24, 2011
grin grin grin
I yam me!
Or at least i was,last time i checked!
Who are you?

And yes,i have noticed that we seem to have the same views on some things.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 7:59pm On Jul 24, 2011
@op
you talked about kissing and stuff.
If you profess christianity then you must measure up or just let it be.It means you have chosen to abide by the laws/word of God.
There is no compromise there.Dont be lukewarm or hypocritical.(its worse than the non believer).

The kissing and the rest is not bad,But as a believer your body is the temple of God and should not be defiled by pre-intimacy.
That is God's word not mine. We all know the purpose of pre-intimacy.So why light a fire you cannot quench?
There's was a thread here the other day about men complaining about women who engage them in pre-intimacy,then refuse to go all the way.
They said it hurts them physically.
So when you are doing it ask yourself what the purpose is because today you kiss,tomorrow you want to take it further and lower until you give in.
So just to avoid falling into temptation stay safe and avoid pre-intimacy.Ordinary kiss is okay but pre-intimacy is something else.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2011
Atreides:

grin grin grin
I yam me!
Or at least i was,last time i checked!
Who are you?

And yes,i have noticed that we seem to have the same views on some things.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Pweety4me(f): 8:03pm On Jul 24, 2011
^^Leave ha tongue
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2011
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2011
Pweety4me:

^^Leave ha tongue
HELL NO! undecided Atleast until she says so! tongue
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2011
@Poster: God has absolutely no role to play in human relationships. Even people who believe in a deity called God will recognize that God is too busy doing much more important things wherever he is than to concern him/her self with whether a human being kisses or sleeps with a fellow human being. There is no such thing as a universal "Do's" and "Don'ts" list, our morality is determined by our own individual socio-cultural values. Religion has no role to play in morality, and we will be the most miserable of all men if we rely on  religion to tell us how to be moral. Human beings do not need any approval from a deity in order to perform a basic human trait of procreation!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2011
claremont:

@Poster: God has absolutely no role to play in human relationships. Even people who believe in a deity called God will recognize that God is too busy doing much more important things wherever he is than to concern him/her self with whether a human being kisses or sleeps with a fellow human being. There is no such thing as a universal "Do's" and "Don'ts" list, our morality is determined by our own individual socio-cultural values. Religion has no role to play in morality, and we will be the most miserable of all men if we rely on  religion to tell us how to be moral. Human beings do not need any approval from a deity in order to perform a basic human trait of procreation!
You believe there is NO GOD! Kindly POCKET THAT IDEOLOGY and Explain How a "PERSONALITY" could have ever evolved from the "IMPERSONAL"? undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by BABE3: 8:23pm On Jul 24, 2011
omo_to_dun:

This thread is a perfect example of why Nigeria will NEVER progress. God this, God that. Abeg leave the Man alone and live your life. Nigerians are a quintessential example of a people who bother God for every single thing. Exam is coming tomorrow: Pray for 23 hours and 59 minutes and cram for 1 minute. Looking for a spouse: go to your Pastor and fast and pray till menopause and/or gray hair comes. Want better leaders: pray to God day and night. Ṣiọ, ibẹ lẹma kusi.

LOL--- Classic!

@Topic: Good question. Yes, God approves dating (so far you ain't fornicating). How do I know this? I'm his child. smiley
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Atreides(f): 8:25pm On Jul 24, 2011
sexkillz:

I'm online @ YIM now! could we meet? my id is on my profile smiley
I haff added you!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Atreides(f): 8:28pm On Jul 24, 2011
claremont:

@Poster: God has absolutely no role to play in human relationships. Even people who believe in a deity called God will recognize that God is too busy doing much more important things wherever he is than to concern him/her self with whether a human being kisses or sleeps with a fellow human being. There is no such thing as a universal "Do's" and "Don'ts" list, our morality is determined by our own individual socio-cultural values. Religion has no role to play in morality, and we will be the most miserable of all men if we rely on religion to tell us how to be moral. Human beings do not need any approval from a deity in order to perform a basic human trait of procreation!
But why are you saying this thing like it's a fact?
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2011
grin grin grin @ omo

Stressing God : 'Exam is coming tomorrow: Pray for 23 hours and 59 minutes and cram for 1 minute. Looking for a spouse: go to your Pastor and fast and pray till menopause and/or gray hair comes.'

grin grin grin grin grin grin
ooh my ribs !!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by fxpro1: 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2011
What is this section turning into??Religious section??
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2011
Atreides:

But why are you saying this thing like it's a fact?
It is indeed a well documented and researched fact, not an opinion.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by fxpro1: 8:32pm On Jul 24, 2011
What is this section turning into??Religious section??
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2011
claremont:

By who CLAREMONT? BY WHO? Why do atheists insist WE need to provide "Original" claims, beliefs, statements, arguments, (etc.) when THEY all sling the same old crap that's been passed from atheist generation to atheist generation? undecided Gimme some answers Boo!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Atreides(f): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2011
claremont:

claremont:

Researched and documented by who?

That you so confidently say it is a fact does not make it one.
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2011
claremont:

@Poster: God has absolutely no role to play in human relationships. Even people who believe in a deity called God will recognize that God is too busy doing much more important things wherever he is than to concern him/her self with whether a human being kisses or sleeps with a fellow human being.
Claremont, Have you seen GOD? Do you BELIEVE IN GOD? NO YOU DONT!!! So How tha F*^K do you know GOD so WELL that you can utter such GIBBERISH? Gimme some ANSWERS Boo! undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by claremont(m): 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2011
sexkillz:

By who CLAREMONT? BY WHO? Why do atheists insist WE need to provide "Original" claims, beliefs, statements, arguments, (etc.) when THEY all sling the same old crap that's been passed from atheist generation to atheist generation? undecided Gimme some answers Boo!
Atreides:

Researched and documented by who?
That you so confidently say it is a fact does not make it one.
Do you guys honestly want me to provide research papers to back up research that is widely available on the Internet?! The information you require has been widely published on the information super highway, it beggars belief why you now want me to provide links to information you can simply get from Google!
--It is a well recognized fact that there are no universal sign posts of morality, and that moral norms vary from one society to another, it doesn't take an intellect of a rocket scientist to recognise that!
--It is a well documented fact that there are much more important issues in the world today for "God" to deal with than to concern himself with whether "Peter" kisses/sleeps with "Mary" before marriage; and if God chooses to ignore poverty, disease, and genocides, but rather chooses to concern himself with trivial issues, then what does that tell us about a supposedly "loving" God?!

1 Like

Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2011
ouch ouch ouch undecided
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2011
CLAREMONT!
Did you make further research to back those claims? Or do you just BELIEVE every thing you read on the internet, just because you believe it is an "information super highway"?
Why do atheists only accept “scientific evidence” selectively based on whether or not they think it works in their favor?
Now, that being the case,
What is logic?

What is truth?

Whose truth is right?

Whose logic is right?

And how do you determine who's logic/truth is right?

Still have not answered my earlier questions:
Explain How a "PERSONALITY" could have ever evolved from the "IMPERSONAL"?

Have you seen GOD? Do you BELIEVE IN GOD? NO YOU DONT!!! So How tha F*^K do you know GOD so WELL that you can utter such GIBBERISH?
Hit me up with some answers Boo! undecided WAITING!!!
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2011
claremont:

@Clare, am finding it hard to believe evry of the word that u jxt spoke!!

In other words, i think Atriedes, Sexkillz n Pendo has provided me with the answer am seeking for!
Expecially Pendo, she got me wondering if i was entertaining a Female pastor in the thread! grin
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by clementcro(m): 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2011
@pendo89, let me tell you, you are a talent in this generation, I always support your comment on marriage/relationship issues, you have said it all, infact you are supposed to be a "relationship motivational speaker" or "relationship/marriage counsellor", lol, however, you have nt sent me the stuf i asked you , you can still snd it to my mail, clementcrownrise@yahoo.com, cheers
Re: Does God Approve Dating? by pendo89(f): 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2011
Thank you fr the compliment.However am not a speaker or anything.Far from it.
I am just a person who believes that experience is the best teacher.If you have not experienced anything please learn from those who have .
If you are too choosy you miss out on learning.That is why am here to learn too.
There are serious people here with serious advise on life's issues.
Chew the meat and throw the bones is my motto
The address mmh keep it there.I noted.I will respond at the right time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Church Structure & Sole Authority Pastors / I Want To Know About MFM / She Lost Her Husband & Her 5 Children In A Day And She Can't Give Birth Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.