Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight (9162 Views)

Anti-corruption Fight: Only Corrupt People Afraid of PMB - Kashamu / Dasuki: Buhari On A Revenge Mission With Corruption Fight – Fayose / African Union Taps Buhari To Lead Anti-corruption Fight In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by gabriel212: 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
[Tinubu did not tells you He was invited by Obama but the PARTY. read his message carefully
As much as I hate ACN with passion,I feel the president should apologise.

Less I forget,Tinubu has not apologised for lying to us that Obama invited him SPECIALLY to the democratic convection.
Tinubu is not any different from goodluck,infact he is worse.

[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by garripack: 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
LocalChamp: 'Apologize for Misleading Nigerians on Anti-Corruption Fight,’ ACN Tells President Jonathan

Posted: October 3, 2012 - 04:11

By SaharaReporters, New York
The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has asked President Goodluck Jonathan to apologize unreservedly to Nigerians for misleading them on the blunder concerning the alleged positive rating given to the country by the global anti-corruption body, Transparency International.

In a statement issued in Lagos today by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, ACN expressed shock and sadness that the President of Africa's most populous nation and the continent's second largest economy can make such a frivolous claim on an issue of global concern as corruption.

''Transparency International has denied claims by President Jonathan, in his 52nd independence anniversary speech on Monday, that the global body has rated Nigeria as the second most improved country in the fight against corruption,'' the statement said, noting that the ACN’s demand for an apology came after it saw a copy of Transparency International's response to inquiries on the President's claim.

“Transparency International does not have a recent rating or report that places Nigeria as the second most improved country in the fight against corruption,” the body said in response to enquiry by Premium Times.

''In the 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index, which measures perceived levels of public sector corruption, Nigeria scored 2.4 on a scale where 0 means highly corrupt and 10 means very clean. It was ranked 143 out of 183 countries.”

ACN said that in addition to apologizing to all Nigerians for the embarrassment, the President must immediately kick-start an investigation into the source of a claim that has exposed his Administration and the entire country to global ridicule.

Furthermore, the President, who was apparently trying to showcase the 'achievements' of his administration in the fight against corruption, has now raised doubts about the authenticity of other claims he made in the anniversary speech, the party noted.

It said: ''Among other claims, the President had said that real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) grew by 7.1 per cent on average; that his Administration's Investment Climate Reform Programme has helped to attract over N6.8 trillion local and foreign direct investment commitments, and that Nigeria is ranked first in the top 5 host economies for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inAfrica, accounting for over 20 per cent of total FDI flows into the continent.”

It stated that in view of the fact that the President's claim of positive rating for Nigeria in the anti-corruption fight has been debunked, it is logical for Nigerians to doubt the truth in the other claims, and indeed in the entire speech.

“This is very sad for the Jonathan Administration, because if the bond of trust between the government and its citizens is broken, the government's credibility suffers and, without credibility, any government is not worth its name,'' ACN said.

The party said if the President fails to act quickly to unearth the source of such a spurious claim and ensure it does not recur, he risks a bigger embarrassment from officials who may want to tweak facts and figures to justify their positions.

''In the end, the responsibility for any inaccuracy in any speech by the President rests squarely on his shoulders,'' it said.

It would be recalled that during a worship service at the National Christian Centre in Abuja on Sunday, President Jonathan attracted widespread mockery and laughter when he said that he is almost second to none in combatting corruption.

“Our commitment to the fight against corruption is second to that of America’s commitment,” he told the shocked congregation. “We are very commitment to it and everybody knows.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/%E2%80%98apologize-misleading-nigerians-anti-corruption-fight%E2%80%99-acn-tells-president-jonathan

FIRST OFF ALL ACN ARE JUST BEING POLITICAL AND TRYIING TO FIND FAULT IN MR PRESIDENT
SECOND: I MY SELF THINKS THE ACN GORVENMENT AREWORST IN THE TERMS OF CORRUPTION SO THEY SHOULD ALSO APPOLOGISE TO NIGERIANS AND STOP THIS POLITICAL HYPOCRITE

THIRD: THE JOHNATAN GORVENMENT IS TO BE BLAMED FOR THEIR INCAPABILITY TO HANDLE NATIONAL MATTERS

FOURTH: MR PRESIDENT HAS PROVEN HIMSELF TO BE INCAPABLE TO THE COUNTRY AND TO THE OPPOSITION PARTY HEREBY REVEALING IS INCAPABILITY HAS HIS WEAKNESS.

FIFTH: ABOUT BATTLING CORRUPTION II FILL NIGERIA IS THE MOST CORRUPT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AND THE PDP GOVERNMENT RE CRIMINALS AND ALL OFF THEM NIDS TO BE FULSED OUT
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by psmile(m): 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
Anyway,nigerians knw wats up.we aint deceived,but would CAN have done better?
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by Demdem(m): 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
Abujafood: So GEJ should apologise to Nigerians that way making him admit his folly! ACN is this a political point you want to score or do you love Nigerians so much that you believe they deserve this apology?

Let's not forget that your strong Man - Tinubu who criticised Jonathan's Power Reforms Program is among those justling to acquire a major power plant in the south west!

Ffuck ACN. who cares if they exist or not. Am a Nigerian that listened to the President's speech and now av realized that the retardeen deceived me from his speech. He had earlier told me on Live TV that he doesnt give a damn.
I demand an apology from the retardeen. angry angry

Of cos i know he wont, retardeens dont
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
Our politrickcians are pathetic. They thought they can just mumble any statistics from the sky in order to cover up for their years of incompetency. They alwz think Nigerians are dumb,thus lying to them like they are kindergertin who dont know nothing. They kept on ridiculing,disgracing and embarassing themselves in the international community. I dont blame their script writers who wil ever want to impress their bosses by writing achievements that only exist in their dreams,i blame the dubious,insincere leaders who read these speeches knowing that it's all unfounded. Again,the credibility of our national leaders continue to be battered everyday in the international community. We cry wolf when other nations treat us with utmost disrespect,scorn and abandonment. Shame
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by nagoma(m): 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
inspirenet:

What difference would it make if he apologizes?

He sat down and faced 160 million Nigerians and told them what is untrue and deceptive. This is worse than water gate and if you remember Nixon resigned. An apology is fundamental even before the impeechment process begins.
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by Okontami: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
Tell Tinubu to apologise for lying to Nigerians first on his invitation by Obama
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by earthgreeners(m): 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2012
Okontami: Tell Tinubu to apologise for lying to Nigerians first on his invitation by Obama

Tinubu is not a political office holder. therefore, he owes nobody an apology.....................

1 Like

Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by airwick500: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
Its not in our character to apologise..neither is it for a public official to resign over incompetence..in other climes, some of the president's media aides would already be searching for new jobs by now...where is integrity, u may ask
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by sindyko(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
Dis is so embarrasin 4 a so cal head of country to claim wat his administratiön hasn't achievement to delude citizenry. What a Bleep, liein wen ur propaganda n't goin to b conceal. Though, neither pdp nor acn are trustworthy, unfortunately dats means u're deceitin us good one from u (bomb)
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by Elueme: 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2012
These ACN buffoons are day dreamers... Lai Mohammed should tender an apology on behalf of his party for heating up the polity.. I don't understand what this regional political party thinks of themselves.. Still thinking
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by fitzmayowa: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2012
Slip of tongue oga jona alias ret*rden actually meant second most corrupt country * SMH *
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by Demdem(m): 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
Elueme: These ACN buffoons are day dreamers... Lai Mohammed should tender an apology on behalf of his party for heating up the polity.. I don't understand what this regional political party thinks of themselves.. Still thinking

How? Oga, the Retardeen's deception on Live TV is Hotter.
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by ouagadougou(m): 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
tjskii: So will his apology put food on my table or fuel in my car,mmsscheeww bunch of miscreants angry

Well, looks like you're ready to be deceived and misled forever. grin
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by trappatoni(m): 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
whether you're a christian or muslim,definitely you know the importance of your utterances.our president should have gotten his facts right before coming on air.but i dont really blame him even if he is a truthful person belonging to that party is like being infected with the virus of deception.
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by soicyboi1(m): 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
YAWWN.......SAME OLD SHYTE...JUST A DIFFERENT DAY........keeping it ICY...
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by nkemKalu: 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
OH MA GOODNESS.......THIS PRESIDENT IS REALLY OUT OF TUNE WITH THE REALITY ON GROUND AND HE HAS EVEN RESORTED TO CHEAP LIES. WHAT A BLUNDER? DOES HE THINK WE ARE ALL FOOLS THAT CANNOT CHECK OUT FACTS?......TODAY IT IS SIX YEAR SINGLE TENURE, TOMORROW IT WILL BE FUEL SUBSIDY, NEXT IT WILL BE N5,000 NOTE, ANOTHER DAY IT WILL BE HOW NIGERIA HAS BECOME THE MOST ROBUST ECONOMY IN THE WORLD, ANOTHER DAY....OBAMA IS PRAISING HIM AS THE BEST PRESIDENT IN AFRICA AND WORLD......NA....WAOOOOOOOOO. IMAGINE OBAMA TELLING AMERICANS SUCH BLATANT LIES......HE SHOULD BE RESIGNING FROM WHITE HOUSE BY NOW....ABI NA LIE I DEY TALK FELLOW COUNTRYMEN AND PEOPLE ARE HERE DEFENDING RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by Soulcaine(m): 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
garripack:

FIRST OFF ALL ACN ARE JUST BEING POLITICAL AND TRYIING TO FIND FAULT IN MR PRESIDENT
SECOND: I MY SELF THINKS THE ACN GORVENMENT AREWORST IN THE TERMS OF CORRUPTION SO THEY SHOULD ALSO APPOLOGISE TO NIGERIANS AND STOP THIS POLITICAL HYPOCRITE

THIRD: THE JOHNATAN GORVENMENT IS TO BE BLAMED FOR THEIR INCAPABILITY TO HANDLE NATIONAL MATTERS

FOURTH: MR PRESIDENT HAS PROVEN HIMSELF TO BE INCAPABLE TO THE COUNTRY AND TO THE OPPOSITION PARTY HEREBY REVEALING IS INCAPABILITY HAS HIS WEAKNESS.

FIFTH: ABOUT BATTLING CORRUPTION II FILL NIGERIA IS THE MOST CORRUPT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AND THE PDP GOVERNMENT RE CRIMINALS AND ALL OFF THEM NIDS TO BE FULSED OUT

errmm boss, pls could you type your comment in english?
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by franchizy(m): 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
The nagging as well as the challenging questions are these
(1) Will this exchange of Blames and Accusations bring rays of light in the midst of our predicaments
(2) Is it true that at the end one party will be left blameless and the other blameworthy

Here u r entitled to your own opinion but the God who created us cannot save us witout us
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by trappatoni(m): 4:39pm On Oct 03, 2012
elueme please grow up
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by Elueme: 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
Very unfortunate that some have chosen to fall to ACN's derailing tactics as usual. I will still educate us on the need to stop acting on people's opinion on issues especially as it relates to governance because a whole lot of peeps on this forum are partisan and biased.. I still stand my ground on this issue that the president didn't commit an intentional fallacy but rather this issue is subject to both the interpretation of the president's statement and intention. However said, the ACN which has been notorious for their double standard has decided as a party to derail the nation on a mere interpretational issue... I would have suggested the ACN concentrate on delivering on the dividends of democracy in the states they are governing and improve on their abysmal failure as vividly seen in Ekiti, Ogun, Oyo and Osun rather than capitalizing and using machine gun to kill a fly..
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by trappatoni(m): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
this is not about ACN or politics, its about a president's speech and we really need to tackle the issue of corruption in this great country.how else do you want me to explain this
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by banki(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
k2039: As much as I hate ACN with passion,I feel the president should apologise.

Less I forget,Tinubu has not apologised for lying to us that Obama invited him SPECIALLY to the democratic convection.
Tinubu is not any different from goodluck,infact he is worse.

Tinubu is not the president of nigeria, he is the leader of the opposition it is not a federal appointment neither is he accountable to the public, he is accountable to members of his party and his party supporters,

Tinubu has not come out to say he wants to be president of Nigeria either lets talk issues and not personalities, lets talk of unemployment lets talk of insecurity lets talk of food security lets talk of real issues, lets talk of power distribution and generation, lets talk of power now so far so bad

Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by chucky234(m): 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
earthgreeners:

Action Congress of Nigeria,
The best political party in Nigeria. atleast for now
Not now,not ever because we don't have a single political party in Nigeria except for those fraternity called parties.
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by SOHKAHTOA: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2012
ACN is a party of fuckards seeking bleeping attention to the reprieve of their bloody lying leader with a big eye balls.. They are in the business of seeking attention and wanting to be in the news.. Their regular trademarks
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2012
Okontami: Tell Tinubu to apologise for lying to Nigerians first on his invitation by Obama

Is Tinubu an office holder? I can say in my private capacity that I am the Prince of Monaco,

2 Likes

Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
Why can't we Nigerians do our own research? The President was right. Here are the facts.

Comparing the Corruption Perception Indexes for:

2001 - http://archive.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2001

and

2011 - http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2011/results/

Bangladesh was the most improved country in fighting corruption with a jump from 0.4 to 2.7 (2.3 improvement), and Nigeria was 2nd with a jump from 1.0 to 2.4 (1.4 improvement). President Jonathan said, “Nigeria is the second most improved country in the effort to curb corruption” and the country’s Ministry of Information explained that the claim was based, “on the survey of global corruption perceptions for 2011 versus 2001”.

Based on the above, the President was technically right, as Nigeria was the 2nd most improved country in the CPIs for 2011 and 2001 compared.

http://wikicolumn.com/news/was-nigerian-president-right-on-his-transparency-international-claim-42
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by SOHKAHTOA: 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2012
Demdem:

Ffuck ACN. who cares if they exist or not. Am a Nigerian that listened to the President's speech and now av realized that the retardeen deceived me from his speech. He had earlier told me on Live TV that he doesnt give a damn.
I demand an apology from the retardeen. angry angry

Of cos i know he wont, retardeens dont
since you know he won't why strain your phalanges to type these rubbish.. You are indeed hypocritical
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by k2039: 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
earthgreeners:

Tinubu did not at anytime stated that Obama invited him...therefore, STFU

[size=13pt]You are the dumbest person I ever met,fool.
[/size]

The party urged the opposition party to “rise beyond roadside sophistry and accept that the party and Tinubu traded on fraudulent claims when they lied to Nigerians that he was sent a gold card invitation by the Democratic Party to attend its recent national convention.”
The PDP also advised the ACN to apologise to Nigerians for embarrassing the country and for bringing it to ridicule before a foreign political party.

A USA based media outfit just reported that contrary to Bola Tinubu's claim that he was invited by Obama for the Democratic Party Convention, that he paid $5000 to obtain a generic invitation. The invitation was given to everyone who donated more than $5,000 to the Obama campaign the source disclosed.

https://www.nairaland.com/1041969/tinubu-lied-obama-invitation-democratic

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-asks-acn-to-accept-that-tinubu-lied/124833/

https://www.google.com.ng/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=1&tok=auGaJDlzhYsk_sl1NS10DA&pq=ja%20tinubu&cp=11&gs_id=2ks&xhr=t&q=tinubu+lied&pf=p&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&oq=tinubu+lied&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=eb86cadd65ca3479&biw=1366&bih=639
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
And it is someone that helped him write that speech ooo. If I was GEJ I'll sack the person and employ someone else. The president is passing us false information. Na wa ooo.
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by PEREP: 6:15pm On Oct 03, 2012
earthgreeners:

give them first and lets see how it goes...we are just tired of d taboo called PDP

The ones they have, what are they doing with it?

Fashola in a Lagos where 98% are foreigners and have no time of challenging many of his Anti people policies. Land and properties is the oil of Lagos and you will be amazed the paltry target given to the company in charge of collecting the Land Use charge so that more money will be available for sharing.
It is in Lagos that Doctors will have a dispute with the govt and they will be sacked for requesting their right. I can't stop wondering whay they will do with the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Amosun in Ogun State with almost two years with promises upon promises

Osun state with a governor who decided to appoint Commissioners, HOS among others after 2 full years in office without a single bark from the House of Assembly.

Oyo state and Ekiti State governors speaking English and travelling all over the place.

Edo State governor have been seen to have a mind of his own and mostly define his path of thoughts on any national issue. He is from ACN but definately not of them.

It is in ACN a candidate will contest in a local government of Lagos in one election period and contest in another constituency just four years after. It is in ACN that Primaries are concluded within a man's compound and forced down the throats of members whether they like it or not. They produce consensus candidate all over. How many local governments or LCDA function in Lagos, Osun, Ogun, Oyo and Ekiti?

Salami's Saga still trail them till tomorrow.

How are they better?
Re: ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight by ogochukwunasa1: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2012
garripack:

Rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun State Generates N15B In 10 Months For The Year 2014 / Power Outage Will Be Experienced In Some Parts Of Lagos Today- Eko DISCO / Saraki Promises To Intervene In Aviation Sector Facility Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.