Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials (10627 Views)

ICPC Uncovers Over N23bn Pension Funds ‘lost’ In 40 Bank Accounts / FG Uncovers 62,892 ‘Ghost’ Workers, Saves N208.7bn / FG Uncovers Boko-Haram Plot To Attack 10 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by samguru(m): 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
More than 2000 transformers hoarded by electricity officials were discovered by the Minister of State for Power, Darius Ishaku during a visit to Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) Central Stores at Shogunle, Lagos. The minister said that he was shocked that items needed for effective transmission and distribution of power were lying idle while consumers were complaining of damaged transformers, and ordered that all 33/11kv transformers, transformers panels, oils and other power equipment should be allocated to every part of the country that needed them within the next two weeks.

He also assured consumers that the transformers would be distributed.
uncovers 2000 hoarded PHCN transformers

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/45356--fg-uncover-over-2000-transformers-hidden-by-phcn-officials
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2012
Who kept them there? Na wah for Nigeria.
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Pennywise(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
Those transformers are finding their way into open market. They are for sale. Minister dey pretend like say he not know how far. Idle transformer ko. . . .

1 Like

Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Soulcaine(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
Na my house e been dey? Abeg jor make they go do better tins. Afterall he has to look good after barth's resignation. Naija politics.

2 Likes

Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Modishguy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2012
2nd to Comment..... ! Noni
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Abujafood: 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
I heard in the News that those transformers were among power equipments abandoned at the ports since 2006! May be hoarded is not the right word to use because they were recently released by the Nigeria Customs service!
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by goofie: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
abegi. lie lie pple. is it me dt put them there?
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by a1solution: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
That is why I support privatization so all this nonsense wud stop.

1 Like

Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by garripack: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
[size=30pt]THANK GOD THE MAN IS WORKING THEY NO SETTLE AM WELL....

BUT MY QUESTION IS DAT WHO WERE THE PEOPLE DAT HID THIS TRANSFORMERS PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US OOO @ OP [/size]
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Agbesky: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
this might be handiwork of the former controversial minister bath....the Former PHCN boss is a man of questionable xter
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2012
And my estate have been suffering from constant transformer problems! Thunder fire Nepa people!!
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by werone: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
We don't want them to neam names only. Please, punish these people that are behind this act.
And btw, I thought PHCN only can supply and intall transformers. What are they doing in the market?
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by chucky234(m): 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2012
Haba no day passed without funny news springing up in this country,I am just fade up reading these funny news daily.
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
The most inefficient public institution is PHCN,they saboteur all effort to achieve 24hours in Nigeria.they most backward institution,maybe they want to eat the transformers...God forsaken people.
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by SagePius: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
[b][/b]ok. Let them distribute it 60 per state. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
are we sure this is not another notorious fact lipsrsealed
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by 3kay945(m): 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
shameless country
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Okijajuju1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
The transformer at my house had been giving us troubles.. One of my fellow tenants works at NEPA.. We were just having one of those weekend meetings and she was like, dont worry, I will see what I can do about this transformer issue.. 2 weeks later, a brand new transformer landed in the area and was connected to only a small number of compounds (basically our street).. And mind you, no be she get the house o!!! Meanwhile, NEPA frustrated my father for almost 2 years that he had call his neighbours together and they all bought a transformer.. To install it was now another Problem.]
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by tucker12(m): 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
Is this minister new on the job!!! Pls his surprise really surprises me angry angry angry angry

The truth guys!!! No one is ever held accountable... so lets stop making it look like an omg news the minister has just discovered.

Go to delta state and you see new generators and transformers wasted in old govt house.
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by ticom(m): 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2012
Hoardind of transformers has been a long term practice of PHCN. Imagine a community of 100 houses for example that was designed to use a single 11/33KVA transformer has grown to 500 houses yet no additional transformer given to them, but rather what they enjoy is the low shedding/rotation policy. I think the privatisation of PHCN will go a long way to address some of these issues.
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Akintola11(m): 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2012
Nigeria's Privatising Power Play

Can Nigeria's power sector reforms survive Nnaji's resignation and withstand the influence of influential vested interests?

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/transforming-power-sectorand-politics-behind-it
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by NAJALYN: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2012
Why cant we love ourselves and help ourselves? People are constantly making money at the expense of others and that is not good enough.
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
una beta tel am, if im like make he discover 20,000 transform, dem no go gv am minister of power o...hausa man..na dem ruin dis country
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by playahP(m): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2012
This is true!.. These pictures were personally taken by me @ their central store!!!! Pls I'm busy right now! As soon as I get back, I'd give yall the full gist and all the politicians and contractors involved. ...brb folks!!

Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by 9free(m): 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
No wonder I no see light for my area. So na for lagos them dump the transformer wey suppose connect my area to national grid ab
Make I see any PHCN staff near my house again......
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by aieromon(m): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2012
Those transformers are gonna find their way into the open market sooner than later.

What a pity!
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by thehomer: 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
samguru: More than 2000 transformers hoarded by electricity officials were discovered by the Minister of State for Power, Darius Ishaku during a visit to Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) Central Stores at Shogunle, Lagos. The minister said that he was shocked that items needed for effective transmission and distribution of power were lying idle while consumers were complaining of damaged transformers, and ordered that all 33/11kv transformers, transformers panels, oils and other power equipment should be allocated to every part of the country that needed them within the next two weeks.

He also assured consumers that the transformers would be distributed.
uncovers 2000 hoarded PHCN transformers

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/power/45356--fg-uncover-over-2000-transformers-hidden-by-phcn-officials

So who is being held responsible? If no one gets punished, what will stop someone else from perpetrating the same act? This administration needs to be proactive in prosecuting offenders.
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by Nightshift(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2012
Agbesky: this might be handiwork of the former controversial minister bath....the Former PHCN boss is a man of questionable xter
You must be an egghead to insult the best power minister Nigeria ever had. So PHCN workers are now saints in your opinion? Are you one of those thieving PHCN employees?

1 Like

Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by SkyBlue1: 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
thehomer:

So who is being held responsible? If no one gets punished, what will stop someone else from perpetrating the same act? This administration needs to be proactive in prosecuting offenders.

Not going to hold my breath, with all the scandals we've heard this year who has been prosecuted?
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by thelastPope(m): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2012
The truth is that some of this theiving PHCN peeps and their relatives are part of the people posting here on NL.

As much as we must hold government accountable, the question we must also ask ourselves is why would a Nigerian just hold thousands of other Nigerians to ransom and in suffering just because they want to make money? Please don't give me the no job or poverty line. It is overrated! These PHCN workers are not aliens and they are not politicians like some try to make us believe. They live among us and even suffer the darkness with us and don't mind as far as they make extra cash from it.

We are just wicked to ourselves. We are our own government and we have failed ourselves so we are all suffering it.

2 Likes

Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by playahP(m): 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
okay!
im tired now.
I'd open a thread for this later.

But phcn staff (except GMs) are not involved.
please nairalanders, ima give yall gists later aiight
Re: FG Uncovers Over 2000 Transformers Hidden By PHCN Officials by cutievik: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2012
Na today wen man pickin start to they hear story my mother told me? Mtcheeews!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suicide Bombers Plan To Disguise As Beggars – Nigerian Army / Change Your Leadership Style, Nigerians Are Poorer, Onaiyekan Tells Buhari / Gov. Ugwuanyi Joins Priests To Bid Late Fr. Offu Farewell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.