Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? (3269 Views)

Teenagers Have Sex In Front Of A Hotel In Katsina In Broad Daylight / Ladies, How Much Love Do You Have / ‎6 Things Men In Love Do (how To Know If He Really Loves You) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by bolex(m): 3:30am On Apr 15, 2006
Ok now ?

Mummy and daddy would say

'Nothing like you kids falling in love , it does not exist ,  blah blah ,  same old song'

Now, I want to ask

If a young guy tells a young girl ,

'I LOVE YOU'

Is it real or fake ?

really , i would want to know because the rate at which teenagers are falling in love nowadays,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I don't know how many of them is real o ,
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by sade511(f): 3:31am On Apr 15, 2006
Most of the time its not really love its lust. Some people dont know the difference.
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by bolex(m): 3:32am On Apr 15, 2006
For me ,

I know when I am in Love or lust

I know I am in love right now

So, I think on my own side,

What i have is real ,

cheesy grin smiley wink

TESTED AND PROVEN
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by sade511(f): 3:33am On Apr 15, 2006
bolex:

For me ,

I know when I am in Love or lust

I know I am in love right now

So, I think on my own side,

What i have is real ,

cheesy grin smiley wink

TESTED AND PROVEN

Thats cute
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by bolex(m): 3:34am On Apr 15, 2006
Thats cute

smiley wink cheesy grin

Thanx
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by Rhodalyn(f): 3:35am On Apr 15, 2006
some do, most dnt!!!!! bt i knw wht Ken n i feel 4 each other is real love! kiss kiss kiss
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by bolex(m): 3:37am On Apr 15, 2006
Now,

ya'll don't get me wrong on this

Everyone is gonna have to be saying

'What me & so & so have for each other is real'

mmmmmmmmmmmm

This is where I get confused

Do they really mean it ??

ELDERS , WHERE ARE YOU
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by sade511(f): 3:37am On Apr 15, 2006
I have never been in love but I know I've been in lust.
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by bolex(m): 3:38am On Apr 15, 2006

I like it when people admit
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by Rhodalyn(f): 3:39am On Apr 15, 2006
bolex:

Now,

ya'll don't get me wrong on this

Everyone is going to have to be saying

'What me & so & so have for each other is real'

mmmmmmmmmmmm

This is where I get confused

Do they really mean it ??

ELDERS , WHERE ARE YOU
i knw da difference between love n lust! yes i mean it!
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by Zahymaka(m): 4:13am On Apr 15, 2006
I've gotten interested in girls not because of their bodies but because of their personalities -- which could lead to love. I've also been interested in a few girls because of their bodies but it usually fades under several hours.
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by hotangel2(f): 6:08am On Apr 15, 2006
I have been in deep lust. Now im in deep Like. Love? I still don't have butterflies in my stomach yet.

But i like Him with all my heart. Real like.

Now to the topic, most teenagers have lost the meaning of love (even some adults too). LIke normally, i like my boyfriend so much, most people will say They love him already, but i still feel it's real like, not yet love. It'll be love when i need a kidney and he gives one. lol.
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by bolex(m): 6:13am On Apr 15, 2006
It'll be love when i need a kidney and he gives one. lol.

For why

The 1 am in right now o ,

As long as it remains strong

If she need ma mose to breathe sef

I go give am

for shizzle

Except she stops loving me ,  Then , 

grin grin grin grin

Back to base ,

Oh well ,  That is the way it is o ,

Even adults mis-understand it
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by Z4M4eva(f): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2006
I am a teenager. And I know the difference between love and lust.
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by Zahymaka(m): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2006
True talk -- me too.
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by bolex(m): 10:58am On Apr 15, 2006
OK NOW

We all getting misunderstood

I am not taking sides but only hot-angel has given me a satisfactory answer

Z4M4eva:

I am a teenager. And I know the difference between love and lust.
Zahymaka:

True talk -- me too.

phew

OK, OK

I understand now

Can you please prove to us that you know the difference by first definition and then explaining further on the topic LOVE and LUST , (If you don't mind please smiley)

Maybe then I would understand that we all know how real your love is

I have my own prove o ,

grin grin grin It's a long story but I have a big prove & if I finish my story , grin grin grin

You would all be like , awwwwwwwww, bolex ma man , yours is real

Back to topic

For y'all that say you know the difference or IT is real

Explain please , let me understand you more

We might all be mistaken you know

undecided undecided undecided NO 1 wants to be mistaken

E Jo , Please , I beg you

Explain
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by Zahymaka(m): 11:02am On Apr 15, 2006
Did you read my reply? Here it is:

Zahymaka:

I've gotten interested in girls not because of their bodies but because of their personalities -- which could lead to love. I've also been interested in a few girls because of their bodies but it usually fades under several hours.

Maybe I should explain:

I said if I get interested in someone because of her personality, then it could lead to love -- I don't believe in love at first sight [I think it's a feeling that grows].

The girls I've been interested in soley because of their bodies -- I said the feeling doesn't last simply because it's lust.

I really thought you'd read between the lines.
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by bolex(m): 11:04am On Apr 15, 2006
I really thought you'd read between the lines.

Cheers grin
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by xdos(m): 6:30pm On Apr 16, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
this story abt lust and love makes me laf,
I believe love is what one feels after lust is gone,
At first sight, he/she is handsome/beautiful, romantic, rich, strong/well built, dat I call lust, but when it has stayed, u've known her and she has known you, dat is now what I call LOVE, after u've had misunderstanding and correction,
As for the teenagers, It'z film trick, Believe it or yes,
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by xciarax: 11:20pm On Apr 16, 2006
you've prob never had a boyfrend (or if ur a boy ) u've never had a girlfrnd.

yes its real.
an anwser from a girl hu has had mre than 20 boyfrends!!!) cheesy cheesy cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2006
i think most teenagers have crushes, which can't be referred to as love.what i mean here is as kids they watch adults,and when they mature from kids to teenagers and undergo certain changes in themselves,they claim to be mature or i would rarther say they think they are  mature enough to start going into relationships, and start experimenting which is a natural phenomenon. they see dating and and having boyfriends or girlfriends as a normal way of life.a teenage girl would have crush on any available guy that tells her she's beautiful just maybe cause he's good looking,speaks well,got a car and he is presentable.she starts having fantasies of him and her walking down the aisle.she has a crush on him not because of his personality but because of what he represents every girl's shocked dream which cannot be reffered to as love.so you see,i can only say for the girl and not for the boy.boys in the house can you tell us cheesy.
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by nikitareal(f): 4:40pm On Apr 26, 2006
love n lust are related.love is older.u can fall in luv wit someone cos of charisma n in lust cos of d physical look.pple fal in love/lust cos of diff reason:hair,eyes,shape,talent,sense of reasonin.probably u guys possess somethin in common
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by t00cUTE(f): 10:36pm On Jul 10, 2008
sade511:

COME LET ME SHOW YOU WAT LOVE IS grin grin grin
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by jekkad: 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2008
t00 cUTE:

COME LET ME SHOW YOU WAT LOVE IS grin grin grin

ur own na to dey bring out old topic wey don die finish
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by GoldFinch(m): 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2008
abi o
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by jekkad: 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2008
Gold*Finch:

abi o

na tru naaa,just watch her,all her replies r on old topics ,resurrecting dead topics be her hobby
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by mystics(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2008
I know most teenagers dont, but some do. The only girl i have ever told these words ''I LOVE YOU'' i met her wen i was 13 yrs old. I have had severall crushes on girls and have done funny things with them but the fact remains that the person i trully love is the one at 13. We are still together after many years. I told her i loved her at 13 and am still saying so today. Dont underate teenagers, the can suprise. Young people these days are growing faster than thier ages.
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by mary09(f): 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2008
2 me,Not errrybody that say i love u mean it , some people just say it 4 the fun of it and some people are real with it so dont get it twisted baby, !!!!
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by ladybam(f): 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2008
When i was sixteen, i thought i fell in Love, because i had someone I called "my boyfriend".well, now, i know that I was in Lust rather. besides, then, almost all my friends were dating one guy or the other. So i kinda did'nt want to be left outta the game. undecided undecided undecided

But when I turned seventeen, I met this one guy, and fell in Real LOVE. kiss kiss kiss kiss kisskiss

( actually, IT WAS LUST AT FIRST grin grin grin grin grin )

@ post

Most teenager dont mean the love they proclaim because, they just wanna belong. Especially the girls embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by Ibime(m): 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2008
When you say teenagers, you must differentiate between yuounger teenagers (13, 14, 15) and older teenagers (16, 17, 18, 19) . . . . yes I have loved wholeheartedly in my later teenage years, even a chick that I still think of every now and then although we were only 17 when we fell in love. I did not touch her for the first 6 months. It took a month just to get her phone no and a two months just to kiss her, so no it was not lust.
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 12, 2008
the effect of the videos us what we see played out by the teens.they mean what they think was real in the videos
Re: When Teenagers Say They Are In Love, Do They Really Mean It ? by Atreus(f): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2009
no,they dont. I believe that no teenager(from like 13 to 15 or 16)can truly be in love. In the words of one teenager i know pretty well :"where i am right now(teenagerhood)is a very confusing period. I'm trying to figure out who i am as a person,my likes and dislikes,my strengths and my weaknesses,my personality is constantly fluctuating. If i dont know who i am,how could i possibly know what i want in a guy? How could i know what i wanted in a r/ship,and by the same token,fall in love? And then,teenagers,we sometimes tend to believe that the whole world revolves around us,we can be pretty self-consumed,selfish. Love is the exact opposite of that. It's sacrifice,it's putting the other person first,and teenagers simply do not have the emotional maturity to truly feel something as complex as romantic love". I rest my case!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can You Tatoo This on your Ass / hi? / Some Gals Fall In Love With D Location Of A Guy Not D Guy In Person. Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.