Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons (22706 Views)

Uebert Angel Buys Lamborghini For His Wife For Valentine (Photos) / Why My Wife Is Divorcing Me” – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Finally Reveals / Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by DonaldGenes(m): 11:16pm On Oct 05, 2012
akthedream: Well,we now know the real seekers of 72 Virgins.
lmao!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by tunshe: 11:18pm On Oct 05, 2012
Donalð Genes:
i know but we all 'Nigerian' we shouldnt be acute in accusing one's religion,let alone engage our literate selves in feisty arguement,i am not the type that attacks one's religion,i just believe in doing good and being responsible and that's all irrespective of your religion,

I tender my apology,actually wanted to play the game.I appreciate your matured response.
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by ochukoccna: 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
Donalð Genes:
who knows there is more to it that we can envisage,The pastor himself knows why sha,i can't condemn my fellow human being,i can only nod my head like a lizard and shrugg off and go my way,every human being must pay for his deed on earth! That's my belief in life,doing good to others and loving God,that's all

Yeah right sad sad
Spiritual reasons is rather a tad obscure ain't it undecided undecided
Is he divorcing her for adultery [a valid biblical spiritual reason]
Bad cooking, unfulfilled sexual fantasies,nagging, physical violence etc
Is she a hindrance shocked shocked shocked to his ministry the way Charles Wesley's [Methodist Church founding pastor] wife [Molly Vazeille] was said to be to his?
Yet Faith Oyedepo didn't divorce your beloved pastor when he committed adultery some years back shocked shocked
I heard some years back Pastor Wale Oke has a love child from a previous affair to which he owned up before the his wife& church
I don't recall hearing his wife divorcing him
No one's judging him
Rather let him come out into the light to spit what the spiritual reasons are and not hide behind his five fingers
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by ochukoccna: 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
Donalð Genes:
who knows there is more to it that we can envisage,The pastor himself knows why sha,i can't condemn my fellow human being,i can only nod my head like a lizard and shrugg off and go my way,every human being must pay for his deed on earth! That's my belief in life,doing good to others and loving God,that's all

Yeah right sad sad
Is she a hindrance shocked shocked shocked to his ministry the way Charles Wesley's [Methodist Church founding pastor] wife [Molly Vazeille] was said to be to his?
Yet Faith Oyedepo didn't divorce your beloved pastor when he committed adultery some years back shocked shocked
I heard some years back Pastor Wale Oke has a love child from a previous affair to which he owned up before the his wife& church
No one's judging him
Rather let him come out into the light to spit what the spiritual reasons are and not hide behind his five fingers undecided undecided
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by HopeGabriel(f): 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
The man don join him partner, chris okotie...I'm sure him don dey sleep with on sisi for hin church...

1 Like

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by DonaldGenes(m): 11:26pm On Oct 05, 2012
tunshe:

I tender my apology,actually wanted to play the game.I appreciate your matured response.
thats for sheezy man,lets keep it real like one Nigerian,that reminds me during my Nysc days last year @Oyo state,we used to have one Muslim corper like that who always attends our church service and bible classes,and i was like wow,so i summon courage to attend some there friday's mosque prayers @ least to relish of the experience,it was one sweet memories i will never forget,to all the muslims in the house,We love you all,be good

1 Like

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by emmatok(m): 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
Well the no where the Bible says divorce is sin.
It just states conditions for divorce.
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by DonaldGenes(m): 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2012
ochukoccna:

Yeah right sad sad
No one's judging him
Rather let him come out into the light to spit what the spiritual reasons are and not hide behind his five fingers undecided undecided
succintly heard,if our Bishop once did what you allege he did and he has asked God for forgiveness,then there is no problem,God has forgiven him since and He doesn't remember our past sins once He has forgiven us,do you think we all can still survive God's wrath if He were to remember our past sins?apparently, mind you there ain't no perfect man on earth,judge nOt on peoples past okay.
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by hadbak: 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
I tot xtians are not alowed to divorce(for beta or worse til death). Where did tis come from? N a pastor for that mata, o ma se o!
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by georgesylva(m): 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2012
Please read Mark 10:4-12
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by tunshe: 11:38pm On Oct 05, 2012
georgesylva: Please read Mark 10:4-12

Mark 10:4-12
10:4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of dismissal and to divorce her.” 1 10:5 But Jesus said to them, “He wrote this commandment for you because of your hard hearts. 2 10:6 But from the beginning of creation he 3 made them male and female. 4 10:7 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother, 5 10:8 and the two will become one flesh. 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 10:9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

10:10 In the house once again, the disciples asked him about this. 10:11 So 7 he told them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. 10:12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.” 8
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
Donalð Genes:
lol! You just sent me to the guffuws,nonetheless,let me be crystal clear, I didnt say i worship him,i worship the One True living God,i was just tryna emphasize the fact that i was sort of shocked when i saw David,
Is he any better?Christainity is a religion of Comedians.If not Slap,its rape.If not rape,its Divorce.If not Divorce,its burning members alive.If not that,then its prophesizing doom.If not prof. Doom,its Money laundring.If not money laundering,its telling their member not to marry outside the church.If not abour marrying within the church,its about legalising Gay(bishops) marriage.If not about homo,its about Mas.turbation is not a sin.If not about mas.turbation,its about my pastor has more jets than yours.If its not about jet,its about my church is better than yours or pastor to pastor attack.The list is just endless.Sometimes,i wonder how their god is gonna save them from these endless shitz they have gotten themselves into..98% of christains are bunch of Clueless Hyporites.They gat nothing meaningfull in their brain apart from paying tithes and attacking other Religions foolishy.Am pretty sure their god is ashame of them.May God save your sick heads..Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by MrLee(m): 12:13am On Oct 06, 2012
Hmmmm..... No comment now sha i keep am may be leta.
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Alumnus: 12:19am On Oct 06, 2012
Matt 5:31-32(from THE MESSAGE BIBLE)
"Remember the Scripture that says, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him do it legally, giving her divorce papers and her legal rights'? Too many of you are using that as a cover for selfishness and whim, pretending to be righteous just because you are 'legal.' Please, no more pretending. If you divorce your wife, you're responsible for making her an adulteress (unless she has already made herself that by sexual promiscuity). And if you marry such a divorced adulteress, you're automatically an adulterer yourself. You can't use legal cover to mask a moral failure."
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Angelahoney: 12:41am On Oct 06, 2012
Ps do not judge another man's servant. He's anointed whether you like it or not.
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Jyde89: 2:21am On Oct 06, 2012
Before thier marriage, am sure he'll tell his member's that God told him to marry her. Smh
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by dasparrow: 3:52am On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Ps do not judge another man's servant. He's anointed whether you like it or not.

And I am anointed too so I will say what I have to say.

@Post

This was the pastor I was talking about in the other Nairaland front page thread where a lady was asking what it was like to marry a pastor. Another Nairalander responded by telling her that she should be careful with Nigerian pastors because they can just wake up one morning and announce to their congregation that she is no longer his wife. I responded by saying that this is true and used Bishop Benenoch as an example of a religious leader of a Christian congregation who is divorcing his wife of 20 years due to "spiritual reasons." What I find totally ironic though is the fact that Esther Benenoch has a blog and her blog entry on September 15th 2012 was titled "Why stay in a bad marriage." She wrote about how women should remain in bad marriages and continue to endure.

Now in as much as I don't support men or women throwing in the towel at the slightest marital problem, I will never support encouraging a woman or man to stay in a physically abusive marriage that is life threatening. It just does not make sense because if an abusive husband ends up killing his wife (like in late Titi Arowolo’s case), he ends up in jail and the children will be left with neither a mother nor a father.

However, Esther Benenoch made it seem in her September 15th, 2012 blog entry that you should never seek a divorce even if you're married to someone who is physically abusive and who is threatening your life. Instead, you should stay in the marriage as a sign of love for him. Esther Benenoch conveniently forgot that it takes two to stay married. Apparently, while she is staunchly against divorce, her bishop soon-to-be-ex husband feels otherwise. Furthermore, while Esther Benenoch is busy advising others what to do with their marriages, hers was crumbling right beneath her nose.

Nigerians are funny - yet sometimes annoying - set of people. Always telling us how to live our lives, when to marry, when to birth children, what gender of children to birth and what we should do and not do in our marriages yet those who are telling us what to do with their silly advice don't have their houses in order either. For those who care, you can check out Esther Benenoch's blog here: estherbenenoch..com
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 06, 2012
this man don see another fine (opeke) babe somewhere.spritual reason my foot.man think they can deceive god,but they end up deceiving themself.End time pastors.morality is at its lowest ebb in Nigeria and crime is increasing everyday.With all these churches and pastors are increasing shamelessly.cant we read btw the lines they are all fake,and their mundane style is one of the bane of our problems.

MAKE THE MAN GO MARRY IM YOUNG GIRL,ALSO FOR SPRITUAL REASON, AND I KNOW THE GULLIBLE FOLLOWER WILL SAY AMEN!!!!!
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by tintingz(m): 6:10am On Oct 06, 2012
akthedream: Well,we now know the real seekers of 72 Virgins.
Lol! Christianity dosn't know what men and women need grin
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by tintingz(m): 6:28am On Oct 06, 2012
tunshe:
Mark 10:4-12
10:4 They said, “Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of dismissal and to divorce her.” 1 10:5 But Jesus said to them, “He wrote this commandment for you because of your hard hearts. 2 10:6 But from the beginning of creation he 3 made them male and female. 4 10:7 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother, 5 10:8 and the two will become one flesh. 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. 10:9 Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

10:10 In the house once again, the disciples asked him about this. 10:11 So 7 he told them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her. 10:12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.” 8
1. We don't know if Adam ask God for another woman
2. Jesus is a bachelor. . .he didn't marry how come he knows about adultery and divorce when he never showed an example of a husband and family
3. Jehovah is always silent about marraige and family. . .how do we know the rules engaged in marraige
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by postemail: 6:37am On Oct 06, 2012
Letter from one of the most evil King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883 (from Reunionblackfamily)

http://allafrica.com/stories/200510060035.html

The letter which follows is Courtesy of Dr. Vera Nobles and Dr. Chiedozie Okoro. Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883

Reverends, Fathers and Dear Compatriots:

The task that is given to fulfill is very delicate and requires much tact. You will go certainly to evangelize, but your evangelization must inspire above all Belgium interests. Your principal objective in our mission in the Congo is never to teach the niggers to know God, this they know already. They speak and submit to a Mungu, one Nzambi, one Nzakomba, and what else I don’t know. They know that to kill, to sleep with someone else’s wife, to lie and to insult is bad. Have courage to admit it; you are not going to teach them what they know already. Your essential role is to facilitate the task of administrators and industrials, which means you will go to interpret the gospel in the way it will be the best to protect your interests in that part of the world. For these things, you have to keep watch on disinteresting our savages from the richness that is plenty [in their underground. To avoid that, they get interested in it, and make you murderous] competition and dream one day to overthrow you.

Your knowledge of the gospel will allow you to find texts ordering, and encouraging your followers to love poverty, like “Happier are the poor because they will inherit the heaven” and, “It’s very difficult for the rich to enter the kingdom of God.” You have to detach from them and make them disrespect everything which gives courage to affront us. I make reference to their Mystic System and their war fetish – warfare protection – which they pretend not to want to abandon, and you must do everything in your power to make it disappear.

Your action will be directed essentially to the younger ones, for they won’t revolt when the recommendation of the priest is contradictory to their parent’s teachings. The children have to learn to obey what the missionary recommends, who is the father of their soul. You must singularly insist on their total submission and obedience, avoid developing the spirit in the schools, teach students to read and not to reason. There, dear patriots, are some of the principles that you must apply. You will find many other books, which will be given to you at the end of this conference. Evangelize the niggers so that they stay forever in submission to the white colonialists, so they never revolt against the restraints they are undergoing. Recite every day – “Happy are those who are weeping because the kingdom of God is for them.”

Convert always the blacks by using the whip. Keep their women in nine months of submission to work freely for us. Force them to pay you in sign of recognition-goats, chicken or eggs-every time you visit their villages. And make sure that niggers never become rich. Sing every day that it’s impossible for the rich to enter heaven. Make them pay tax each week at Sunday mass. Use the money supposed for the poor, to build flourishing business centres. Institute a confessional system, which allows you to be good detectives denouncing any black that has a different consciousness contrary to that of the decision-maker. Teach the niggers to forget their heroes and to adore only ours. Never present a chair to a black that comes to visit you. Don’t give him more than one cigarette. Never invite him for dinner even if he gives you a chicken every time you arrive at his house.

“The above speech which shows the real intention of the Christian missionary journey in Africa was exposed to the world by Mr. Moukouani Muikwani Bukoko, born in the Congo in 1915, and who in 1935 while working in the Congo, bought a second hand Bible from a Belgian priest who forgot the speech in the Bible. – Dr. Chiedozie Okoro

We should note:

1] that all missionaries carried out, and still carry out, that mandate. We are only lucky to have found King Leopold’s articulation of the aim of all Christian imperialist missionaries to Africa.

2] Even the African converts who today manage the older churches in Africa (the priests, bishops, Archbishops, Cardinals etc of the Roman and Protestant sects), and especially also those who evangelize Born-Again Christianity, still serve the same mandate. Which is why they demonize African gods and Anglicize African names, and drop the names of African deities which form part of African names; and still attack and demolish the African shrines that have managed to survive, e.g. Okija.

3] Those Africans who voluntarily converted to Christianity before the colonial conquest such as Affonso I of the BaKongo in the 15th century probably did not discern the purpose of the brand of Christianity that was supplied to them. Which was probably why they fell easy prey to the missionaries and the white traders and pirates who followed them.

But their Japanese counterparts probably did discern the game, even without access to some version of Leopold’s letter. But even if the Japanese Shoguns did not intuit what Leopold makes explicit, they clearly realized the danger of Japanese converts to Christianity forming a fifth column within Japanese society and state, a fifth column loyal to their co-religionists in Europe. To rid Japan of that danger, in the late 16th century, the Shoguns began their expulsion of Portuguese and Spanish missionaries on the grounds that they were forcing Japanese to become Christian, teaching their disciples to wreck temples, taking and trading slaves, etc. Then, in 1596, it became clear to the Japanese authorities that Christianization had been a prelude to Spanish conquest of other lands; and Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, it quickly dawned on them that a fifth column loyal to Rome and controlled by the priests of a foreign religion was a clear and present danger to the sovereignty of a newly unified Japan. Soon after, the persecution and suppression of Japanese Christians began. Early in the 17th century, sensing the danger from a creed that taught obedience to foreign priests rather than the Japanese authorities, all missionaries were ordered to leave and all Japanese were ordered to register at the Buddhist temples. When Japanese Christians took part in a rebellion, foreign priests were executed, the Spanish were expelled and Japanese Christians were forbidden to travel abroad. After another rebellion, largely by Christians, was put down, the Japanese Christians were suppressed and their descendants were put under close state surveillance for centuries thereafter. In the 1640s all Japanese suspected of being Christians were ruthlessly exterminated. Thus did Japan, by 1650, save itself from the first European attempt to mentally subvert, conquer and colonize it.

4] The African captives who were taken abroad and enslaved, and the Africans at home after the European conquest, having already been forcibly deprived of their autonomy, were in no political position to resist Christianization. Thus the Christianity still practised in all of the African American diaspora, just as that in the African homeland since the start of the 20th century, continues to carry out the Leopoldian mandate.

Hence, for example, whereas the White Born-Agains of the USA, when in the US Navy ships in WWII, sang:

“Praise the Lord,

And pass the ammunition,”

the attitude of African Born-Again converts today is best summed up as:

“Praise the Lord,

And lie down for the manna.”

Thanks to a century or more of this Leopold-mandated missionary mind control, African Christians are not an activist, self-helping, economically engaged, politically resolute, let alone militant bunch. Hence their putting up with all manner of mistreatment and exploitation by their misrulers, white and black. The most they are disposed to do to their misrulers is to admonish them to “Fear God!” – as one protester’s miserable placard read in last week’s Lagos demonstration against the latest of the murderous fuel price hikes by the OBJ Misgovernment. The idea of an uprising to tame their misrulers is alien to the religiously opiated frame of mind of the Nigerians.

5] The lesson in the contrast between an Africa that the Christian missionaries brainwashed and subverted, and a Japan where this brainwashing and subversion was forcibly prevented, is stark and clear. What then must Africans of today begin to do to save themselves from brainwashing by their White World enemies here on earth? – That is the question.
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by omiobo: 6:47am On Oct 06, 2012
*Just passing*
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by crackhouse(m): 6:55am On Oct 06, 2012
We were told in the bible that divorce can be allowed only when there is a case of unfaithfulness.
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by noholdsbarred(m): 6:59am On Oct 06, 2012
People who preach must live by the same standard by which they preach. They cannot expect the rules, for them, to change while members of their congregation live by the rules. So much hypocripsy!
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by mu2sa2: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2012
Why do they make the vow "Till death do us part" when they know they won't keep it. These naija "men of God" should stop deceiving themselves and their gullible, confused, ignorant followers with divorce for "spiritual reasons". D same divorce they preahed for ages as evil is what these fraudsters are now glorifying!!! They will be soon be indulging in every evil for "spiritual reasons" (that is, if they are not doing it already). Na wa for this religion o.
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by chucky234(m): 7:08am On Oct 06, 2012
Billyonaire: Bishop David Benenoch, just like his name, smelt fake to me from the word go. I have no beaf against a man's hustle, but one has to really do a lot to convince us that he is worth eating from the Lord's Vineyard. What is the fvcking 'spiritual' reason for seeking divorce after 20 Years and 3 kids than to taste new punny of BB girls that swamp the churches of Christianity.
You no dey yarn anything pass BB girls?
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by zangbah: 7:13am On Oct 06, 2012
mu2sa2: Why do they make the vow "Till death do us part" when they know they won't keep it. These naija "men of God" should stop deceiving themselves and their gullible, confused, ignorant followers with divorce for "spiritual reasons". D same divorce they preahed for ages as evil is what these fraudsters are now glorifying!!! They will be soon be indulging in every evil for "spiritual reasons" (that is, if they are not doing it already). Na wa for this religion o.

You invented marrage vow 4 wht you cannot fulfil, i think you need islam to guide you as God has already make life easy 4 you n you make it difficult to yourself
Re: Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons by Ignatio(m): 7:14am On Oct 06, 2012
Who even made him a Bishop?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. / Did Pope Benedict Convert To Islam? / How To Be Sexually Pure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.