Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize (7596 Views)

Release Nnamdi Kanu And Tender An Unreserved Apology To Him- onaiyekan to Buhari / How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan / Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
WTF? dem for kuku nominate boko haram na, shuo.. cool, Sultan? Nobel peace prize lipsrsealed
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by 1shortblackboy: 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
Sultan no deserve am bishop no deserve am oya make all of una rest
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yes it's d same sultan dat said muslim should resist their deportation 4m saudi.What was wrong with dat?So u want him to tell them to allow d saudi gov't to kick their ass.Last time that i check,d musque in mecca,belong to d whole muslims.It do not belong to saudi gov't.And do u think,white people are bigots like u african monkies.They see wat d sultan is doing,and they like it.If u don't like it,go f.u"c.k urself.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by Nonybb: 5:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
Oh my God, how can u give nobel peace prize to a boko haram? This is ironical of the highest order
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by vislabraye(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
George Bush deserves to be nominated.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by aryzgreat: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ganys:
So....? what has onaiyekan did to deserve it as well too..Christian Fanatic!!!! angry

Shut up ur goaty bear bear mouth u boko haram spokesman! when it comes to speaking against boko haram violent attacks Archbishop Onaiyekan has been vocal though not radical like Ayo oritsejafor, but sultan has been dumb and never said anything, i don't know why everything in naija is based on quota and religious balance, they added sultan to balance the equation but we all know he has done nothing to merit peace award
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by nagoma(m): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ignorance and hate is taking over this thread as usual with NL.. Why dont you try to find out the work these gentlemen have been doing over the last 3 years or so. We know there is a major crises still raging but I know how much work these 2 are doing together. If the government was half as serious as these 2 we would have made better progress. I hope they get the peace price . It will bring more focus on the Nigeria situation and may signal the achievement of genuine peace.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by nagoma(m): 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
k2039:
Did I just hear sultan,this people are such a big joke.
Sultan peace award,is their peace in his own state,they are only making a mockery of Nigeria by nominating him.
Why waste a slot for him when infact it is glaring he wont win

You are ignorant and will not admit it. Why don't you fing out what both arch Bishop Onaiyekan and Sultan have been doing . They certainly deserve it . It will be good for Nigeria.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by hammedkola(m): 6:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
Okay oh!...what of Borno state with the slogan "Home of peace"...Can the slogan be changed?
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by bknight: 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
*unbiased*

John Onayaikan deserves this. Two years ago, I thot to nominate him for national awards.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by IYANGBALI: 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hey guys chill,what the guys are being nominated for is NOBLE PRIK AWARD grin
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by k2039: 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
nagoma:

You are ignorant and will not admit it. Why don't you fing out what both arch Bishop Onaiyekan and Sultan have been doing . They certainly deserve it . It will be good for Nigeria.

[size=13pt]lunkhead,why dont you tell me what they have both done to deserve the award since I am ignorant.
Mtcheew(another simpleton on the loose)
[/size]
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by omenziate(m): 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
D sultan should b nominated for heading the most ruthless assasins in Nigeria. Not like d bishop deserveds it too.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by juman(m): 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
Would the Peace Prize be a way out to find lasting solution to the trouble in the north? This is a big question.

Because Almajiris issue is also a big problem that need practical solution.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by kemiola89(f): 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
I've come to realise that most of nairaland members are frustrated being, there spew out thrash at any given time to ease 'em of their frustration. The rate at which these people (nairaland religious fanatic) go about condeming other peoples religion is alarming.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by kinguwem: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
k2039:
Did I just hear sultan,this people are such a big joke.
Sultan peace award,is their peace in his own state,they are only making a mockery of Nigeria by nominating him.
Why waste a slot for him when infact it is glaring he wont win

Though he hesistated in speaking against Boko Haram, perhaps he needed to be briefed properly. However, he has been preaching against religious violence even though he initially
attributed the activity of the group to bad governance.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by owendei(m): 8:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
Jarus: Both men deserve the nomination.

Sultan has being trying his best to work with government to tackle insecurity in the north. One ignoramus up there even said Sultan has never condemned BH, when even passive following of the news should show him otherwise. Maybe some people expect Sultan to go and put on his soldier uniform and go to field to fight BH, before he is seen as speaking against BH.

I have always admired Onaiyekan. His statesmanly stand on most political/religious issues are commendable. Of course, he also spits fire sometimes, he is still methodical. Both men, I believe, are key to achieving religious peace in Nigeria.
tongue

Sultan has being trying his best to work with government to tackle insecurity in the north. One ignoramus up there even said Sultan has never condemned BH, when even passive following of the news should show him otherwise. Maybe some people expect Sultan to go and put on his soldier uniform and go to field to fight BH, before he is seen as speaking against BH.

I have always admired Onaiyekan. His statesmanly stand on most political/religious issues are commendable. Of course, he also spits fire sometimes, he is still methodical. Both men, I believe, are key to achieving religious peace in Nigeria.
do ya type exist? ya spoke ma mind. pray we hav more of dis ratnal mind (u). ciao!
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by owendei(m): 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
bright007: Well I believe the bishop deserve no phucking award.But for the sultan of sokoto,I think he deserve a "PISS and SHITS AWARD.Its not easy to head d religion of piss.
...n wat is (are) ya reason(s) 4 disqualifyin d ARCHBISHOP (askin wit no bias pls)?
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by owendei(m): 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
torhuke: Where is the peace..? In d north or in d south.. In islam or in christianity..?
we are talkin abt d efot put into actualizin peace. d social amenities u're enjoyin 2day are outcomes of their past efot. som hav lost their lives dnt 4gt. I TINK DEY DESERVE IT.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by babestella: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
Saltan my foot, abeg make them yank the name of that saltAnn from the list at once. Is there peace in his region?
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by Charlesnerd: 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
I repeat,without prejudice,the Sultan has not done much to quell the boko haram menace.If Shehu Sani can do it,the Sultan given his capacity,both official,past and present should be able to do much better.

I wish the Nobel committee can give the award to them ,they would be in the public eye,locally and internationally.Who knows this might spur them to work much harder in resolving the bokoharam menace.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by oladayo042: 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
The Peace Prize has been the most controversial in the category of Nobel Awards. The word "peace" means different things to different people, which made awarding the prize somehow subjective.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by naptu2: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2012

√√√√ +100
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by mrperfect(m): 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2012
Anything that connotes peace is a welcome development.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by sconsults: 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
[size=15pt]why must nigerians lie about everything.nobel prize nominees lists are not published until 40 years after their nomination.nigeria have produced some of the most hilarious liars in modern history philip emeagwali,dr oyibo, dr abalaka etc[/size]
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by adconline(m): 1:40am On Oct 07, 2012
Naija na political theatre. Anybody can get nominated.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by DuduNegro: 7:32am On Oct 07, 2012
......Achebe will be very upset if one or both of these guys win the prize. We can look forward to another memoir soon, demonizing the Nobel Prize Committee for robbing him of the pinnacle of his career.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by ACM10: 8:23am On Oct 07, 2012
sconsults: [size=25pt]why must nigerians lie about everything.nobel prize nominees lists are not published until 40 years after their nomination.nigeria have produced some of the most hilarious liars in modern history philip emeagwali,dr oyibo, dr abalaka etc[/size]
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by Thok(m): 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2012
Argh.. 1 good news.
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by nduchucks: 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2012
What contribution have these men made to world peace?
Re: Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize by Abrums(m): 9:22am On Oct 10, 2012
gramci: Is it the same sultan that asked muslim pilgrims detained in Saudi Arabia to resist their deportation that was nominated for peace price? Una for nominate osama bin ladin, if e win buhari go collect the award in his absence.
this is really funny. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Police Salary Structure / Reno Omokri's Fake Church And His Apartment Building In America. Photos. / Sanwo-Olu Inaugurates Lagos State NAPTIP Human Trafficking Taskforce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.