Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,514 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award (30137 Views)

Kano State Governor, Big Church Foundation To Be Honoured Northern Peace Award / Photo:goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize / Goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by chibecanglobal(m): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
Nigeria's former President, Goodluck Jonathan has been recommended for the Nobel Peace Prize by a public policy organisation on African affairs, the Africa Political & Economic Strategic Center (AFRIPOL).

The organisation noted that the will of Alfred Nobel, the progenitor of Nobel Prize stated that Peace Prize be awarded to whoever "shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".

Accordingly the organisation held that the 'peaceful way President Jonathan conceded to President-elect Buhari deserves the attention of Nobel Peace Prize committee. He may have not promoted “fraternity between nations” but he surely promotes fraternal peace among Nigerians by conceding power.'

The group maintained that the "concession speech by President Jonathan averted bloodshed, violence and imbroglio in the most populous country in Africa. This gesture by Jonathan [sic] buttressed to the whole world that Nigeria has joined the comity of civilized nations. Nigeria can be said to have shown great leadership in Africa and made Africans in general and Nigerians in particular to comprehend that transfer of power does not need to be violent but rather peaceful as heralded by the outgoing president of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan."
http://leadership.ng/news/438861/jonathan-gets-nomination-for-nobel

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by INTROVERT(f): 8:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
Coughs....
modified

Handing over after loosing an election is a normal thing that should happen but the case is very different in Africa especially when the ruling party losses to opposition. Whether GEJ didn't have the courage, will or machinery to thwart the election/ handover is the unanswered question. I beleive he deserves to be nominated because it can only be left to the imagination the crisis that would have erupted had he not conceeded. He thwarted doomsday predictions on Nigeria for 2015. grin grin

God bless Nigeria
God bless GEJ
God bless President BUHARI

210 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by alawi5k: 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
Obrigado!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by HzRF(m): 9:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Gud

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by Agwoden(m): 9:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
He deserve it. Most people typing nonsense on nairaland about him wouldn't have been able to do so if he didn't make that call.

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by yakubuomowumi: 9:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
A living legend ,I have no regrets supporting you it was the right thing to do, GEJ I love you, there are leaders, there are rulers, leadership style differs , I always knew you were a charismatic leader not an authoritarian ruler, long live GEJ.

212 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
Okay...... undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by biafransoul: 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
Just few days Nigerians are already missing this amiable man. Nigeria is presently on auto pilot with no visible sign of a real president in power. It's has been a week of deaths , Boko haram bombings, disappearance and reappearance of the Daura President, petrol tanker fires, queues at filling stations with petrol being sold above #120 per liter etc. Pls Gej, come back and rescue us in 2019 from this brainless ones. They lusted for power and you conceded and gave it to them and now they are confused on what to do with it. You know why? Coz they only know how to criticize and never how to rule or make things happen. Sorry for Nigeria for having a 'change' president that was voted in over 2 months ago but has not even been able to appoint ordinary chief of staff or secretary to the government of the federation while his counterpart in the UK voted much later made appointments within 48 hours and has started working on his electoral promises.

178 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by evanscheck(m): 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
Gej actually saved Nigeria from blood shed by willingly conceding to the result of the election, but I choose to see dat action this way - maybe he is tired of goverment and their politics.. dont forget! dat man has been in Goverment for the past 16 years, he nees to rest

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by Flets: 9:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
The children of hate would soon be here to express their frustrations.

Putting off someone's candle would not light yours.

Well deserved recommendation

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
He's d man behind our peaceful existence in dis "zoo"

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by olabukola: 9:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
I will petition the body to stop this nonsense. *Sigh*

20 Likes

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by yakubuomowumi: 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
Bastard,that's why none would ever progress in your family, I know you guys hate each other and probably not a free born , guess you guys were bore into slavery.

olabukola:
I will petition the body to stop this nonsense. *Sigh*

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by PedroJP(m): 11:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
chibecanglobal:
Nigeria can be said to have shown great leadership in Africa and made Africans in general and Nigerians in particular to comprehend that transfer of power does not need to be violent but rather peaceful as heralded by the outgoing president of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan."

Hope same can be said when a Northerner loses to those they call infidels.

I don't think there is anything civilized about Nigeria.

Yes GEJ helped avoid bloodshed, but he has played a major part to a necessary awareness.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by PedroJP(m): 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
evanscheck:
Gej actually saved Nigeria from blood shed by willingly conceding to the result of the election, but I choose to see dat action this way - maybe he is tired of goverment and their politics.. dont forget! dat man has been in Goverment for the past 16 years, he nees to rest

Typical of those who always look for ulterior motives of an act of kindness.

U and ur Northern brothers are insatiable in this zoo.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by yakubuomowumi: 12:30am On Jun 06, 2015
God bless GEJ.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by Vicadonis(m): 12:48am On Jun 06, 2015
Good for him. One day the world will recognise me too...for positive things

26 Likes

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 06, 2015
Honestly I had to google that name Goodluck Jonathan just to find out he iis the Ex_president of Nigeria! undecided where iis he? Bin a while o grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by ionsman: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2015
biafransoul:
Just few days Nigerians are already missing this amiable man. Nigeria is presently on auto pilot with no visible sign of a real president in power. It's has been a week of deaths , Boko haram bombings, disappearance and reappearance of the Daura President, petrol tanker fires, queues at filling stations with petrol being sold above #120 per liter etc. Pls Gej, come back and rescue us in 2019 from this brainless ones. They lusted for power and you conceded and gave it to them and now they are confused on what to do with it. You know why? Coz they only know how to criticize and never how to rule or make things happen. Sorry for Nigeria
Miss who? Keep deceiving yourself. ...Nigeria being on auto pilot(as you put it) is better than that Ogogoro master there. ...
Sorry for yourself. ..

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by nationwide1(m): 6:58am On Jun 06, 2015
Only one lesson here: When God is with a man, no one can bring him down.

The more people try to bring him down, the higher he rises.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by Gepheral: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by williams368(m): 6:58am On Jun 06, 2015
Datz bulshit

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by Helkayklassic(m): 6:58am On Jun 06, 2015
You are no more our President but ur manhood lives on grin

Temitemi, Mogidi, Barcanista una hero is about to be celebrated.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by GogetterMD(m): 6:59am On Jun 06, 2015
biafransoul:
Just few days Nigerians are already missing this amiable man. Nigeria is presently on auto pilot with no visible sign of a real president in power. It's has been a week of deaths , Boko haram bombings, disappearance and reappearance of the Daura President, petrol tanker fires, queues at filling stations with petrol being sold above #120 per liter etc. Pls Gej, come back and rescue us in 2019 from this brainless ones. They lusted for power and you conceded and gave it to them and now they are confused on what to do with it. You know why? Coz they only know how to criticize and never how to rule or make things happen. Sorry for Nigeria
Hmmmm. Smart head. Bravo to your deductive reasoning. And all this started a week ago abi? Who is missing him? Maybe he will comeback to rescue you and your family in 2019 sha. Rubbish

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by opirieru: 6:59am On Jun 06, 2015
Goodluck jonathan the man too blessed to be cursed . the hero of his generation.. how many people can really be humble enough? even Buhari would not have step down

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by omenka(m): 6:59am On Jun 06, 2015
These guys surely wanna receive their share of his stolen monies. I can picture him smiling from under his bowler hat (apologies to BBC) cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by korel9: 6:59am On Jun 06, 2015
That brainless tourist from Daura needs to learn from this undecided

Quote me only if he's your father angry

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by lonelydora: 6:59am On Jun 06, 2015
Congratulations to temitemi1's hero.

Any celebration/trekking on this in Otuoke where I schooled?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by martyns303(m): 6:59am On Jun 06, 2015
"My ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian" Dr. Goodluck Jonathan

The most selfless statement I have ever heard from a Nigerian politician in my 28yrs of existence.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 06, 2015
Great

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Gets Recommended For Nobel Peace Award by Ayomi088(m): 7:00am On Jun 06, 2015
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Benue Livestock Guard Members Protecting Farmers From Fulani Herdsmen / Orji Uzor Kalu Gives 15 Sienna, 3 Hummer Buses To OUKF Beneficiaries (Photos) / Ondo: PDP Leaders Give Agboola Ajayi Conditions Before Joining The Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.