Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:16 AM

Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun (9018 Views)

Obasanjo In Auto-Crash, Escapes Unhurt - Today.ng / House Of Reps Move To Ban Hiace Buses Over Bayelsa Auto Crash / One Dead, 11 Injured In APC Campaign Auto Crash In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by supereagle(m): 4:49am On Oct 07, 2012
An auto accident Saturday claimed the lives of nine persons along the Abeokuta- Siun-Sagamu expressway.
The accident occurred about 7.30am when a truck coming from an opposite direction lost control and rammed into a bus.

The accident involved a 18-seater Hiace bus belonging to Lukdos Transport Company and an articulated lorry marked LAGOS JJJ 489 XB and it happened at Ototo village, few meters away from the state capital.

The passengers of the ill-fated Lagos bound bus were said to be members of African Church, Solution camp, along Ewang Estate in Abeokuta.

They were travelling to attend a wedding ceremony of one of the church members before the unfortunate incident.

One of those involved was a two year-old girl who sustained head injury. She was rushed to the state hospital, Ijaiye, for treatment.

At the scene of the accident, officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), state Fire Service, Ogun State Ambulance Services, Police and Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Agency (TRACE) were seen evacuating the victims.

The TRACE coordinator, Mr. Sola Bamidele, who was at the scene blamed the truck driver for driving recklessly.

He pointed out that the bus had taken off from Abeokuta less than 30 minutes before the accident occurred, adding that the authorities was still trying to get in touch with the transport company to get the manifest of the passengers.

The coordinating officer of the Ogun State Ambulances Services, Dr. Hassan Adelakun, also confirmed the death of some of the passengers and those who died on the way to the hospital.

He said that the remains of the victims had been deposited at the state hospital, Ijaiye and Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Idi-Aba, Abeokuta, morgues
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/auto-crash-claims-nine-in-ogun/127054/

Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by bashr8: 5:09am On Oct 07, 2012
this same road keep killing people more than malaria

1 Like

Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Ufeolorun(m): 7:08am On Oct 07, 2012
Someone needs to get seriously tough on lorry owners and/or drivers. Huge machines should not be left in the hands of miscreants,and irresponsible drivers.

1 Like

Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by supereagle(m): 11:13am On Oct 07, 2012
Ufeolorun: Someone needs to get seriously tough on lorry owners and/or drivers. Huge machines should not be left in the hands of miscreants,and irresponsible drivers.
We need rail system.
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Ufeolorun(m): 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
supereagle:
We need rail system.
In the absence of effective rail system these thugs on wheels must be reined. its important.
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by redsun(m): 2:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ufeolorun: Someone needs to get seriously tough on lorry owners and/or drivers. Huge machines should not be left in the hands of miscreants,and irresponsible drivers.

That was why Dangote wanted to train up "graduates" for that,but some of you thoght he was being insuktive.Driving requires some degree of intelligence and essential common sense.

3 Likes

Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by dangerzone: 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
WHY IS IT ALL BAD NEWS IN THIS COUNTRY?

1 Like

Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by ednut1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
member of a church called solution ground, abi der scammin pastor no see d prophesy or dem no pray before d journey
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Ufeolorun(m): 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
redsun:

That was why Dangote wanted to train up "graduates" for that,but some of you thoght he was being insuktive.Driving requires some degree of intelligence and essential common sense.

We need to have a stricter regulatory environment for those driving heavy duty machines in fact it should be criminal to drive any of those huge machines if you don't have a special license,we can't leave it to an individual who's supposedly catering to his own business need.
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by redsun(m): 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ufeolorun:

We need to have a stricter regulatory environment for those driving heavy duty machines in fact it should be criminal to drive any of those huge machines if you don't have a special license,we can't leave it to an individual who's supposedly catering to his own business need.

Nt just heavy duty,all vehecles,including truck pushers.
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by bid4rich(m): 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
ednut1: member of a church called solution ground, abi der scammin pastor no see d prophesy or dem no pray before d journey

look at your big si.ll.y mouth! If you dont have something to comment about why cant you just pretend as if you didnt see the post, abi na by force to comment? Na wa oo
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Ufeolorun(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2012
redsun:

Nt just heavy duty,all vehecles,including truck pushers.
cheesy
I don't want truck pushers to go on strike ojare cheesy

Seriously these deaths are unnecessary.
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by sylve11: 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
Sad! sad cool
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by doofanc: 2:53pm On Oct 07, 2012
And to think they were going for a wedding. What a sad loss.
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by mallorca(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
RIP
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
dangerzone: WHY IS IT ALL BAD NEWS IN THIS COUNTRY?
...naija haters club!
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by free2ryhme: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
there is too much bloodshed in this country, when will this end?
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Ariyke: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
Sad News evertytime it's only God that can save Us
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by laminaria(m): 3:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
may there soul rest in perfect peace...wat a loss to dear motherland! angry
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by mumkam: 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ufeolorun:

Some of these truck drivers are god damn drunks wasting the lives of innocent citiyens.RIP 4 d dead.We need to have a stricter regulatory environment for those driving heavy duty machines in fact it should be criminal to drive any of those huge machines if you don't have a special license,we can't leave it to an individual who's supposedly catering to his own business need.
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
It was sad. My daddy was among the people that died o
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Crown128(m): 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
ednut1: member of a church called solution ground, abi der scammin pastor no see d prophesy or dem no pray before d journey
Must you comment on every post you read? It's high time you grow up and stop this blasphemy!
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by shagaman: 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
I used to believe with the emergence of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as the Governor of the state roads would improve,however the reverse has been the case,They keep wearing stupid caps up and down with nothing to show for it,ogun state is so bad with roads.......bastards
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by saintdoh: 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
Nawa o.dis country sef.i am sure d truck driver was drunk.may their soul rest in peace
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by SirElaw(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
May d souls of d departed rest in perfect peace and may God grant their families strenght to bear and overcome this untimely loss.
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Siga: 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
I will like to thank everyone for their messages....Yesterday morning I got a call from Nigeria about this accident and I lost my cousin in this accident. I pray God protects everyone and may all those who lost thier lives rest in peace. Thanks cry
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by SirElaw(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
leksiding: It was sad. My daddy was among the people that died o
May his soul rest in perfect peace. Take heart man...God is with you.
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by dangerzone: 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
leksiding: It was sad. My daddy was among the people that died o

may his soul R.I.P
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Ufeolorun(m): 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
[quote author=mumkam][/quote]
Yes its getting too much if tankers aren't exploding,trucks will lose control and ram into anything. We need to get angry here, If you drive unlicensed ,unworthy machines you should be charged for 'an attempt at mass murder'.
The occupants of the truck are likely to be alive but look at unsuspecting road users
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by ednut1(m): 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
Crown128: Must you comment on every post you read? It's high time you grow up and stop this blasphemy!
its high time u lot stop bein gulible
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by Exponental(m): 5:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
Govt/FRSC needs 2 put in a comprehensive control measure 2 this.
I was almost a victim when a truck left his lane in d cause of overtaking anoda truck, faced me n I had to dash off d road btw oyo- ogbomoso road.
The idiotaa left his steering and was even doin "waka" to me.
It was a bad experience.
But unfortunately FRSC has lost its focus!
Re: Auto Crash Claims Nine In Ogun by blackmale(m): 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
naija with bad news 247,,,, o ga o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate To FG: Save 3rd Mainland Bridge From Collapsing / Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. / APC Woman "waiting" to Emerges as First "Elected" Female Governor in Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.