Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,896 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Proof That Catholics Worship Mary - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof That Catholics Worship Mary (6430 Views)

Do Catholics Worship Statues? | Catholic Answers / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? / Why Do Catholics Worship Mary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 8:45am On Oct 10, 2012
Joanna Sedley: Aluu 4, we didn't do it; YES YOU DID. We didn't: YES YOU DID!!!!!!. Why not lynch all catholics as they did these guys or move aside. Christians are enemies of themselves.

Lol

plappville: [size=30pt] Exodus 20:4 "You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea.[/size]

Then why do you have images of yourself and your family in your phones and laptop.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2012
italo:

Lol

Then why do you have images of yourself and your family in your phones and laptop.

My dear look clearly at Ex 20:4 and also Ex 20:5. Images/Photos aren't idols. But images/photo or statues that you bow to and serve are idols, as seen in those pictures i posted.
Catholics bow to and revere the RCC statues and images. Catholics serve them by having processions and lighting candles to them.

We know that the coin that Jesus would have most likely used would have had the face of emperor Tiberius on it, who did rule during the time of Jesus' ministry.
The Jews used this coin still, They didnt disobey God because the coin contains the image. They would have if they had worshiped, bowed or sarved it llike the Catholics do today.

I do not bow or worship pictures. The European coin/cents carries images as well, using it to buy is different from worshiping it.

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 10:41am On Oct 10, 2012
plappville:

My dear look clearly at Ex 20:4 and also Ex 20:5. Images/Photos aren't idols. But images/photo or statues that you bow to and serve are idols, as seen in those pictures i posted.
Catholics bow to and revere the RCC statues and images. Catholics serve them by having processions and lighting candles to them.

We know that the coin that Jesus would have most likely used would have had the face of emperor Tiberius on it, who did rule during the time of Jesus' ministry.
The Jews used this coin still, They didnt disobey God because the coin contains the image. They would have if they had worshiped, bowed or sarved it llike the Catholics do today.

I do not bow or worship pictures. The European coin/cents carries images as well, using it to buy is different from worshiping it.

Good point......italo still cannot get your point....

He is so submerged in the mary image worship.......
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by truthislight: 11:18am On Oct 10, 2012
Callotti: They do not worship MARY. . .they only honor her.
Don't ask me why sha. kiss

dont worry, we know why you said such.

Your are a product of the catholic church and they are proud of you Sha! grin
Callotti: They do not worship MARY. . .they only honor her.
Don't ask me why sha. kiss

dont worry, we know why you said such.

Your are a product of the catholic church and they are proud of you Sha!
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by truthislight: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2012
italo:

If you revere the Bible and praise it, as I presume you do, are you worshipping it?

the bible is an object just as the rosary is an object.
But no body have ever accused the RCC of worshiping the rosary but it is said that the RCC use rosary in worship.

So, this are two parallel things and you should not equate it to the worship of mary which is a different ball game.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
Joshua 6:8:
And just as Joshua had commanded the people, the seven priests bearing the seven trumpets of rams' horns before the Lord went forward, blowing the trumpets, with the ark of the covenant of the Lord following them.

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2012
italo: Joshua 6:8:
And just as Joshua had commanded the people, the seven priests bearing the seven trumpets of rams' horns before the Lord went forward, blowing the trumpets, with the ark of the covenant of the Lord following them.

And what's your point my dear brother italo??

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2012
Joshua 7:

6 Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell facedown to the ground before the ark of the Lord, remaining there till evening. The elders of Israel did the same, and sprinkled dust on their heads.

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2012
italo: Joshua 7:

6 Then Joshua tore his clothes and fell facedown to the ground before the ark of the Lord, remaining there till evening. The elders of Israel did the same, and sprinkled dust on their heads.

The isrealites having the ark of Yahweh in the 1st place,wasn't it Yahwehs command??

Let us start from there...

Did Yahweh command the isrealites to make the ark??

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 7:55pm On Oct 10, 2012
ijawkid:

The isrealites having the ark of Yahweh in the 1st place,wasn't it Yahwehs command??

Let us start from there...

Did Yahweh command the isrealites to make the ark??

Yes. God commanded the israelites to make "IDOLS" as you have been calling them all along.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
italo:

Yes. God commanded the israelites to make "IDOLS" as you have been calling them all along.

Hahahahaha.....

They aint idols because God himself gave them the commandment...

Now that's what you should have known.....

Besides that ark was always kept in the holy holies........

Now my question for you....

Who commanded you and your colleagues to make an image of mary and bow down to it...

Please I need your answers.....

Where is the verdict in the bible that we should make an image of mary and pray through it??

1 Like

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 8:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
ijawkid:

Hahahahaha.....

They aint idols because God himself gave them the commandment...

But any object being worshipped is an IDOL. That's what you've been saying all day. So according to your reasoning, God commanded them to make the IDOLS.

ijawkid: Besides that ark was always kept in the holy holies........

That is a lie. It was not ALWAYS kept there.
ijawkid:
Who commanded you and your colleagues to make an image of mary and bow down to it...

Who commanded you to make "Awake" magazine? Who commanded the Israelites to make IDOLS and WORSHIP them?
ijawkid:
Where is the verdict in the bible that we should make an image of mary and pray through it??

That question is not applicable to me because I do not pray through any image.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 9:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
italo:

But any object being worshipped is an IDOL. That's what you've been saying all day. So according to your reasoning, God commanded them to make the IDOLS.

That is a lie. It was not ALWAYS kept there.

Who commanded you to make "Awake" magazine? Who commanded the Israelites to make IDOLS and WORSHIP them?

That question is not applicable to me because I do not pray through any image.

Please read more on the ark of covenant....it was made for the temple use except when it was moved from place to place....

Besides like I told u,Yahweh who gave the isrealites the command not to make idols,was the one who told the isrealites to make that ark....it was an instruction.....

Who told catholics to make an image of mary and bow down to it..??.where is the comm
And in the bible??

Don't lie to me that you do not bow down to marys image......

I pass thru many catholic churches and that's exactly what I see.....

2 Likes

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
ijawkid:

Besides like I told u,Yahweh who gave the isrealites the command not to make idols,was the one who told the isrealites to make that ark....it was an instruction.....
The question you should be asking is why did God say 'do not make any IDOLS' and later say 'make IDOLS'

ijawkid: Who told catholics to make an image of mary and bow down to it..??.where is the comm
And in the bible??
Who told the Israelites to worship IDOLS? If it is God, then it is him that told the Church (the new Israel) to make images of Mary (the Ark of the new covenant) and bow before it. If it is not God that told the Israelites, then same with us.

ijawkid: Don't lie to me that you do not bow down to marys image......

I pass thru many catholic churches and that's exactly what I see.....
What you see is Catholics bowing before images, not to them.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 10:09pm On Oct 10, 2012
[size=18pt]waoooh @italo sabi lie ooo, see how he dey hid from answering a simple question because it will expose him!! God gave instructions to Israel, but that does not applies to you Catholic. You have been over fed. You will not abtain the truth because you are proud and stuborn.[/size]
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
So God gave instructions to Israel to worship IDOLS? Why?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 11:36pm On Oct 10, 2012
And who gave instruction for non-Catholics to worship their pastors?
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by ijawkid(m): 3:24am On Oct 11, 2012
italo: So God gave instructions to Israel to worship IDOLS? Why?

What is an idol??..........

Define an idol.....

For the fact Yahweh instructed the isrealites to make the ark shows it isn't an idol.....Yahweh gave them the instruction.....

Besides when I wake I'll explain more on this ark issue....so that you'll see how far off It is from the mary worship that is prevalent today.....
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by italo: 9:26am On Oct 11, 2012
You tell me what an IDOL is. Afterall, you are the one who goes around accusing people of IDOL worship. You should know better than me.

Going by your method of reasoning, the Ark was an IDOL because people were worshipping it.
ijawkid:

What is an idol??..........

Define an idol.....

For the fact Yahweh instructed the isrealites to make the ark shows it isn't an idol.....Yahweh gave them the instruction.....

Besides when I wake I'll explain more on this ark issue....so that you'll see how far off It is from the mary worship that is prevalent today.....
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by TheClown: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2012
Six Wise Men of Hindustan

There were six men of Hindustan,
to learning much inclined,
Who went to see an elephant,
though all of them were blind,
That each by observation
might satisfy his mind.

The first approached the elephant,
and happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
at once began to bawl,
"This mystery of an elephant
is very like a wall."

The second, feeling of the tusk,
cried, "Ho, what have we here,
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear,
This wonder of an elephant
is very like a spear."

The third approached the elephant,
and happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
thus boldly up and spake,
"I see," quoth he,
"the elephant is very like a snake."

The fourth reached out an eager hand,
and felt above the knee,
"What this most wondrous beast
is like is very plain" said he,
"'Tis clear enough the elephant
is very like a tree."

The fifth who chanced to touch the ear
said, "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
deny the fact who can;
This marvel of an elephant
is very like a fan."

The sixth no sooner had begun
about the beast to grope,
Than seizing on the swinging tail
that fell within his scope;
"I see," said he, "the elephant
is very like a rope."

So six blind men of Hindustan
disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
exceeding stiff and strong;
Though each was partly in the right,
they all were in the wrong!
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by plappville(f): 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
italo: And who gave instruction for non-Catholics to worship their pastors?

Pope italo, U can mix up things!! grin grin grin grin

Waoo am so Surprise at your responds ...

Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by Dnaz(m): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
ijawkid:

SMH!!!!!.......

Stop bowing down to an image...

How I wish u guys lived in the times of the isrealites....you know what would have happened to you guys....

Did Jesus bow down to any imAge??

the Israelites bowed before d ark of covenant, they worshipped cherubium and seraphim not God
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by nora544: 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
catholics worship mary okay

but nigerian people worship there so called great man of good it is the same.

this Pastors Bishop, Minister, Evangelist ....... that are the idols and that is the same.
Re: Proof That Catholics Worship Mary by Franklinus: 7:37am On Jun 10, 2015
FOR Catholics in the house and any one who is interested I invite you to read and comment on my blogposts...tell me what you think...we could have meaningful conversations and learn more about our Christian and Catholic faith. I invite those still in whatever form of doubt to log in to the credoexperience..com and ask your questions..... thanks as you do so...here is my latest post http://credoexperience..com/2015/06/the-holy-mass-forepatterned.html?m=1

Also here is my reply to the Rev.Chris OKOTIE http://credoexperience..com/2013/12/chris-okotie-i-challenge-you-my-reply.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speaking Or Praying In Tongues - Please Share Your First Time Experience / Adeboye's Son Romances Society Woman Leader / 7 Traits Of False Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.