Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,723 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? (7082 Views)

Is Mary The Mother Of God? / Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer? / Proof That Catholics Worship Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by ObiomaA: 10:59am On Jun 16, 2013
Do u worship or rever mary or none?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 16, 2013
I do!
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by k2039: 11:10am On Jun 16, 2013
None, but I see nothing wrong in honoring Mary.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by candiva2013(m): 11:10am On Jun 16, 2013
I do.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Rich4god(m): 11:35am On Jun 16, 2013
I do.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by mahdino: 11:55am On Jun 16, 2013
[qu

ote author=ObiomaA]Do u worship or rever mary or none?

Allah (Eli) has honoured Mary the mother of Jesus among the women of all nation, so one can honour her but you cannot worship her.
Only Allah(God,Eli) can be worship
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by JesusisLord85: 2:15pm On Jun 16, 2013
ObiomaA: Do u worship or rever mary or none?

The catholic church is full of idolatry. Bowing down to pray to statues of 'saints'. Starting prayers with "hail Mary, full of grace"... You can be sure that, unless they repent, they going on that wide road to hell.

Shalom
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by ijawkid(m): 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
Yes it is good to worship her....isn't she the mother of GOD??.......wink ......cool
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by okeyxyz(m): 3:59pm On Jun 16, 2013
You can worship or "honor" Mary all you want but don't try to portray it as christian doctrine because it is definitely NOT!!!
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 16, 2013
okeyxyz: You can worship or "honor" Mary all you want but don't try to portray it as christian doctrine because it is definitely NOT!!!

I guess you prefer the doctrine of sleeping with a woman that is not your wife shey?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by ijawkid(m): 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2013
striktlymi:

I guess you prefer the doctrine of sleeping with a woman that is not your wife shey?

gringringringrin.......
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by candiva2013(m): 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2013
JesusisLord85:

The catholic church is full of idolatry. Bowing down to pray to statues of 'saints'. Starting prayers with "hail Mary, full of grace"... You can be sure that, unless they repent, they going on that wide road to hell.
You are very foolish and ignorant.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by candiva2013(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You are very foolish and ignorant.
Shalom
you are very foolish and ignorant

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by okeyxyz(m): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2013
striktlymi:

That is the most christian of all doctrines. Every other doctrine is a derivative of it(se.xual liberty).
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2013
okeyxyz:

That is the most christian of all doctrines. Every other doctrine is a derivative of it(se.xual liberty).

I know you would like that very much.

Make I no catch you near my sister! grin
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by okeyxyz(m): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
^^^ No worry about me catching your sister

It's more like she catching me grin(I too fine)
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by sylve11: 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
striktlymi:

pls which is that doctrine? cool
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
okeyxyz: ^^^ No worry about me catching your sister

It's more like she catching me grin(I too fine)

grin
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
sylve11:

Ask Oga Okey, he seems to know more about it grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by JesusisLord85: 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
candiva2013: you are very foolish and ignorant

You say so. Enlighten me please. Catholic church is not of God. Period. The pope is going to hell and will take many people with him. May God remove the scales from the eyes of his followers.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
JesusisLord85:

You say so. Enlighten me please. Catholic church is not of God. Period. The pope is going to hell and will take many people with him. May God remove the scales from the eyes of his followers.

Of course the Catholic church is not God. You already play that role beautifully, as you now help God decide who goes to hell.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by okeyxyz(m): 7:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
sylve11:

The perfect law of liberty through Christ. It frees you from all commandments and definitions(of right and wrong) by the Laws of Moses. Under the Law: sex without marriage was fornication, Under Christ: it is not. cool
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by JesusisLord85: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
striktlymi:

Of course the Catholic church is not God. You already play that role beautifully, as you now help God decide who goes to hell.

I didn't decide. The word tells me idolaters and blasphemers will not make it into the Kingdom of Heaven. When we correct youth of the church, do we not do it because we want their souls to be spared i.e. we know that if we do not correct them they will continue down the road to destruction. So, no, I don't decide.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I didn't decide. The word tells me idolaters and blasphemers will not make it into the Kingdom of Heaven. When we correct youth of the church, do we not do it because we want their souls to be spared i.e. we know that if we do not correct them they will continue down the road to destruction. So, no, I don't decide.

You already made yourself God!

Judgment is solely the prerogative of God...and you sir just condemned the Pope to hell, and as such made yourself God!

Now who is the 'idolater'?
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by JesusisLord85: 9:21pm On Jun 16, 2013
striktlymi:

You already made yourself God!

Judgment is solely the prerogative of God...and you sir just condemned the Pope to hell, and as such made yourself God!

Now who is the 'idolater'?

I think the word you meant is 'blasphemer'. But anyway, I can see you have little understanding. Fact is, Catholic Church is not of the almighty God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Period
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by k2039: 10:24pm On Jun 16, 2013
ijawkid: Yes it is good to worship her....isn't she the mother of GOD??.......wink ......cool
I can spot sarcasm when I see one
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by candiva2013(m): 12:04am On Jun 17, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I think the word you meant is 'blasphemer'. But anyway, I can see you have little understanding. Fact is, Catholic Church is not of the almighty God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Period
you are the one who is on high way to hell, even the bible says that there shall be fake prophets and that they shall decieve a lot of people like you. Your position is exactly like that of a mad man calling sane people 'mad'. You do not understand The Catholic church because the devil has taken over your whole being. I advice you please ask God to save your lost soul.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 17, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I meant idolater!!!
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by docadams: 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
Mary was the medium through which Christ was born and nutured to adulthood. Pure and simple. After that very little was heard about her. She was not apportioned any special status during and immediately after the death of Christ.
The book of revelation that foresaw many of the great things to come never mentioned Mary playing any significant role in our life. Therefore worshiping her or bowing before her image or any other image for that matter is idol worshiping.
You dont rationalise obedience to God because He is very jealous but very clear in his instructions to his earthly beings. As clear as daylight is from darkness.
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by ObiomaA: 10:46am On Jun 27, 2013
thanks for your contributions
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by Syncan(m): 4:01am On Jun 28, 2013
striktlymi:

I meant idolater!!!

I think its more like " the idol than the idolater".
Re: Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? by italo: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2013
You sure have never read Luke Chapter 1.

docadams: Mary was the medium through which Christ was born and nutured to adulthood. Pure and simple. After that very little was heard about her. She was not apportioned any special status during and immediately after the death of Christ.
The book of revelation that foresaw many of the great things to come never mentioned Mary playing any significant role in our life. Therefore worshiping her or bowing before her image or any other image for that matter is idol worshiping.
You dont rationalise obedience to God because He is very jealous but very clear in his instructions to his earthly beings. As clear as daylight is from darkness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters) / OPINION: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? / Should Catholic Priest And Nuns Be Allowed To Have Sexual Relationships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.