Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

The Philosophy Of Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Philosophy Of Marriage (1048 Views)

The Christian Philosophy Of Marriage / Definition Of Marriage To You? / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Philosophy Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2012
Due to current trends in marriage,it has been very difficult to give a single definition of marriage.Human being is philosophical but the philosophy of marriage is hidden in a golden vessel.
The Islamic philosophy of marriage made it clear that its all about living in tranquility with your spouse with 'muaddah(love) and Rahmah(mercy) being d necessary tool.
"And among his signs is that he created spouses from amongst yourselves,that u may live in tranquility with them and he has put love and mercy between ur hearts(Quaran 30:21)".The philosophy listed virtues in tranquility and the meaning of Rahmah(mercy) as providing the needs of the spouses theredore the main aim of Islamic marriage is meeting needs and potentials.
In christian philosophy,a man and a woman should leave their home and become one(a body and soul).And d lord God said 'It is not good that a man should be alone,I will make him a helper suitable for him(Genesis 2:18).The mystery and phenomon of being one(a body and soul) is real virtue.Now I said earlier that d philosophy is hidden in a golden vessel(the mystery of being a body and soul) to this therefore we can give a healthy and single meaning of marriage.Islam accepts polygamy and yet preaches 'tranquility',can a tranquility be equal in a plenty of women marrying one man?.Tranquility also contradicts 'divorce' yet Islam states in 'nikah nama' marriage that a man can terminate marriage through divorce and 'nikah mut'ah' marriage gave room to temporary marriage(ridiculous).what God joined together let no man put assunder(GEN 2). The philosophy of marriage is hidden in being a 'body and soul' and not polygamy or polyandry,our world will continue to be disastrous unless we choose this hidden philosophy.This is d first week of Nov. 2012, A week of marriage institutions by d Roman Catholism(a true identity)
Re: The Philosophy Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 09, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]whatever people might say,I have made it clear that the philosophy of marriage is hidden in a golden vessel(a body and soul).but I know most religious group won't fancy this because they have contradictions in their in belief.
How can u talk of tranquility and yet u accept the phenomenon of many women married to one man and on top u preach tranquility.Islamic marriage is all about meeting needs and potentials,and moreover if they value marriage and human life, bombing and killing innocent souls wouldn't be their priority.
Re: The Philosophy Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 09, 2012
Errrrm . . . ok!
Re: The Philosophy Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2012
Suit yourself if u dnt fancy this

(1) (Reply)

How I Raped Teenager To Death- Confession Of 34-yr-old Serial Rapist / Mothers:How Was Your First Experience Breastfeeding A Child? / Must Read For The Ladies!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.