Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

GT BANK New Website Look. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / GT BANK New Website Look. (12307 Views)

Why Can,t I Use My Gt Bank Atm Master Card To Make Payment / Access Bank's New Sharepoint Powered Website Review / Zenith Bank's New Website (2) (3) (4)

GT BANK New Website Look. by mcfranc(m): 6:47am On Oct 09, 2012
Hi All,

I just visited GT Bank's site this morning to access their online platform and was fascinated by its new look. Check it out here - http://gtbank.com and lets have your comments...
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by DualCore1: 7:34am On Oct 09, 2012
What serious Bank will resort to an opensource script (Joomla)? Is opensource not about less expenses and more security risks? Well, thank goodness this site is different from its internet banking interface.

In this age and time, what quality/usability testing passed this table below to go live?

The search is terrible

Is this the wisest use of this space?

How SEO more unfriendly could one get with these type of URLs: http://www.gtbank.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=10&Itemid=118

I could go on but time is money (especially this time of the day).

In all I would say the site is just a candy coated dirty job.

The graphic design team just had their weeks of hardwork blown by the Joomla boys toying around with plugins.

Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 09, 2012
They sure have their reasons for moving to a CMS, even Skye Bank uses Joomla for their website.

I think they're still working on it because several pages (I tried accessing yesterday) returned a 500 Internal Server error.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by emenim(m): 8:06am On Oct 09, 2012
The site is great, GTB is always unique in everything they offer to their customers. IT is not surprising to me at all, quality is their second name
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by surveycash(m): 8:07am On Oct 09, 2012
WoW! I never knew joomla can do this. I need trainings that will show me how to do this. Anyone care to help?
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by zangiff(m): 8:08am On Oct 09, 2012
Yes the login look more simple with easy navigation..the site is simple and beautiful now
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by kunle86(m): 8:14am On Oct 09, 2012
That's good, it's look easy to acess.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by bigtt76(f): 8:19am On Oct 09, 2012
C.R.A.P ....I'm sure it was designed by one of them 1st Class Computer Science Graduate they're always looking for NONSENSE! After dem go begin de cry say omo boys don hack den site. How can you use Joomla ...OpenSource design corporate website and leave behind the default Administrator link intact? Any good Joomla user will jst 'smell' its presence and get down to work.

The painful part of it all is how the banks' Information Security Audit and Control departments are always fussy about any third party platform for payment collection as if the whole world would come down yet ordinary website ....ordinary website ooooooooooooooooooo <holding hands akimbo) GTBank never fit design shoooooo!

Abeg first OP ....hope no bi der u de work sha.....kindly convey our 'good' thoughts yaaa!

Dual Core: What serious Bank will resort to an opensource script (Joomla)? Is opensource not about less expenses and more security risks? Well, thank goodness this site is different from its internet banking interface.

In this age and time, what quality/usability testing passed this table below to go live?

The search is terrible

Is this the wisest use of this space?

How SEO more unfriendly could one get with these type of URLs: http://www.gtbank.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=10&Itemid=118

I could go on but time is money (especially this time of the day).

In all I would say the site is just a candy coated dirty job.

The graphic design team just had their weeks of hardwork blown by the Joomla boys toying around with plugins.

Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by cecegorz(m): 8:28am On Oct 09, 2012
What has users got to do with accessing Admin backend login

Are these guys crazy or what?

Admin login link on the home page of a public site

Oh kay nah. May be it's the new course in Ethical Hacking 2013 *dunno*
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by auwal87(m): 8:30am On Oct 09, 2012
Currently

Database connection error (2): JLIB_DATABASE_ERROR_CONNECT_MYSQL
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by auwal87(m): 8:31am On Oct 09, 2012
They are supposed to put an "Under Construction" notice until they complete the work.
But choosing Joomla is really a bad idea.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by mrperfect(m): 8:34am On Oct 09, 2012
Innovation is always fine.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by jmslimx(m): 8:35am On Oct 09, 2012
Its pretty Lame to use Joomla for bank portal...because it would be hacked any moment with 0 day exploits . Diamond bank does , Skype bank does...why cant this guys employ local dudes to design from scratch rather than using some lame open source . Na wa oooo... Money not safe - let me check how safe it is

Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Mobinga: 8:40am On Oct 09, 2012
jmslimx: Its pretty Lame to use Joomla for bank portal...because it would be hacked any moment with 0 day exploits . Diamond bank does , Skype bank does...why cant this guys employ local dudes to design from scratch rather than using some lame open source . Na wa oooo... Money not safe - let me check how safe it is

Skype has a bank?

Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Mobinga: 8:42am On Oct 09, 2012
Doesn't seem ideal. I wonder how often they would update the Joomla source as the repository.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by 2ndeRodriguez(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2012
Mobinga:

Skype has a bank?
hhahahahaaa...... tot i was d only 1 dt saw it grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by toluxa1(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2012
Mobinga:

Skype has a bank?

LMAO, guy u bad.

Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by 2ndeRodriguez(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2012
well .. just says the story once more of how greedy most companies are...am sure most of the softwares they use are from torrent sites and cracked steeze....... damn..... and the queues 4 dis yeye GTB ehnnnn ... no b here o shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by 53cur3m0d3(m): 8:53am On Oct 09, 2012
I'm speechless,a bank portal with Joomla!from my point of view,it's either the bank didn't want to pay up to the amount the developers asked so they resorted to givin them something of lesser quality.and moreover wat's an admin link doin on there,maybe dose guys were drunk or high on somfin.Security is the main concern nowadays and I'm havin a re-think ryt now as to using my GTBank acc for any further transactions..
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by gsmcoder: 8:55am On Oct 09, 2012
hahaha omo boiz already at work grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by toluxa1(m): 8:56am On Oct 09, 2012
My question is, what was wrong with the old site. It was one of the best Bank websites IMO and definitely No. 1 on the ranks.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by ameer2: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2012
undecided undecided
Mobinga:

Skype has a bank?
He mean skye
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 09, 2012
I laff in boko. It will be very easy to bomb that website!
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by billtommy(m): 9:08am On Oct 09, 2012
Please house, can transfer now be done from a GTB acc to another GTB account without wasting money of a useless token than should have been for free?
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by acidtalk: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2012
That's what you get when companies only give out contracts to the directors children's companies or on padi padi level.

When they refuse to listen to the professional advice of their inhouse employees but scamper to hear a dropout indian IT guy talk.

When they feel they need to cut down funds and as such pay cheaper amount for riskier products.

I have found out something in my years of doing business with government and top notch companies, Nigerians value less professional expatriates to their own Nigerian gurus. And also willing to pay 1,000% more to the expatriate.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by MSItachi: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2012
The website is not opening here
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by soshao: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2012
I don't want to be the first one. I want to be the only one.
[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/pc.gif[/img]
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 9:20am On Oct 09, 2012
Nice features and look.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by neyyo: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2012
Guys incase you don't know, even the previous website was designed with Joomla! The developers still got lotta work to do on security in this present design sha!
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by toluxa1(m): 9:37am On Oct 09, 2012
neyyo: Guys incase you don't know, even the previous website was designed with Joomla! The developers still got lotta work to do on security in this present design sha!

You know what? I thought so too.

Wordpress Themes And Plugins For Just 400naira. Premium themes. / Vps Server Hosting Fully Managed Servers / Patrick Ogidi: Real Or Scam??