Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,174 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

GT BANK New Website Look. - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / GT BANK New Website Look. (12314 Views)

Why Can,t I Use My Gt Bank Atm Master Card To Make Payment / Access Bank's New Sharepoint Powered Website Review / Zenith Bank's New Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2012
Their database was rejecting connection before.The MYSQL used was giving url error and the server was not on safe mode at that moment too! I don't know if they have rectify that.

Douglas should make sure things work properly. Our banks have to be very secured against attacks. So, there should be need for thorough maintenance.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2012
53cur3m0d3:
I can't just wait for slyr0x to get here.wat 'll he say sef other than hiss at the developers?it's only a matter of self-discipline and restraint that won't make one take apart that side.I hope som som teams in Bangladesh aren't already unpackin their weapons for a GTBank assault
Before nko? Boys eyes don dey red o! As we are posting this thread, several urls are pinging and bombarding the server with all sorta codes!
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2012
Why are we all making such a fuss? The previous site ran on Joomla, oh because you are "just knowing"? undecided

Everything on the website is solely for Information. The Internet Banking runs on a separate platform.

Why are some people claiming to "over know", "Oh GTBank uses Joomla, someone will hack their site and steal my Account Details". SMH*

Do you know how many "Top" sites out there use "Mambo", for example?

1 Like

Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2012
^^^^laughs in congolese!
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
HQ: Why are we all making such a fuss? The previous site ran on Joomla, oh because you are "just knowing"? undecided

Everything on the website is solely for Information. The Internet Banking runs on a separate platform.

Why are some people claiming to "over know", "Oh GTBank uses Joomla, someone will hack their site and steal my Account Details". SMH*

Do you know how many "Top" sites out there use "Mambo", for example?

is there no link to the internet banking on this "solely for information" site?

what will happen when i modify the internet banking link to point to https://50.545.343.44/ibank3/login.aspx
where 50.545.343.44 = my server

if you are smart enough to smell a rat, what about baba bimbo who knows nothing.

developers here dont care if gtb goes down and NO, it's not "over know", they are concerned of innocent users who will be defrauded simply because gtb failed to provide a secure solution.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by yamakuza: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2012
mcfranc: It appears GT is following this thread, the site is now reverted to its old status - http://gtbank.com. Why show us "small" when u know say u never finish?

i wont be surprised if the developers are Nairalanders.

some guy responded to a post last week, and from his company's portfolio , it appears they did the redesign.

i was able to get a preview of the new GTB design, before this Joomla ish.

the old design was way much better, and it ran on Joomla too.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by auwal87(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2012
Am I the only person seeing this?

They are back to the old version!
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Slyr0x: 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2012
It's actually no news that GT Bank's website runs on Joomla

If you check here http://gtbank.com/robots.txt , y'all would notice the /administrator directory exists but it's been configured in such a way that only some sets of IPs(or just one IP) can have access to it.

Also just like HQ mentioned, GT Bank doesn't store user data on http://gtbank.com

The website is been hosted on 41.223.144.35 while the internet banking platform is on 41.223.144.74 but then any malicious user with access to the website's backend can easily plant his own phishing url on the site.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by lordZOUGA(m): 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2012
why can't they code stuff from scratch??
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 3:47am On Oct 10, 2012
webdezzi:

is there no link to the internet banking on this "solely for information" site?

what will happen when i modify the internet banking link to point to https://50.545.343.44/ibank3/login.aspx
where 50.545.343.44 = my server

if you are smart enough to smell a rat, what about baba bimbo who knows nothing.

developers here dont care if gtb goes down and NO, it's not "over know", they are concerned of innocent users who will be defrauded simply because gtb failed to provide a secure solution.

I agree with you that it's possible, BUT we can't say it will happen "because" it's on Joomla, ANY website could have flaws that could enable a hacker modify or point URLs to other locations. Even if they went for a custom application, it still doesn't shield them from such attacks, so to say.

But, not that I wholly agree with use of Joomla here (perhaps they do that to reduce costs or they have their reasons).

The developer here could just be the "cousin" to an "uncle" in a Top position, if you follow. wink
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by dnative(m): 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2012
HQ:

I agree with you that it's possible, BUT we can't say it will happen "because" it's on Joomla, ANY website could have flaws that could enable a hacker modify or point URLs to other locations. Even if they went for a custom application, it still doesn't shield them from such attacks, so to say.

But, not that I wholly agree with use of Joomla here (perhaps they do that to reduce costs or they have their reasons).

The developer here could just be the "cousin" to an "uncle" in a Top position, if you follow. wink

Won't be surprised if true. Anything goes in Naija. I'll be more surprised though if in GTB with it's pedigree, this is down to one individual rather than a whole team of web architects, testers/defect managers, release manager to give the go/no go.
Re: GT BANK New Website Look. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
dnative:

Won't be surprised if true. Anything goes in Naija. I'll be more surprised though if in GTB with it's pedigree, this is down to one individual rather than a whole team of web architects, testers/defect managers, release manager to give the go/no go.
Very true. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Doing A Website For A Scammer Illegal? / Vps Server Hosting Fully Managed Servers / Patrick Ogidi: Real Or Scam??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.