Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

What Would Have Happened If... - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Would Have Happened If... (1028 Views)

Mysterious Baby in IJESHA, LAGOS. (It happened Real) / A Question For Muslims: So What Really Happened To Jesus? / Lagosshia What Happened To The Lineage Of Al-hassan(r) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Have Happened If... by deols(f): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2012
Have you ever wondered what would have happened if we
dealt with the Quran, such as what we are dealing with our
mobile phones or with computers

What if we can carry it with us wherever we go .... In our
bags and our pockets

What if we look at the pages several times a day

What if we went back to take it if forgotten

What if we made it as if we can not live without it

- And we really really can not live without it
What if we give it to our children as a gift??

What if we read while travelling

What happens if we made it a priority everyday??

Let our logo be
" Quran my friend"

Daily, we open messages from friends .. But how many times do we open the Quran and read messages sent from God " 

If you love your friends,send this reminder to them

may Allah grant success to every one who reads it and sends it. Amin.

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Happened If... by LagosShia: 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2012
deols: Have you ever wondered what would have happened if we

bags and our pockets

Let our logo be
" Quran my friend"

Daily, we open messages from friends .. But how many times do we open the Quran and read messages sent from God " 

You can start by showing us the way.if you do all that you want us to do,then you have the high moral ground to preach to us and even rebuke us.till then,I leave you with this:

Holy Quran 5:105
"O you who believe, take care of your souls -- he who errs cannot harm you when you are on the right way. To Allah you will all return, so He will inform you of what you did".
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2012
deols: Have you ever wondered what would have happened if we

bags and our pockets

Let our logo be
" Quran my friend"

l think Lagoshia gave u a very deserving response. l think the world might have been better off than it is now if the quran is not being ignorantly used to wreck havoc.

ln response to ur post, we live in a circular state and not in an islamic state. some organizations clearly defines religious limit hence u keep ur belief one side and face ur work. eg reading quran during official hours, posting inscriptions that can scare away pple that dont share ur belief
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by deols(f): 6:10am On Oct 10, 2012
LagosShia:

You can start by showing us the way.if you do all that you want us to do,then you have the high moral ground to preach to us and even rebuke us.till then,I leave you with this:

Holy Quran 5:105
"O you who believe, take care of your souls -- he who errs cannot harm you when you are on the right way. To Allah you will all return, so He will inform you of what you did".

How do you want me to show you the way. Take a pix of me with my Qur'an and show it to you or swear to you that I do the above?

The words are an admonition put up in the form of rhetorical questions. I didn't think anyone would have a peoblem understanding what it is. I dont even see the relevance of the verse you quoted. You may want to explain that.

Anyways, reading that geared me towards reading the Qur'an more and I believe it can help some other person(s) too. I dont need you to support me on it.

5 Likes

Re: What Would Have Happened If... by deols(f): 6:14am On Oct 10, 2012
toba.:
l think Lagoshia gave u a very deserving response. l think the world might have been better off than it is now if the quran is not being ignorantly used to wreck havoc.

ln response to ur post, we live in a circular state and not in an islamic state. some organizations clearly defines religious limit hence u keep ur belief one side and face ur work. eg reading quran during official hours, posting inscriptions that can scare away pple that dont share ur belief

Well,like I said to LagosShia,not everyone has the thinking capacity to understand a rhetoric like the above. I am not surprised by your follow follow line of thought.

Once again, what if we can carry our Qur'an everywhere we go?
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by tpia5: 7:37am On Oct 10, 2012
If YOU want to do that, doesnt mean everyone else has to.

If you accidentally drop it, or it falls out of your purse, isnt that a sin?

If you get up to use the bathroom or something, and someone who has just finished blowing their nose, touches it , wont you start attacking the person?
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by tpia5: 7:38am On Oct 10, 2012
And if the people around you start assuming you're a terrorist, is that the effect you want for your muslim brothers and sisters?
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2012
I'm surprised(and disappointed) @ the responses this edifying post has garnered.
So do you stop reading the Quran for fear of being labelled terrorists
So do you stop taking your Quran with you for fear of dropping it? U mite as well never hold one anymore then.
So because we live in a secular state, we can't take our Quran to work but we can stay on facebook all day?, tweet about things dat don't affect us directly? Ping on BBM? And compulsively check frontpage on NL every minute?

Islamophobia is getting to the muslims?
or is it being-labelled-terrorist-o-phobia
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 10, 2012
deols:

Well,like I said to LagosShia,not everyone has the thinking capacity to understand a rhetoric like the above. I am not surprised by your follow follow line of thought.

Will u just shut da fk up with ur comment highlighted? I wasn't tailing anyone's response. I simply made myself clear that May be the world would have been a better place if ur fellow muslims (Boko haram, Alqaeda and Taliban) arent using the quran negatively to perpetrate evil. All these acts have pple sceptical about Islam. U need to open ur understand to read responses without being biased towards ur own thought.

In response to the last line in ur post. It cant be possible for u and i to carry either the bible or the quran everywhere on planet earth cos some pple dont share the same beliefs as we do. Also some pple might abuse it, like i posited earlier, if u take ur quran to work place, u might decide to start reading during official hours. This may cause collision between u and ur employee or ur clients. Some organizations dont even accept hijab or niqab talk less of carrying the bible to the place.

I'm responding with an open mind in view of facts we have on ground.

Lastly, i dont consider ur question a rhetoric, except if u believe u are the only one with answer(s) to it/them
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 10, 2012
annoymous: I'm surprised(and disappointed) @ the responses this edifying post has garnered.
So do you stop taking your Quran with you for fear of dropping it? U mite as well never hold one anymore then.
So because we live in a secular state, we can't take our Quran to work but we can stay on facebook all day?, tweet about things dat don't affect us directly? Ping on BBM? And compulsively check frontpage on NL every minute?

I wonder if u guys dont read responses before responding on a thread. The circumstances prevailing at the moment wouldnt allow that. Maybe if u find urself in a geographical location, characterised predominantly by Muslims, well this may not be impossible but if the reverse is the case, i honestly doubt it. Just as u indirectly affirmed in ur post, pple are being cautious whilst dealing with overzealous Muslims these days.

Making comparison between Quran and facebook shows u're thinking like a child(no harm intended) Facebook, yahoo, BBM etc are not religious platforms but social media platforms. We get information from nairaland, facebook, twitter etc which affords non muslims, Christians, atheists, deists to interact without discrimination. How ur quran centred around muslims can equate to social media eludes me. Once again ur comparison is illogical. Nairaland is owned by an atheist but quran is for muslims. Everybody can use BB, but not every can use the quran

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Happened If... by LagosShia: 11:38am On Oct 10, 2012
deols:

You're not required to carry the Quran everywhere you go.the rhetoric you drew is mostly if not all not Islamically required and can be done either individually in secret or to show off and yet still not to the magnitude asking us to carry around the Quran the way we carry our phones.in fact that's degrading to compare the Quran in hard copy with phones we carry up and down,yet still we can have a Quran software in our phones.your points cannot be used to draw a definite or uniform approach for the society.

I am reacting this way because this is how hypocrisy disguised with an "holier than thou" attitude leads to extremism.example,the salafist taliban movement have one time punished men whose beards are "not long enough"! In somalia,the al-shabab group,another salafist movement,would search people's phones to see if there's music in it.in saudi arabia as I've being told,the wahhabi aka salafist kingdom,have its morality police arresting people for not attending friday prayer-while those arresting are themselves not in attendance.this salafist aka wahhabi madness should stop.islam isn't like that where you scrutinize how people worship or how spiritual they are and that is why I quoted verse 5:105.you can't force people to be very good and you cannot prevent them from going bad by enforcing ridiculous rules that take away people's privacy.for instance take the fatwa frm salafists that women shouldn't be left close to cucumbers,carrots and fruits/vegetables that have a phallic shape.leave people to be guided by their conscience.Allah (swt) will judge us all.the Quran makes it clear religion/belief is by choice.there are general rules that are obligatory and should be observed by all.don't just add more in the guise of uplifting religion when whatever additional is personal choice.

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2012
toba: I wonder if u guys dont read responses before responding on a thread. The circumstances prevailing at the moment wouldnt allow that. Maybe if u find urself in a geographical location, characterised predominantly by Muslims, well this may not be impossible but if the reverse is the case, i honestly doubt it. Just as u indirectly affirmed in ur post, pple are being cautious whilst dealing with overzealous Muslims these days.

Making comparison between Quran and facebook shows u're thinking like a child(no harm intended) Facebook, yahoo, BBM etc are not religious platforms but social media platforms. We get information from nairaland, facebook, twitter etc which affords non muslims, Christians, atheists, deists to interact without discrimination. How ur quran centred around muslims can equate to social media eludes me. Once again ur comparison is illogical. Nairaland is owned by an atheist but quran is for muslims. Everybody can use BB, but not every can use the quran

What circumstances? Your post doesn't make much sense (no harm intended). Do you think there was ever a time in history when people didn't dislike muslims? What don't you understand in the analogy? People don't have a problem wasting/spending time on fb, twitter, NL but dey have a problem when such tym is spent reading the Quran or other islamic text - isn't that hypocrisy? Your post lacks substance IMHO.

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
LagosShia:

You're not required to carry the Quran everywhere you go.the rhetoric you drew is mostly if not all not Islamically required and can be done either individually in secret or to show off and yet still not to the magnitude asking us to carry around the Quran the way we carry our phones.in fact that's degrading to compare the Quran in hard copy with phones we carry up and down,yet still we can have a Quran software in our phones.your points cannot be used to draw a definite or uniform approach for the society.

I am reacting this way because this is how hypocrisy disguised with an "holier than thou" attitude leads to extremism.example,the salafist taliban movement have one time punished men whose beards are "not long enough"! In somalia,the al-shabab group,another salafist movement,would search people's phones to see if there's music in it.in saudi arabia as I've being told,the wahhabi aka salafist kingdom,have its morality police arresting people for not attending friday prayer-while those arresting are themselves not in attendance.this salafist aka wahhabi madness should stop.islam isn't like that where you scrutinize how people worship or how spiritual they are and that is why I quoted verse 5:105.you can't force people to be very good and you cannot prevent them from going bad by enforcing ridiculous rules that take away people's privacy.for instance take the fatwa frm salafists that women shouldn't be left close to cucumbers,carrots and fruits/vegetables that have a phallic shape.leave people to be guided by their conscience.Allah (swt) will judge us all.the Quran makes it clear religion/belief is by choice.there are general rules that are obligatory and should be observed by all.don't just add more in the guise of uplifting religion when whatever additional is personal choice.

Dis is almost unbelievable. You go to such lengths to prove what? I scrolled back to the original post to see if anything in it could be said to be Bid'ah and I find no such thing. Its just an innocent admonition to us to make the Qur'an more relevant in our lives. If you have a problem with it, ignore the post. It doesn't compel us to do anything? It doesn't compel us to read any particular # of pages. It doesn't say if you don't do any of the things it suggests, you are wrong or hell bound.

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
annoymous:

What circumstances?
That 99% of terrorists are muslims who rely on reading the quran before killing innocent people

annoymous:
Your post doesn't make much sense (no harm intended).
Maybe because u failed to use ur sense whilst reading my post. Its up there for you to review once again and this time i'll urge you to do so logically.

annoymous:
Do you think there was ever a time in history when people didn't dislike muslims?
Of course, this may be due to the perceived notion that only few muslims are not overzealous and violent. I repeat only few muslims arent violent and overzealous. Even here on NL, some muslims are intolerant, violent and filled with hatred towards fellow forum members, hence the skepticism about Islam and its followers. This could be traced to the foundation of Islam and its principle(s)

annoymous:
What don't you understand in the analogy? People don't have a problem wasting/spending time on fb, twitter, NL but dey have a problem when such tym is spent reading the Quran or other islamic text - isn't that hypocrisy?
Your analogy is ridiculous and nonsensical. Comparing religious book to online internet social media is like comparing a car with a luxury bus.

Let me educate u a bit. The quran is a book thats static(i.e it cant be edited and words/text therein are permanent) therefore u can never find latest info about flood in some southern parts of Nigeria written in the Quran. This only shows how ridiculous ur comparison is. U are on Nairaland responding to post, can u do that with ur quran? the video of the 4 students killed in Aluu is on Youtube, is same published in ur quran? President Goodluck is the president of Nigeria, was this prophesied in the quran.

Pointing out the illogicality in ur defence of the quran, the social media gives u latest information that directly affects you, ur neighbourhood, the neighbourhood of others and that of the world at large. U are posting on Nl, cant u just sit and start reading ur quran? Ur moderator here spends most of his daily hours on the internet to do his business and earn a living, can he do that with the quran? There is time for everything. In as much as reading ur book is good based on the dictates of ur religion, but being overzealous about it is risky to ur life.

Therefore pple gain more things on the internet than they would gain from the book

annoymous:
Your post lacks substance IMHO.
And urs is filled with trash and garbage.

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Happened If... by deols(f): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
annoymous: I'm surprised(and disappointed) @ the responses this edifying post has garnered.

Some can't read between the lines. they expect everything to be spelt out to them.
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by deols(f): 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2012
toba: Will u just shut da fk up with ur comment highlighted? I wasn't tailing anyone's response. I simply made myself clear that May be the world would have been a better place if ur fellow muslims (Boko haram, Alqaeda and Taliban) arent using the quran negatively to perpetrate evil. All these acts have pple sceptical about Islam. U need to open ur understand to read responses without being biased towards ur own thought.

In response to the last line in ur post. It cant be possible for u and i to carry either the bible or the quran everywhere on planet earth cos some pple dont share the same beliefs as we do. Also some pple might abuse it, like i posited earlier, if u take ur quran to work place, u might decide to start reading during official hours. This may cause collision between u and ur employee or ur clients. Some organizations dont even accept hijab or niqab talk less of carrying the bible to the place.

I'm responding with an open mind in view of facts we have on ground.

Lastly, i dont consider ur question a rhetoric, except if u believe u are the only one with answer(s) to it/them

what open mind are you talking about. there is no where I have been that I found anyone challenge my holding the glorious Qur'an and I have been to places.

Your problem is still that of reasoning. this is an admonition like I said and not something I am forcing anyone to do nor a sin if anyone decides not to. In fact, the phone is used only to carry people along. some form of analogy employed.

I have the iQur'an app on my phone. I practically carry the Qur'an everywhere I go but the above message is still directed at me because the message is aimed at making me see reasons to recite, read and ponder over the QUr'an more.

If you would reason well, you'd see that the message is only to encourage the daily use of the Qur'an and not a second by second use of it.

NB-
I will not reply any unreasonable comment from you over this again.
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by deols(f): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2012
tpia@:
If YOU want to do that, doesnt mean everyone else has to.

If you accidentally drop it, or it falls out of your purse, isnt that a sin?

If you get up to use the bathroom or something, and someone who has just finished blowing their nose, touches it , wont you start attacking the person?

and did I say everyone must?

If I accidentally drop it, it is not a sin.

Every reasonable Muslim knows not to take the Qur'an to the bathroom. We aren't talking of the bible here, mind you.
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by deols(f): 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
tpia@:
And if the people around you start assuming you're a terrorist, is that the effect you want for your muslim brothers and sisters?

Well, I am not the type who gets offended by such. Call me whatever- your problem.

You must care so much about what people think of you. that doesn't speak of a high self esteem
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by deols(f): 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
LagosShia:

Are you serious? You may consider spacing your words abeg. am a bit opthalmologically challenged. Had to skip all those long talks ehn.

Am surprised by what you are driving at. The point of the message is- Muslims, give your Qur'an more of your time. Love your QUr'an. The time you spend on the less important things is too much. spend some more time on the Qur'an . Now simplified, are you calling the message wrong?

This your new post does not even correlate with your initial one. I can sense delirium.
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2012
deols:

what open mind are you talking about. there is no where I have been that I found anyone challenge my holding the glorious Qur'an and I have been to places.
Of course this is possible provided you've been to mostly where ur fellow muslims are. You just try to go for a Job interview at the British embassy and flaunt ur quran, to see what responses you'll get.

deols:
Your problem is still that of reasoning. this is an admonition like I said
really? very good of u. An admonition that started with querying? Good girl.
deols:
not something I am forcing anyone to do nor a sin if anyone decides not to.
Even if u forced pple, im sure no one will listen cos they know the consequences of having to carry the bible/quran where ever they go.
deols: In fact, the phone is used only to carry people along. some form of analogy employed.
So? This still doesnt help ur case.
deols:
I have the iQur'an app on my phone. I practically carry the Qur'an everywhere I go but the above message is still directed at me because the message is aimed at making me see reasons to recite, read and ponder over the QUr'an more.
So? I also have the bible on my galaxy which im using to type right, but that doesnt mean i should be reading it almost 24hrs like u're 'admonishing' pple to do with the quran

deols:

If you would reason well, you'd see that the message is only to encourage the daily use of the Qur'an and not a second by second use of it.
whats the difference? U probably dont fully understand the deep meaning/interpretation of all these

bags and our pockets

May be u didnt fully read what u posted and decipher if its actually overzealousness that u're advocating or not

deols:
NB-
I will not reply any unreasonable comment from you over this again.
Abeg spare me this hypocritical line. We are not fighting, neither are we enemies. I'm only trying to draw ur attention to the perceived errors in ur post. Thats all. take it or leave it, Nairaland is a public forum and not anyone's personal ppty save Oluwaseun Osewa
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
deols:

and did I say everyone must?

If I accidentally drop it, it is not a sin.

Every reasonable Muslim knows not to take the Qur'an to the bathroom. We aren't talking of the bible here, mind you.

This is the height of hypocrisy. Why does it have to concern the bible? U see? What if u're robbed and the quran stolen from ur bag 'as you've encouraged us to put it in our bags'
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
If there's one thing I have learnt in life - its not to argue with d likes of you.
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
annoymous: If there's one thing I have learnt in life - its not to argue with d likes of you.
Before nko? can u argue against the facts? I simply stated the obvious. Social media and religious books are two mutually exclusive 'things/services' What i can get on Facebook, i cant get in the religious books.
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by deols(f): 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2012
annoymous:

What circumstances? Your post doesn't make much sense (no harm intended). Do you think there was ever a time in history when people didn't dislike muslims? What don't you understand in the analogy? People don't have a problem wasting/spending time on fb, twitter, NL but dey have a problem when such tym is spent reading the Quran or other islamic text - isn't that hypocrisy? Your post lacks substance IMHO.
annoymous:

Dis is almost unbelievable. You go to such lengths to prove what? I scrolled back to the original post to see if anything in it could be said to be Bid'ah and I find no such thing. Its just an innocent admonition to us to make the Qur'an more relevant in our lives. If you have a problem with it, ignore the post. It doesn't compel us to do anything? It doesn't compel us to read any particular # of pages. It doesn't say if you don't do any of the things it suggests, you are wrong or hell bound.

you said it all. I ddnt need to respond at all
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by ayinba1(f): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2012
@tpia

If you drop the Quran accidentally, it is not a sin. If someone touches your Quran with filthy hands, you do not fight them. You simply let them know that it is not acceptable. Would you want someone to touch your regular book with filth/filthy hands? If someone steals your Quran, that is all it is; your Quran was stolen.

I hope this sheds some light on it for you Toba.

Having said that, I see the OP encouraging us to read the Quran in the spare time we use for fb, twitter and the rest of them, ain't nothing wrong with that. We muslims also do believe in giving unto Cesar what is his. So you will not catch us reading Quran during work hours unless we are on break.
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
ayinba1: @tpia

If you drop the Quran accidentally, it is not a sin. If someone touches your Quran with filthy hands, you do not fight them. You simply let them know that it is not acceptable. Would you want someone to touch your regular book with filth/filthy hands? If someone steals your Quran, that is all it is; your Quran was stolen.

I hope this sheds some light on it for you Toba.

Having said that, I see the OP encouraging us to read the Quran in the spare time we use for fb, twitter and the rest of them, ain't nothing wrong with that. We muslims also do believe in giving unto Cesar what is his. So you will not catch us reading Quran during work hours unless we are on break.
thats my take as well
Re: What Would Have Happened If... by olawalebabs(m): 1:23am On Oct 11, 2012
Thread like this make me doubt the intellectual capacity of some people, must we always comment on thread. Some people may add value to themselve if they ONLY read more than comment.

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Happened If... by busar(m): 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2012
what a nice reminder!jazaakillahu khayr

1 Like

Re: What Would Have Happened If... by sino(m): 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
The Qur'an is a reminder, we need to be mindful of Allah's word at every point in time, at least, as much as we can afford.

Make the Qur'an your companion, learn it, know it by heart and work with it...

Download it on your hand-held devices, make a verse your wall paper on your pcs and laptops,

Wherever you are, In all you do, make Allah's Word part of you.
Sister deols, jazakumullah khayran for shareing.

P.s: i am beginning to wonder o, it seems peeps are overstanding posts these days o...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Appeal for Donations Towards Saving Ustadh Rasheed Yusuf Abu Furqaan's Life / . / Why Make Dua If Everything Has Been Destined?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.