Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,502 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC (5758 Views)

Do You Know About Genotype AC? / Do We Have Anything Like Genotype Ac And Sc. / Please Explain What Genotype AC Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by FelcoCom: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2012
Pls i nid an info,i did my medical test 2day nd i was told dat i am genotype AC,d doctor told me dat i must nt get married 2 a genotype AS or AC...pls i want to knw more abt genotype AC...cos i ave neva heard of dat b4
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by UjSizzle(f): 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2012
Never heard of genotype AC before. Try googling it. Google knows everything
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by diva90: 1:04am On Oct 10, 2012
No such thing as AC...there is AS
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by bolseas(f): 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2012
my mum na AC (she is 50+).

married my dad who was AS

our last born #6 is SC and she is doing fine. though she is not allowed to do Strenuous activity.

and my mum is in very good health.

dont stress yourself by worrying unnecessarily...

1 Like

Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by FelcoCom: 6:15am On Oct 12, 2012
Tnx,but can u tel me d genotype of others
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by bolseas(f): 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
i dont know fa. i will ask them.

just dont marry an AC or SC. AA and AS are still safe.

i am talking from my famiy experience.

i will find out from my other siblings
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by FelcoCom: 5:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
Tnx...but try to find out pls
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 13, 2012
havent heard about AC genotype, well this is what i found "Genotype AC: At position 6 of one globin chain is GLUTAMATE and at position 6 of the second globin chain, you have LYSINE",it seems it's a genetic code that gives ur children the possibility of being resistant to malaria but not anaemic, assuming both parents have the genotype ac. AC can't marry an AS or SC
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by bolseas(f): 9:42am On Oct 15, 2012
Dad - AS, Mum - AC,

#1- Not Yet Known,

#2- AA, #3- Not Known Yet,

#4- AA, #5- Not Known Yet

and #6- SC

Please note that it differs from family to family. I even spoke with my mum about it this morning and she said she feels fine and my sister ie #6 is doing very ok.

when i get the genotype of the others, i will let you know. but relax...nothing do you.
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by FelcoCom: 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
Tnx,try to ask....tnx alot
Re: Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
I'll give it to you straight and this from experience,

* don't marry anybody with the S trait ; AS, AC, SS, SC

Because you have a 70% chance to conceive a full blown sickle cell child(ren).

Is that clear?

(1) (Reply)

How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness / Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits / Razor Bumps!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.