Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,600 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness (5764 Views)

5 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy Without Using Condom / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally / Urine Therapy - Perfect Cure for all Sickness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by jossygirl: 5:55pm On Mar 06, 2007
How Do I Avoid Being Sick During Pregnancy Cos I Work In A Bank

hi friends,

Please, I am a young married lady who works in a new generation bank. I just discovered that I am 2 months pregnant. How do I avoid been sick all through the duration of the pregnancy, because I've not yet been confirmed it and I don't want to lose my job. I am waiting desperating so dear women who ve gone through the same shoes with me.

Thanks.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by mamaput(f): 8:40pm On Mar 06, 2007
aviod smells and food you cannot stand.
normally after 3 months morning sickness stops i heard.
I do not know because i never had it with any of my kids.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by Ndipe(m): 9:57pm On Mar 06, 2007
I read eating crackers help in reducing morning sickness. Do a proper research on google.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by Seun(m): 7:30am On Mar 07, 2007
Aww. I think it's sad that a woman can lose her job due to pregnancy. That's why self-employment is the best.

How to prevent yourself from getting sick during pregnancy? I think you should consult a friendly doctor. Cheers!
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by tunmininu(f): 8:25am On Mar 07, 2007
i might not have experienced one but i work around them.I will advise you to rest very well,don't overwork yourself and visit the clinic
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by nikynike(f): 9:00am On Mar 07, 2007
Attend ur weekly antenatal check up. Avoid fried foods take more of vegetables and fruits.
Carryout a scan test in your 20weeks,28weeks and 36weeks.This will enable you to know the position of your baby
and if the placenta is in the right position. Take your routine drugs as prescribed by your doctor.And carry out urine and blood test every antenatal check up. l believe these information will assisst you.
[color=#990000][/color]

2 Likes

Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by LadyT(f): 9:10am On Mar 07, 2007
Hey love hopefully you are nothing like my mother she spent 3months in hospital with morning sickness. I am so scared. I have heard eating very small slices of fresh ginger helps a lot. Also if you suffer from heartburn take heartburn tablets usually in fruit or mint flavor. Also wake up a bit earlier then you usually do and take your time getting dressed.

Also whatever food you crave be it fried or whatever make sure you eat as much as you can stomach because that may be the only thing you wish and can only eat. So don't worry thats its fried or not just eat it. You need energy.

Good luck and congratulations may God delievery you safely! kiss

1 Like

Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by whiteroses(f): 9:19am On Mar 07, 2007
hi, i don't have any solution to give but i'm just happy for you that's why i'm writting, as in you got married you are pregnant and you work in a nice bank, isn't that the life people die for. anyway bye i'll go research google for you bye love[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by Bimmyjj: 10:12am On Mar 07, 2007
How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness?
My dear, it is only by the grace of God that you can be strong. Just trust God and be strong. dont worry your job is secured in hands of God.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by exotique(f): 10:45am On Mar 07, 2007
Congrats.
Try to confirm ur preg. status asap.
Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
A little exercise will help.
Try to know what things make u feel good and vice versa.
Register at a good A/N clinic on time.
Search on google and other search engines.
Above all, be prayerful.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by jjuummaaii(f): 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2007
log on to www.babyfit.com, there lotta tips there for pregnant women and u'll also meet loads of peeps in ur condition who'll offer u good advice, but above all pray about it and dont put ur mind on it cos most times those morning sickness could be psycological, also try as much to enjoy urself like looking good at all times cos it also helps to lift up ur mood.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by taj: 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2007
Being sick during pregnancy actually depends on an individual. There are no tricks to it, except pray to God to give you a stress-free pregnancy. Usually, the first 3mths is when you should be more worried about getting sick. Make sure to go for regular check ups and always let your Dr. know about how u are feeling (also the pregnancy itself-baby). Have a safe delivery.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by agnesoseka: 11:30am On Mar 08, 2007
Congrats girl, i guess it all dpends on ur body system, do ur regular exercises and avoid fried stuff,eat plenty veg, etc.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by eemelike(m): 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2007
Eat lots of crackers( try non salted) and fruits. Avoid fried and smelly foods.
And, though work is good considering our economic realities, the baby is more important.
So, if stressed up. Do be afraid to quit and start again after child birth.
I know that sound difficult!!!
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by Consultant(f): 6:37pm On Mar 08, 2007
I had a very bad case of morning sickness during my pregnancy and non of the usual remedies worked for me. If you have a boss that is understanding, you may want to consider confiding in him/her early. For instance, my sister worked in a bank when she was pregnant and she was in the same position as you - she joined the bank after she got pregnant so she wasn't confirmed yet. Her boss put her in the bulk room to count cash until she had her baby. True it's not the most pleasant of jobs but she could sit down for the better part of the day, and more importantly she was out of sight of most workers and customers of the bank so she could drool as much as she wanted without putting anybody off.

If you don't have a boss who would make allowances for you, then try and get as much sleep as possible in the night, and take multivitamins with iron in it to keep up your energy level, and as someone has said, consult a doctor.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by uspry1(f): 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2007
@seun, yes it is true self-employment is great for pregnant mothers to work at home less worry about losing a job.

@topic, I have experience pregnancy before like this:

[list]
[li]Consult your doctor telling you about morning sickness and how to avoid it[/li]
[li]Avoid any greasy, fried, smelling armoa food that make you feel nausea[/li]
[li]Eat plenty of unsalted cracker, water, vegetable/fruits, and caffine-free ginger ale soda[/li]
[li]morning sickness will stop after 3rd or 4th months pregnancy[/li]
[li]Must be stress-free at work during first 4 months very important for baby development that stage[/li]
[li]No smoking, No drink alchol/caffine (tea, coffee, chocolate), and No use illegal drugs that harm your baby during first 6 months pregnancy stage[/li]
[li]ALWAYS FOLLOW DOCTOR ORDER ALL THE TIME FOR WHOLE 9 MONTHS to bring healthy baby[/li]
[/list]

In the USA, most company offers pregnant workers to have maternity leave benefit, some has family leave benefit in order to return work after baby born. Check out company policy/benefit handout manual book or contact your company human resource office for more information.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by MyPeace(f): 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2007
Congrats sweetie. The LORD has indeed blessed you. HE that started a good work in you will never abandon it. No cause for alarm, trust HIM for a good health.
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by Angelheart: 8:23am On Mar 15, 2007
Let me start by first congratulating you my dear!

Well, my pregnancy was nasty abn the main cause was stress.  I was in an abusive and a stressful relationship.  So, avoid stress as much as you can. 

In the first three months, you will experience morning sickness and nausea. That is normal and it cannot be avoided. To minimize it though, before you sleep, drink a glass of water with toasted bread. Keep the bread dry.In the morning, eat the dry bread again.  Throughout the day, try nibbling on salty biscuits. DRINK LOTSA WATER!!!!

Take regular walks and do mild excercises. To make the pregancy more fun, involve your husband. Go to the scans together and go through baby books/magazines with him.

This is your first child and just try to enjoy the pregancy to the fullest.

Good luck!
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by jgirl3: 8:32am On Mar 15, 2007
Actually Morning Sickness is an adaptation for the baby. Within 8 - 12 weeks of conception, the fetus is acquiring its immune system hence the cause of the morning sickness. As Ndipe said, crackers and sprite or 7 up can supress it a little bit.

2 Likes

Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by Angelheart: 10:25am On Mar 15, 2007
It is an adaptation of the baby but also of a mother too. Foreign substances are being released by the baby inot her system and the body is trying to get accustomed to those hormones.

1 Like

Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by gynny(f): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
Nausea and vomiting are very common symptoms that present in different types of medical conditions. They can also be caused by several conditions. Most often, nausea and vomiting are due to viral gastroenteritis or the morning sickness of early pregnancy. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/nausea-and-vomiting-causes-of-nausea-and-vomiting/
Re: How To Experience Pregnancy Without Sickness by Ruhuoma49: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2021
Please does anyone know what can help me??
I'm approaching 8 weeks of pregnancy and I'm always sick. I've been to several clinics, I've run all the tests there is. I always feel like dying.
This is my first pregnancy and just two months in marriage, my husband is so scared that I had to come to my mum's place to ease him up a little.
I'm always rushed to the emergency unit, yet nothing. God forgive me, I've even thought of terminating it.
I spit like two to three litres of not more of saliva and thick phlegm from the throat daily and I've chewed practically everything.
Anyone that knows something that can help please do, my sanity is almost up.

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Fruits In Nigeria And Its Benefits / 6 Million Die From Smoking Globally Every Year Says WHO / Pls I Want To Know More About Genotype AC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.