Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

The Ouk Disaster - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ouk Disaster (517 Views)

The Newly Launched Njiko Igbo Social-official Site - Ouk Youths!!! / OUK Caught Attempting To Rape An 18yr Old Girl / News Update: Ouk Booed At Oau Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ouk Disaster by Ikndukwe: 7:39am On Oct 10, 2012
Each time OUK has opportunity of talking to the press, he reechoes how ‘he single handedly’ made TAO. As OUK is busy playing god, he would need to tell us between him and TAO, who helped the other first. OUK had virtually gone on his knees begging TAO as INEC senior official to give him lessons on how to go beyond the popularity of School Leaving Certificate. At the time, while T
AO was an influential technocrat, OUK was coming from the background of a fraudulent businessman.

Other places where things are done accordingly, OUK should be in jail or the least thinking of how to forfeit Abians’ collective wealth which he criminally converted to his personal own. I hope OUK is not one of those who get more foolish as they grow older. Otherwise, he ought to know that a genuinely repented criminal starts with restitution when asking for forgiveness.

I am ashamed that the only thing OUK could claim he did for eight years was constructing Old – Umuahia Road and the Ebem Ohafia Road. Since I am a liar, let independent assessors visit this place and confirm why OUK deserve a permanent RED in the history of Abia politics. I am ashamed that he prides himself as having built a hospital (primary health) when he rubbished the State University Teaching Hospital by owing them upwards of eleven months salaries. Only a selfish, greedy and retroactive leader would so behave

He has asked us to forgive him. Why not, we have forgiven him but plead with him to let sleeping dogs lie. We plead with him to give us time for the hurt he inflicted on us to heal before he adds salt to injury. We plead with him to give us time to mend the weak structure he laid as Abia Foundation which has affected every other facet of our lives.

Adults don’t lie at least willfully. Christians do not make comments that deceive others. By saying you did not leave debts as Governor, I will only say; it is your trademark. You were the same person that gave empty boxes as money at the University of Maiduguri endowment fund launching several years back. You deceived a whole University community and lied to them you did not know the boxes were empty.

Nigerians know better than you think. Abians have access to records and we could confirm that by the time you left, the State Government suffered deductions from its monthly allocations owing to the monies you borrowed to service you very many private businesses. Otherwise, there is nothing to justify the huge sums of debt you bequeathed as a parting gift to Abians.

“Go back to your archives. Obasanjo made me the Action Governor for that regime on account of the Aba roads that I constructed. He came to Aba and campaigned on those roads. Anywhere in the world, roads are maintained every two to three years, if not, they will collapse. I cleaned up Aba”.

I do not want to believe OUK has short memory. For the records, OBJ visited Aba in 1999 shortly after OUK was sworn in and unfortunately the only such visit he made until he left office in 2007. he took him to that Faulks Road end of Umule whch he had repaired up to Okereke Road (meanwhile MCC and up to TONIMAS was not motorable) within few months of being sworn in. By passing, OBJ christened him ACTION GOVERNOR believing that if he could do that in few months, Abia would be haven after four years. We all know what happened after.

OUK also attempted constructing Osusu Road with speed, same with Cemetry Road . It was within this period that the concept of DUBAI ROAD was sneaked into Abia lexicon. OUK knows that all those roads collapsed in less than four months after construction. I also need to remind him that in one of his popularity testing shows at Enyimba stadium, the mammoth crowd cursed and abused him. What rent in the air was GA KPOO DIRTY, O GINWA BU MUGU (go and clean Aba, you are the Mugu, not us). At the time, Osusu had collapsed, while literally all the nooks and crannies of Aba were littered with heaps of garbage. The late Eleke Chukwu (Aba North Chairrman at the time) did an emergency repair at Ehime Rd end of that Osusu Road (with wheel barrow, trowel and shovel). If OUK knew that roads are maintained two to three years, let him tell us the last time he maintained Osusu, Cemetry and Umule befoe he left. Cemetry Road has remained an eye sore tile date just after four months of the ACTION GOVERNOR’S wayo.

Those who use the Old Umuahia Road he said he constructed would be better judges. Let us look at the quality of roads OUK constructed while his bogus title of ACTION GOVERNOR lasted.
Truth is, he was reputed to have done the most substandard roads in the history of Abia State and the records are there. Ask residents of Umule, Osusu and Cemetry.

OUK should be ashamed because while he was gallivanting and erroneously ascribing to himself the title of ACTION GOVERNOR, his sister governors were practically demonstrating governance. While OUK did the Old – Umuahia Road and the general hospital in his native Igbere,

1. Chimaraoke Nnamani constructed a modern hospital at Park Lane and upgraded the ESUT Teaching Hospital in addition to building ESUT permanent site
2. Achike started and completed the Imo State University Teaching Hospital, in addition to constructing a model workers secretariat and by the way a whole lot of standard roads
3. At Rivers State, Odili simultaneously took on a whole lot of projects, including a model Government House while OUK lived in a rented apartment as Governor
4. Sam Egwu gave Abakiliki the facelift that made it look like a State capital while OUK did not do a single capital project in Umuahia.
5. Donald Duke did wonders with the TINAPA INITIATIVE while Obong Victor Attah started the Airport Project. Whither OUK? Dustbin of history

I ask OUK again, at what point in his government did he remember the future of those he is asking to forgive him? He took us back twenty years and would need to give us forty years to rebuild all that he destroyed.

(1) (Reply)

What Role Should Africa, The AU, Or Nigeria Play In US Presidential Election / Nigeria: Boko Haram Chief's Arrest - SSS To Quiz Senator Today / Fashola Means Business: Lagos Bus Drivers And Conductors To Wear Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.