Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,169 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

OLD ARGUMENTS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OLD ARGUMENTS (1613 Views)

SSS Allowed Back Into Aso Rock After Heated Arguments / Simplified Arguments RE: SUBSIDY / Despite All The "silly" Arguments Daily, What Has Nairaland Contributed To Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
Bla Blaa Blaaa

3 Likes

Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2012
U are just waking up, let me add this, we do not need to eliminate anybody, for dis country to move forward, but rather willing accept our failure and ask for leadership assitantance from WELL KNOWN sociologist and political scientist for a way to help restructure our mental orientation and iQ. God does not recognise nigeria at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2012
dj militant: U are just waking up, let me add this, we do not need to eliminate anybody, for dis country to move forward, but rather willing accept our failure and ask for leadership assitantance from WELL KNOWN sociologist and political scientist for a way to help restructure our mental orientation and iQ. God does not recognise nigeria at the moment.

That would be an obvious solution to our wahala, but what kind of restructuring and mental re-orientation will change our leaders' minds from looting when they have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be up there? What will you do with the 7yr old lagos boy who can buy you beer in Lagos just to set you up to be robbed? What will you do to stop a typical Nigerian from the insatiable quest for wealth at all cost? How can you change the vengeance in the minds of victimized Nigerians who are looking from an outlet to vent all their anger and frustration at the system?

My bro, with due respect, this one pass sociologist and political scientist matter o
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Vogue50: 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
ziqqz: I am NOT a proud Nigerian. I think Nigeria is a hair's breath away from hopeless. I'm convinced that this chaotic country is a disgrace to humanity. I fear that we are destined to self-destruct.

What a country! Just big for nothing. We're choking on the greed and betrayal and frustrations and desperation and bitterness and helplessness of one too many fellow countrymen.

Every passing day in Nigeria is a mortal threat to human life. This country does not even know its own. Nigeria has no record to prove that me and you are alive today. That's why we can have video evidence of murderers in broad daylight and our country cannot put names to their faces. Barbarism is where we're headed in the 21st century.

We are indoctrinated into a corrupt system of life right from birth. Corruption is made "core option," and life can be sometimes impossible without at least a bit of it. Our children are bombarded by its practice everywhere they turn. If every existing being from Nigeria - and I mean from toddlers to the last man standing - is not wiped out in order to begin a new orientation and generation of Nigerians, our problems will live with us, forever.

Step out of Nigeria and it can sometimes be shaming to carry that green passport. In foreign lands, Nigeria cannot stand up and defend her people, or preserve our physical security when required. Our reputation precedes us, so even when you may be one of the very very, very, very, very very few well-meaning Nigerians, there is no escape from the stigma out there.

There is hardly anywhere from which we can be genuinely hopeful for the future. And yet I thought somebody here wrote something about us being the giant of Africa. Which dirty giant?? Na ONLY by human population we get mouth. Nothing else.

So I thought to ask... In consideration of all this, if you were presented with an opportunity to change your nationality to any other one which would at least value your life, would you renounce your Nigerian citizenship for a country with a better name and reputation?
u should be proud of your country, you should uphold her honor and glory that you have pledged to do when u recite the national anthem ; that shows how patriotic a citizen should be!
I disagree with u that our country is a disgrace to humanity and destined to destruction because we are not the poorest of countries , neither are we the most corrupt nation on earth. Don't despair but believe in a better Nigeria . Our collective sacrifices as a people today will suffice for our tommorow .
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2012
Vogue50: u should be proud of your country, you should uphold her honor and glory that you have pledged to do when u recite the national anthem ; that shows how patriotic a citizen should be!
I disagree with u that our country is a disgrace to humanity and destined to destruction because we are not the poorest of countries , neither are we the most corrupt nation on earth. Don't despair but believe in a better Nigeria . Our collective sacrifices as a people today will suffice for our tommorow .
i am suprised that u still beleive in nigeria if i ask u who is the governor of kebbi u will say u dont know, u knw why because he is doing noting 4 people to notice him so also other political office holders who believe in sidon tight mentality.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Ramcie(f): 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2012
Am black and am Proud.
Am a Nigerian and am proud. God didn't make a mistake in placing me here so am not about to change that, irrespective of the situation which I pray and hope would get better someday, I LOVE MY FATHERLAND, I LOVE 9JA.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2012
Vogue50: u should be proud of your country, you should uphold her honor and glory that you have pledged to do when u recite the national anthem ; that shows how patriotic a citizen should be!

It is quite commendable that you're as optimistic as you seem. Countless people before you have thought like you, and countless more will proclaim your same words. But compare the wealth of this land to the utter chaos that characterizes our streets. For God's sake we still cannot afford steady power supply in the so-called giant of africa. Amongst the countries with as much resources and potential as Nigeria, of course, we are the poorest! How many nations do you know that habe institutionalized corruption as much as we have. Yes, I know other country more corrupt.

But I still must respect your optimism. Let's hope you're being honest to yourself about this Nigeria.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
ziqqz:

That would be an obvious solution to our wahala, but what kind of restructuring and mental re-orientation will change our leaders' minds from looting when they have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be up there? What will you do with the 7yr old lagos boy who can buy you beer in Lagos just to set you up to be robbed? What will you do to stop a typical Nigerian from the insatiable quest for wealth at all cost? How can you change the vengeance in the minds of victimized Nigerians who are looking from an outlet to vent all their anger and frustration at the system?

My bro, with due respect, this one pass sociologist and political scientist matter o
grin
ziqqz:

europe and america was not built by politicians,biggest baddest boys,runs girls or godfathers,but by the ideas of philosophers,thinkers,sociologist and various diciplines, so also do we need this set of people to change nigeria
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
Ramcie: Am black and am Proud.
Am a Nigerian and am proud. God didn't make a mistake in placing me here so am not about to change that, irrespective of the situation which I pray and hope would get better someday, I LOVE MY FATHERLAND, I LOVE 9JA.

That's a good mentality you have there. Kudos!

However, there you go with one of Nigeria's major problems = bringing God into the matter at the slightest nudge. I believe God did not plan it like this for this country. He may not have made a mistake in placing you here, but what did He make a mistake in placing those four innocent boys in PH in order to be slaughtered by our barbaric brothers and sisters?

Please, softly softly when you go down that road o
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Vogue50: 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
dj militant: U are just waking up, let me add this, we do not need to eliminate anybody, for dis country to move forward, but rather willing accept our failure and ask for leadership assitantance from WELL KNOWN sociologist and political scientist for a way to help restructure our mental orientation and iQ. God does not recognise nigeria at the moment.
We don't need your so called well known sociologist or political scientist to restructure our mental orientation or psyche ! I think majority of us in ths country are sane already .
Sociology simply means the study of social problems ; derived from two words socio and logy ; meaning social and study respectively.
How will that solve our enermous challenge in various sectors of our economy such as health , education , transportation , finance , maritime , etc ? Pls tell me your source to prove that GOD does not recognize Nigeria at the moment ?
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2012
dj militant: grin europe and america was not built by politicians,biggest baddest boys,runs girls or godfathers,but by the ideas of philosophers,thinkers,sociologist and various diciplines, so also do we need this set of people to change nigeria

The fundamental difference between us and europe or america is that while their people were spending time and making the sacrifice required to become "philosophers, thinkers, sociologists" etc., our own people were - and still are - investing our time in perfecting the art of thievery (politicians), biggest badder boyz, runz gals and godfatherism. This is a big problem for us. Most of our people would rather be runs ppl and godfathers rather that the social changers you recommend.

1 Like

Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2012
Am proud to b a Nigerian...bt seriously if i had d opportunity of comn bak to dis world again, in thousands of years to come....i do not wna have anyfn to do with Africans!
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 10, 2012
Vogue50: We don't need your so called well known sociologist or political scientist to restructure our mental orientation or psyche ! I think majority of us in ths country are sane already .
Sociology simply means the study of social problems ; derived from two words socio and logy ; meaning social and study respectively.
How will that solve our enermous challenge in various sectors of our economy such as health , education , transportation , finance , maritime , etc ? Pls tell me your source to prove that GOD does not recognize Nigeria at the moment ?
what did u think was the greatest invention europe in 1800's it was the sociological thinkers and their school of taught that brought about the industrail revolution.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Vogue50: 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
ziqqz:

It is quite commendable that you're as optimistic as you seem. Countless people before you have thought like you, and countless more will proclaim your same words. But compare the wealth of this land to the utter chaos that characterizes our streets. For God's sake we still cannot afford steady power supply in the so-called giant of africa. Amongst the countries with as much resources and potential as Nigeria, of course, we are the poorest! How many nations do you know that habe institutionalized corruption as much as we have. Yes, I know other country more corrupt.

But I still must respect your optimism. Let's hope you're being honest to yourself about this Nigeria.
in earnest , I am ! Abandoning Nigeria at this moment makes the future even more unbearable for generations to come .
Technocrats like former minister for power bath nnaji and minister for finance okonjo didn't pick their respective ministerial portfolio's for money but because of the passion they have for this country and also to offer their knowledge of expertise to better this country . This depicts high level of patriotism.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 10, 2012
Vogue50: We don't need your so called well known sociologist or political scientist to restructure our mental orientation or psyche ! I think majority of us in ths country are sane already .

So, this is the lie you guys tell yourself. That you are normal? The majority is sick in the head.
So the issue of health, education etc are not social problems?
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
stillwater:

So, this is the lie you guys tell yourself. That you are normal? The majority is sick in the head.

u just said it as i should have done.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
Vogue50: in earnest , I am ! Abandoning Nigeria at this moment makes the future even more unbearable for generations to come .
Technocrats like former minister for power bath nnaji and minister for finance okonjo didn't pick their respective ministerial portfolio's for money but because of the passion they have for this country and also to offer their knowledge of expertise to better this country . This depicts high level of patriotism.
AND who do u wish to decieve into believing that they are saints in the house of hardened criminals.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
Vogue50: in earnest , I am ! Abandoning Nigeria at this moment makes the future even more unbearable for generations to come .

The question is not about whether patriotism is alive or dead? Of course there must still be patriotic Nigerians. BUt remember that saying that goes like: "If you can't beat them - join them!"

For every truly patriotic Nigerian, there are at least another 100 who could not care less...
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2012
ziqqz:

The question is not about whether patriotism is alive or dead? Of course there must still be patriotic Nigerians. BUt remember that saying that goes like: "If you can't beat them - join them!"

For every truly patriotic Nigerian, there are at least another 100 who could not care less...
u just confirmed it.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Vogue50: 11:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
stillwater:

please enlighten me on how a sociologist will revive our petroleum or transport sector in order to eliminate fraud and increase of economic growth? Don't be in a hurry to showcase your Gaucheness !
However , I will oblige u with few minutes to enlighten me or give me reasons to respond ur earlier eccentric comment .
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 10, 2012
I think the people who claim patriotism are the worst things to happen in Nigeria. What kind of mother sees her child acting wayward and wouldn't be upset, but would rather 'pet' the child, bury her head in the sand, live in a fool's paradise in hopes that God would do abracadabra and viola the child grows up to be a well-placed adult. This is the same mentality Nigerian footballers carry to the field. And I ask myself, God will leave Brazil, Spain that has been practicing for years for Nigerians that practiced for 2 months? I do not serve a stupid God.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 10, 2012
Vogue50: please enlighten me on how a sociologist will revive our petroleum or transport sector in order to eliminate fraud and increase of economic growth? Don't be in a hurry to showcase your Gaucheness !
However , I will oblige u with few minutes to enlighten me or give me reasons to respond ur earlier eccentric comment .
first step is to accept is there is a fault.2nd step is to find and fix the fault.this one of the many steps in sociology. as long as u are a human being u belong to a societal group hence it useful to identify ur strenght and weaknesses. if we have oil theives a sociologist will locate and block there weakest point which is rewarding who ever is willing to be an informant. The police is a social organisation.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 10, 2012
dj militant: first step is to accept is there is a fault.2nd step is to find and fix the fault.this one of the many steps in sociology. as long as u are a human being u belong to a societal group hence it useful to identify ur strenght and weaknesses. if we have oil theives a sociologist will locate and block there weakest point which is rewarding who ever is willing to be an informant. The police is a social organisation.

I really worry that it's either you're intentionally not being real about your country OR you grossly misunderstand the way our society is organized.
In certain cases, it may be that this shortcoming is through no fault of yours, but a direct consequence of how our harsh society has conditioned your thinking.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
Vogue50: please enlighten me on how a sociologist will revive our petroleum or transport sector in order to eliminate fraud and increase of economic growth? Don't be in a hurry to showcase your Gaucheness !

Someone suggested sociologists and political scientists as basic instruments in re-orienting the Nigerian psyche.
You yourself defined sociology as the study of social problems, although dictionary loosely puts it as the study of society.
Now going by your own definition. . .the word social means 'of or relating to a society or an organization'. Ok
Health, education and the rest you listed constitutes as social problems because these are related to and form the fabric of the society.
Now if you define sociology as the study of social problems, won't a sociologist who went to school to study social problems as you defined, be in a better position to help structure the Nigerian society?
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 10, 2012
stillwater:

Someone suggested sociologists and political scientists as basic instruments in re-orienting the Nigerian psyche.
You yourself defined sociology as the study of social problems, although dictionary loosely puts it as the study of society.
Now going by your own definition. . .the word social means 'of or relating to a society or an organization'. Ok
Health, education and the rest you listed constitutes as social problems because these are related to and form the fabric of the society.
Now if you define sociology as the study social problems, won't a sociologist who went to school to study social problems as you defined, be in a better position to help structure the Nigerian society?

And who will give this sociologist the power to effect change?? If Mr. Sociologist embarks on helping to structure Nigeria, as you recommend, what if his actions interfere in any way with the ability of certain persons to steal and siphon money out of Nigeria, you think Mr Sociologist will live long enough to resign by himself?? Guys, be real abeg
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Vogue50: 11:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
stillwater:

I know that retard.ed fools like you will always invade this forum to make blatant accusations that confirms the existence of Maladroits . You see how inept u are? U can't explain how a sociologist can better our petroleum or transport sector since that's the expertise we should deploy to succeed. Am so disappointed in you !
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 10, 2012
ziqqz:

I really worry that it's either you're intentionally not being real about your country OR you grossly misunderstand the way our society is organized.
In certain cases, it may be that this shortcoming is through no fault of yours, but a direct consequence of how our harsh society has conditioned your thinking.
u are a funny person so u think i will support your earlier theory killing a certain group of people will liberate us, it will only bring in a newer set of hardened criminals with blood stained hands, trust me on this the moment u spend 1 hour and think u will discover a thousand and one ways to solve problem with out having to kill.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Vogue50: 11:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
dj militant: what did u think was the greatest invention europe in 1800's it was the sociological thinkers and their school of taught that brought about the industrail revolution.
in the 18th century , philosopher's lead the revolutions in Europe .
Fool !
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
Vogue50: I know that retard.ed fools like you will always invade this forum to make blatant accusations that confirms the existence of Maladroits . You see how inept u are? U can't explain how a sociologist can better our petroleum or transport sector since that's the expertise we should deploy to succeed. Am so disappointed in you !

This just goes further to prove our problems as a nation.
We are unable to accommodate perspectives that contradict ours; unable to debate without recourse to sentiments and outright insanity; unable to engage in constructive dialogue without provocations and mutual disrespect.
If this is how Nigerians debate our common existence, who says we are not hopeless??
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 10, 2012
dj militant: u are a funny person so u think i will support your earlier theory killing a certain group of people will liberate us, it will only bring in a newer set of hardened criminals with blood stained hands, trust me on this the moment u spend 1 hour and think u will discover a thousand and one ways to solve problem with out having to kill.

My theory did not call for "killing a certain group of people." I suggested that we - ALL of us called Nigerians today - will have to be wiped out for the corrupt Nigerian mentality to have any chance of being changed for better.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 11, 2012
ziqqz:

And who will give this sociologist the power to effect change?? If Mr. Sociologist embarks on helping to structure Nigeria, as you recommend, what if his actions interfere in any way with the ability of certain persons to steal and siphon money out of Nigeria, you think Mr Sociologist will live long enough to resign by himself?? Guys, be real abeg

I don't get the argument here. It's not a matter of 'what if'. Every well meaning Nigerian be it a sociologist or military personnel in politics will interfere with the current status quo and would likely not live long.
Re: OLD ARGUMENTS by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 11, 2012
Vogue50: I know that retard.ed fools like you will always invade this forum to make blatant accusations that confirms the existence of Maladroits . You see how inept u are? U can't explain how a sociologist can better our petroleum or transport sector since that's the expertise we should deploy to succeed. Am so disappointed in you !
now i know u are real nigeria fast to temper slow to thinking, u must know this the sociologist cannot interfere directly in the petroleum industry but can regenerate the mentality of the society to far more better opportunities with increased job opportunities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Academic Robinhood~a Case Study Of The Fed.min Of Edu. Using Tribalism As Weapon / Six PDP Lawmakers Move To remove Amaechi / $1billion Conversation Between Obama And Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.