Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport (13204 Views)

Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport / IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna / Kano-lagos Passenger Train Collides With Truck In Kaduna. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by naslinks(m): 9:30am On Oct 11, 2012
A Kano-bound IRS Airlines plane departing the Lagos airport on Wednesday morning collided with an abandoned truck beside the taxiway, forcing the pilot to cancel the flight.

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN)’s sewage tanker was on official assignment when it got stuck after fallen into drainage at about 8.30pm on Tuesday night in the taxiway of General Aviation Terminal (GAT), Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos caused a minor damage to the aircraft.

The aircraft, a Folker 100, was scheduled to operate flight LVB 3306 out of Lagos to Kano flight with a transit stop at Abuja.

Information from the Airports Authority and the airline said no passenger or crew member on board the aircraft sustain any injury.
A statement by the Managing Director of IRS, Yemi Dada, confirmed the incident.

The statement quoted Mr Dada as saying “This morning our flight LVB 3306 taxied out on a Lagos to Kano flight with a transit stop at Abuja. The aircraft taxied out at 7:48am with 91 passengers. While taxing on the taxi way the Captain observed a FAAN truck in a ditch. There were no marshals around it neither was there any marking to indicate that it encroached into the taxi way. There was no Notice To Air Men (NOTAM) issued to that effect as well.”

He added, “The captain continued on his taxi and the wing tip hit a protrusion from the truck towards the rear of the truck. This made the captain request a return to ramp from the tower and also notify the tower of the incident and the danger posed by the truck.

“The passengers were disembarked and accommodated in another aircraft which departed Lagos at 10:15am. The incident has been reported to Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority and we await the clearance of the NCAA to effect repairs and return the aircraft to service.”

The General Manager Corporate Communications, FAAN, Yakubu Dati who also confirmed the incident said it had been reported to relevant aviation agencies, Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB) and the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) whose officials immediately reported to the scene of the incident for on-the-spot assessment of the incident while engineers from Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria were placed on stand-by to evacuate the stuck sewage tanker as soon as preliminary investigations by both agencies concluded.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/10/11/irs-airplane-collides-with-truck-at-lagos-airport/
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by jamp: 10:32am On Oct 11, 2012
Thank God nothing happened.

we need total overhauling of the aviation industry

God bless Nigeria
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by BrutusOj(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2012
CATASTROPHE every where.....I think running 2 sahara desert will be de nxt option sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by ifeomabernard(f): 10:34am On Oct 11, 2012
undecidedThey ave not gone anywhere n are already collidind. flight cancelled jare!
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by brightmon: 10:34am On Oct 11, 2012
hmm
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by pendusky(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2012
brightmon: was the pilot and driver drunk or blind?
blind question too

2 Likes

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2012
Na waoh!!!
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by akagaba(f): 10:37am On Oct 11, 2012
Hi guys, pls hw do i start a thread. I mean 2create a topic cus i hav gudnews here 2tel. Direct me pls.

1 Like

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2012
Sticking to my canoe!
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Ashawoboi: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2012
NA SO THE RUNWAY SMALL REACH WHEN TAXI DE PARK NEAR AIRPLANE? undecided undecided undecided ABI NA KITE THEM BUILD AM FOR?

5 Likes

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by packman: 10:39am On Oct 11, 2012
it could be that the conductor did not watch very well.

3 Likes

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by ifyalways(f): 10:39am On Oct 11, 2012
What was a truck doing at the taxiway for heavens sake?
People that gave the pilot the all-clear sign didn't spot this abandoned truck?

Is this a country at all

3 Likes

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 11, 2012
akagaba: Hi guys, pls hw do i start a thread. I mean 2create a topic cus i hav gudnews here 2tel. Direct me pls.

If u want to create a thread on d front page...
Pay into acct no: 9876543210
Den send me a mail for d e-book.

5 Likes

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Afam4eva(m): 10:41am On Oct 11, 2012
Even airlines don't want to be left uncounted in the blood-spilling olympics. They want to be in the medal table Because it seems bokoharam and Aluu villagers are leading the medals table.

1 Like

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Threasholdmarin: 10:42am On Oct 11, 2012
ZERO SAFETY COMPLIANCE in aviation sector.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 11, 2012
Truck in d taxiway?! Sounds foolish in my ears. Next we'll hear is an airplane collided with a herd of cows on the taxiway.
Aviation minister is still busy paddling away on that godforsaken canoe..so ee fit happen.
.Mtcheww.....

3 Likes

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by acidtalk: 10:43am On Oct 11, 2012
Instead of Madam Aviation to come and concentrate on her domain, she is busy paddling canoe in her village and smiling to camera like flooding is part of her duties.

Misplaced priorities..
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Ashawoboi: 10:44am On Oct 11, 2012
afam4eva: Even airlines don't want to be left uncounted in the blood-spilling olympics. They want to be in the medal table Because it seems bokoharam and Aluu villagers are leading the medals table.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by SlyIg(f): 10:44am On Oct 11, 2012
akagaba: Hi guys, pls hw do i start a thread. I mean 2create a topic cus i hav gudnews here 2tel. Direct me pls.
Go to any section you wish you post the thread(politics,celebrity,religious and whatsoever). I think you ll see, New Topic or so. Just put down the topic of your writeup and d body. I cant wait to read something better.

1 Like

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by akagaba(f): 10:44am On Oct 11, 2012
pendusky:
blind question too
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Freiburger(m): 10:45am On Oct 11, 2012
jamp: Thank God nothing happened.

we need total overhauling of the aviation industry

God bless Nigeria
For sure, we 've got a bunch of drunkards parading themselves as aviation officials.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by alaoeri: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2012
Imanuelle:

If u want to create a thread on d front page...
Pay into acct no: 9876543210
Den send me a mail for d e-book.
Frustration don catch u wey your scam level reach this one na wah oh.
@topic thank God no casualty in the incident.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 11, 2012
That Pilot needs to be disciplined. Did he or did he not see the truck ? Why didn't he break the plane and alert the towers for alternative action. You don't just assume the space is wide enough and ram someone's aircraft on a visible barrier. It costs money to fix aircraft.

2 Likes

Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2012
[
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 11, 2012
on nairaland home page, you'll see d names of different forums dat are posted. Just click on any forum dat corresponds with ur post. If its bout politics, click on politics, if its bout religion click on religion, if its jokes click on jokes section etc. When you click on it, you'll see d 'create new topic' icon at the top of the page..click on it..then you should know d rest.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Freiburger(m): 10:48am On Oct 11, 2012
Billyonaire: That Pilot needs to be disciplined. Did he or did he not see the truck ?
What about the silly truck driver who packed the truck that close?
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by joey4jo: 10:48am On Oct 11, 2012
Go to the section which you wish to post and look at the top where you find page numbers, youll find it next to the numnbers 'create topic'
Hope this helps.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by garrigangster: 10:48am On Oct 11, 2012
acidtalk: Instead of Madam Aviation to come and concentrate on her domain, she is busy paddling canoe in her village and smiling to camera like flooding is part of her duties.

Misplaced priorities..
Mungo Park, must you talk?
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2012
Freiburger:
What about the silly truck driver who packed the truck that close?
Said the truck was in a ditch.
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by 52Naira(m): 10:51am On Oct 11, 2012
Why did the driver abandoned the vehicle on the taxiway without reporting it tongue?
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by tonyx4x44(m): 10:55am On Oct 11, 2012
Ashawo boi: NA SO THE RUNWAY SMALL REACH WHEN TAXI DE PARK NEAR AIRPLANE? undecided undecided undecided ABI NA KITE THEM BUILD AM FOR?
o boy no dey disgrace yourself for here o:/ they say taxiway where plane dey taxi (drive) before e take off, dey no say road whe taxi dey use!
Re: IRS Airplane Collides With Truck At Lagos Airport by omenziate(m): 10:57am On Oct 11, 2012
This country just b like joke. Suffering and smiling tins. Notin spoil, man no die, man no rotten

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Was Your First Job Abroad? / "LASTMA Officials Now Operate Like Pick-Pockets"- Twitter User Shares Experience / Aero Flights Grounded Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.