Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,587 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? (10448 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Should A Christain (born Again) Work With British American Tobacco Company??? / Can A Christian Work At A Brewery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Rhea(f): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2006
simmy:

is it rite 4 a xtian to be a soldier?
if u can answer that then u can answer your question
Nb, the question is deeper than it seems o, it requires very careful thought
@rhea
i feel u but a car wasnt made to kill people, beer was made to intoxicate, so thers a difference

Cars are not meant to kill, but driving at 180km/hr surely will. sooner than later.
A pint of beer is made to relax the nerves; a barrel will knock you out.

It's all about moderation. Are you one of those that think Jesus changed water into non-alcoholic wine grin?

Wake up grin

Ever heard of non-poisonous poison?
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by olabowale(m): 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2006
The one who makes it, the one who transport it, the one who sells it and the one who buy it for use, all are in the same conditions. If there is law of God against it, it is bad, get away from it.
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Radiant(f): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2006
hmmmmmm! U guys weaken me sometimes shocked
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2006
olabowale:

The one who makes it, the one who transport it, the one who sells it and the one who buy it for use, all are in the same conditions. If there is law of God against it, it is bad, get away from it.

Hypocrite! Does that preclude those who prohibit the sale of Alchohol thanks to sharia and are yet ever so happy to obtain "their share" of the proceeds from VAT that from that same banned commodity?

Is there no law against alchohol in the sharia law? Why are you and other "moderate" muslims drinking alchohol, or the law of 'god' only applies in the land of muslims and not the land of the infidels?
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Waleade2(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2006
[b]I believe working in Brewery/Tobacco coy. Working with them can be a stepping stone to a better or desired place.Also it doesn,t mean that ur will be smoking or taking Alcohol drink. what matter most is to have focus on the task giving to u.And believe in God for a better place.
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by simmy(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2006
rhea, y are u jumping to conclusions?
the basic concept is this,
BEER /alchohol at WHATEVER level will intoxicate, relaxation is only 1 of the symptoms of intoxication, vomitting,dizyness and a general lack of coordination are others

A MOTOR CAR was primarily made to transport people from one place to another! thts y its called an ACCIDENT!!!
So your analogy is incorrect
Ps, driving at 180km/hr will noyt neccesarily kill
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Jondee(m): 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2006
shocked haba!!! A christian must not be yoked with anything that intoxicates. You may equally ask yourself if it would be ok for Jesus Christ to work in the tobacco company. What would he preach to those into drinking and smoking. We are made in the image of Christ, He is our standard not any mere man!
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Ynot(m): 2:11am On Oct 07, 2006
Jondee:

shocked haba!!! A christian must not be yoked with anything that intoxicates. You may equally ask yourself if it would be ok for Jesus Christ to work in the tobacco company. What would he preach to those into drinking and smoking. We are made in the image of Christ, He is our standard not any mere man!

Yet he turned water into wine (beer, probably?)
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Radiant(f): 10:52am On Oct 07, 2006
Ynot:

Yet he turned water into wine (beer, probably?)

lmao beer is not wine now.
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by marcusjay(m): 11:03am On Oct 07, 2006
Life is generally moderation. whatever u do. there should be an inner witness with your heart that it's either wrong or right. people dont have to tell you something is right before you know it's right. take a case of 2 persons, one can kill and feel no remorse, the other probably kill by accident and his/her conscience is killing him/her. in my opinion. if you feel within you that's its wrong or right then do that which pleases you.but, God is the first to be considered before pleasing yourself.
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by marcusjay(m): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2006
Life is generally moderation. whatever u do. there should be an inner witness with your heart that it's either wrong or right. people dont have to tell you something is right before you know it's right. take a case of 2 persons, one can kill and feel no remorse, the other probably kill by accident and his/her conscience is killing him/her. in my opinion. if you feel within you that's its wrong or right then do that which pleases you.but, God is the first to be considered before pleasing yourself.
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by igbonla(m): 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2006
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Ynot(m): 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2006
Radiant:

lmao beer is not wine now.

The point is, he turned water into some sort of drink. Whatever that drink is, those guys of then were addicted (intoxicated if you will) to it so much so that they wanted more. He could've sent them home after they finished the first batch but no!, He decided to give them more and more. This is not saying He participated in the drinking spree but, he encouraged it. I bet you if there were cars then, there would have been a headline "DUI: 40 people lost their life in a car accident after partying with Jesus"
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Radiant(f): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2006
lol no one knows for sure if it was alcoholic wine though

Ynot:

I bet you if there were cars then, there would have been a headline "DUI: 40 people lost their life in a car accident after partying with Jesus"
lmao
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by nosa101(f): 12:58am On Oct 09, 2006
bloody hell!!!!!
Obviously not. If you are paid well then why not.
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by cassie2000(f): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2006
Is there anyone anyone out there?
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by segedoo(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2006
that's just being plain naive.
but then is there something wrong with being naive? nothing that i know of

the issue is not whether working in a tobacco coy or brewery is right or wrong rather it is whether you go ahead and work there when u think it's wrong. then it becomes wrong.

remember the issue of eating foods sacrificed to idols or not?
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Radiant(f): 5:43pm On Oct 09, 2006
When jungle mature, and you're left with only these two options, won't you take the job regardless of if it's wrong or not.God himself said, "do not be over wise". Na u know o
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by donmayor(m): 5:50pm On Oct 09, 2006
I disagree, it's not being overwise but living ur life by principles undecided.
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Radiant(f): 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2006
That's my own opinion neway. Principles Yeah right! The situation ain't gon respect no freaking principles when it becomes a desperate one wink

How u doing Don? smiley
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by donmayor(m): 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2006
Fine o.
Dats true sha. Desperation does not respect principles. Desperation na wetin turn Alams to woman.
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Radiant(f): 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2006
donmayor:

Desperation na wetin turn Alams to woman.
Abi o grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by marcusjay(m): 2:10pm On Oct 10, 2006
why do we always put ourselves in desperate position??/
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by marcusjay(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2006
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by Radiant(f): 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2006
marcusjay:

shit happens man sad
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by irefunke(f): 2:24am On Oct 11, 2006
Pls lets stop the use of derogatory phrases,sentences against God.Because u've once being attacked on your religion does not mean you have to treat some other oppositonal believers to your faith with contempt.Ok.What gave u the assurance that your religion does not practice atheism,incest e.t.c.
What we say on this board depicts our individual personalty,our background and even the acceptance/rejection of our religion by others.Lets respect ouselves.
If a minister of culture is well cultured he/she will not speak against Deities.
Saying this worships, bible, money e.t.c is not fair, it shows that the speaker would be a violent human being.
Not your tone or your philosophical / points/views or how u are able to use slanderous words against others will change the whole world to your own religion, rather it will make people to avoid it like a plague.Be wise with words .Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by bollings(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2006
simple yes or no. i think it is bad. i cant market wat i cant consume, and i cant consume wat has identified detrimental effects on my health and personality and state of total control of my reasonings. cheers
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by yourhuby: 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2007
it is not only wrong for a christian to work for a tobacco company it is unpatroitic for any true Nigerian and any sane Human beign to work for a death broker like BAT if omnly you know how many deaths they hav caused and how they havwe exposed you and or your loved one to the danger of deiying then you would not consider workinfg for them as an option even if it were the only one left.
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by boraddo(m): 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2007
segedoo:

the issue is not whether working in a tobacco coy or brewery is right or wrong rather it is whether you go ahead and work there when u think it's wrong. then it becomes wrong.

exactly
Re: Is It Wrong To Work In A Brewery Or Tobacco Company? by KDK(m): 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2007
Wrong angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sickness: Not An Act Of God! ยท Pastor Chris / Non-muslims Only: Jesus Or Mohammed / Amazing 2012 Christmas Photos From Around The Globe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.