Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Cyber Romance And True Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cyber Romance And True Love (4192 Views)

ABC Of Romance And Sexuality! / See Mary & John Having Office Romance And Poor Jessica Is Doing The Whole Job! / what is the difference between first love and true love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyber Romance And True Love by opad(m): 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2006
was wondering about cyber romance and its effects on true love,

I myself am engaged in an Cyber romance, and i just wondered if in your experience the love you found was better or worse because of it.
I fell for my fiance before i saw her face, as she fell for me the same. It is my belief that love born before a picture exchange can be purer than the reverse because physical attraction is not biasing your view.

My question though is this, When you fall for someone is it the physical appearance that draws you or the soul within??

(Sorry if this seems rude
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by ojd(m): 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2006
opad:

My question though is this, When you fall for someone is it the physical appearance that draws you or the soul within??

I believe you are first drawn to a person especially of the opposite sex by the physical appearance before you get to know the "person behind" the person.

As for Cyber romance, I don't think {atleast I've not heard} of any real love coming from it.
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by whitelexi(m): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2006
@OPAD: U r not alone oh, matter of fact, I'm into this one ocean-deep because i'm absolutely convinced that she's my type. It feels a lot better than the average relationship and as it stands right now, i cant call her 'cyber' at all. The distance is a real issue in times like this.  sad
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 19, 2007
Cyber romance!hmm, been on both sides, It didn't work ,

we met online first, then did a blind date thing, and it kicked off in earnest, or so I think. Well, each time we had issues, rather than sit down and solve them, we'd both head back online to keep searching! Well, i was real young then.

It worked, or almost did, I recently broke up an engagement, and wait 4 it, we dated for 3years b4 we met (he came back 2 naija), bt by then, I'd met most of his siblings and relations, who'd accepted me. He came back, we got engaged, but we split for issues that did not border on how we met, or maybe in retrospect, they did. 'Cause I'm wont to think that there are certain things about an individual the internet hides, or does not reveal.

Well, my story, if it works for you, congrats, if it doesn't, like me, quit searching for love online, the right person might just be next door. Cheers!
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by marygoldng(f): 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2007
yes, it does work depending on how well u are able to manage it.i met my b/f on the net since july,2004.till now we are still very much in love that u will think we have known for ages.it also bothers on compatibility.cos if he or she isn't the one;any eventually breakup could actually mean that u have given urself to a total stranger.
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by whiteNkem(f): 11:13pm On Jan 20, 2007
You can meet ur right one anywhere! It doesn't matter if it's online, in the newspaper, on the street or at a family reunion. The thing is that u got in contact with the person and every day u get to know more about him/her.
If it works? It def does for some ( 2 close friends of mine got married after they met online, without even exchanging photos, cuz this was before YM got so popular, ), but not for everyone. Even so, u need to find a way to be in the same place cuz the net thing might work to bring people together, to make a start or to give u an impulse, but it def won't work forever,
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Radiant(f): 2:58am On Jan 21, 2007
white`Nkem:

in the newspaper

No kidding! grin grin grin
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by ima1(f): 3:55am On Jan 21, 2007
when did people start posting their pictures in the newspaper saying they are looking for love, i mean is the internet not already extreme,
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by whiteNkem(f): 9:15am On Jan 21, 2007
@radiant, ima1

I ment before internet got to be so popular, haven't u all seen the 'matrimonials' column in newspapers? no pics, but explicit message, like: gentleman, 32, lawyer, looking for wife etc.
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Radiant(f): 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2007
Count me out! grin
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by whiteNkem(f): 12:56am On Jan 22, 2007
@ Radiant

grin lol don't judge by appearences! `cuz u never know tongue
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Busta(f): 12:58am On Jan 22, 2007
@topic,
it doesn't work. y'all just deceiving and consoling ursef!
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Radiant(f): 1:01am On Jan 22, 2007
lmao grin
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Busta(f): 1:08am On Jan 22, 2007
@ radiant
hey gurl, wats going down?
long time
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Radiant(f): 1:23am On Jan 22, 2007
Bossy Bus, wink

I'm aight girl. . been busy with skul and all that 'ish.

Hope you good tho' kiss
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Busta(f): 1:30am On Jan 22, 2007
been gud, can't complain.
sup with Muki and Lexy?
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Radiant(f): 1:37am On Jan 22, 2007
Muki and Lexi? everything packed up grin
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Busta(f): 4:16am On Jan 22, 2007
Radiant:

Muki and Lexi? everything packed up grin
hmmm, why am I not surprised? grin
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by whitelexi(m): 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2007
Busta:

hmmm, why am I not surprised? grin

LOL, dont even go there cos u know that muki and i are very good friends grin The whole saga was just a game and we all played our parts in making it fun grin

I'd always been hooked with someone else, coincidentally a NLer too, so we together now grin grin
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by mukina2: 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2007
busta and rad . . una don come again o
hey busta long time girl .where have you been . .
and as for whitex . . grin grin
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by ikamefa(f): 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2007
hummmmmmmmmmmmmm! cool
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by mukina2: 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2007
ikamefa:

hummmmmmmmmmmmmm!  cool

ikaaaaaaaa cheesy*jumps up and down*
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by ikamefa(f): 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2007
" grin " kiss
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by mukina2: 7:14pm On Jan 22, 2007
tongue kiss
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Busta(f): 12:30am On Jan 23, 2007
@mukina, Gurl am good. . just been very busy.

@lexy, sup guy? Long time u been in here.
well, I hope u're very happy with ur new found love

@radiant. . who are the next victims?
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Radiant(f): 11:48am On Jan 23, 2007
Well. . Busta, as you can hear from the horses mouth, Lexi. He has announced another engagement with a different Nairalander. He can tell us more about them two grin
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 23, 2007
It works for some people, especially those who are not so particular about physical attributes. I personally find myself attracted to vociferative, individualistic internet personalities (e.g. mamaput, hot-angel, Busta), because i know therey are NEVER like that IRL, it just shows how they think. I love an active, intelligent mind more than anything else.

But sometimes I am fortunate to find people who are like that both OL and IRL, lol. Really, love sucks. It's all about compatibility.
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by jaybaby(f): 12:36pm On Jan 23, 2007
It works-- got plnty of 'em that got married!
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by inglorious: 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2007
know at least one that worked. naija guy met yankee babe online when he was in naija. even got her to visit him here. later got visa to yankee and now they're married.
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by lovito(f): 1:18pm On Jan 23, 2007
Sttttttttoooooorrrryyyy
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by jaybaby(f): 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2007
Yes Story --it wld not wrk 4 U--but it did 4 so many pple!!!!!!!!-- What i beliv is that relationship is all abt LUCK--so online or not--it he is not meant 4 U--it wld not WORK shekina
Re: Cyber Romance And True Love by brainyme: 5:18pm On Jan 23, 2007
It works for some people and doesnt for others.
It all depends

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Steps - To Get Your Ex-girlfriend Back / She Lied About Her Age, Should I Divorce Her? / Can You Date A Runs Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.