Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Advice To The Owner Of Nairaland Mr Seun & Religion Section Moderators - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice To The Owner Of Nairaland Mr Seun & Religion Section Moderators (776 Views)

Religion Section 'awards Night' / Mods The Islam Section Moderators Have Gone Crazy / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice To The Owner Of Nairaland Mr Seun & Religion Section Moderators by God2man(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2012
@Jesoul and mamustwac, i know Jesoul is a christian, mamustwac is an atheist, fine. No problem.
There are certain utterances that should be controlled on nairaland, furktard, daft, lazy, delusional, absolute nonsense, fool, goat, these are even better than thinking from your dirty arse and various curses.

Why am i saying all these things?
Am i running away from abuse? No, Paul said none of this thing move me. In christianity, persecution is allowed. I don't know much about other religions. Am i encouraging the use of abuse words, No. I may have the grace to withstand vulgar words but what about others.

I am worried about your business, you cannot put other people down to move up, it is not possible, the way you treat your customers will determine the growth of your business.
Words are very powerful, the Bible says, death and life are in the power of the tongue. What we say to others will go a long way to encourage their JOYFUL participation on nairaland forum.
You may not take this advice serious, but a little leaven leavens the whole lump. Little by little, people will find it difficult to come to nairaland. God forbid! This is not my prayer.

There is nothing wrong with this topic, please do not remove this topic .

God bless you all.
God2man.

On this forum,
Re: Advice To The Owner Of Nairaland Mr Seun & Religion Section Moderators by ijawkid(m): 11:04am On Oct 12, 2012
God2man: @Jesoul and mamustwac, i know Jesoul is a christian, mamustwac is an atheist, fine. No problem.
There are certain utterances that should be controlled on nairaland, furktard, daft, lazy, delusional, absolute nonsense, fool, goat, these are even better than thinking from your dirty arse and various curses.

Am i running away from abuse? No, Paul said none of this thing move me. In christianity, persecution is allowed. I don't know much about other religions. Am i encouraging the use of abuse words, No. I may have the grace to withstand vulgar words but what about others.

I am worried about your business, you cannot put other people down to move up, it is not possible, the way you treat your customers will determine the growth of your business.
Words are very powerful, the Bible says, death and life are in the power of the tongue. What we say to others will go a long way to encourage their JOYFUL participation on nairaland forum.
You may not take this advice serious, but a little leaven leavens the whole lump. Little by little, people will find it difficult to come to nairaland. God forbid! This is not my prayer.

God bless you all.
God2man.

On this forum,

You are most welcome my bro.....
Re: Advice To The Owner Of Nairaland Mr Seun & Religion Section Moderators by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 12, 2012
God2man: @Jesoul and mamustwac, i know Jesoul is a christian, mamustwac is an atheist, fine. No problem.

God bless you all.
God2man.

On this forum,

I agree but what you are asking is difficult. English is quite a huge language.

If you ban "delusional", there are a million synomyms

Brainwashed, confused, sheep, high, misguided etc.

How many words are you going to ban. Let freedom of speech reign
Re: Advice To The Owner Of Nairaland Mr Seun & Religion Section Moderators by Goshen360(m): 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2012

God bless you all.
God2man.

On this forum,

As much as I agree with your thought, I think you are NOT doing a good job in the right manner, following the rules. In fact, this thread should NEVER be attended to by ANY moderator or even the owner of the forum AND should be LOCKED. The reason is, there is a complain thread ALREADY existing to this effect and you KNOW the RULES. Hitherto,

[size=20pt]THIS THREAD IS TEMPORARILY LOCKED[/size].....but comments are still allowed until FINALLY LOCKED.

grin grin grin
Re: Advice To The Owner Of Nairaland Mr Seun & Religion Section Moderators by JeSoul(f): 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2012
Goshen360:

As much as I agree with your thought, I think you are NOT doing a good job in the right manner, following the rules. In fact, this thread should NEVER be attended to by ANY moderator or even the owner of the forum AND should be LOCKED. The reason is, there is a complain thread ALREADY existing to this effect and you KNOW the RULES. Hitherto,

[size=20pt]THIS THREAD IS TEMPORARILY LOCKED[/size].....but comments are still allowed until FINALLY LOCKED.

grin grin grin
ROTFLOL @the last part. Dude cheesy cheesy

God bless you all.
God2man.

On this forum,
Oga, I'm not quite sure what you want me or MMW to do. This is Seun's forum and we are merely enforcing his rules as volunteers. What you may deem offensive may be free-speech for someone else- in which case there's nothing the mods can do. This place is full of diverse people for diverse backgrouds, and as such you'll find diverse points of view.

However, for the real abusive/vulgar language that is unacceptable - you do realize the mods do not see every single thread? right? If someone is being abusive it is your duty as a poster to report it, either via the "report" link or the complain thread on top of the page. Anytime an abusive post/poster is brought to our attention we deal with it right away. So report it and help us keep this place clean & conducive for profitable discussions.

Thank you my brother & Godbless smiley

*ps, I'm not locking your topic-yet-just to poke at Goshen cheesy

(1) (Reply)

New Archbishop Of Canterbury / Bringeth That Hammer And Naileth Me To That Cross / How Do I Overcome The Fear Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.