Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,276 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! (1306 Views)

'We Are Living In Fear' -Nigerians In South Africa Cry Out / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African / South African Police Kill Striking Miners! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by mkarera: 2:35am On Jan 22, 2008
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by Kobojunkie: 3:39am On Jan 22, 2008
I have to confess that as someone who has been down to South Africa, I find it hard to be on the side of the Nigerians down there. There are definitely many dubious Nigerians down there and it makes life difficult for even the visiting Nigerians in Guateng. I understand the plight of the few who really want to live peaceful and legal lives. This is almost the same story anywhere else Nigerians reside in Africa.
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by Nobody: 4:07am On Jan 22, 2008
hmmmmmh undecided undecided undecided When will all this end? Na wa oooh. The disgrace is too much,  Our reputation has been badly battered (with our own hands lest I forget). The only solution I can think of is to make Nigeria a better place because the seed of doubt has already been sown in the minds of non Nigerians. Trying to persuade the South African government or any other government is clearly friutless. I really want to say come back home, but come back to what? undecided
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by Kobojunkie: 4:17am On Jan 22, 2008
From the picture, you almost get a sense that some of those people there feel a sense of entitlement cause they are Nigerians or igbos and you wonder why they do not use that against their own government here in Nigeria.
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by vigasimple(m): 4:33am On Jan 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

From the picture, you almost get a sense that some of those people there feel a sense of entitlement cause they are Nigerians or igbos and you wonder why they do not use that against their own government here in Nigeria.

Because they do not have a govt nor do YAR A'DULL care a minute. remember all the Northern Ambassador (example the one in Dublin Rep of Ireland) saying that all the 419's are from the south.

What he fail to mention is that it is all his brotehrs in the North , Sheu Shagari(and Umaru Dikko) and IBB are the chief 419's that sent majority of Nigerians to sojourn absolutely unnecessarily. They expoert the nation wealth in ghana must go and they have the audacit to tell us to go and eat in the dust bin.

Where is the power , and infrastructures to make job's and employment for ordinary Nigerians. unfortunately OBJ is part of the cartel that didn't fix the problem. All of that is not an excuse for bad behaviour but the origin of bad behaviour.

It is high time we have a government that not only care about her citizen all over the world but provide conducive atmosphere to make them proud to be a Nigerian.

If the people in government are stealing Billions, then ordinary folks we see thousands, if not millions as their legitimate rights.

We need leaders that can lead by example.

May God help us now. Amen.
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Maybe the harsh life, discrimination and degradation in South Africa or any other nation removes the folding hands and e go better chantings from Nigerians when in abroad into fiery machines. Such energies need to be practised more in Nigeria.
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by debosky(m): 4:57am On Jan 22, 2008
Imagine them demanding that there should be jobs for them! shocked

Only if they held their state governors, never mind the president to the same standards. sad

And to think there are only 7-10,000 Nigerians there and we have such a bad name sad The SA authorities should deport them if they cannot treat them humanely and grant them fundamental rights as human beings.

But I think you're right kobo, somehow they were not uncomfortable enough in Nigeria to protest, so they do that in SA. Or maybe the SA system generally promotes a sense of self determination.
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by RichyBlacK(m): 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2008
debosky:

Imagine them demanding that there should be jobs for them! shocked

Only if they held their state governors, never mind the president to the same standards. sad

And to think there are only 7-10,000 Nigerians there and we have such a bad name sad The SA authorities should deport them if they cannot treat them humanely and grant them fundamental rights as human beings.

But I think you're right kobo, somehow they were not uncomfortable enough in Nigeria to protest, so they do that in SA. Or maybe the SA system generally promotes a sense of self determination.

As f-cked up as SA is, Nigeria is still worse in many regards! Police kills a Nigerian in SA, they launch an investigation, though with no conclusion; at least they do something. In Nigeria, police kill a Nigerian, absolutely nothing happens - nothing! The only possibility is accusing the dead man of armed robbery.

The SA government better wake up and do something about allowing tens of thousands of "unregulated" people moving around in their country. Else, they'll be inadvertently creating an invisible population inside SA.
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by DisGuy: 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2008
was there no high commissioner the reporter could interview at the time? undecided
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by darfur(m): 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2008
you guys are all beating about the bush.
this is simply a case of a failed nation. look at me, darfur, a graduate, coming to the UK to do masters degree, yet i do cleaning job. is it normal? and yet i'm even lucky grin to get that cleaning job( you can laugh at me, i wont mind)

if they protest in nigeria, police will shoot them to death and nothing happens. at least in SA they can protest. when they vote, their vote doesnt count in nigeria. they cant even go to the embassy/high commision/consulate to protest b/c they know too well that they have no govt. in effect, they are fugitives. and the story is the same all over the world. from greece to poland to fiji, to argentina. . . countries that you cant even place in a map.

evidence of a failed state. sad

may be it is good undecided in the long run undecided , perhaps when we are completely battered internationally we can then come home and ask some hard guestions to our leaders. perhaps it may get to a stage where we are totally threatened outside our borders and we can come home to build. may be . . . . . but for now, the tears continue
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by deor03(m): 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2008
sad
Re: Video: South African Police Vs Nigerians In Jo'burg Watch! by Blatant: 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2008
no be small thing. make dem go back home instead of destroying the image of 9ja

(1) (Reply)

North Sudan And South Sudan Are At War!! / Meet 39 Yrs Old Emmanuel Macron, The Tentatively Youngest President Of France / US Vs Iran: US Soldiers Saying Goodbye To Their Families (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.