Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! (39062 Views)

How To Take Screenshots Of Entire And Parts Of Your Computer Screen (windows) / How To Delete Data Permanently On A PC Or Laptop Before Selling Them / Palmtop Or Laptop Which One Is The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 5:22pm On Apr 05, 2008
Nice one Bigrovar, I see we're finally winning you over to the crowded desktop owners club. You see, it's not so bad either. Just more ways to experiment than you possibly imagined. Cheers
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 15, 2008
i was trolling the net for animated wallpapers ie video wallpaper like that used in vista ultimate, i found vishal guptas tweak windows page. in addition to finding dream render - which is aa video wallpaper app thats pretty okay, though u need to pay before you can assess their top skins- i also found a link to the stack docklet and the standalone stack.

this emulates the leopard stack big brovar was oppressing us with
i also got a microcyb desktop toy - the girl on the desktop - she strolls around the system tray - and she doesnt eat resources - low maintenance chick grin. shes a free download from the dreamrender download page
check it out

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 15, 2008
this morning, i figured how to integrate standalaone stack it into 8 start -

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 15, 2008
standalone stack uses the freeware stackdocklet for object dock. check out the stack docklet in action -

i've mentioned it before - i use qt address bar, which mimics the vista explorer address bar, but is better. yesterday, i restored the standard explorer adress bar., but disabled its path variable. now, if in a folder/window, enter the name of a file, and you'll get there straight.i think the windows desktop search 4.0 preview i installed may also have something to do with this . .
the explorer navigation buttons are courtesy y'z toolbar
you can also use styler for tweaking explorer buttons
you can also use quizo's qttabar to run explorer as a multitabbed, tweakable window, rather than several windows.

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 11:45am On Apr 15, 2008
Nice one Oyb, I'm technically interested in this stuff. Could you post a link to the sexy desktop toy download you mentioned? Also, d'you have any links to the animated desktop wallpaper download sites? I'd really like that, Thanks!

Cheers,
Kemjisuper
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2008
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by chat2chuma(m): 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2008
MEN.Ma HEAD DON SKATA!!!!!.WOT
O boy,my laptop(HP Dv6500t) has a long way to go.Una don go faaaaaaarrrrrr!!!!!
Pls you guys,especially kemjisuper,Oyb and bigrovar, pls teach me how to do all this stuff.I downloaded 8start but it wasnt workin like i expected.Objectdock is still in my download pipeline.
Emmm,bigrovar,that your screenshot no5,the one with that green leaf as wallpaper,how did you change your Windows Start apperance to look green and funky.
Also please post,apologies to the maker of this topic,websites where i can get these stuffs.
Pls also post usefull applications and where we can get them.Thanks guys!!
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2008
@Chat2chuma
I do believe they're a number of links posted throughout the forum. Just be patient and check.

Cheers
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 7:28pm On Apr 17, 2008
oh well good ol cube desktop

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 6:40pm On Apr 21, 2008
Here's my Crowded Desktop Concept. Sexy huh?
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by anusule(m): 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2008
be creative, kemji!!!! that ur desktop sucks, in my own opinion.
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 9:50am On Apr 23, 2008
anusule:

be creative, kemji!!!! that your desktop sucks, in my own opinion.

Thanks loser! Let's see your wonderful concept!

Note: You may not even have a desktop to work on.

Cheers
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2008
anusule:

be creative, kemji!!!! that your desktop sucks, in my own opinion.
Kemjisuper:

Thanks loser! Let's see your wonderful concept!

Note: You may not even have a desktop to work on.

Cheers
Guys Guys please lets keep it clean !

Ok i just installed the beta of Hardy Heron the latest Ubuntu , and tot i should show off some eye candy , what am usiing a a plugin for compiz that lets u magnify any section of ur screen with a virtual magnifying glass ,

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by lynxnoon(m): 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2008
@bigrovar
hmmmm Big bros u no go kill us wit ur cool desktops oh smiley smiley
Anyways i got around doing desktop cube on ultimate edition but still cant get aruond reducing the size to be smaller than screen itself
& also the 3D icons
Sorry for disturbing u but any hint on how to do all these cool stuff?
Thanks
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 11:51am On Apr 25, 2008
bro , i dont know too oh , were do i start , maybe u should hang out more at the ubuntu forums , i learnt a lot from there , beside do u stay in lag , i and some LInux users are thinking of doing a get 2ther, to socialize and share ideas , . we have not decided when and where but if u live in lagos mail me so i can keep u posted ,
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by lynxnoon(m): 6:21pm On Apr 26, 2008
@bigrovar
thanks for ur reply;wil hang out in ubuntu forums more often, though been quite busy lately & not been online (regularly) for awhile now
Yes i live in lag; oshodi to be precise & i wont mind receiving updates from you
My add is lynxnoon@yahoo.com
Thanks wink wink
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2008
just another day on my desktop , although u dont have to there are more easier ways to install things on Ubuntu , i still prefer compiling my softwares from source , that way i learn linux better , and it also works better for my machine

below am compiling a psp video converter while chating with a friend

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by pein(m): 6:42am On Apr 27, 2008
@bigrovar
come oga! why u still dey opress boys with ur crazy/brilliant desktop images? grin u better stop ooooo! otherwise BAN! grin tongue
really tho,cool desktops u have there,still haing problems connecting ubuntu to the net embarassed ,been all over the forums and nothing yet,getting a new laptop and a 10MB DSL line ina few weeks so hopefully it'll be different cuz i think its got to do with my crappy USB modem,so that has to go as well. hope you are updating ur blog! tongue
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 4:14pm On May 02, 2008
come oga! why u still dey opress boys with your crazy/brilliant desktop images? Grin u better stop ooooo! otherwise BAN! Grin Tongue
really tho,cool desktops u have there,still haing problems connecting ubuntu to the net Embarrassed Huh ,been all over the forums and nothing yet,getting a new laptop and a 10MB DSL line ina few weeks so hopefully it'll be different because i think its got to do with my crappy USB modem,so that has to go as well. hope you are updating your blog
thanks for ur comments i agree some hardware can be a bitch with linux, just make sure u check the ubuntu forums for compatibility b4 u buy an hardware if u intend on using it for linux, bout my blog, am just waiting for the hardy release to settle down so that i can update ,

here is the latest look of my desktop

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Ralvy(m): 12:50pm On May 07, 2008
Recently, I sold my Dell GX150 workstation to purchase a mac book pro!
My experience on mac has been wonderful considering the fact that I got to install Hardy Heron on it!

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Kemjisuper(m): 5:01pm On May 07, 2008
Hardy Heron? What tha hell's that? Sounds good though.

Nice screens, especially the ride! cool
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Ralvy(m): 5:05pm On May 07, 2008
Hardy Heron is an Ubuntu distro*
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by lynxnoon(m): 10:24pm On May 07, 2008
Hardy Heron is new Ubuntu distro i.e Ubuntu 8.04, ;Dinstalled it last saturday grin
@Ralvy,
Oga me!! longtime hw u dey?
all those apps on ur desktop (e.g realplayer, limewire etc), r u running them on mac os or ubuntu? my wine app doesnt seem to be working, it installs d software but i cant run them, (demands for some java app and stuff )
Abeg ant way out here?
@Bigrovar,
I dey hail oh!!
also need ur help on dis, thanks
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 11:36am On May 08, 2008
Posted by: lynxnoon

Hardy Heron is new Ubuntu distro i.e Ubuntu 8.04, ;Dinstalled it last saturday Grin
@Ralvy,
Oga me!! longtime hw u dey?
all those apps on your desktop (e.g realplayer, limewire etc), r u running them on mac os or ubuntu? my wine app doesnt seem to be working, it installs d software but i can't run them, (demands for some java app and stuff Huh Huh)
Abeg ant way out here?
@Bigrovar,
I dey hail oh!!
also need your help on this, thanks

First thing i must tell u is that wine as awesome but it is can does not work with every Windows application , the reason being that MS did not release the API of Windows to the wine developers and the must time have to use reverse engineering to guess how this APIs works , it works sometimes , other times it doesn't ( but u just have to give it to them their are doing a great job) , however i must say that even though i have wine installed i hardly use it , cus i have native ubuntu programs for everything i need , and even realpayer and limewire have have Ubuntu versions , and must of all there even are better alternative programs that are open and work way way better , to get the Ubuntu version of limewire , go to their website (google it "say limewire for LInux Download"wink but i tell u there is the program called frostwire its open source and it is way way better than Limewire , however u need to have Java runtime installed on your system bcus both lime and frostwire are java programs that need java to run , to install java just go to[b] add and remove[/b] under Applications/Add and Remove set it to all available applications , then type java amongst the options u would be given u would see s[b]un java 5.0 runtime [/b]and [b]ubuntu restricted extras [/b]install the both of them , and u are done , u can now go and install either lime or frost which ever u like ,

as per the realplayer , , let me start by saying that realplayer is very useless in linux , and there are better alternatives in vlc,kaffeine , and xine , but if u still want to install it just type helix player in add and remove install it and u are done , hope i was able to help

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by hayprof(m): 12:06pm On May 08, 2008
. . . relieved . . . cheesy
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 12:12am On May 14, 2008
oh well just tot to bump up this thread

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Angelgirl(f): 10:21am On May 14, 2008
Hi Guys am inviting you all to CTO 2008 at The Muson Centre, May 12th-16th

CTO is an annual seminar/ Exhibition put together by the United States Embassy in Nigeria Inconjuction with USAID and other major power house in the Nigerian IT industry.

At this years CTO Nigerias First and foremost Internet Service Provider Linkserve Limited will be launching a special offer for its numerous Clients, It will also mark the begining of a new business relationship between Linkserve and Nicomsat.

Call 08034116865 for more Info
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Iretomiwa: 8:15pm On May 15, 2008
Puppy Linux 2.15CE w/ fluxbox, adesklets, wbar, transparent menu and taskbar (simple, clean n very wink memory friendly interface)

Puppy Linux 2.15CE w/ fluxbox, 3d desktop (for 3D-workspace switching. I've got 4 workspaces)

Windows 2003 Server Enteprise w/ Transformation Pack 8 (N yes, that's ma small head in d picture cheesy, quite a while back tho')

Windows 2003 Server Enteprise w/ Transformation Pack 8, Yodm3D (now DeskSpace), Pidgin(yes, old habits die had) running on d left workspace, n Proteus simulator on d right (I'm an electromechanics student wad'ya expect grin)

Windows 2003 Server Enterprise w/ Blackbox window manager (BBLean to b precise), yahoo widgets, Madotate(for d 3D effect) (OLD!!)

wNOP v2 (a Puppy Linux variant) w/ a Vista theme, Screenlets, Compiz-Fusion, Xfce window manager

wNOP v2 (a Puppy Linux variant) w/ a Vista theme, Screenlets, Compiz-Fusion, Xfce window manager, vista folder icons (another workspace)

wNOP v2 (a Puppy Linux variant) w/ a Vista theme, Screenlets, Xfce window manager, Compiz-Fusion expose plugin showing 4 workspaces with different wallpapers.

Just a few screenshots of the user interfaces I use, or have used. U might have noticed that i have a fancy for clean, lite, functional desktops (that is very few or no icons, n plenty work area); I like widgets, u can quickly check d time, a news or feed update, weather (very important for me since i'm in russia, imagine dressing light only to find out it's 2oC even tho' d sun's out), I also like multiple workspaces as i like to open up many apps, n workspaces help keep me organised: music, videos in one, skool work in another, internet, blog stuff in yet another, u get d picture, Btw, they were all easy to setup, pm if u need help. (Both my linux n 2003 server interfaces have a great vista influence, i think vista's quite good looking, just cudn't resist making 'em look similar wink )

Tommie.
Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by bigrovar(m): 10:26pm On May 15, 2008
awesome good to see another Linux dude in the house , i have the puppy cd though i dont use it much , i find the default icewm to be very ugly for my liking , but i can see that u have install xfce on it which is cool , i even though i love keeping things light i have been doing a poor job at it cus am addicted to gnome ( i have tried xfce,kde,icewm,enlightenments,and lxde ) but which time i keep falling back to gnome , u can see some of my screeshots here http://flickr.com/photos/8383774@N06/ , on idle mode my system eats a whooping 255mb out of my 2gb ram which is much by linux standard but heck , BTW have u tried LXDE its a very cool Desktop environment kinda a balance between keeping it light and beautiful , if u use ubuntu u can add the repo to ur sources http://people.linux.org.tw/~pcman/ubuntu , cheers

U like the Vista Look I prefer the Mac LOok

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 19, 2008
vista ultimate
QTtabar free ware- which enables multitabbed explorer windows(freeware)
cursor fx with a butiful new skin for my cursor(freeware)
KO approach for quick checking up of folder contents (shareware)
the windows explorer preview pane(to the side)
explorerview preview pane (below)
the stack docklet
i forget the name of the windows theme

i tried dreamscen and deskscaps, but after 15 mins, i turned it off. forget the hype, videowallapper is a system hog on any system. it was using 30% CPU, while i was doing nothing angry!

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 19, 2008
more

Re: The Best Desktop Or Laptop Screenshots! by uspry1(f): 2:14pm On May 19, 2008
@oyb

All Microsoft product (operating system, office suites, publisher, frontpage, etc.) ARE ALWAYS system hog eating up hard disk drive and memory chip!

Stop complain about MS flaws!!! It has been there for years and years and years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Disable Or Bypass My ISP Firewall? / Watch Tv On Your Pc And Phone For Free / 100 keyboard shortcuts and The A - Z Of All Microsoft Shortcuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.