Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (42667 Views)

Why Having A Phd Is A Waste – Bishop Oyedepo / Pastor Chris And T.b Joshua Are Satanic. (pst Chris Is A White Demon) / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Anyigala(m): 4:16pm On Oct 15, 2012
Women use sex to get love, men use love to get sex. When you eliminate sex in courtship, you get realness. The Pastor is not totally correct in some of his assessments.

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
@poster I don't quite agree with the view of the 'good' pastor. I don't think that it would be wise for anyone to get married without one form of courtship or the other. As much as I agree that because of the dynamism of human beings and our natural instinct to adapt with the changing world, it is absolutely impossible to know everything there is to know about an individual; it is still self deceit to believe that we can actually get married without courtship. For starters and in the context in which we are looking at it, courtship simply means to attempt to gain the love or affection of someone, especially when we are considering marriage. In the days of our fathers, this attempt is done by the families involved. You will agree with me that it would be practically impossible for a man to get married in those days without the consent of both families. Courting in those days are left in the hands of our parents. That was when the community was small and everyone knew each other. But presently, because of globalization, expansion, modernization and the rest, we are no longer talking about a homogeneous community where everyone is acquainted with the other. As such the job of the parents has become cumbersome, hence the need for the individuals to help out with the job of courting i.e trying to gain the affection or love of the other. Those days it was sufficient to get the affection or love of the girls family but now it is required that we seek to win both the affection of the lady and the family as well. I think I am talking too much. The bottom line is, I believe that if courtship means to attempt to win the love or affection of another then even the 'good' pastor courted before he got married because he either sought the love and affection of the girl or the girl's family. Q.E.D.

2 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2012
dozymars: Anybody can come up with any theory stating his own believes and surely surely he or she will have followers.
Please don't be deceived with man made theories that are false and unreal.
Courtship is a very important period before marriage, and should be done with the fear of God and prayers.
Even if the lady or the guy pretends to be good you can still know if you pay good attention to access him or her.
You also need to be truthful to yourself and not be carried away by the love u have for eachother, as u need to asked yourself if can live with the person for the rest of your life.
During courtship your heart will tell you if you are in the right relationship or not, then you will have the time to make your decisions and learn from the experiences.
You cannot meet someone and jump into marriage. you need courtship to understand him or her,the basic characters.
Dozymars,u said we should not follow any man made theory.Now tell us,where in the 'Godly theory'we were instructed or admonished to court like u just quoted?
Can u sight any example of courtship in the bible ? Courtship is what is man made and not the other way round.
Now this is just one poit from Ojigbani:
Ask for God's direction.If HE direct's you,you don't need to court.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by dozymars(m): 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
greatgod2012: I've heard him severally on d irrelevance of courtship, but at d same time, i've always known its his own marketing strategy more members, at least, some pple want to desperately get married. I just hope they dont come back to this forum complaining abt their partner.

You are right. this is marketing strategy, Is USP(Unique selling point). You ned to be controversial to attract members. Especially Gullible ones.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by pweeryambre: 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2012
I think wat he should have meant was: long term courtship b4 marriage is a waste of time..as it tends to reduce the excitement as time goes on.
Meanwhile wen I was 19, I almost married one 31 year old trader like dat under 5weeks as I blived his d one for me and no courtship. Then my grandma died and it got postponed. It was within dat space of 2months dat I got to learn his other side; he was very manipulatve,lies a lot, hot tempered, plus wen he gives or spends money on me, he begins to give me reasons why he must sleep wit me immediately. I kept tellin him to wait. It was later I got to find out his reason for wanting to marry me in a hurry was he dosent bliv in spendin money on womem he dosent hav sex wit, but since I was younger he felt the only way was for him to marry me.
So I ended it, Personaly I thot dat was not a good reason to marry someone. Therefore courtship is a good thing.

2 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Lero15(m): 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Very very big lie. Mary never courted Joseph even for a second. Pastor Chris Ojigbani Knows exactly what he is saying and how i wish i have time now i would have by the grace of God enlighten most of us here on the issue of Courtship. It is in deed from the pit of hell. God is not and can never be in support of it.
u dont av to take evritin ur pastor says 100%...courtship is not a sin or frm any pit of hell as long as u dont engage in immoral acts.

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2012
Anyigala: Women use sex to get love, men use love to get sex. When you eliminate sex in courtship, you get realness. The Pastor is not totally correct in some of his assessments.
Another point bro.Courtship ultimately leads to sex before marriage. Now the big question is why do we court ?
I want us to start from there please.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by texbaba1: 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2012
The pastor may be rigth in some sense. This is d way I see it: if u court a gurl for 3 yrs, enjoying every every all in the name of studying her or him, nd later u discover that she is not ur type, u then move on to the next gurl rigth! After courting the new gurl too for abt another 2 yrs then she happens not to be ur type, u move on again abi. Then u court the 3rd gurl for another 3 yrs nd she may still not be ur type...how many girls ar u going to court before u eventually marry one? What d pastor is invariably saying is that courtship, no mata how long does not determine whether the marriage will be successful or not. In other words, he is saying don't marry d person u love but instead love the person u marry shikena! The pastor is not saying we shld marry strangers, if u see a gurl u think u like frm a distance based on character and or beauty, go for her. The process of planning ur wedding will be btw 3 to 6 months or more, that's some tym to do further study, not to disqualify her but to know more abt her since uve earlier find somthing marriable in her in the first place.

5 Likes

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2012
striktlymi: @poster I don't quite agree with the view of the 'good' pastor. I don't think that it would be wise for anyone to get married without one form of courtship or the other. As much as I agree that because of the dynamism of human beings and our natural instinct to adapt with the changing world, it is absolutely impossible to know everything there is to know about an individual; it is still self deceit to believe that we can actually get married without courtship. For starters and in the context in which we are looking at it, courtship simply means to attempt to gain the love or affection of someone, especially when we are considering marriage. In the days of our fathers, this attempt is done by the families involved. You will agree with me that it would be practically impossible for a man to get married in those days without the consent of both families. Courting in those days are left in the hands of our parents. That was when the community was small and everyone knew each other. But presently, because of globalization, expansion, modernization and the rest, we are no longer talking about a homogeneous community where everyone is acquainted with the other. As such the job of the parents has become cumbersome, hence the need for the individuals to help out with the job of courting i.e trying to gain the affection or love of the other. Those days it was sufficient to get the affection or love of the girls family but now it is required that we seek to win both the affection of the lady and the family as well. I think I am talking too much. The bottom line is, I believe that if courtship means to attempt to win the love or affection of another then even the 'good' pastor courted before he got married because he either sought the love and affection of the girl or the girl's family. Q.E.D.
Courtship does not mean to attempt to win the love of the other person. Check ur dictionary and revert so we see if courtship truely means a period u get to know each other to see if things will work ! Please revert for us to discuss. Thanks
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Dauchman(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Dozymars,u said we should not follow any man made theory.Now tell us,where in the 'Godly theory'we were instructed or admonished to court like u just quoted?
Can u sight any example of courtship in the bible ? Courtship is what is man made and not the other way round.

No wonder ur Nigerian pastors are getting divorced every minute. I hav seen a lot of pple who claim dey had spiritual divination and went ahead to marry pple dey jst met, guess what, a lot are divorced today, hell my aunt went to some Nigerian pst(if I rememba correctly it shld b bethel ministries), he prayed and pointed at some random fella saying that was her husband, guess wat after 6months she was single again, now after proper courtship she has been married for 8yrs. Don't get me wrong am not saying if u court ur marriage wld last but most tyms it prepares u for the unforseen except u hav been a fool. Bsides where in the bible is dere anytin against courtship since u claim the bible is where u get ur theory.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by MadCow1: 4:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
striktlymi: @poster I don't quite agree with the view of the 'good' pastor. I don't think that it would be wise for anyone to get married without one form of courtship or the other. As much as I agree that because of the dynamism of human beings and our natural instinct to adapt with the changing world, it is absolutely impossible to know everything there is to know about an individual; it is still self deceit to believe that we can actually get married without courtship. For starters and in the context in which we are looking at it, courtship simply means to attempt to gain the love or affection of someone, especially when we are considering marriage. In the days of our fathers, this attempt is done by the families involved. You will agree with me that it would be practically impossible for a man to get married in those days without the consent of both families. Courting in those days are left in the hands of our parents. That was when the community was small and everyone knew each other. But presently, because of globalization, expansion, modernization and the rest, we are no longer talking about a homogeneous community where everyone is acquainted with the other. As such the job of the parents has become cumbersome, hence the need for the individuals to help out with the job of courting i.e trying to gain the affection or love of the other. Those days it was sufficient to get the affection or love of the girls family but now it is required that we seek to win both the affection of the lady and the family as well. I think I am talking too much. The bottom line is, I believe that if courtship means to attempt to win the love or affection of another then even the 'good' pastor courted before he got married because he either sought the love and affection of the girl or the girl's family. Q.E.D.

[b]Too long a write up... Now let me explain this pastor and what he is known for..

PASTOR CHRIS OJIGBANI is Nigerias NO. 1 marriage pastor.. His marriage miracles are instant.. Like my Igbo peoples will say Che're We're miracle..

At his crusades, from meeting your spouse to marriage dosent take more than a week.. Infact, several people have met, courted and married their partners at his crusade in under 1 hour..

At one of his crusades, a woman attended the crusade today, went home and recieved a call from a guy in America that evening who professed love to her and everything and said he would marry her despite her having about two or three kids (this woman looked like she was atleast 50 yrs old) and promised to send her a Visa and all for her and her kids to join him in America.. She had never seen, met or spoken to the person before attending the crusade that evening... Apparently, the person saw her picture with someone she knows in the U.S and decided to marry her..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCTgeK2oiv4

#I Fainted again!! grin

Thats his style...

His crusades are always filled with 85% single women...

google him and listen to JAW-DROPPING TESTIMONIES.. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by wassup123(m): 4:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
Being improper, I disagree, cos it goes a long way in aidin u 2 knw d partner u wnt 2 get married...bein a waste of time I may wnt 2 agree, cos u can neva knw a person in totality, even afta marriage, u will sstill dicover tins u neva knew b4 while courtin....wat abt compatibility? 2 pple can neva b dsame, its abt hw both of dem can cope n manage deir differences
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Dauchman(m): 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2012
tex baba: The pastor may be rigth in some sense. This is d way I see it: if u court a gurl for 3 yrs, enjoying every every all in the name of studying her or him, nd later u discover that she is not ur type, u then move on to the next gurl rigth! After courting the new gurl too for abt another 2 yrs then she happens not to be ur type, u move on again abi. Then u court the 3rd gurl for another 3 yrs nd she may still not be ur type...how many girls ar u going to court before u eventually marry one? What d pastor is invariably saying is that courtship, no mata how long does not determine whether the marriage will be successful or not. In other words, he is saying don't marry d person u love but instead love the person u marry shikena! The pastor is not saying we shld marry strangers, if u see a gurl u think u like frm a distance based on character and or beauty, go for her. The process of planning ur wedding will be btw 3 to 6 months or more, that's some tym to do further study, not to disqualify her but to know more abt her since uve earlier find somthing marriable in her in the first place.

Well I do not blame u for this illustration. What most fail to realize is courtship isn't all about sex. Pple hav courted witout having sex. This style of courting( wit sex) is modern and not the true meaning of courting.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by adelegan1: 4:30pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mad Cow:

In Chris Ojibanis church, omo na live on stage, there and there..

At one of his crusade, as the two people wey just meet that evening see each other, like each other, omo the pastor carry them commot for alter o!!

on stage na ehn one woman come say she go sponsor the gown, another person sponsor the decoration of the hall, another person sponsor the ring.. OMO!!! Wedding set in under 30 miniutes..

I FAINT AGAIN!! grin

Guy you too funny, you dey make me laugh die
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by dozymars(m): 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Okay Mr M.K.O I think you need to know what courtship is. from the dictionary Courtship is traditionally the wooing of a female by a male, includes activities such as dating (dinner and a movie, a picnic, or general "hanging out"wink, along with other forms of activity, such as meeting online (also known as virtual dating), chatting on-line, sending text messages or picture messages, conversing over the phone, writing each other letters, and sending each other flowers, songs, and gifts. Courting usually involves getting to know the family (especially the parents) of the one you are courting. Most of the time courting will be done somewhere public, to lower the chances of anything going on between the couple. Some couples who court do not even kiss until marriage.

In my opinion courtship is like friendship, a committed friendship to a particular person. So is there anything wrong with friendship? NO.
Except you think courtship is all about having sex before marriage, then you are wrong.
Courtship is an english word for such frienship, you get to meet the family or parents of both families during this time.
So will you marry a girl without meeting her family?
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by paris10: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
Can someone please explain to me like I'm 5 yrs old the difference between courtship and relationship?

So, because I'm a Christian I should ignore dating a sister and go straight into the marriage rites abi?

It is ignorant and unintelligent to come up with that assertion. Only desperate singles (those nearing 40) would support and advocate for this arrant nonsense. Blind date is even better than this one!

Pastors should again not too much concern themselves with what goes on in the confine of the homes of the love birds. They should stick to making the relation work by just preaching the love of Christ.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Courtship does not mean to attempt to win the love of the other person. Check ur dictionary and revert so we see if courtship truely means a period u get to know each other to see if things will work ! Please revert for us to discuss. Thanks

Guy make your research before you comment as I did mine. Courtship can mean a whole lot of things including the definition I gave. Courtship can mean:

Abbr. C., ct.

1.a. An extent of open ground partially or completely enclosed by walls or buildings; a courtyard.
b. A short street, especially a wide alley walled by buildings on three sides.
c. A large open section of a building, often with a glass roof or skylight.
d. A large building, such as a mansion, standing in a courtyard.

2.a. The place of residence of a sovereign or dignitary; a royal mansion or palace.
b. The retinue of a sovereign, including the royal family and personal servants, advisers, and ministers.
c. A sovereign's governing body, including the council of ministers and state advisers. d. A formal meeting or reception presided over by a sovereign.

3.Law. a. A person or body of persons whose task is to hear and submit a decision on cases at law.
b. The building, hall, or room in which such cases are heard and determined.
c. The regular session of a judicial assembly.
d. A similar authorized tribunal having military or ecclesiastical jurisdiction.

4.Sports. An open, level area marked with appropriate lines, upon which a game, such as tennis, handball, or basketball, is played.

5.The body of directors of an organization, especially of a corporation.

6.A legislative assembly.

noun, attributive.
Often used to modify another noun: a court jester; court records.

verb
court·ed, court·ing, courts

verb, transitive

1.a. To attempt to gain; seek: courting wealth and fame. b. To behave so as to invite or incur: courts disaster by taking drugs.
2.To try to gain the love or affections of, especially to seek to marry.
3.To attempt to gain the favor of by attention or flattery: a salesperson courting a potential customer.

verb,

Excerpted from The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition Copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products N.V., further reproduction and distribution restricted in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.

Source: Microsoft bookshelf 2000.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Dauchman(m): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
m.k.o2005:

I now understand ur afinity to agree wit the pastor. Apparently you do not even knw the meaning of courtship. Well this is a lite read for you
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtship
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
Dauchman:

Dude you lie, wasn't it d same mary that was bethroted to Joseph. I hope u realize dey knew each oda not canaly b4 Mary gave birth to Jesus. You seem to misconstrue courtship as being sex b4 marriage. My parents courted b4 dey got married and after 65yrs dey r still rocking. Stop throwing your ignorance around.
What does the word betrothed means ? Check and revert to me pls.The bible recorded that Mary was espoused(bethroted) to Joseph. Was that courtship ? Pls let's take it a step at a time. So others can learn.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
fluid26: Fake pastors everywhere! grin

r u real??
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by agb2011(f): 4:37pm On Oct 15, 2012
amaikama:
if God can be in the center of the marriage and still have storms,wat of the ones He is not in the center?
Tornado grin grin
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by MadCow1: 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
adelegan1:

Guy you too funny, you dey make me laugh die

Shey you think say na play matter... Oya, watch this link..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yicehMTdFr8

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
sexkillz: Mr pastor Whoever, with all due respects, shut tha fark up!
+1000 likes.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
Dauchman:

I now understand ur afinity to agree wit the pastor. Apparently you do not even knw the meaning of courtship. Well this is a lite read for you
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtship
That is to say we actually court before engagement right ? It still same thing when you answer the question why we court. We are saying samething here brother.
So pls from ur link,tell me what u understand courtship to BE ?
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
striktlymi:

Guy make your research before you comment as I did mine. Courtship can mean a whole lot of things including the definition I gave. Courtship can mean:

Abbr. C., ct.

1.a. An extent of open ground partially or completely enclosed by walls or buildings; a courtyard.
Since courtship can mean a whole lot of things urs,mine inclusive. Now let's start with, Why do we court ? Just a sentence from you will do.

2.a. The place of residence of a sovereign or dignitary; a royal mansion or palace.
b. The retinue of a sovereign, including the royal family and personal servants, advisers, and ministers.
c. A sovereign's governing body, including the council of ministers and state advisers. d. A formal meeting or reception presided over by a sovereign.

3.Law. a. A person or body of persons whose task is to hear and submit a decision on cases at law.
d. A similar authorized tribunal having military or ecclesiastical jurisdiction.

4.Sports. An open, level area marked with appropriate lines, upon which a game, such as tennis, handball, or basketball, is played.

noun, attributive.

verb

verb, transitive

1.a. To attempt to gain; seek: courting wealth and fame. b. To behave so as to invite or incur: courts disaster by taking drugs.
3.To attempt to gain the favor of by attention or flattery: a salesperson courting a potential customer.

verb,

Excerpted from The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition Copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products N.V., further reproduction and distribution restricted in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Iaz93: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2012
berem: am sure the eediot didn't court his wife too! Bloody hypocrites!

lmaOo...hahaha
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by adelegan1: 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mad Cow:

[b]Too long a write up... Now let me explain this pastor and what he is known for..

PASTOR CHRIS OJIGBANI is Nigerias NO. 1 marriage pastor.. His marriage miracles are instant.. Like my Igbo peoples will say Che're We're miracle..

At his crusades, from meeting your spouse to marriage dosent take more than a week.. Infact, several people have met, courted and married their partners at his crusade in under 1 hour..

At one of his crusades, a woman attended the crusade today, went home and recieved a call from a guy in America that evening who professed love to her and everything and said he would marry her despite her having about two or three kids (this woman looked like she was atleast 50 yrs old) and promised to send her a Visa and all for her and her kids to join him in America.. She had never seen, met or spoken to the person before attending the crusade that evening... Apparently, the person saw her picture with someone she knows in the U.S and decided to marry her..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCTgeK2oiv4

#I Fainted again!! grin

Thats his style...

Guy na every time you dey faint. You dey make me laugh so tey water dey comet for my face

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2012
striktlymi:

Abbr. C., ct.

noun, attributive.

verb

verb, transitive

verb,

Since courtship means a whole lot of things ur def and mine inclusive. Now pls let's start with Why do we court before MARRIAGE ?
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
Mad Cow:

#I Fainted again!! grin

Thats his style...

Guy if what you are saying is true then I am shocked at this revelation. This goes to show the extent people are ready to go because of desperation. How can someone in his or her right senses get married to someone you just met? People marrying within an hour is the very height. Have you bothered to check the resultant effect of such marriages? Anyways, I understand that some people are ready to do very silly things because they want to wear a ring.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by playboy19(m): 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
Women, when desperate are the dumbest things on the planet. I thank God for the life of this pastor, atleast if i ever decide to become a pastor, i know what my ministry will be based on.

But guys, come o.... this pastor go dey enjoy die. See as single and desperately ladies yapa for hin church or na event we go call ham. Chei, women don suffer for this world.. cheesy cheesy

PS - I am a good christian but i know a fake pastor/mere motivational speaker/good event organizer turn pastor/good master of ceremony turn pastor when i see one
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Dauchman(m): 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
m.k.o2005:

What does the word betrothed means ? Check and revert to me pls.The bible recorded that Mary was espoused(bethroted) to Joseph. Was that courtship ? Pls let's take it a step at a time. So others can learn.

Simply means promised in marriage or the period of engagement. Remember at this point she cld hav run away or refuse to marry him. Dude do some research. But again to ease things for u, anoda lite read.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engagement
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
Lero15: u dont av to take evritin ur pastor says 100%...courtship is not a sin or frm any pit of hell as long as u dont engage in immoral acts.
i WILL BY THE Grace of God show you why i say you can't court and not contradict the word of God !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

.::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! / Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) / Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.