Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (42669 Views)

Why Having A Phd Is A Waste – Bishop Oyedepo / Pastor Chris And T.b Joshua Are Satanic. (pst Chris Is A White Demon) / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by maureen44(f): 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2012
[quote author=sheyie2007]If a pastor gives his opinion, people assume it to be the way of the Lord. Why don't you use common sense before you bring a stranger into your spiritual and emotional life?

and for the record, courtship lessens marriage problems.
Courtship is totally not the best, because both parties will only try to adjust their behaviour for the time being wating for the final wisthel, to come out with the stuff they are made of
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Goldenheart(m): 8:07pm On Oct 15, 2012
na wa o..... Make una give ur life 2 Jesus. N turn away 4rm ur sins.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mrperfect(m): 8:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
But is better to know at all than not knowing.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by free2ryhme: 8:31pm On Oct 15, 2012
kessyur: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time And Very Improper-pst. Chris

i just finish listening to Pst. Chris Ojigbani. He spoke bitterly against courtship which he described as a waste of time. According to the renowned marriage counselor, you can never study a partner in toto so why waste time. He said two people can never be compatible . I kind of see some facts in what he said. What are your opinions?

different strokes for different folks
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by kessyur: 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
booqee: @op. Since u agree with pastor chris dat courtship is unimportant, can we pls go to court next week and get married since i like you??
Mtcheww.....! Absolute bullshit!
#thread burnt.

Am available. i promise u no courtship......every ladies dream.Hook me up at kessyur@yahoo.com
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by bigmaut: 9:44pm On Oct 15, 2012
;if u no court woman b4 u marry am what if she dey piss 4 bed ? this half-baked born-again pastor ojigbani need 2 hav his medulla oblongata examine grin
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by simo4real(m): 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
I totally disagree wt the poster, Courtship before marriage is still the best. How will you know the kind of person you want to involve ur self wt if not through courtship.I mate my wife to be during my year 1 in University we dated still we finished school went to service secure jobs now we finally want to break the silent of courtship on this coming sat 27th Oct to proclaim our love for each other in the presence of Almighty God.(I do I do sum tin)
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by EchikaChina: 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2012
amaikama:
u think its bull shit!!!.... pls tell me,Adam and Eve,what sort of courtship did they entered into before they got married and even at that,what happened at the end? if God can be in the center of the marriage and still have storms,wat of the ones He is not in the center?
Sorry bro, but you are naive, and not conversant with ya bible, did bible say that adam and eve got married?? Where was the wedding? Who was the officiating minister?

Marriage was invented when it became
necessary to stop men from killing each
other over the ownership of women. It
was not just ownership of women for the
sake of it. It was ownership of women for
the sake of property.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Shadydamsel(f): 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
t]
kessyur: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time And Very Improper-pst. Chris

i just finish listening to Pst. Chris Ojigbani. He spoke bitterly against courtship which he described as a waste of time. According to the renowned marriage counselor, you can never study a partner in toto so why waste time. He said two people can never be compatible . I kind of see some facts in what he said. What are your opinions?
I personally don't fink dat it is all wat some pastor dat should be taken serious. Beware guyz just do what U think its right, I mean how can u no d person u're dating better if dere is no courtship or will U just pick a person and marry like dat
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by stagger: 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2012
I watched one of his programs in 2008 and I could immediately see through his charade. How can a man and woman live together without courtship?

That is like telling someone to enter a Boeing 737-300 without going to flying school. Both he and the aircraft will end up damaged goods. So it is with marriage without courtship.

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by TheMadameXimena(f): 10:33pm On Oct 15, 2012
How can u marry someone without courting?
That means he advocates courtship after marriage abi?

Divorce is imminent !
Na wa oh and some gullible ppl will apply this "rule"
May all these so called men of God not lead people astray with is "kindatalk"
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by bunmijames(m): 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
Courtship is just a gap between when u both agree to go into a relationship and when u eventually married this time vary from one person to another, d man & woman u d period to strategies ahead of their marriage life and not just wedding day
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Sagamite(m): 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2012

And this is the person counseling people on relationships? undecided
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2012
salaksmana: So if I see a lady today, I can marry her tomorrow? Kai kai kai
No brother.You ask God to direct you to a lady for marriage.Trust you will find cos God answers prayers of HIS children.When you see what u like,for sure she will be a christian.If u tell urself that u want to settle down with her,u will see cos u won't be troubled in ur heart.Propose to her.When she accepts,you can go ahead with ur marriage plans. All other learning,compatibility check,understanding and the rest will be in marriage.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by meggieblac: 8:26am On Oct 16, 2012
m.k.o2005:

No brother.You ask God to direct you to a lady for marriage.Trust you will find cos God answers prayers of HIS children.When you see what u like,for sure she will be a christian.If u tell urself that u want to settle down with her,u will see cos u won't be troubled in ur heart.Propose to her.When she accepts,you can go ahead with ur marriage plans. All other learning,compatibility check,understanding and the rest will be in marriage.

And if i find out we are not compatible during marriage?
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2012
dozymars:

How do u know they didnt court? were the days of meeting eachother before marriage stated?

Moreover Isaac servant prayed that God should show him Isaac's wife in a peculiar way by showing him the signs when he went in search for Isaac's wife.

Isaac is a covenant child so there can be no mistakes even if he doesnt court. The Marriage is divine.

You asked me the question how i know they never courted and you went on to answer the question that Isaac was a covenant child that was why he did not court.Yes that was what the servant did as a wise man. We all have to be wise and ask God for direction which HE will definitely do for us.No need for courtship.No body in the bible courted at least it was not mentioned.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2012
abuayman: [color=#006600][/color]

And U, wueva u re, shut d Bleep down
It's difficult to let go of an old believe or knowledge !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 8:31am On Oct 16, 2012
meggieblac:

And if i find out we are not compatible during marriage?
No two person can be compatible. People changes with time. You might be in agreement in courtship but once you get married,things beging to happen negatively.You wonder why couple file in for divorce even after their 10yrs of courtship ? They thot they were compatible in courtship and got married and latter found out that either some one was deceiving some one all along or some one has changed. The secrete is understanding and tolerance in marriage wether u got married to ur enemy or friend. Not courtship
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2012
Sagamite:

And this is the person counseling people on relationships? undecided
You can go the way of the world -COURTSHIP. But for a child of God who want's to please God,shun courtship and seek the face of God for direction and you will be led !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2012
Shadydamsel: t] I personally don't fink dat it is all wat some pastor dat should be taken serious. Beware guyz just do what U think its right, I mean how can u no d person u're dating better if dere is no courtship or will U just pick a person and marry like dat
Pastor Chris Ojigbani never gave his opinion on the matter but what God want's through what his words says . You can believe the WORD or the world !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 8:37am On Oct 16, 2012
mrperfect: But is better to know at all than not knowing.
He who thinks he knows,knows nothing actually. It's better you dnt know before marriage than the very thot that you know and start to see something different in marriage proper.Courtship is anti God !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by ikaboy: 8:39am On Oct 16, 2012
@OP(kessyur)
Ur post on d romance section are quite interesting even as u are selling ur "www.allinksandtoners.com.ng" with stlye.
I got delivery of my ordered printer consumables at Asaba. I will advise u to take advantage of the nairaland ads and annouce your "www.allinksandtoners.com.ng" to more viewers.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 8:40am On Oct 16, 2012
[quote author=maureen44][/quote]
You are right ! You can't know any one enough to be married to that person. Seek God's direction and u will make the best of decision in life !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 8:43am On Oct 16, 2012
OilSubsidy: @ m.k.o2005, Why do you think you need to convince anybody that it is necessary to court or not? Haven't you heard the saying different strokes for different folks? Are you Ojigbani or him brother/manager? mtcheeewww
It's just our different views on the subject.We have got the right to do whatever we want. Am not forcing God's view or standard on anyone but i know for sure some will learn something out of this.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 8:48am On Oct 16, 2012
striktlymi:

@mko I believe firmly that there is no hard and fast rule about getting married. Irrespective of how one decide to go about finding his or her life partner, I believe that the element of desperation should not be part of it. Courtship for me I believe is necessary because not everyone is as he or she seems. The world we live in is a dangerous place and we need to exercise some form of discretion in choosing a life partner. I know that it is still possible to make a mistake after taking the much needed precaution but the risk of making the mistake is mitigated when we thread with caution. I believe that before one should get married, it is important to get to know the man or woman and the families too. This takes time. The example a fellow nairalander gave of someone who got married under an hour is a bit too much cause I wonder how the marriage was organized and if the families and/or friends were involved.
No one should see a lady today and be married to the person today.It's just not possible. There are ways to go about it which is what Ogjigbani was trying to put forward. Please see below :

If you dnt know where you are going to,ask for God's direction
After you have been directed to ur would be life partner or to WHERE you will find her,and you see who you LIKE,
You will find out that the person will be a 'christian'becos God is directing you,
Ask yourself a question concerning your future life with that person you hav seen and liked,
If you experience calmness of the heart havin asked urself that question,
Please note that the calmness or disturbance in heart is a sure possible ways God speaks to even a baby christian,
Havin considered all the above to be on the positive side,go ahead and propose to the person.
Because you have been directed by God does not mean the person can not object to ur marriage proposal,
This is where you start to work to make her accept you but not as in the case of Courtship where you go into relationship to study,learn or for compatibility check.
If the would be life partner accepts you,inform your parents and she would do same then you guys can start to plan for marriager and not courtship but in a situation where she refuses to accept you,move on with life and apply same principle yuou will see you will get married easily.
I tell you my brother,the devil does not want us to get married hence courtship which most certainly leads to pre-marital sex and God's wrath towards us the chosen.
The coming of the lord will be like the days of Noah men will be getting married and giving out their daughters in marriage.The devil does not still like this one hence his strategic and devlish delays through courtship and others !
Remain blessed bro.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Andybaby: 8:58am On Oct 16, 2012
Don't go into a relationship if you are not prepared for marriage. That's what makes people court for very long periods. For me I don't want a relationship now. I may probably consider a relationship, if the woman is working. My current salary can't cover my immediate basic important needs talk less of planning for wedding, children and future family projects.

1 Like

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by smokeyupu(m): 9:42am On Oct 16, 2012
hillyf: Well datz his opinion, but a wrong opinion 4 a pastor! Courting or not is a decision left 2 d couple!
So why should he be my pastor if he can't counsel me before and durring marriage ? It's our opinion to do negative or possitive things but there are people around us who can actually say that's the right or wrong way using either the word of God,experience or the word of the world. Well,like u said,it's ur opinion also.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by smokeyupu(m): 9:45am On Oct 16, 2012
striktlymi:

Sorry but my knowledge of holy scripture is a bit rusty. Can you please give me the bible passage where it is said that Adam and Eve got married? A quote will be highly appreciated.

Gen 2:22-25. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave unto his wife and they two shall become one. That's marriage mate !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by smokeyupu(m): 10:01am On Oct 16, 2012
chreld_b:

Good lord shocked. This kind of mentality belongs to the stone ages. So people who courted before marriage are doomed abi? and what do you mean about courtship means you dont trust in God. In another scenerio if you are hungry will you wait for God to cook for you to proove your faith in him? Oh I forgot that God sent manna down from heaven for the Isrealites tongue. These doctrines are a load of crap. Stop decieving yourself
The producer of every product has got a manual of instruction. One of God's product is marriage as old fashion as it could look.We need the manual of instruction of the product to be able to operate d product effectively.People say the bible belongs to d stone age so is marriage and it's still the subject of discussion in the 21st century. If u have an old volks wagon and it breaks down on the way,will u now say cos u have a new model volks wagon car that u have to use the manual of instruction of the new model ? No. u will revert to d old model manual of instruction of the old model volks.That's how it is with marriage.We have to go back to God to make things work in our marriage. Courtship profits nothing. See below for how you can work with God to get married effortlesly and the Godly way :
If you dnt know where you are going to,ask for God's direction
After you have been directed to ur would be life partner or to WHERE you will find her,and you see who you LIKE,
You will find out that the person will be a 'christian'becos God is directing you,
Ask yourself a question concerning your future life with that person you hav seen and liked,
If you experience calmness of the heart havin asked urself that question,
Please note that the calmness or disturbance in heart is a sure possible ways God speaks to even a baby christian,
Havin considered all the above to be on the positive side,go ahead and propose to the person.
Because you have been directed by God does not mean the person can not object to ur marriage proposal,
This is where you start to work to make her accept you but not as in the case of Courtship where you go into relationship to study,learn or for compatibility check.
If the would be life partner accepts you,inform your parents and she would do same then you guys can start to plan for marriager and not courtship but in a situation where she refuses to accept you,move on with life and apply same principle yuou will see you will get married easily.
I tell you my brother,the devil does not want us to get married hence courtship which most certainly leads to pre-marital sex and God's wrath towards us the chosen.
The coming of the lord will be like the days of Noah men will be getting married and giving out their daughters in marriage.The devil does not still like this one hence his strategic and devlish delays through courtship and others !
Remain blessed brothers.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by buhak: 10:05am On Oct 16, 2012
relationship before marriage is very good because the bible said by there fruit you shall know them not by there word.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by ikekings(m): 10:13am On Oct 16, 2012
You guys just patronized the pastor with your comments... He's a business man... He's making a living...
Pastor business: good and profitable business.... They gain a lot, with just a minor loss of (20 naira tom tom).... I might as well open my own church one day and start making my own money... “Courtship before marriage is a waste of time”... What a load of crap... undecided undecided undecided...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

.::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! / Onitsha Catholic Diocese schools and hospitals they owns(photo) / Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.