Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time (42662 Views)

Why Having A Phd Is A Waste – Bishop Oyedepo / Pastor Chris And T.b Joshua Are Satanic. (pst Chris Is A White Demon) / Pst Chris Oyakhilome And T.b Joshua Are Secret Agent Of The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by smokeyupu(m): 10:32am On Oct 16, 2012
Echika China:
Sorry bro, but you are naive, and not conversant with ya bible, did bible say that adam and eve got married?? Where was the wedding? Who was the officiating minister?

Marriage was invented when it became
necessary to stop men from killing each
other over the ownership of women. It
was not just ownership of women for the
sake of it. It was ownership of women for
the sake of property.

The first ever was in the Garden Gen 2:22-25.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by smokeyupu(m): 10:36am On Oct 16, 2012
simo4real: I totally disagree wt the poster, Courtship before marriage is still the best. How will you know the kind of person you want to involve ur self wt if not through courtship.I mate my wife to be during my year 1 in University we dated still we finished school went to service secure jobs now we finally want to break the silent of courtship on this coming sat 27th Oct to proclaim our love for each other in the presence of Almighty God.(I do I do sum tin)
This is how you go about it :
If you dnt know where you are going to,ask for God's direction
After you have been directed to ur would be life partner or to WHERE you will find her,and you see who you LIKE,
You will find out that the person will be a 'christian'becos God is directing you,
Ask yourself a question concerning your future life with that person you hav seen and liked,
If you experience calmness of the heart havin asked urself that question,
Please note that the calmness or disturbance in heart is a sure possible ways God speaks to even a baby christian,
Havin considered all the above to be on the positive side,go ahead and propose to the person.
Because you have been directed by God does not mean the person can not object to ur marriage proposal,
This is where you start to work to make her accept you but not as in the case of Courtship where you go into relationship to study,learn or for compatibility check.
If the would be life partner accepts you,inform your parents and she would do same then you guys can start to plan for marriager and not courtship but in a situation where she refuses to accept you,move on with life and apply same principle yuou will see you will get married easily.
I tell you my brother,the devil does not want us to get married hence courtship which most certainly leads to pre-marital sex and God's wrath towards us the chosen.
The coming of the lord will be like the days of Noah men will be getting married and giving out their daughters in marriage.The devil does not still like this one hence his strategic and devlish delays through courtship and others !
Remain blessed brothers.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by smokeyupu(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2012
kessyur:

Am available. i promise u no courtship......every ladies dream.Hook me up at kessyur@yahoo.com

It has a standard.

After you have been directed to ur would be life partner or to WHERE you will find her,and you see who you LIKE,
You will find out that the person will be a 'christian'becos God is directing you,
Ask yourself a question concerning your future life with that person you hav seen and liked,
Please note that the calmness or disturbance in heart is a sure possible ways God speaks to even a baby christian,
Havin considered all the above to be on the positive side,go ahead and propose to the person.
Because you have been directed by God does not mean the person can not object to ur marriage proposal,
This is where you start to work to make her accept you but not as in the case of Courtship where you go into relationship to study,learn or for compatibility check.
If the would be life partner accepts you,inform your parents and she would do same then you guys can start to plan for marriager and not courtship but in a situation where she refuses to accept you,move on with life and apply same principle yuou will see you will get married easily.
I tell you my brother,the devil does not want us to get married hence courtship which most certainly leads to pre-marital sex and God's wrath towards us the chosen.
The coming of the lord will be like the days of Noah men will be getting married and giving out their daughters in marriage.The devil does not still like this one hence his strategic and devlish delays through courtship and others !
Remain blessed brothers.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by smokeyupu(m): 10:38am On Oct 16, 2012
Dauchman:

No wonder ur Nigerian pastors are getting divorced every minute. I hav seen a lot of pple who claim dey had spiritual divination and went ahead to marry pple dey jst met, guess what, a lot are divorced today, hell my aunt went to some Nigerian pst(if I rememba correctly it shld b bethel ministries), he prayed and pointed at some random fella saying that was her husband, guess wat after 6months she was single again, now after proper courtship she has been married for 8yrs. Don't get me wrong am not saying if u court ur marriage wld last but most tyms it prepares u for the unforseen except u hav been a fool. Bsides where in the bible is dere anytin against courtship since u claim the bible is where u get ur theory.
Please see below:

Remain blessed brothers.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by smokeyupu(m): 10:41am On Oct 16, 2012
playboy19: Women, when desperate are the dumbest things on the planet. I thank God for the life of this pastor, atleast if i ever decide to become a pastor, i know what my ministry will be based on.

But guys, come o.... this pastor go dey enjoy die. See as single and desperately ladies yapa for hin church or na event we go call ham. Chei, women don suffer for this world.. cheesy cheesy

PS - I am a good christian but i know a fake pastor/mere motivational speaker/good event organizer turn pastor/good master of ceremony turn pastor when i see one
He/she who thinks they know might actually not know anything.No offence it's applicable to me as well. See below:
Remain blessed .
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Ladiesguy: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2012
The man is simply confused by the various kinds of relationships that he has been councelling!

If you can understand ur partner during courtship then why is it possible for u to read and understand peoples attitude?

Let him keep his beliv to himself nd not try to bring it public cos no one will buy to this!
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 16, 2012
slap1: I think it's not a total waste of time. Since change is constant, we can say that courtship does not present the platform to know everything about a partner.

Very true.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by smokeyupu(m): 10:44am On Oct 16, 2012
paris10: Can someone please explain to me like I'm 5 yrs old the difference between courtship and relationship?

So, because I'm a Christian I should ignore dating a sister and go straight into the marriage rites abi?

It is ignorant and unintelligent to come up with that assertion. Only desperate singles (those nearing 40) would support and advocate for this arrant nonsense. Blind date is even better than this one!

Pastors should again not too much concern themselves with what goes on in the confine of the homes of the love birds. They should stick to making the relation work by just preaching the love of Christ.

marriage preparation is different from courtship !
Please see below:
Remain blessed brothers.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 11:23am On Oct 16, 2012
Dauchman:

Simply means promised in marriage or the period of engagement. Remember at this point she cld hav run away or refuse to marry him. Dude do some research. But again to ease things for u, anoda lite read.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engagement
Thanks bro.From our findings so far we have been able to see what betrothal and courtship means. Betrothal is an engagement and courtship precedes engagement i.e a period before engagement. Remember this is what the link u uploaded says. You can go through it again for us to be very sure. Now if the bible says MARY WAS betrothed to Joseph which means engagement,are we now to say they were in courtship ? Remember ur link says Bethrothal means engagement which could still mean that you have paid the bride price or the parents or the bride herself have decided to give herself to u as a wife. According to the Jewish tradition which involves Mary and Joseph,When a woman is bethrothed or espoused to a man,the woman remains with her parents waiting for for the Groom to come back very ready in all aspect to pick her up.(This is the kind of relationship we have with Christ.He is married to us but has gone to prepare a place for us.He will be back to pick the bride.Atleast my bible tells me so.)Apostle talked about bethrothal to the Corinthians 2nd Corinthians 11:2.Mary was engaged to Joseph and was left behind to go prepare for the marriage proper. So my friend,atleast we have established the fact that it was not courtship that they were doing even before she conceived Christ. They were in an espousal relationship and not courtship. So Mary never courted Joseph as some of us here ignorantly puts it.Read Mathew 1:19 where the bible called Joseph the husband of Mary who was only waiting for the joinin day ! Please let's take it easy why i show you what Chris Ojigbani want's those who care to see and understand !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 11:45am On Oct 16, 2012
onobi7:
How old are you? You don see Rebekah or you be Isaac? What makes you think that what is documented in the Bible is the entirety of events at the time they met? It's a narrative and whoever wrote it was out to make a point. Carry Isaac and Rebekah put for Naija in 2012 and the tory go change! One ajeboh guy seeing a kpako lady walk into his father's compound . . . cool
At least the bible said something concerning their first meeting ever .The servant was taking the would be bride to the groom and Rebekah saw a man standing outside of their house and she inquired of the servant who the man was and the servant replied saying : β€œHe is my master,” the servant answered. So she took her veil and covered herself. Please read Gen,24:61-65.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 11:47am On Oct 16, 2012
berem: so because isaac didn't court rebekah,then I should go and jump into the lagoon? Is it my fault that they didn't court? This is the reason I don't go to church! When you hear messages from so called men of God,you go tire! Mtscheeeew!
Sory bro. The message is for Christians and those who are willing to change.Not for every one though !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2012
Dauchman:

Dude you lie, wasn't it d same mary that was bethroted to Joseph. I hope u realize dey knew each oda not canaly b4 Mary gave birth to Jesus. You seem to misconstrue courtship as being sex b4 marriage. My parents courted b4 dey got married and after 65yrs dey r still rocking. Stop throwing your ignorance around.
Your parents could have courted does not make courtship the Godly way to do things.They may court and succeed or fail.But we are following scriptures here. Concerning Mary and Joseph,pls see below :

According to the Jewish tradition which involves Mary and Joseph,When a woman is bethrothed or espoused to a man,the woman remains with her parents waiting for the Groom to come back very ready in all aspect to pick her up.(This is the kind of relationship we have with Christ.He is married to us but has gone to prepare a place for us.He will be back to pick the bride.Atleast my bible tells me so.)Apostle talked about bethrothal to the Corinthians 2nd Corinthians 11:2.Mary was engaged to Joseph and was left behind to go prepare for the marriage proper. So my friend,atleast we have established the fact that it was not courtship that they were doing even before she conceived Christ. They were in an espousal(Bethrothal) relationship and not courtship. So Mary never courted Joseph as some of us here ignorantly puts it.Read Mathew 1:19 where the bible called Joseph the husband of Mary who was only waiting for the joinin day ! Please let's take it easy why i show you what Chris Ojigbani want's those who care to see and understand !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Your parents could have courted does not make courtship the Godly way to do things.They may court and succeed or fail.But we are following scriptures here. Concerning Mary and Joseph,pls see below :

According to the Jewish tradition which involves Mary and Joseph,When a woman is bethrothed or espoused to a man,the woman remains with her parents waiting for the Groom to come back very ready in all aspect to pick her up.(This is the kind of relationship we have with Christ.He is married to us but has gone to prepare a place for us.He will be back to pick the bride.Atleast my bible tells me so.)Apostle talked about bethrothal to the Corinthians 2nd Corinthians 11:2.Mary was engaged to Joseph and was left behind to go prepare for the marriage proper. So my friend,atleast we have established the fact that it was not courtship that they were doing even before she conceived Christ. They were in an espousal(Bethrothal) relationship and not courtship. So Mary never courted Joseph as some of us here ignorantly puts it.Read Mathew 1:19 where the bible called Joseph the husband of Mary who was only waiting for the joinin day ! Please let's take it easy why i show you what Chris Ojigbani want's those who care to see and understand !

If Joseph and Mary never courted, can you please explain how he found out about the pregnancy? And note that courtship can be done by either the individuals involved or the parents. The families of Joseph and Mary at the minimum sought each other's consent or in otherwise sought the affection and love of each other before they agreed to the arrangement. Joseph never saw Mary on the streets and walked up to her to say "O baby I want to marry you". The investigations and background check was done by the families of both of them and even at that, when Mary was of age Joseph still paid them a visit which would explain how he knew about the pregnancy.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 3:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
dozymars:

So you intend to see a woman u like today and marry her tomorrow. you can aswell stand on the street of lagos and pick her.

Its not enough for your physical eyes to desire a woman and want her, you also need your heart and spirit to accept her as the right person for you and this will take some time.
The spirit has got nothing to do with courtship.Agrred that you have to accept who you are marrying in heart and in spirit.Please see below:
Remain blessed.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 3:24pm On Oct 16, 2012
kemifemi:

Na so I tell my friend o. She say courtship no dey important. Her husband just dey panelbeat her like anything!
Now she knows better, she come dey tell me say if she had known, she for court d guy for like 1 year minimum.

One of my friends colleague courted her present husband for 9yrs and they got married.Just exactly two months into marriage,she walked up to my friends who is her colleague that she intends quitting her marriage that she thot she knows the husband too well to be married to her not knowing that she knows actually nothing about the husband until they got married.So much was said concerning the man's character and other things i can't put up here. But please See Below:

Remain blessed brothers.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2012
m.k.o2005:

One of my friends colleague courted her present husband for 9yrs and they got married.Just exactly two months into marriage,she walked up to my friends who is her colleague that she intends quitting her marriage that she thot she knows the husband too well to be married to her not knowing that she knows actually nothing about the husband until they got married.So much was said concerning the man's character and other things i can't put up here. But please See Below:

Remain blessed brothers.

How does this make a case for none courtship? And what make you think an attempt to get to know the one you are considering for marriage constitute a delay of the devil? A lot of so-called sisters have been deceived by guys who come to ask their hand in marriage with a blatant lie about receiving some inspiration from the spirit. Note that God does not inspire someone to meet another if he has not given the other person a favourable disposition to accepting the persons marriage proposal. You always revert to the bible but you have failed in all attempt to give us a scriptural backing for your stance. If you imply that courtship is devilish then give us your scriptural backing, otherwise it would be very good to leave scriptures out of it when you mention courtship.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2012
striktlymi:

If Joseph and Mary never courted, can you please explain how he found out about the pregnancy? And note that courtship can be done by either the individuals involved or the parents. The families of Joseph and Mary at the minimum sought each other's consent or in otherwise sought the affection and love of each other before they agreed to the arrangement. Joseph never saw Mary on the streets and walked up to her to say "O baby I want to marry you". The investigations and background check was done by the families of both of them and even at that, when Mary was of age Joseph still paid them a visit which would explain how he knew about the pregnancy.
Thanks for this question ! How you find ur life partner does not matter.It can be on the street in church,ur village or any other place that does not contradict the word of God.Investigation and background check could have been carried out anytime.Please note:The investigation and background check in the contemporary Christian world is nothing but to confirm if the person is a christain.I can marry ANYBODY so long as the person is a christian. In the case of Joseph and mary before christianity,the families of both parties only ensured that they were both from Godly background hence their approval for the espousal relationship.Then for matured partners,see below:

Remain blessed brothers.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by WiseJudge: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2012
grin
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
striktlymi:

How does this make a case for none courtship? And what make you think an attempt to get to know the one you are considering for marriage constitute a delay of the devil? A lot of so-called sisters have been deceived by guys who come to ask their hand in marriage with a blatant lie about receiving some inspiration from the spirit. Note that God does not inspire someone to meet another if he has not given the other person a favourable disposition to accepting the persons marriage proposal. You always revert to the bible but you have failed in all attempt to give us a scriptural backing for your stance. If you imply that courtship is devilish then give us your scriptural backing, otherwise it would be very good to leave scriptures out of it when you mention courtship.
When God asked Moses to go rescue the Israelites from the hands of Pharaoh,HE never asked Pharaoh to consent to moses' proposal.Infact as a matter of fact,HE hardened the heart of Pharaoh.That is to tell us that even when God is in a thing,HE expects us to work and not to sLEEP.mOSES Worked hard and got result.If he had relented and ran,probably the israelites would hav remained in Egypt till date or God would hav used some other prophet.There is no one woman kept for one man some where but there are so many daughters of zion that one could be directed to by God and she becomes ur wife.It depends on how you try to woe or convince the lady.And in trying to woe her,doesn't mean u guys are in any type of courtship becos there isn't an agreement yet.Once you get her approval,go ahead with ur marriage plans. I pray even as i type these lines that God will help us all.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:17pm On Oct 16, 2012
striktlymi:

I once mentioned that marriage isn't for unbelievers ! But when i saw that people might be hurt and start to abuse or say all sought of things to me,i mellowed down.When God designed marriage,HE had un-believers in mind.The first man and woman ever made on earth believed in God totally until something happened!God designed that union for them which could have gotten to us through them before the serpent deceived Eve.But toady,believers and un believers alike get married and even for the un-believers,they some times get converted and accepts the Lord God Almighty.This is a good thing that goes a long way to show that God can't make a mistake. @striktlymi,the reason i am very very slow to use scriptures for now is becos there are so many people on NL who either does not believe in God let alone the scripture or ignorant of what the scripture is saying or don't understand the spiritual angle of the scripture.I quoted Gen.24 61-65 When some one argued that Isaac courted with Rebekah.But the scripture showed us how Isaac for the very first time met with Rebekah after part of the bride price has been paid even. Bro,i dnt know if u are a christian or one who hates the word and the servants of God. But if i establish the fact that u are a true Christian or one who want's to learn from the little i know,i will by the special grace of God show you every single point i make here in the Holly bible. God bless you.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
striktlymi:

Joseph was in an espousal relationship with Mary.Meaning they were engaged(bethrothal) and and not in any courtship.We have established the fact before now that courtship precedes the engagement but in their own case they got engaged and like i stated before that in the Jewish tradition,when a man is espoused to a woman,the man leaves the woman with her parents and goes away to prepare for a come back which was exactly what Joseph did.And when he comes back finally,the parents alongside with the bride will be given a portion to stay together before the marriage ceremony proper.It is assumed they were married cos no other man will dare go to ask the woman's hand in marriage again.Pls see Mathew 1:19 calling the engaged partners husband and wife. ''Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly'' Brother,you do not divorce who you are not 'married to' and FOR THAT VERY REASON,IT IS VERY VERY EASY FOR JOSEPH TO BE OBLIVIOUS OF HER WIFE'S STATUS(pregnancy)
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Thanks for this question ! How you find ur life partner does not matter.It can be on the street in church,ur village or any other place that does not contradict the word of God.Investigation and background check could have been carried out anytime.Please note:The investigation and background check in the contemporary Christian world is nothing but to confirm if the person is a christain.I can marry ANYBODY so long as the person is a christian. In the case of Joseph and mary before christianity,the families of both parties only ensured that they were both from Godly background hence their approval for the espousal relationship.Then for matured partners,see below:

Remain blessed brothers.

I don't think you have any scriptural backing for not going into courtship because the act of finding out if the lady or guy is a christian or not pre-supposes a period of courtship since you seek to know whether both of you are compatible as Christians.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2012
jigwe101: I disagree. Courtship based on God's will is the best. God said do not be un equally yoked so how else are you going to know if someone is an authentic christian except through courtship. At least thats my view on it. I
There is no such thing as 'christian courtship'.There is no courtship that can be based on God's way unless it's something lse and not courtship. If it's coourtship,it must contradict or better put it contradicts the word of God. I dnt mean to force or try to push any one into this but it's necessary,we as christians do things the christian way .Concerning how you will know if someone is authentic see below :

Please if you care to know how courtship can't in any standard be done the God's way, see below :

That the world is full of deceit.
That people change per time per time.
That when we court and eventually get married,that it in most cases leads to dissapointment.
That courtship brings about the saying:After using me,u want to dump me.
That courtship most ultimately lead to sex before marriage(I know most people may not agree here on NL)
That courtship means u do not have trust in God but in what u can do on ur own.
That courtship leads to heart break.
That courtship leads to betrayal.
That it is not biblical
That courtship delays marriage
That no matter how long u court someone,You will not get to know that person
Courtship leads to marrying someone out of pity
Courtship makes you to put ur trust in man having seen and believed the things you have found out about a person that makes you want to settle down with them (Marriage)
We all are entitled to our different opinions but as Christians,let's do things the Godly way !
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 16, 2012
m.k.o2005:

When God asked Moses to go rescue the Israelites from the hands of Pharaoh,HE never asked Pharaoh to consent to moses' proposal.Infact as a matter of fact,HE hardened the heart of Pharaoh.That is to tell us that even when God is in a thing,HE expects us to work and not to sLEEP.mOSES Worked hard and got result.If he had relented and ran,probably the israelites would hav remained in Egypt till date or God would hav used some other prophet.There is no one woman kept for one man some where but there are so many daughters of zion that one could be directed to by God and she becomes ur wife.It depends on how you try to woe or convince the lady.And in trying to woe her,doesn't mean u guys are in any type of courtship becos there isn't an agreement yet.Once you get her approval,go ahead with ur marriage plans. I pray even as i type these lines that God will help us all.

Its always good to look at the bible holistically and not pick and choose. There have been cases in the bible where God has had to get both the man and the lady prepared for their union as man and wife. The story of Joseph and Mary is a classic example. Joseph wanted to let go of Mary because of what he thought was unfaithfulness but the Lord had to send an Angel to him to prepare him for the task ahead i.e for marriage to Mary and to serve as the guardian of our Lord Jesus. The case of Moses and Pharaoh was one of an unbeliever to a believer and as such the hardening of pharaohs heart can be understood in that light but in this case I don't expect that you intend to marry someone who is not properly disposed to the God you worship so I do not expect the spirit to minister to you alone and keep the other person in the dark.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
m.k.o2005:

I once mentioned that marriage isn't for unbelievers ! But when i saw that people might be hurt and start to abuse or say all sought of things to me,i mellowed down.When God designed marriage,HE had un-believers in mind.The first man and woman ever made on earth believed in God totally until something happened!God designed that union for them which could have gotten to us through them before the serpent deceived Eve.But toady,believers and un believers alike get married and even for the un-believers,they some times get converted and accepts the Lord God Almighty.This is a good thing that goes a long way to show that God can't make a mistake. @striktlymi,the reason i am very very slow to use scriptures for now is becos there are so many people on NL who either does not believe in God let alone the scripture or ignorant of what the scripture is saying or don't understand the spiritual angle of the scripture.I quoted Gen.24 61-65 When some one argued that Isaac courted with Rebekah.But the scripture showed us how Isaac for the very first time met with Rebekah after part of the bride price has been paid even. Bro,i dnt know if u are a christian or one who hates the word and the servants of God. But if i establish the fact that u are a true Christian or one who want's to learn from the little i know,i will by the special grace of God show you every single point i make here in the Holly bible. God bless you.

For someone who does not want to quote the scriptures, you have been doing a lot of quoting in some of your earlier posts. Anyways, I don't think you can find anywhere in holy scriptures where you would find scriptural backings for your position that courtship is devilish. As for whom marriage is meant for, I will be silent on that cause I am yet to grasp the meaning of your words.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
m.k.o2005:

There is no such thing as 'christian courtship'.There is no courtship that can be based on God's way unless it's something lse and not courtship. If it's coourtship,it must contradict or better put it contradicts the word of God. I dnt mean to force or try to push any one into this but it's necessary,we as christians do things the christian way .Concerning how you will know if someone is authentic see below :

Please if you care to know how courtship can't in any standard be done the God's way, see below :

That when we court and eventually get married,that it in most cases leads to dissapointment.
That courtship most ultimately lead to sex before marriage(I know most people may not agree here on NL)
That it is not biblical
Courtship makes you to put ur trust in man having seen and believed the things you have found out about a person that makes you want to settle down with them (Marriage)
We all are entitled to our different opinions but as Christians,let's do things the Godly way !

I am amazed that you still hold the view that courtship contradicts God's words when you are yet to give us a backing for your stands. The best you can do is tell us what your pastor told you or what your thoughts are. The claim that God is against courtship or that courtship contravenes God's teachings is totally unfounded.
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
goofie: i think courtship is necessary.

it is not about knowing the person completely but knowing that u cn live with his or her flaws.
Apart from all the troubles it will make you go through and the very fact that God never supports it cos it wasn't what he intends for us,the fact that you think you can live with the person becos ALL the VERY little u know about the person are same reasons you will be disappointed when changes starts coming and you will want to run away leaving ur partner and ur knowledge about him or her behind.
Folks,courtship will lead us to no where infact,it is the very reason divorce is a house hold name today even among Christians.
See below ills of courtship :

That when we court and eventually get married,that it in most cases leads to appointment.
That it is not biblical
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Apart from all the troubles it will make you go through and the very fact that God never supports it cos it wasn't what he intends for us,the fact that you think you can live with the person becos ALL the VERY little u know about the person are same reasons you will be disappointed when changes starts coming and you will want to run away leaving ur partner and ur knowledge about him or her behind.
Folks,courtship will lead us to no where infact,it is the very reason divorce is a house hold name today even among Christians.
See below ills of courtship :

That when we court and eventually get married,that it in most cases leads to appointment.
That it is not biblical

Ills of not courting before marriage:

1) It's a typical sign of desperation and anything done out of desperation is hardly of God. God is patient!
2) It is tantamount to marrying a total stranger.
3) So called Christian brothers use it as a medium to deceiving unsuspecting sisters.
4) It can lead you to marrying a guy who is impotent.
5) One can marry a prostitute or someone who is gay without knowing.
6) It can lead to marrying someone whose genotype is not a match with yours.
7) It can lead to a cry of 'had I known'.
cool Not courting makes someone reckless and cheap.
9) It can lead someone to marrying a killer. There are so many dangerous people out there.
10) It can lead to so many other ills and disadvantages. Just think about it, if courting has its disadvantages what about not courting?
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by mko2005: 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2012
striktlymi:

I am amazed that you still hold the view that courtship contradicts God's words when you are yet to give us a backing for your stands. The best you can do is tell us what your pastor told you or what your thoughts are. The claim that God is against courtship or that courtship contravenes God's teachings is totally unfounded.
Bro,when you put ur trust in someone becos of the things u have learnt about the person in courtship,does it not contradict God's word ?
When folks engage in pre-marital sex during courtship does it not contradict God's word ?
When you try to trust in ur ability to know how a partner best fits u during or the reason for courtship undermining divine direction as stipulated by the word of God does it not contradict God's word ?
When a thing is not biblical by any standard and it's consequences are grave,does is not contradict what the word says ?
We can go on and on but i tell you,if i'm guilty in only just one of the above listed,i have contradicted the word of God and if any of the above mentioned is displayed becos of or during courtship,it makes courtship a devilish practice !
I'm signing out.Will continue tomorow.
Thanks bro
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by qualified(f): 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Hmm, i was at one of his seminars in Ecumenical center Abuja, where he told us not to trust anyone even our spouses. He said one of d problems of marriages is Trust.
During question n answer section, i was among d 1st to come out and i asked how i shld not trust my spouse. He confused me d more.
I never went near his seminars after that day!

His teachings sef, i no fit shout sha
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by venibaby: 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2012
courtship is very important cuz we r 4rm diff background n nids 2 study each oda.lets nt mak d mistakes of our fathers
Re: Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time by temiflex01(m): 3:26am On Oct 17, 2012
Duke_Nija: I agree with the Pastor.
Courtship won't change a thing.

Its not a must. With all the actors playing safe patiently awaiting the grand Finale.
y wld u agree? becos he is a pastor, God gave all beings a mindset to discover yourself&knw wht suits u. Marriage aspect, u jst need ur mindset&pray to God. u dont hv to follow d idea dt worked 4 som1 else, it may not work for u.
Who also told u it wont change a thing, it wld definately reduce so many tins dt may hv gone haywire. dont be blindfolded by belifs. think!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

.::Ramadan Kareem::. The Moon Has Been Sighted! / Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / I Honour My Word Above My Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.