Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper (10775 Views)

Fani-Kayode Calls Amaechi 'Son Of A Palm Wine Tapper' / Picture & Names Of Kidnappers Of Osun Speaker’s Wife / 3 Killed As Vigilance Group Rescues Osun Speaker’s Wife In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by etunoman76(m): 8:49am On Oct 15, 2012
Facts emerged yesterday on how Alhaja Muibat Salaam, wife of Osun State House of Assembly Speaker Najeem Salaam, regained her freedom four days after she was abducted.

Mrs. Salaam, who was abducted last Tuesday in Ejigbo by gunmen, returned to Osogbo, the state capital, around 1am yesterday in the company of the state Director of the State Security Service (SSS), the Police Commissioner and the Speaker’s Chief Detail Officer.

It was learnt that Mrs. Salaam was smuggled out of the state in a trailer and was rescued at Ogunmakin, a village off the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.

A family source said: “A palm wine tapper on top of a palm tree noticed the kidnappers, who were between 28 and 40 years old, with a lone woman in the back cabin of the trailer. He alerted a vigilance group and they accosted the kidnappers. An argument ensued and resulted in a gun battle between the kidnappers and members of the vigilance group.

“Two of the kidnappers were killed. Three were apprehended, but the rest escaped. Alhaja was rescued unhurt. A towing vehicle operator in the village phoned a member of the Oyo State House of Assembly and notified him of the development.

“The lawmaker contacted Oyo State Assembly Speaker Monsurat Sunmonu, who contacted Najeem. Alhaja said her kidnappers offered her bread and Lacasera, but she refused to take anything all through.”

It was learnt that three traditional rulers – the Timi of Ede, Oba Munirudeen Lawal; the Olufon of Ifon, Oba Abdulmaroof Adekunle Magbagbeola and the Elerin of Erin-Osun, Oba Yusuf Omoloye Oyagbodun II – were with Salaam at his home in Osogbo around 2:30pm on Saturday, when his Oyo State counterpart phoned and informed him that his wife had been found.

A family source debunked reports that the kidnappers demanded N200 million ransom.

Salaam thanked members of the Ogun State vigilance group and security agencies for rescuing his wife.
In a statement by his media aide, Mr. Goke Butika, the Speaker said he was impressed by the people’s support to his family throughout the ordeal.

He thanked Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola; his deputy, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori; members of the State Executive Council; traditional and religious leaders; Assembly members and the media.
Salaam said his wife’s abduction has reinforced the threat of insecurity in the country and urged the relevant authorities to act decisively.

The Osun State chapter of the Alliance for Collaborating Political Party (ACPP) has hailed the vigilance group that rescued Mrs. Salaam.
In a statement by its Chairman Waheed Lawal and Secretary Rufus Oyatoro yesterday, ACPP urged security agencies to sit up and tighten security in the state.

ACPP comprises nine political parties – the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP); National Conscience Party (NCP), Labour Party (LP), All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), All Democratic Congress (ADC), Justice Party (JP), Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA), Progressive Action Congress (PAC) and the National Unity Party (NUP).

Lagos State House of Assembly Speaker Adeyemi Ikuforiji has congratulated his Osun State counterpart on the rescue of his wife.

In a statement by his media aide, Mr. Rotimi Adebayo, Ikuforiji said: “On this joyous occasion of the successful rescue of the darling wife of the Osun State House of Assembly Speaker from the hands of kidnappers, I, on behalf of my family, Lagos State legislators and the management and staff of the Lagos Assembly, rejoice with Aregbesola, Salaam and the good people of Osun State.

“We give glory to the Almighty God for preserving Mrs. Salaam’s precious life throughout the harrowing experience. That the Almighty Creator equally saved her during the gun duel between the kidnappers and members of the vigilante group confirms that all thanks and adoration must be given to the Almighty Allah.

“Credit must be given to members of the Ogun State vigilance group, who displayed immense courage and patriotism to thwart the dastardly plot of the criminals.

“Their act of bravery underscores the urgent need for our nation to embrace State Police, which is capable of checking the lapses that presently exists across our great country, due to the fact that a centrally controlled police force, as we have it today, cannot solve the myriads of security challenges that face us as a nation anymore.

“Once again, we send our sincere congratulations from us all at the Lagos Assembly to Aregbesola, Najeem and the good people of Osun State.”

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/10/how-osun-speakers-wife-was-rescued-by.html?m=1
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by emilyone(f): 11:11am On Oct 15, 2012
i hope she wasnt raped sha? undecided
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by KINGwax(m): 11:13am On Oct 15, 2012
Don't bring the issue of the fuckin state police here o! Force na federal, politicians dey misbehave. State kö, continental ni
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by tellwisdom: 11:17am On Oct 15, 2012
Hope they didn't press her breaasst?? sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by sylve11: 11:17am On Oct 15, 2012
emilyone: i hope she wasnt raped sha? undecided

That they won't tell u cool
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by emmaduks(m): 11:21am On Oct 15, 2012
first thank God, and dont forget also to say thank you to the palm wine taper. He saved her life

1 Like

Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 15, 2012
Somebody's bread has been buttered!
From palm wine tapper.... To govmnt money chopper!
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by try69: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2012
emmaduks: first thank God, and dont forget also to say thank you to the palm wine taper. He saved her life

which kind tank u?

tank u without "bread" should be ignored by the palm wine oga

abi the man no go chop from the NATIONAL cake too?
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by airmark(m): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2012
4days and she did nt eat?
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by kingsceemark(m): 11:32am On Oct 15, 2012
Dem offer you bread and lacasera you refused 2 take anything all through. But you no tell us weda dem fuckkkkkkk you or not. mtcheeeeeeeew. Na your lazy and hopeless YOROBER brothers kidnapped you, dem no won find work do. What do you expect before? Dem don sell dem lands and properties finish, na only kidnapping business remain for dem. i just dey laugh like AWOLOWO kikikkikkikikikikihahahaha
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by SisiKill1: 11:41am On Oct 15, 2012
Salaam said his wife’s abduction has reinforced the threat of insecurity in the country and urged the relevant authorities to act decisively.
Oh really?!

I guess it is now obvious what needs to be done to "reinforce the threats" of the many ills that plagues the country.

Say. . .anyone know how many siblings GEJ has? Where do they live and what is their age range?

I'm just asking. . .ya know just for asking sake.

Oh If you can include their pictures too, that would be lovely.
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by boyprodigy(m): 11:42am On Oct 15, 2012
Make dem no 4get palm wine tapper o.
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by dabrake(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2012
Lagos State House of Assembly Speaker Adeyemi Ikuforiji has congratulated his Osun State counterpart on the rescue of his wife.
some folks do not know how to correctly apply some words

1 Like

Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by dridowu: 11:55am On Oct 15, 2012
Palm wine tapper , God bless you
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by oloyedejamiu: 11:59am On Oct 15, 2012
kingsceemark: Dem offer you bread and lacasera you refused 2 take anything all through. But you no tell us weda dem fuckkkkkkk you or not. mtcheeeeeeeew. Na your lazy and hopeless YOROBER brothers kidnapped you, dem no won find work do. What do you expect before? Dem don sell dem lands and properties finish, na only kidnapping business remain for dem. i just dey laugh like AWOLOWO kikikkikkikikikikihahahaha
This is too insultive to the yorubas.
this is improper.
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2012
kingsceemark: Dem offer you bread and lacasera you refused 2 take anything all through. But you no tell us weda dem fuckkkkkkk you or not. mtcheeeeeeeew. Na your lazy and hopeless YOROBER brothers kidnapped you, dem no won find work do. What do you expect before? Dem don sell dem lands and properties finish, na only kidnapping business remain for dem. i just dey laugh like AWOL kikikkikkikikikikihahahaha
another silly comment from ,untamed,jobless nonentity,drop out, kid. na Etisalat wey give you free browsing access I blame.
Omo ale ti ko niran,ton fo wo osi juwe baba re.
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by LordBabs(m): 12:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
tellwisdom: Hope they didn't press her breaasst?? sad sad
even if they did. . .
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by COOLDUN: 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2012
I read this message with hope of hearing a praising and thank you words to the gallant architecture of the rescue success, the palm wine tapper but to my greatest amazement it never stated here, but rather to the minor contributors of the rescue mission. What kind of a country is Nigeria? How can other people be motivated? Was the kidnapped woman not told the important role the palm wine tapper played in her rescue success? Or is it because he is Mr. Nobody? This will sound a warning to the ruling elites that everyone is important to the society and supposed to be treated with respect and regards. The big man that seats in his office’s life hangs on the gate man at his gate. If this palm wine tapper decided to turn his face the other way as the politicians in Nigeria do, who knows what would have happened to this kidnapped woman. I am happy that the rich is also crying in Nigeria today. Mr Palm wine tapper, I hail you my dear. God will continue to guide you both in your up and down of palm tree and also bless you abundantly so that you can have enough to take care of your lovely family in Jesus name…..Amen. Vigilante group keep up your good work as God is and will always be with you guys. Nigeria Police Force, more greases to your elbows. The kidnapped woman, pls tell your husband that many people sleep in the darkness which you witnessed for 4 good days.

1 Like

Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by ajf(m): 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2012
tellwisdom: Hope they didn't press her breaasst?? sad sad
Na that one u see talk... Tell wisdom indeed lol...
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by Goldenheart(m): 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2012
ajf:
Na that one u see talk... Tell wisdom indeed lol...
he is a perve.... N disgusting
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by kingsceemark(m): 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
oloyede jamiu :

This is too insultive to the yorubas.
this is improper.
Go hang yourself with ROPE
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by Simmarco: 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2012
the wine tapper and that community must be compensate...

1 Like

Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by klax(m): 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
@kingsceemark: "Dem offer you bread and lacasera you refused 2 take anything all through. But you no tell us weda dem fuckkkkkkk you or not. mtcheeeeeeeew. Na your lazy and hopeless YOROBER brothers kidnapped you, dem no won find work do. What do you expect before? Dem don sell dem lands and properties finish, na only kidnapping business remain for dem. i just dey laugh like AWOLOWO kikikkikkikikikikihahahaha"

Hello Mr I D I O T you are the most babaric living human I ever known as a matter of fact you are simply a disgusting maggot f u c k you to hell. I'm an Igbo guy proud to say it but reading this nonsesnse you wrote above you are simply a disgrace to humanity and as you have choosen to abuse entire race without abusing you, you are nothing but a bloody rag dying of silly ego. People like you dont worth living and dont worth to be a Nigeria you are a full time boloks, eye sore, pain in d a s s and loosed mad man. All you know in life is tribal sentiment and you will surely die by it because you are not the only Non Yoruba that read this thread but you choose to heat up the house again with your stupid tribal madness you are a big fool a full time goat(Ewu)

3 Likes

Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by jigawatts(m): 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2012
kingsceemark: Dem offer you bread and lacasera you refused 2 take anything all through. But you no tell us weda dem fuckkkkkkk you or not. mtcheeeeeeeew. Na your lazy and hopeless YOROBER brothers kidnapped you, dem no won find work do. What do you expect before? Dem don sell dem lands and properties finish, na only kidnapping business remain for dem. i just dey laugh like AWOLOWO kikikkikkikikikikihahahaha

Locating Brain ............................. ****BRAIN NOT FOUND*****

1 Like

Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by tellwisdom: 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
Goldenheart: he is a perve.... N disgusting
Dieeeeee.....animal angry angry
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by Sheguama: 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hello Mr I D I O T you are the most babaric living human I ever known as a matter of fact you are simply a disgusting maggot f u c k you to hell. I'm an Igbo guy proud to say it but reading this nonsesnse you wrote above you are simply a disgrace to humanity and as you have choosen to abuse entire race without abusing you, you are nothing but a bloody rag dying of silly ego. People like you dont worth living and dont worth to be a Nigeria you are a full time boloks, eye sore, pain in d a s s and loosed mad man. All you know in life is tribal sentiment and you will surely die by it because you are not the only Non Yoruba that read this thread but you choose to heat up the house again with your stupid tribal madness you are a big fool a full time goat(Ewu)
[/quote]

Thank you ma brother. Now this is what I call live and let's live. We must not turn everything on NL to tribal war. Ur head dey there.
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by jigawatts(m): 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2012
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
All those ones are fables joor,initially it was said that the Vigilante group rescued rescued her,now they are claiming a palm-wine tapper.i laugh in Aluu language.They couldnt have lied about the Police cos they would deny it.now i understand why they want state police.I am sure they paid an hefty ransome for her release but they had to come up with this cheap tale so as not to paint a picture of inefficiency on the part of the state.The only question is i they didnt rap@ed her cos she is likely not to tell anyone.
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by GenOrumov: 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
T.w.a.t! what sort of unintelligible nonsense is dis? Seems like you dropped from a palm tree or are you the palm wine tapper?

1 Like

Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by geeez: 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2012

The question is in which region of Nigeria is kidnapping most rampant. Certainly the South East.

Kudos to the brave Yoruba palmwine tapper anyway
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by martben(m): 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
Why did they forget about the palmwine tapper? Could it be because he was poor or what? These people are totally ingrates. They suppose to make the man rich by assisting him, but they had failed. We should all learn to be grateful to all who might help us.
To my dearest palmwine tapper, God will look upon you with His mercy and bless you in all your endearvors. Through your job, God will lift your head up and you shall be richer in life. God himself will reward you abundantly since man has failed on his own part. Thank God you are a palmwine tapper and not an armedrobber or kidnapper.
Re: Osun Speaker's Wife Was Rescued By PalmWine Tapper by logo77: 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
[quote author=klax]@kingsceemark: "Dem offer you bread and lacasera you refused 2 take anything all through. But you no tell us weda dem fuckkkkkkk you or not. mtcheeeeeeeew. Na your lazy and hopeless YOROBER brothers kidnapped you, dem no won find work do. What do you expect before? Dem don sell dem lands and properties finish, na only kidnapping business remain for dem. i just dey laugh like AWOLOWO kikikkikkikikikikihahahaha"

Please tell him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers Re-run Probe: Court Declares Police Panel Illegal / Elombah Brothers: Keyamo Asks Buhari To Sanction IGP / Fire At FHA, Lugbe Abuja And Prompt Response Of Fire Fighters (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.