Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? (2305 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Buhari Can’t Take Us To Promise Land, Nigeria Will Break Up / Nigeria Will Gain Nothing By Killing Rev. King – Igbo Group Begs Buhari For Pard / Nigeria Will Overcome Challenges – Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2012
It seems being an atheist would not apparently solve all of Nigeria problem, we still have to grapple with discrimination, oppression and even outright biased application of the law, in fact it might be worse . The militant atheists might decide to go on punishing spree against those who love God or think otherwise. In such a a country, insulting God will be good,theist being insulted by atheist is the hight of tolerance and returning back insults will be met by fire and brimstone. Still lost to what point I am making. stalwart got canned because he used the words poo bag, while the entire thread is littered with insults and sheer aggressiveness of atheists, the behavior of their leader was to ban stalwert for poo bag and left the repeated insults of other atheists in thread unchallenged.This is remisnicent of the Soviet Atheists who even mudered muslilms and others in their bid to supress religion>

Banned by manmustwac in Religion for going to far with your insults and calling another nairaland member a poo bag on the Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion Topic At 10:27pm On Oct 13. Ban expires on 1:39am On Oct 16

lets see what other posters had to say:

Logicboy03:

1) Agnosticism, Buddhism, taoism and Neopaganism are all tolerant of gays. Are these religions (Agnosticism?) gay religions? Your reasoning is quite shallow. You are also a bigot. Why dont you go and call these religions "gay" religions?

2) Atheism is not a religion.

Whoever this Abdulsleek guy is, he must be tormenting you grin grin

wiegraf: Ah, @vedax, why have you ventured from your cave again. Could you[b] please return to your pissfully attained abode[/b]. We try to keep only the civilized here. And again, the way you redefine the nadir never ceases to amaze me. More so than the brilliance of the divinely inspired koran. So much so I might begin to believe in a god[b] if you offered your stoopidity/hypocrisy as proof of its existence.[/b] I hope you trolling and don't really believe the things you imply you believe in here.

I think this thread should be on the front page btw. Even if just for its surreal nature.

wiegraf:

You see me there regularly? I don't need to piss that many times a day brah, nor do I enjoy the stench...
I said you ventured out, 'again'...
It's your prerogative, true, stay if you like. But this thread is little more than an attempt to troll (I hope). T[b]here is absolutely nothing of value here, except maybe a demonstration of just how f****d up you are. I think that's why it's not been banned yet[/b]. Also, mod probably doesn't want to seem intolerant, and is showing you how grown ups behave. Supposing we substituted the words 'atheism' with islam and posted your op in all its glory in the islamic section, what would be the status of the thread now?

plaetton:

This is perhaps the st.up.idest post and from the most infantile brain on this forum.
In the above piece, the Op shamelessly betrays sooooo much of his ignorance, shallowness and bigotry.

On any sampling of 10 moslem men, 10 christian men and 10 atheists, you are most likely to find more homosexuals and pe.dophiles amongst the moslem men.
Atheists,people who do not carry the burden of religion, tend to believe and often fight for the dignity and equality for all human beings.

You silly religious people. You believe that your god or allah carefully designed and created everyone and everything, including homosexuality, yet you do not want to hold him responsible for the supposed error of homosexuality.
Narrow minded fools. [/b]It is much easier to hate and terrorize your fellow humans for the imperfections that they were born with, than to hold your imaginary god accountable for the errors in his supposedly perfect creation.
[b]M.or.on.

wiegraf:

Too stoopid to realize just how stoopid you are. A 5 year old would be needed to explain things to you in a manner which you'd understand. Don't expect any replies, except from maybe a kindly nursery school teacher

In such a state you wouldn't have the right the express your opinions because, they (the atheists) have already told you what to think

Logicboy03:

You have a brain, I assume?

Imagine if I brought the confession of some terrorists and said that islam is positively related to terrorism? Isnt that the same thing you are doing? Would that even be allowed in the Islam section?

When they ban you, you would be complaining. You cant even make a logical defense for your point.

MMC allowed you the first time to prove your points logically even though you were failing and trolling. Now you are doing the same.

If you cant prove your abusive claims, it becomes slander. Repeating that slander after being proven wrong many times and calling atheists gays is not going to go down well with any reasonable person. Your Master, Maclatunji would give a pernmanent ban for less.

No wonder such a pipe dream will never materialize indeed! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2012
When Joseph Stalin consolidated power in the second half of 1920s, his religion policy changed. Mosques were closed or turned into warehouses throughout Central Asia. Religious leaders were persecuted, religious schools were closed down and Waqf's were outlawed.[5] The Soviet government took the paranji veil that the women wore (as part of the Islamic hijab interpretation of Modesty) as evidence that the Muslim women were oppressed, and began the Hujum to try and forcefully remove it.[4][6] This backfired, and the veil became more popular than ever among the workers, whereas prior to this was mostly used by the middle, wealthier classes.[7] Stalin's cult of personality left virtually no place for any religious sentiment.[4][6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_Soviet_Union
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
Lol.......

Have you considered that everyone was telling you the truth that your thread was very foolish and troll-like?

wink
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
vedaxcool: It seems being an atheist would not apparently solve all of Nigeria problem, we still have to grapple with discrimination, oppression and even outright biased application of the law, in fact it might be worse . The militant atheists might decide to go on punishing spree against those who love God or think otherwise. In such a a country, insulting God will be good,theist being insulted by atheist is the hight of tolerance and returning back insults will be met by fire and brimstone. Still lost to what point I am making. stalwart got canned because he used the words poo bag, while the entire thread is littered with insults and sheer aggressiveness of atheists, the behavior of their leader was to ban stalwert for poo bag and left the repeated insults of other atheists in thread unchallenged.This is remisnicent of the Soviet Atheists who even mudered muslilms and others in their bid to supress religion>

Banned by manmustwac in Religion for going to far with your insults and calling another nairaland member a poo bag on the Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion Topic At 10:27pm On Oct 13. Ban expires on 1:39am On Oct 16

lets see what other posters had to say:

In such a state you wouldn't have the right the express your opinions because, they (the atheists) have already told you what to think

No wonder such a pipe dream will never materialize indeed! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In order to give a dog bad name, you project 'crimes' that your religion ISLAM is quite guilty of.

Until there are JIHADS in the name of 'NO GOD', you have the right to REMAIN SILENT and should be left with ONLY that right. grin

Of course, I expect some xtians like __, ___ and ___ to join you as they did on the other thread to make a mockery of your self and the beetle currently masquerading as a brain within your skull...
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2012
muskeeto2:

In order to give a dog bad name, you project 'crimes' that your religion ISLAM is quite guilty of.

Until there are JIHADS in the name of 'NO GOD', you have the right to REMAIN SILENT and should be left with ONLY that right. grin

Of course, I expect some xtians like __, ___ and ___ to join you as they did on the other thread to make a mockery of your self and the beetle currently masquerading as a brain within your skull...

I am very glad you responded like these. This response shows clearly that most of atheists here are wanabes, who cannot address any issue invovling atheism without calling God or Religion.
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2012
vedaxcool: When Joseph Stalin consolidated power in the second half of 1920s, his religion policy changed. Mosques were closed or turned into warehouses throughout Central Asia. Religious leaders were persecuted, religious schools were closed down and Waqf's were outlawed.[5] The Soviet government took the paranji veil that the women wore (as part of the Islamic hijab interpretation of Modesty) as evidence that the Muslim women were oppressed, and began the Hujum to try and forcefully remove it.[4][6] This backfired, and the veil became more popular than ever among the workers, whereas prior to this was mostly used by the middle, wealthier classes.[7] Stalin's cult of personality left virtually no place for any religious sentiment.[4][6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_Soviet_Union

Boko haram is bombing people

Sharia law is forced unto many Nigerians

The Arab world is having an uprising- Syria, Bahrain etc

No, you ave to go back to almost a 100 years to claim that atheism is dangerous.

Hypocrite much?
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2012
vedaxcool:

I am very glad you responded like these. This response shows clearly that most of atheists here are wanabes, who cannot address any issue invovling atheism without calling God or Religion.

I think there's too much Arabic in your system.. u seem not to know what words to use.. a good skill needed if you want to become an alphatroll..

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2012
muskeeto2:
I think there's too much Arabic in your system.. u seem not to know what words to use.. a good skill needed if you want to become an alphatroll..

The guy even fails at being a troll. What an embarrassment to muslims out there
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 2:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
French Revolution

During the French Revolution French society considered the prospect of an atheist state.[9] After the Revolution, Jacques Hébert, a radical revolutionary journalist, and Anacharsis Cloots, a politician, both anticlerical and atheist, had successfully campaigned for the proclamation of the atheistic [10] Cult of Reason, which was adopted by the French Republic on November 10, 1793, though abandoned May 7, 1794 in favor of its deistic replacement as the state religion, the Cult of the Supreme Being.[11]

Cloots maintained that "Reason" and "Truth" were "supremely intolerant" and that the daylight of atheism would make the lesser lights of religious night disappear.[11] The state then further pushed its campaign of dechristianization,[12] which included removal and destruction of religious objects from places of worship and the transformation of churches into "Temples of the Goddess of Reason", culminating in a celebration of Reason in Notre Dame Cathedral.[13][14][15]

Counterrevolution against the persecution rooted in the anticlerical aspects of the Revolution led to a war in the Vendée region where republicans suppressed the Catholic and royalist uprising in what some call the first modern genocide.[9][16]

Unlike later establishments of anti-theism by "communist" regimes, the French Revolutionary experiment was short (7 months), incomplete and inconsistent.[12] Although brief, the French experiment was particularly notable for the influence upon atheists Ludwig Feuerbach (who called religion an opiate before Marx[17]), Sigmund Freud and Karl Marx.[9] Using the ideas of Feuerbach, Marx and Freud, "communist" regimes later treated religious believers as subversives or abnormal, sometimes relegated to psychiatric hospitals and reeducation.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2012
Logicboy03: @ Sagamite and Manmustwacc.

It is very wrong to say that homosexuality is unnatural.

Everything that occurs in nature is natural in the first place.

There are animals that engage in homosexual behaviours.

You cant change into a gay just the same way a gay cant chnage into straight.

After making the above statement, I know that a foolish religionist would not have the brains to counter the argument but incorrectly assume or state that I am gay. That is the point of this whole thread.

Vexdafool is a fool.

And again the insults keep coming and the ethical atheist mod cannot see that it is wrong? Atheism will heighten discrimination and persecution if ever it ocupies the position of authority!
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by wiegraf: 11:10am On Oct 16, 2012
That was one of the best ops I've ever read, and you probably missed some. Might be you were too, ehm, to notice...

Hope you don't take them seriously, I apologize if I was out of line smiley
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
wiegraf: That was one of the best ops I've ever read, and you probably missed some. Might be you were too, ehm, to notice...

Hope you don't take them seriously, I apologize if I was out of line smiley

Truly I rarely bothered with what anybody on NL thinks of me, the case remains that being an atheist would make an inidividual any better than being a theist when it comes to applying the law and maintaining order!
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by wiegraf: 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
vedaxcool:

Truly I rarely bothered with what anybody on NL thinks of me, the case remains that being an atheist would make an inidividual any better than being a theist when it comes to applying the law and maintaining order!

Maybe. So?
Seems you completely miss the point of separating church and state.
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 12:36pm On Oct 16, 2012
wiegraf:

Maybe. So?
Seems you completely miss the point of separating church and state.

Have you ask the innumerable victims of State atheism (millions of dead) what they think of separation of church and state?
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2012
vedaxcool:

Have you ask the innumerable victims of State atheism (millions of dead) what they think of separation of church and state?

Separation of church and state is not = Killing of church members by state

Separation of state = secularism

Secular states = Sweden, Norway etc. some of the most advanced and peaceful countries known to man.

#vedaxcool schooled cool cool cool
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by wiegraf: 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
Logicboy03:

Separation of church and state is not = Killing of church members by state

Separation of state = secularism

Secular states = Sweden, Norway etc. some of the most advanced and peaceful countries known to man.

#vedaxcool schooled cool cool cool

And I might add, personality cults are religions. Very dangerous ones sef...
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
As expected they dodge the issues.
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2012
vedaxcool: As expected they dodge the issues.

The words of a debunked man.
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2012
I make a duty not to respond to childish rant!
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 16, 2012
vedaxcool: I make a duty not to respond to childish rant!

.......by ironically telling the person that you dont respond to childish rants!
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by onetrack(m): 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
Nice strawman argument. Who here is arguing that Nigeria become an atheist state? Nigeria should be a country that treats religion like anything else: a tool for improving Nigeria; and if religion does not then it should be discarded. Religious leaders calling for children not to be vaccinated is not improving Nigeria, neither is encouraging people to give 3 of their last 5 naira to a wealthy pastor. Nigeria simply has TOO MUCH religion--and that is not a good thing.
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
onetrack: Nice strawman argument. Who here is arguing that Nigeria become an atheist state? Nigeria should be a country that treats religion like anything else: a tool for improving Nigeria; and if religion does not then it should be discarded. Religious leaders calling for children not to be vaccinated is not improving Nigeria, neither is encouraging people to give 3 of their last 5 naira to a wealthy pastor. Nigeria simply has TOO MUCH religion--and that is not a good thing.

Again, the atheist shows that because they have nothing to offer, they have to rely on Religion to simply explain why their form ethical "morality" only suffice for conmen and fraudsters.
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by onetrack(m): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
vedaxcool:

Again, the atheist shows that because they have nothing to offer, they have to rely on Religion to simply explain why their form ethical "morality" only suffice for conmen and fraudsters.

Better to offer nothing than to encourage wrong behavior in the name of an imaginary being.
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
onetrack:

Better to offer nothing than to encourage wrong behavior in the name of an imaginary being.

Still atheism has nothing to offer how pathetic! and the above quote shows it all!
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by onetrack(m): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
vedaxcool:

Still atheism has nothing to offer how pathetic! and the above quote shows it all!

Atheism is a lack of belief, so, yeah, it has nothing to offer. Leaves me free to determine how to think for myself.
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2012
vedaxcool:

Finally, Vedaxcool understands a bit. How many months did it take Vedaxcool?
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 9:47am On Oct 17, 2012
onetrack:

Atheism is a lack of belief, so, yeah, it has nothing to offer. Leaves me free to determine how to think for myself.

And after you done, vomiting garbage, do kindly leave, as the OP says it all, if atheists were to become the majority, then oppression and cruelty is not far from us. Strage enough, for an atheist to explain his action he turns around and blame religion for his own inability to explain why "ethical" atheists who believe in No God, do worse whenever they are at the helms of affairs!
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 17, 2012
vedaxcool:

And after you done, vomiting garbage, do kindly leave, as the OP says it all, if atheists were to become the majority, then oppression and cruelty is not far from us. Strage enough, for an atheist to explain his action he turns around and blame religion for his own inability to explain why "ethical" atheists who believe in No God, do worse whenever they are at the helms of affairs!

Communism or Antitheism are different from atheism. When you call Stalin and Mao to bash atheism you only look foolish. You had to go about a century ago to look for non-existent problems with atheism

You can look at Secular Sweden with atheism being the major thing there and compare it to any of your Arab or even your own country.

Or better yet, show me one muslim leader that is better than this atheist president

MacDaddy01: Jose Mujica is the president of Uruguay. He lives a humble lifestyle.

-He gives about 90% of his salary to charity keeping only £1,250 out of $12,500

-He drives a volkswagen beetle

-Under Mujica’s stewardship, Uruguay has become known for low levels of corruption. The South American country ranks as the second least corrupt country in Latin America in Transparency International’s global corruption index.

-The president said that the only big item he owns is his VW car, valued at $1,945 dollars. The farmhouse in which he lives in Montevideo is under his wife’s name, Lucía Topolansky, a Senator, who also donates part of her salary

www.nairaland.com/attachments/833669_548451_3750686159197_1787401980_n_jpg9dcba261f6cfb166123b7986d4c75594

[size=18pt]He is an atheist! (doesnt believe in god)[/size]

What have our christian and muslim leaders done?
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by onetrack(m): 10:51am On Oct 17, 2012
vedaxcool:

Fine, you present Stalin as the 'typical' atheist leader and I'll present Tamerlane as the typical Muslim one.
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
It took Two Moderators to close one Vedaxcool thread, after strictly moderating my thread, and deliberately ignoring his atheists brethren misdeeds. manmustwac, co opted his Christian side kick JeSoul to lock a thread, in which his interest in moderating only what vedaxcool wrote or said, this reflects badly on them. My calaculations from the Onset clearly indicated these was going to happen and yet the duo proved me right. Could Mudley313 be right on JeSoul? Isn't this the deapths of spiritual poverty and childish malice? I think it takes only atheists fools to complain about Mac's moderating when under their very nose dishonesty and perversion of values is happening. Now the words of the misguided will always be invoked against them for posterity.
Now we see what leaving under athiest rule will look like:

1. Only Atheist will have rights

2. Freedom of speech to insult God and Mock religion will be celebrated while freedom to question the behavior of atheist and their morals willbe met with the vicious arm of atheism.

3. It gets worse, atheist will be free to commit crime while theist will be held under contempt and punished for crimes they have not even committed.

4. Under this very moral order, atheist will expect that you only state your position once (offcourse even providing supporting evidence to your earlier [position is simply wanting to die by water boarding) while on the otehr hands atheist are allowed to repeat their position over and over again.

We could simply conclude living under atheism will be living under a crushing arms of oppression and absolute corruption.

grin grin grin grin grin Atheism will always be a refutation to itself! https://www.nairaland.com/1072447/could-atheism-considered-gay-religion/8#12597342

Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
Re: Could This Be What Living In Atheist Nigeria Will Look Like? by vedaxcool(m): 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
Now prepare for the shock:

manmustwac: Logicboy03 you were that close to me giving you a 48 hour ban for the using the word person at least a dozen times in the is atheism a gay religion topic angry Sagamite got a 48 hour ban for being a nuisance and the word person he kept using.

wow, what a fine testament to the honesty of the atheists indeed! do have a pleasant day!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Bus Preacher And The Queen Of The Coast / Atheists: Losing Faith And Change In Lifestyle / "If Abortion Is Murder, Why Do Some Christians Defend It?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.