Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? (748 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Military Strength And Fire Power / Amaechi Secondary Schools far Better Than GEJ Universities / Is Nigeria Better Than Some African Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? by Victorjoseph(m): 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2012
Lets just go straight to the central part of this topic. Despite the fact that we are blessed with alot of natural resources in our country! but yet,majority of us are still suffering and dying of hunger. Corruption is the owner of the day in our nation which is nt soppose to be so. Ok lets take a gud look of some African countries.Ghana,Angolo. Etc. Though they are not financial bouyant as Nigeria nd don't have much resources nd food stuff but yet,they still leave large. So the question is,(Are we still far better than them)?
Re: Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? by htajz: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
you leave large and have families that live large , good for you but pls dont speak on behalf of everyother person , people are suffering in this country and what your doing is trying to suppress their cry for help by painting a colorful picture.

1 Like

Re: Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? by Victorjoseph(m): 10:49pm On Oct 15, 2012
htajz: you leave large and have families that live large , good for you but pls dont speak on behalf of everyother person , people are suffering in this country and what your doing is trying to suppress their cry for help by painting a colorful picture.
wrong thinking dude. We are all 9jerians nd we do share dsame bordens so we shuldn't cover our feelings while we are still suffering
Re: Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? by Rossikk(m): 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2012
Victor joseph: Lets just go straight to the central part of this topic. Despite the fact that we are blessed with a lot of natural resources in our country! but yet, majority of us are still suffering and dying of hunger.

I stopped reading when I reached this point. PROVE to me that ''majority of us are suffering and dying of hunger''. This how you idiots come online and start typing ignorant RUBBISH about your country without thinking. Who and Who do YOU personally know that is ''dying of hunger''? Answer me.

I don't know anyone at all that's ''dying of hunger''. I travel all over the country, and I work with rich and poor folk. My local roadside mechanic is as working class as they come. Whenever I go to fix my car he's wolfing down hot amala with ewedu and orishishi. Then drinks it down with coke or stout. One look at his bulging pockets shows that food is not his problem. This is a guy who cannot spell a word in English, and always looks like he's stepped out of a pig sty. He's not dying of hunger, and neither are his friends or siblings all of whom I've seen. SO WHO ARE THESE ''MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS'' that are supposedly dying of hunger? Where are they? In your bedroom?
Re: Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? by Victorjoseph(m): 9:26am On Oct 16, 2012
Rossikk:

I stopped reading when I reached this point. PROVE to me that ''majority of us are suffering and dying of hunger''. This how you idiots come online and start typing ignorant RUBBISH about your country without thinking. Who and Who do YOU personally know that is ''dying of hunger''? Answer me.

I don't know anyone at all that's ''dying of hunger''. I travel all over the country, and I work with rich and poor folk. My local roadside mechanic is as working class as they come. Whenever I go to fix my car he's wolfing down hot amala with ewedu and orishishi. Then drinks it down with coke or stout. One look at his bulging pockets shows that food is not his problem. This is a guy who cannot spell a word in English, and always looks like he's stepped out of a pig sty. He's not dying of hunger, and neither are his friends or siblings all of whom I've seen. SO WHO ARE THESE ''MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS'' that are supposedly dying of hunger? Where are they? In your bedroom?
If u say u have not seen those suffering nd dying of hunger in this country then u must be an obnoxious being who lack sympathy for others. Well, why I brought out this topic is because I and a friend of mine were debating on this same topic 3days ago. Then he said,we are still far better dan alot of African countries . Then I asked him,why did he say we are still better than them. Do you know wat he said! he said, it is vry easy 4 a 9jerian man to obtain visa to any europian country of his choice ! but nt easy for alot of African countries nd some blablabla he also said. Dude,let me just tell u wat am nt suppoxd to tell you. A friend of mine also called me very early this morning nd was telling me how things are hard for his father. He is a student of Lagos state university(lasu)100level. He said,when ever he calls his dad to send some amount of money to him,his dad will always b giving him just d same complain evry blessed day THINGS ARE VRY HARD. So he is even wondering how his dad is gonna take him on till he comes out 4rm higher institution. You must be a selfish person who cares about himself alone and doesn't care about the feelings of other people that iz is why u didn't c dose suffering when u travelled.
Re: Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? by Rossikk(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2012
Victor joseph: If u say u have not seen those suffering nd dying of hunger in this country then u must be an obnoxious being who lack sympathy for others.

WHERE DID YOU SEE THE PEOPLE DYING OF HUNGER? TELL ME. WHERE? IT'S A VERY SIMPLE QUESTION, which you should be able to answer immediately since you claim that it's a ''majority'' of us. In fact, based on your claim, we should be seeing people dropping dead all over the place the minute we step out the door, as as well as aid trucks from UNICEF and Save The Children, taking over our roads in the rush to feed the starving millions. So when you saw this ''majority dying of hunger'', did you walk away, or did you give them money to buy food to prevent them from dying? TELL ME WHAT YOU'VE SEEN AND DONE, and WHERE.
Re: Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? by Afam4eva(m): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2012
No, we're not. The term "Better" is relative and you can't be comparing yourself with some African countries when they can't even dream of the natural and human resources that Ondo state alone has. Yet majority of Nigerians are living in abject and dehumanizing Nigerian poverty.
Re: Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? by Callotti: 9:47am On Oct 16, 2012
Yes, Nigeria is better than some African countries. . . .only because it is blessed with natural resources.
But the people remain the WORST in Africa. . . .for many reasons. kiss

1 Like

Re: Are We Still Far Better Than Some African Countries? by Victorjoseph(m): 11:19am On Oct 16, 2012
Rossikk:

WHERE DID YOU SEE THE PEOPLE DYING OF HUNGER? TELL ME. WHERE? IT'S A VERY SIMPLE QUESTION, which you should be able to answer immediately since you claim that it's a ''majority'' of us. In fact, based on your claim, we should be seeing people dropping dead all over the place the minute we step out the door,
ur way of thinking is dull for my lykin.

(1) (Reply)

I Spent Millions Of Pounds On Mimiko- Tinubu / Awolowo And The Forgotten Documents Of The Civil War, By Odia Ofeimun / Where Was The 'Bomb' Blast Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.