Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,253 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here (2663 Views)

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here / To All Nairaland Advertisers: Kindly Share Your Experience / Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 222Martins(m): 2:21pm On Oct 16, 2012
My fellow NL Advertisers, it's been quite some weeks now since Seun moved Nairaland from third party ads (Google Adsense) to private ads (self served). I would like the new advertisers to share their experience here with respect to their ad conversion or response rate. This will help and encourage the potential but skeptical advertisers to try out NL new ads scheme. And for those who have advertised on Nairaland using Google adsense and the new ad medium, please i would like you to share your views on the two systems. Which was more profitable for you? I look forward to your response. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by legalwealth(m): 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2012
I can't wait seeing their comments because I'm as well planning to launch my own ads as well.

I want to gain more facts and secrets of making it a success as N60,000 is not good to be wasted like that.

Aside that it is guaranteed that you will get traffic,you must capure mails,create lead and build list with it and your offer or service needs to be mouth-watering and probably FREE.

*wink*

That is the secret.
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by FRANKODEY1(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
222Martins: My fellow NL Advertisers, it's been quite some weeks now since Seun moved Nairaland from third party ads (Google Adsense) to private ads (self served). I would like the new advertisers to share their experience here with respect to their ad conversion or response rate. This will help and encourage the potential but skeptical advertisers to try out NL new ads scheme. And for those who have advertised on Nairaland using Google adsense and the new ad medium, please i would like you to share your views on the two systems. Which was more profitable for you? I look forward to your response. Thanks

@222martins
You should start it up, your ads runing on nairaland now

what's yours experience? or don't you install traffic stat tracker on your site(blog)?
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 222Martins(m): 5:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
FRANK.ODEY:

@222martins
You should start it up, your ads runing on nairaland now

what's yours experience? or don't you install traffic stat tracker on your site(blog)?
You are very observant to note that i also ran an ad on NL. Well, as for me, i did a test run advert for N60k and it ran for one week. One of the primary reason i advertised was to increase my brand awareness. My blog gets most of its traffic from US and UK so i felt it was wise to strengthen my brand locally. Well i think the ads achieved its aim but i think i would have achieved more if my ad was sectionalized only to the business pages. I'll advice Seun to make a provision where an advertiser can choose the section of the forum he or she is interested in. E.g: business, career or romance. I'll share more as i hear the response of others.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by bigx(m): 7:15pm On Oct 16, 2012
The traffic is worth every kobo though the conversion is a totally different ballgame. Using adwords, I'm able to target keywords for my product which means higher conversions per view.
I'd support targeting specific sections too, for instance someone in the sexuality section and a business advert won't really rhyme
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by Francheezy(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2012
am l0st in all w0t yaLL r yarning
*Yawns nd walks 0ut*
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by zumarock8(m): 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
am still on testin mode,
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by toluxa1(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
[size=18pt]FRONTPAGE PLEASE[/size]
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 222Martins(m): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
bigx: The traffic is worth every kobo though the conversion is a totally different ballgame. Using adwords, I'm able to target keywords for my product which means higher conversions per view.
I'd support targeting specific sections too, for instance someone in the sexuality section and a business advert won't really rhyme
Exactly my observation, the traffic is good but the conversion is poor. But my ads placement was worth it because my primary aim was to increase brand awareness locally.
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 222Martins(m): 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2012
toluxa1: [size=18pt]FRONTPAGE PLEASE[/size]
Seconded.
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by mrkels(m): 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2012
Errm...as for me am still trying to come up with a product to market here on nairaland...anybody with usefull information/idea on what product I can invest in should contact me ooo plsss
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by stagger: 11:34am On Oct 17, 2012
Conversion is a function of the quality of the ad copy of your product. So if your ad is generating good traffic but poor conversions, then you need to work on your ad copy.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 2sexy(m): 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2012
stagger: Conversion is a function of the quality of the ad copy of your product. So if your ad is generating good traffic but poor conversions, then you need to work on your ad copy.
But come stagger, you know alot about business no b small ooo. You are now talking about ad copy. Bros, I hail you no be small.

The secret to good conversion is good ad copy. Use words that sell... and smile to the bank. grin grin
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 222Martins(m): 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2012
stagger: Conversion is a function of the quality of the ad copy of your product. So if your ad is generating good traffic but poor conversions, then you need to work on your ad copy.
You made a point here. Ad copy is not the only determining metric with respect to conversion; the more important metrics of conversion is your offer or product, your landing page, the advertising media and the targeted audience. If your audience is not targeted, you may have a high traffic but low conversion but with a targeted audience, your traffic may not be high but the conversion will be excellent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by Youngzedd(m): 4:34pm On Oct 17, 2012
Interesting thread.
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by OkwaIfugo(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
Who has advertised here and what has been the turn out like?
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 222Martins(m): 7:17pm On Oct 17, 2012
OkwaIfugo: Who has advertised here and what has been the turn out like?
If you had read the initial post and the corresponding replies, you would have known who the advertisers were.
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by FRANKODEY1(m): 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2012
SEUN (nairaland owner) just entice and seduce us into ass-hole deals. How? Why?

At first, he do not show to us the click-through-rate of first batch advertisers

second, no specification for best products or services with respect to conversion (sales)

thirdly, he seduce us (advertisers) with nairaland page view figures e.g 4 ads (different type) X nairaland page or thread statistics = 98............. Views. Advertisers rush in...

My own truth: since the launch of the private kini...(ads scheme), i have viewed up to 50 threads (not too sure cos am always online) but have I not click any ad (maybe the ads no dey attract me). Is the ads just for view or for click? Hmm

FOR ADVERTISER
At least am a sound copywriter, ads that gain best rate on nairaland is DIRECT SALES Ads (click n buy)

not only that, advertisers depend on graphic designers while excluding the real men (Copywriters). Truth; all ads running on nairaland are POOR (conversion I mean) no magic words in play.

Please info marketers and blogger, don't troll your money here except you have put up all in one landing page (i.e health, money, career etc) no target.

Mouth close, e b like somebody want slap me....sef

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by Seun(m): 9:39pm On Oct 17, 2012
There's no doubt about the fact that Nairaland Ads don't work for everybody. If your product is relevant to only a tiny segment of Nairaland users, our direct ad system won't work for you. It works best for products that are broadly appealing. That's one of the reasons why our latest pricing model demands a minimum commitment of 60,000 naira from every advertiser - this causes those whose products are not a good fit for Nairaland Ads to lose interest, and the resulting increase in average campaign length gives us more time to help to improve campaigns that are not working. We now have many advertisers whose ads are a perfect fit for our platform, so we feel it's a big improvement.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 222Martins(m): 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
The CEO has spoken. @Frank, i think you are judging the ads from the outside. Have you advertised on NL before?
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by Johnthentic: 6:46am On Oct 18, 2012
What happened to nairaland third party adsense with google, or he got problems with them?
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 2sexy(m): 9:51am On Oct 18, 2012
222Martins:
You made a point here. Ad copy is not the only determining metric with respect to conversion; the more important metrics of conversion is your offer or product, your landing page, the advertising media and the targeted audience. If your audience is not targeted, you may have a high traffic but low conversion but with a targeted audience, your traffic may not be high but the conversion will be excellent.

use this================> AIDA

ATTENTION
INTEREST
DESIRE
ACTION
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by bigx(m): 10:01am On Oct 18, 2012
2sexy:

use this================> [size= 10 pt]AIDA
ATTENTION
INTEREST
DESIRE
ACTION[/size]

Imagine advertising food to a group of hungry people and to a mixed group of overfed, satisfied, hungry and almost dead people.
That's why we talked about targeting, 5 people converting out of 100 is a 5% conversion rate, 5 people converting out of 10,000 is 0.05%, while you might make the same amount, there is waste of resources throwing the ads out widely.

I would advice you pay for an ad using the "aida" theory and let us know what your response is, the demographics are just too varied.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 222Martins(m): 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
2sexy:

use this================> AIDA

ATTENTION
INTEREST
DESIRE
ACTION
Nice try, i can see that you applied this same principle in your signature file that claims you make $3000. I also took the pain to visit your so called website/landing page. Why not advertise your offer on NL and see if Nigerians will fall for your well crafted "AIDA" copy .
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 2sexy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2012
222Martins: Nice try, i can see that you applied this same principle in your signature file that claims you make $3000. I also took the pain to visit your so called website/landing page. Why not advertise your offer on NL and see if Nigerians will fall for your well crafted "AIDA" copy .
And whats that supposed to mean? I never knew making suggestion was a crime... No VEX!
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 222Martins(m): 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
2sexy: And whats that supposed to mean? I never knew making suggestion was a crime... No VEX!
No hard feelings bro......... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by 222Martins(m): 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
Johnthentic: What happened to nairaland third party adsense with google, or he got problems with them?
The only thing constant in life is change; Nairaland has moved on...........Move with it.
Re: Nairaland Advertisers: Share Your Experience Here by anoda(m): 6:18pm On Mar 03, 2018
Can i run two ads on one accout at the same time?

(1) (Reply)

Tipper Business Vs Box Truck Business / / How Do I Register My Company with CAC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.