Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu (1170 Views)

BIAFRA: South-south Group Kicks Against Secession - Dailytimes / Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Campaigns In Style In The 1960s / Rare Picture: Pyrates Confraternity Welcomes Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe To UNILAG (1972) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Osiris211: 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
Awka – The Deputy Senate President, Sen. Ike Ekweremadu, on
Monday called on anyone planning a secession to have a re- think, saying that it amounts to selfishness. Speaking at the 2nd Zik Annual Lecture series in Awka, Ekweremadu said it was a negation of the ideals of the founding fathers of the country for any one to think of secession. He said that Nigeria was better off as one country, saying that the founding fathers of Nigeria, especially Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, stood strongly against secession.

The senator said the founding fathers knew that the country would
be a better nation if all the regions stood as one country. “I personally believe that if we are united, we will be stronger and enjoy the benefits of the population and size of our country. “We are better when we are united than going our separate ways, and this was exactly what Azikiwe preached and lived for all his life. “And I think those of us, the younger generation and those coming after us, need to follow that path,” he prayed.

Ekweremadu, who was the guest lecturer at the event organised
by the Anambra State council of the NUJ, extolled the leadership
qualities exhibited by the first president of Nigeria. Pointing out that he was totally a detribalised Nigerian, Ekweremadu said Azikiwe, the first president of the country, worked for the common good and unity of Nigeria. “Zik indeed showed the light so that men could find their way, as many believed that his spirit bound the nation and provided the
basis for continued unity.

“Zik was always quick to sacrifice his personal interest as a
politician, so long as it will advance the cause of the Nigerian
project,” he added.The Chairman of the council, Mrs Tochukwu Omelu, called on all Nigerians to keep the faith and tenets of the Great Zik of Africa and thanked the deputy Senate president for honouring the invitation.
(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/dr-nnamdi-azikiwe-stood-strongly-against-secession-ekweremadu/

1 Like

Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Osiris211: 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2012
So Ojukwu was a bastard afteral.
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Standing5(m): 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
So who loved the People of Biafra? more? O'j or Zik? . . . could it have been a case of "Betrayal of trust" as Zik knew he didn't stand a good chance in a military setting? hmmm! The Zik of Africa indeed. Questions! Questions!! Questions!!!
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Afam4eva(m): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
How exactly is seceding selfishness?
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Standing5(m): 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
If O'j was being selfless be seceding, what do we call his return to Nigeria when, according to him and his people, Igbos were still being marginalized. Anyway all na history sha . .
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by deor03(m): 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2012
I am not Igbo, But if i was in Ojukwu's shoes in 1967. I will do almost thesame, maybe with a slightly different approach.

Do you know the number of Igbo that were massacred from July 1966 till the declaration of the WAR?

Nigerians need to read wide and understand the mood in the country in 1966. That year , was a year with BLOOD written over it.

Ojukwu as the most senior officer then ( mind you senior to Gowon) , he had to protect his own.

As bad as things were Ojukwu could not come to Lagos for Federal Executive meetings( That was why Aburi in Ghana became meeting points )

Ofcourse, Zik was abroad and not under any threat.

1 Like

Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by PointB: 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva: How exactly is seceding selfishness?

I wonder o.

By the way, which founding fathers? The same ones that Zik practically pulled by the nose into the union? Hehehehe
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by PointB: 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2012
deor03: I am not Igbo, But if i was in Ojukwu's shoes in 1967. I will do almost thesame, maybe with a slightly different approach.

Do you know the number of Igbo that were massacred from July 1966 till the declaration of the WAR?

Nigerians need to read wide and understand the mood in the country in 1966. That year , was a year with BLOOD written over it.

Ojukwu as the most senior officer then ( mind you senior to Gowon) , he had to protect his own.

As bad as things were Ojukwu could not come to Lagos for Federal Executive meetings( That was why Aburi in Ghana became meeting points )

Good talk! Every sensible leader will act to protect his people and defend them. That's exactly what Ojukwu did.
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Callotti: 4:42pm On Oct 16, 2012
Of course he was. . . was he not the first Governor-General of Nigeria in 1960? cheesy
Why did he not shout 'secession' then?
Even after the 'evil war'. . . he was not a pro-secessionist.
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Afam4eva(m): 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2012
Callotti: Of course he was. . . was he not the first Governor-General of Nigeria in 1960? cheesy
Why did he not shout 'sucession' then?
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!
It's Secession not Succession. OLODO rabata.
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Callotti: 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
It's Secession not Succession. OLODO rabata.

I just corrected it o. . . .
You just could not wait for that.
Ewu ESUT! kiss
At least I was not rejected by Eric Moore High School to complete my NYSC. . . instead of Baba Suwe's bakery!
Any further spelling mistakes?
Better than those bombs your Igbotic M0R0NS shell all over NL. kiss
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Oct 16, 2012
Callotti:

I just corrected it o. . . .
You just could not wait for that.
Ewu ESUT! kiss
I don't wait for failure, instead i pursue success and catch up with it.
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Callotti: 5:19pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't wait for failure, instead i pursue success and catch up with it.

Mu cha cha cha cha

Someone must have borrowed your User ID.
Please, go and vote for the next 'LEFULEFU' of NL.
I don't tango with RABID BIGOTS/ETHNOCENTRIC BUSHMEATS LIKEY YA!cheesy
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Afam4eva(m): 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2012
Callotti:

Mu cha cha cha cha

Someone must have borrowed your User ID.
Please, go and vote for the next 'LEFULEFU' of NL.
I don't tango with RABID BIGOTS/ETHNOCENTRIC BUSHMEATS LIKEY YA!cheesy
Then you must hate yourself because the bolded captures you in 3D.
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Callotti: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
Then you must hate yourself because the bolded captures you in 3D.

Ha!
Only 3D?
10D nko?
I hate myself gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. . . .
At least some of us can show our faces all over the world.
Unlike UGLY, M0R0NIC CRIMINALS LIKEY YOU!

https://www.nairaland.com/1076251/how-rescued-osun-speaker-wife

Please o. . . . .ALUU 4. . . .ABIA 5. . . .OSUN 4. . . . tongue
Biafran criminal. . . WAKA PASS!!!! kiss
I don't do 'E-WURU-WURUS'! kiss
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Osiris211: 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2012
All hail Chintua aka Blazay D'great. Am loving your style cool
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2012
Callotti:

Ha!
Only 3D?
10D nko?
I hate myself gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. . . .
At least some of us can show our faces all over the world.
Unlike UGLY, M0R0NIC CRIMINALS LIKEY YOU!

https://www.nairaland.com/1076251/how-rescued-osun-speaker-wife

Please o. . . . .ALUU 4. . . .ABIA 5. . . .OSUN 4. . . . tongue
Biafran criminal. . . WAKA PASS!!!! kiss
I don't do 'E-WURU-WURUS'! kiss
Keep M-A-S-T-U-R-B-A-T-I-N-G at the sight of Igbo and one day you'll cumm to death. AWUSHA like you.

1 Like

Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Callotti: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2012
afam4eva:
Keep M-A-S-T-U-R-B-A-T-I-N-G at the sight of Igbo and one day you'll cumm to death. AWUSHA like you.

You fail to realize that Igbos offline are not as hideous as yourself.
NamaAWUSHA4eva. . . .my husband is still Igbo the last time I checked.
I have over-cuuu-umed at the sight of him. . . even while he is taking a shyte.
IT IS YOU NL IGBOTIC PIGS I CANNOT STAND.
Geddit. . .?
When last did the sight of one of your 'mgbekes' make you cu-uum?
LOCAL TOUT! kiss
One day we shall see your useless azzzze on Youtube with burning tires around that your Igbotic neck.
Small blokos and all! cheesy

Too bad. . . you can only be a RABID BIAFRAN. . . not a Nigerian like moi.
Igbo. . . I get am
Yoruba. . . .I get am
Afemai. . . . I get am
Kogi. . . . .I get am

Whaduu yuuu have?
100% Igbo criminal/ritualist.
Ngwa nu. . . .come take Biafra citizenship. grin

"O give me a home, where the buffaloes roam. . . where the deer and the antelope play". . . . . STINKING, OKORO PIG!!!cheesy

I say waka pass. . . .YOU ETHNIC TABOO! kiss
You are on the internet making trouble. . . try and take a vacation and visit 'BIAFRA-LAND' for once in your miserable life!
My amala and okro soup is here. . . go and cannibalize your mama's toto for dinner as usual.
Awobi! kiss
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Osiris211: 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2012
Faints !!! An enemy of my enemy is my friend cool

Callotti:

You fail to realize that Igbos offline are not as hideous as yourself.
NamaAWUSHA4eva. . . .my husband is still Igbo the last time I checked.
I have over-cuuu-umed at the sight of him. . . even while he is taking a shyte.
IT IS YOU NL IGBOTIC PIGS I CANNOT STAND.
Geddit. . .
When last did the sight of one of your 'mgbekes' make you cu-uum?
LOCAL TOUT! kiss
One day we shall see your useless azzzze on Youtube with burning tires around that your Igbotic neck.
Small blokos and all! cheesy

Too bad. . . you can only be a RABID BIAFRAN. . . not a Nigerian like moi.
Igbo. . . I get am
Yoruba. . . .I get am
Afemai. . . . I get am
Kogi. . . . .I get am

Whaduu yuuu have?
100% Igbo criminal/ritualist.
Ngwa nu. . . .come take Biafra citizenship. grin

"O give me a home, where the buffaloes roam. . . where the deer and the antelope play". . . . . STINKING, OKORO PIG!!!cheesy

I say waka pass. . . .YOU ETHNIC TABOO! kiss
You are on the internet making trouble. . . try and take a vacation and visit 'BIAFRA-LAND' for once in your miserable life!
My amala and okro soup is here. . . go and cannibalize your mama's toto for dinner as usual.
Awobi! kiss
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by zeal500: 8:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
With gr8 respect for Zik, i wud simply say dt his ideas of one Nigeria drove d ibo's into the pit
whereever he is now he wud say i wish i can turn back d hands of time
While others leaders where busy playing d ethnic card to the core, he was busy preaching an ideology dt uptill date has never workd.
Pls permit me to admit dt owelle of onitsha, Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe...Zik of africa's believe n polices of one Nigeria is the root cause of the problems of d ibo nation
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by dayokanu(m): 3:29am On Nov 27, 2012
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Nobody: 3:45am On Nov 27, 2012
Eeyah, he was against secession but was part of Biafra. When he discovered defeat was inevitable, he switched sides. Good for him.
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by Ikengawo: 5:31am On Nov 27, 2012
I like Ekweremadu and what he has to say. He's a realist and a modern thinker. People need to understand that though Ojukwu is a primary figure in Nigeria's seperation because he's the one that had the heart to make what he felt should happen happen, Azikwe is the primary figure in Nigeria's unity because he had the heart to make what he wanted to happen happen.

Both great men with two different views but none should be looked at as the singular voice of the igbo people.
Re: Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe Stood Strongly Against Secession –ekweremadu by debetmx(m): 10:02am On Nov 27, 2012
deor03: I am not Igbo, But if i was in Ojukwu's shoes in 1967. I will do almost thesame, maybe with a slightly different approach.

Ojukwu was never senior to Gowon but were equals Also Ojukwu was never the most senior from the east or Igbo officer. Besides Gowon got into army before Ojukwu and was younger than him. Lt. Njoku was senior to Ojukwu but were both Lt. Colonels

(1) (Reply)

My Vision For 2013 -ajimobi / Army Engineers Begin Massive Renovation Work At Police College / Akpabio’s Largesse Upsets PDP Meeting •amaechi, Uduaghan Leave Midway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.