Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,517 members, 7,854,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:46 PM

Are Africans Confused? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Africans Confused? (5379 Views)

Why Are Africans So Religious But Have So Many Problems? / Oyakhilome Consoles South Africans Over Synagogue Collapse / Why Are Africans The Only People Who Does Not Worship A God How Looks Like Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 18, 2012
italo: @ logicboy,

I don't mean to be rude, but permit me to keep avoiding any direct conversation with you. Experience has taught that nothing good or worthwhile comes out of it. Very little logis, reasoning, decency and maturity; but much of insults, vulgarity and misplaced exuberance.

...And I hope that you will prove me right very quickly.

Lmao. I actually love it when you from the truth and hide behind lies

I have no where been abusive as Davidylan. Even in my last comment, I did not insult you but called you on your lies and colonial mentality.

Even if you avoid my commments, you and your ilk will still read them. As long as you keep defending the mental slavery that is the foreign religions in Africa, I will continue debunking you.

It shows that my comments are hurting you. wink

1 Like

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 18, 2012

I don't mean to be rude, but permit me to keep avoiding any direct conversation with you. Experience has taught that nothing good or worthwhile comes out of it. Very little logis, reasoning, decency and maturity; but much of insults, vulgarity and misplaced exuberance.

You know what I love most? If you were truly ignoring me, why then would you have to tell me?

Were you feeling the truth of my rebuttals and then wondering if people noticed that you couldnt reply them?

You dont want to answer why

-As West Africans, we should accept that God has a chosen race (the Jews) and that we are inferior.

-Where our African popes are and why are the popes European?

-Why images of a European Jesus in the 3 biggest catholic churches in Nigeria? St. Dominics, Agnes and St. Leos. (Bonus Catholic church near MM Airport)
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:
The muslim god has chosen people- Arabs
FALSE

Logicboy03: At what rate? Nigeria is about 40% muslim and 40% christian.
HUH?

Logicboy03: -Why do Nigerian muslims go on pilgrimage to Mecca when their country's tourism is dead?

the Muslim pilgrimage is a religious obligation not a mere tourism.

Logicboy03: Religion is to blame for many things as I have pointed out
like what? be specific to Islam if you can.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 11:34am On Oct 18, 2012
Aha! There goes...
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 18, 2012
F00028:
FALSE

HUH?

the Muslim pilgrimage is a religious obligation not a mere tourism.

like what? be specific to Islam if you can.

1) Proof that the muslim God has a chosen people which are Arabs
-The only muslim prophet is an Arab- (Mohammed)
-The Quran was revealed in Arabic
-To fully understand the Quran (as claimed by muslim imams and resident muslims on NL) you must understand Arabic
-Muslims must face Arabic lands when praying
-Muslims go on pilgrimage to Arab lands as a pillar of their religion

And the damning evidence;

The Quran says: “You [Muslims] are the best nation brought out for Mankind, commanding what is righteous (معروف Maʻrūf, lit. "recognized [as good]"wink and forbidding what is wrong (منكر Munkar, lit. "unrecognized [as good]"wink…” [3:110].

Concerning Muslim issues,

We have
-Sexism and abuse of women's rights. Lesser inheritance, they cant marry christians or jews and wife beating.

-Violence. There will always be people who take the violent verses in the Quran literally. Bin Laden and co.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 11:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
Logicboy03:
1) Proof that the muslim God has a chosen people which are Arabs
-The only muslim prophet is an Arab- (Mohammed)
-The Quran was revealed in Arabic

wrong again. Muhammad (SAW) may be the only arab prophet but he was not the only muslim prophet. we have many others (non arabs)e.g Abraham (SAW), Moses (SAW) etc

as for the last prophet being an arab, well he had to come from somewhere, didn't he? and the language which spoke was the language his message was given to him and recorded.

Islam is not a racial religion.

Logicboy03: -To fully understand the Quran (as claimed by muslim imams and resident muslims on NL) you must understand Arabic
not if you have a good teacher. but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion

Logicboy03: -Muslims must face Arabic lands when praying
-Muslims go on pilgrimage to Arab lands as a pillar of their religion

muslims specifically face the "house of God" which was built by Abraham (non arab) for his worship. before that we used to face jerusalem.

it provides uniformity in our prayer and some other acts of worship.

Logicboy03: And the damning evidence;
The Quran says: “You [Muslims] are the best nation brought out for Mankind, commanding what is righteous (معروف Maʻrūf, lit. "recognized [as good]"wink and forbidding what is wrong (منكر Munkar, lit. "unrecognized [as good]"wink…” [3:110].

"muslims" not "arabs"

Logicboy03: Concerning Muslim issues,
We have
-Sexism and abuse of women's rights. Lesser inheritance,

that's only 1/4 true there are other instances when:
-they inherit as much as men,
-they inherit more than men, and
-they inherit while men don't

Logicboy03: they cant marry christians or jews and wife beating.

muslim women can only marry muslim men. what's your beef with that?

wife beating:
first, God's last prophet is our example and he never beat any of his wives at any time!
second, the verse in the Quran that supposedly gives that permission contains the word "idribuhunna". though it's almost universally translated as "beat them (lightly)" it also means to depart, separate, leave them etc. which is more consistent with the prophet's actions and sayings about matrimony.

Logicboy03: -Violence. There will always be people who take the violent verses in the Quran literally. Bin Laden and co.
that's not Islam's doing.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 19, 2012
F00028:
wrong again. Muhammad (SAW) may be the only arab prophet but he was not the only muslim prophet. we have many others (non arabs)e.g Abraham (SAW), Moses (SAW) etc

as for the last prophet being an arab, well he had to come from somewhere, didn't he? and the language which spoke was the language his message was given to him and recorded.

Abraham- Father of Jews. Hebrew name. Arabic/arabs did not exist during his time.

Moses- Jewish guy with the Jewish scriptures and Jewish leader.

Jesus. A Jewish messiah who live among Jews.

The only muslim prophet was Mohammed, an Arab guy

F00028:
Islam is not a racial religion.

not if you have a good teacher. but everyone is entitled to his/her opinion

Stop lying for islam. Your Muezzin shouts in Arabic not English both in Nigeria and English speaking countries. Arabic is needed to fully understand the Quran. i

F00028:
muslims specifically face the "house of God" which was built by Abraham (non arab) for his worship. before that we used to face jerusalem.

it provides uniformity in our prayer and some other acts of worship.

"muslims" not "arabs"

Abraham did not build the Kabba. Even Jews will tell you that there remains no evidence for Abraham, yet you muslims miraculously found a house he built thousands of miles away from where he lived.

Why do you face Mecca? Does god live in the Kabba or in Jannah? Who are you praying to? Mushrik? stone God of the Kabba?

If it is not some form of Arab worship, then I dont know.

Why is it a pillar to go to Mecca? Did the Quran say that Hajj is a pillar?

F00028:
that's only 1/4 true there are other instances when:
-they inherit as much as men,
-they inherit more than men, and
-they inherit while men don't

Stop lying. A brother gets twice that of a sister Always.

Shut up.

F00028:
muslim women can only marry muslim men. what's your beef with that?

F00028:
wife beating:
first, God's last prophet is our example and he never beat any of his wives at any time!
second, the verse in the Quran that supposedly gives that permission contains the word "idribuhunna". though it's almost universally translated as "beat them (lightly)" it also means to depart, separate, leave them etc. which is more consistent with the prophet's actions and sayings about matrimony.

And you say that Arabic is no ecessary to understand the Quran

5 of yor best Quranic translators (Ali, Pickthall, Shakir etc) translate the word to "beat". Why should I trust your apologist translation.

Ther are hadiths that say that Aisha was struck by Muahmmad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Tw7WhH_aQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtfi0LGvYR8&feature=related

F00028:
that's not Islam's doing.

Really? Has someone ever read "The God Delusion" and went on a killing spree?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 1:16am On Oct 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
Abraham- Father of Jews. Hebrew name. Arabic/arabs did not exist during his time.
Moses- Jewish guy with the Jewish scriptures and Jewish leader.
Jesus. A Jewish messiah who live among Jews.
The only muslim prophet was Mohammed, an Arab guy

what part of Islam is not a racial religion did you not get?

Islam's prophets don't have to be Arabs.

Logicboy03: Stop lying for islam. Your Muezzin shouts in Arabic not English both in Nigeria and English speaking countries.

you want him to call the prayer in the over 6000 spoken languages
or must everything have to be your be in your colonial masters' language?

Logicboy03: Arabic is needed to fully understand the Quran.

if you insist.

Logicboy03: Abraham did not build the Kabba. Even Jews will tell you that there remains no evidence for Abraham, yet you muslims miraculously found a house he built thousands of miles away from where he lived.
and because the jews say so...? skip it. it's not even important.

Logicboy03: Why do you face Mecca?
asked and answered.

Logicboy03: Why is it a pillar to go to Mecca? Did the Quran say that Hajj is a pillar?

yes.

Logicboy03: Stop lying. A brother gets twice that of a sister Always.

A BIG FAT LIE!!!
e.g:if a person dies leaving one full sister and three half-brothers (by the father), the full sister gets half the inheritance, and the other half is distributed equally among the three half- brothers.

Logicboy03: 5 of yor best Quranic translators (Ali, Pickthall, Shakir etc) translate the word to "beat". Why should I trust your apologist translation.

they are not infallible.

Logicboy03: Ther are hadiths that say that Aisha was struck by Muahmmad.

where are they?

Logicboy03: Really? Has someone ever read "The God Delusion" and went on a killing spree?
oh, we'll get to your atheists world views soon enough.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 19, 2012
F00028:

what part of Islam is not a racial religion did you not get?

Islam's prophets don't have to be Arabs.

you want him to call the prayer in the over 6000 spoken languages
or must everything have to be your be in your colonial masters' language?

if you insist.

and because the jews say so...? skip it. it's not even important.

1) Your religion has only one prophet that was muslim and that is an Arab man called Muhammad.

2) Your Muezzins should be smart enough to use the local language to call prayers in whatever country they are in. Rather than show respect, they call prayers in Arabic like Arab slaves

3) Your religion came to Nigeria through Arab slave traders. It did not come peacefully

4) Allah supported the muslim Arabs in their fights against the Jews as stated in the Quran.

5) Even you have demonstrated that one can not fully understand the Quran without knowing Arabic as yu are complaining that 5 of your best translators of the Quran got SURAH 4;34 wrong.

6) Your religion is racist. Arab this, Arab that. You want to know why muslims did not want their women not marrying non-muslims? They were Afraid that their christian and jewish slaves would marry their women.

7) Muhammad beat Aisha according to Sahih muslim 4;2127

cool Wife beating is in the Quran. You can claim that the word doesnt translate to "beat" but then, you would be saying 2 bad things about islam

a) Arabic is a very confusing language that can not even depict the Quran's message in a clear manner.
b) 99% of your reputed scholars and translators are foolish and can not translate the word "beat" properly from Arabic to English

9) I was talking about brothers and sisters in inheritance not step brother and full sister.

A brother gets twice that of a sister

A step brother gets twice that of a step sister

Stop lying for islam
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Callotti: 8:59am On Oct 19, 2012
Not only confused. . . .but DAFT! grin
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
Martian:

This is not about those other people but Africans. If data is collected about education and the resultant progress it affords, I am sure that Africa will be dead last. Africa and the black diaspora's "peculiar" problem is the dearth of useful knowledge in the societies.Instead, we are inundated with images, sounds and rhetoric of primitive middle eastern superstitions and the fatalistic attitudes they promote.

This overt and excessive religiosity coupled with sub par governmental/societal instituitons and policies, don't afford for a conducive environment for the proliferation of the useful knowledge that humans need at this point in time.
On this site, all these religious people have a problem with evolution and they will rather believe that some jewish magician created two original humans from clay. Of what use is the belief in Adam and Eve in the 21st century?
If the knowledge of the theory of evolution is widespread in the society, people will get interested the subject, which will lead to a better educated society. This in turn could lead to scientific advancements and a disease like malaria could be cured. That same knowledge of evolution could lead to better agricultural techniques better suited to the african clime. Better agriculture means better food, better food means a better nourished population etc etc

But people will rather fight this knowledge. Why?
Because the bible (some primitive and ignorant jews)said so.....and "Daddy G.O said....."

............f#ck it, let me get off my soap box.

what has evolution to do with all you have said?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
Martian:

This is not about those other people but Africans. If data is collected about education and the resultant progress it affords, I am sure that Africa will be dead last. Africa and the black diaspora's "peculiar" problem is the dearth of useful knowledge in the societies.Instead, we are inundated with images, sounds and rhetoric of primitive middle eastern superstitions and the fatalistic attitudes they promote.

This overt and excessive religiosity coupled with sub par governmental/societal instituitons and policies, don't afford for a conducive environment for the proliferation of the useful knowledge that humans need at this point in time.
On this site, all these religious people have a problem with evolution and they will rather believe that some jewish magician created two original humans from clay. Of what use is the belief in Adam and Eve in the 21st century?
If the knowledge of the theory of evolution is widespread in the society, people will get interested the subject, which will lead to a better educated society. This in turn could lead to scientific advancements and a disease like malaria could be cured. That same knowledge of evolution could lead to better agricultural techniques better suited to the african clime. Better agriculture means better food, better food means a better nourished population etc etc

But people will rather fight this knowledge. Why?
Because the bible (some primitive and ignorant jews)said so.....and "Daddy G.O said....."

............f#ck it, let me get off my soap box.

evolution is very recent, was it a necessity for all the formulation of all the mathematical theories by the founding fathers of real science that is still being used till this day?

I mean, they knew nothing about what you call "evolutionary theory" but they layed the foundation for real science.

Passing out "junk" for food
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
truthislight:

evolution is very recent, was it a necessity for all the formulation of all the mathematical theories by the founding fathers of real science that is still being used till this day?

I mean, they knew nothing about what you call "evolutionary theory" but they layed the foundation for real science.

Passing out "junk" for food

What nonsense are you on about?

When we say that some christians are ignorant, you will complain.

Your bible is not scientific, get over it
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2012

Re: Are Africans Confused? by Horus(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
celeboi: Please I will appreciate concrete your Opinion. I got this from someone Facebook Page and thought it wise we discuss on it.

Listen to Reason! Africans are the most confused race on this planet!

They will be anything other than themselves and that is like spitting on the God that created you.They will speak any language other than their own,they will wear any hair style other than their own,they will worship any God other than their own,they will go to any temple ot her than their own,they will wear any clothes other than their own.They simply hate themselves or were made to hate themselves,any which way they do hate themselves..

Wheather we want to admit it or not, religion has done major damage to black people..It has pacified us in the worse way and turn us against each other. Let it be remembered well!!

Yes you are right, Africans are confused. All these imported religions were introduced to divide and control the minds of Africans.
When Indian people come to England or any European country, they build and open Temples or shrines. When Chinese people come to England or any European country they build and open Temples or shrines; But when African people come to England or any European they build Churches and worship the images of their former slave masters. The Indians and Chinese have unity amongst themselves , they also have a good economy , China is going to be the next super power ,forget America. These countries India and China have also gone nuclear , they worship their own images (their ancestors) who work for them. The Europeans have religion, however, it does not stop them from working together. They have european union (which is the european community = common unity). But black africans are still fighting and arguing over a religion that does not belong to them. Many Nigerians for example will not work with you if you have a different religion. It was many years ago that Bob Marley sang emancipate ourselves from mental slavery , yet our people are still mentally enslaved. We are the only species on earth that will side another species against their own. You will not see a Chinese person side with a Hindu against another Chinese, neither will you see an Hindu side with a Chinese against another Hindu. You will not see a Cat side with a dog against another cat, neither will you see a dog side with a cat against another dog. You will not see a rat side with a cat against another rat, neither will you see a cat side with a rat against another cat. We black are the only species on the planet that will side with another species, be it Asian, Caucasian or Arab against their own. When will we realize we have been tricked with these monothetic religions of Judaism, Islam and Christianity?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

What nonsense are you on about?

When we say that some christians are ignorant, you will complain.

Your bible is not scientific, get over it

very well said. The bible is not a science text book, but is meant for the salvation of all mankind and is available in about 99% of the major languages in the world.

Though not a science text book, but whenever it touches on maters of science it is always spot on.

Critics find fault.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by italo: 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
What stage of development was Africa before Christianity and Islam came to Africa?

Christianity and Islam are not Africa's problem.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
1) Your religion has only one prophet that was muslim and that is an Arab man called Muhammad.
F A L S E

2) Your Muezzins should be smart enough to use the local language to call prayers in whatever country they are in. Rather than show respect, they call prayers in Arabic like Arab slaves
he's not calling you, he's calling us and we're heppy with the uniformity

3) Your religion came to Nigeria through Arab slave traders. It did not come peacefully
PROVE IT

4) Allah supported the muslim Arabs in their fights against the Jews as stated in the Quran.
HE supports muslims, period

5) Even you have demonstrated that one can not fully understand the Quran without knowing Arabic as yu are complaining that 5 of your best translators of the Quran got SURAH 4;34 wrong.
your local language does not have words with more than one meaning

6) Your religion is racist. Arab this, Arab that. You want to know why muslims did not want their women not marrying non-muslims? They were Afraid that their christian and jewish slaves would marry their women.
PROVE IT
you need to stop presenting your wild fantasies as facts to be taken seriously undecided

mistranslation again.
one advantage we have is, the original Arabic is still available side by side the translation and can always be verified

cool Wife beating is in the Quran. You can claim that the word doesnt translate to "beat" but then, you would be saying 2 bad things about islam
a) Arabic is a very confusing language that can not even depict the Quran's message in a clear manner.
I just explained it to you in english

9) I was talking about brothers and sisters in inheritance not step brother and full sister...
now that you've been caught lying...anyway, there's a reason for that.

Stop lying for islam
don't need you. besides, your conviction is not really that important to me

is that all you've got? show me some logic..boy03

Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
truthislight:

very well said. The bible is not a science text book, but is meant for the salvation of all mankind and is available in about 99% of the major languages in the world.

Though not a science text book, but whenever it touches on maters of science it is always spot on.

Critics find fault.

Yes, like God creating two lights when there is only one? Genesis1:16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.

The moon is not a light. It is made of rock. Someone who was inspired or told by God these things; as is said about the writers of the Holy Bible would know that right? For God knows all.

Or a flat earth mentality?

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding." - Job 38:4

"Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;" - Job 38:6

Or the lie that women came from a man's ribs? Or that we were created from scratch rather than evolve from other life forms?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
italo: What stage of development was Africa before Christianity and Islam came to Africa?

Christianity and Islam are not Africa's problem.

Slavery was not a commodity in many Nigerian tribes before the advent of christianity and islam.

Furthermore, yes christianity brought education to Nigeria. The first school was CMS, a christian school. Unfortunately, you'll have to deal with the fact that the European christians did not put any school in Nigeria for 300 years since they had been in Nigeria. It was only after slavery was abolished that they had the decency and felt that the slave monkeys needed some western education.

Stockholm syndrome is what is affecting any West African that reads the history of West Africa and remains christian or muslim
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2012

F00028

F A L S E

he's not calling you, he's calling us and we're heppy with the uniformity

PROVE IT

HE supports muslims, period

your local language does not have words with more than one meaning

PROVE IT
you need to stop presenting your wild fantasies as facts to be taken seriously

mistranslation again.
one advantage we have is, the original Arabic is still available side by side the translation and can always be verified

Wife beating is in the Quran. You can claim that the word doesnt translate to "beat" but then, you would be saying 2 bad things about islam
I just explained it to you in english

9) I was talking about brothers and sisters in inheritance not step brother and full sister...
now that you've been caught lying...anyway, there's a reason for that.

Stop lying for islam
don't need you. besides, your conviction is not really that important to me

is that all you've got? show me some logic..boy03

1) Abraham, Moses, Jesus and all other prophets in between were Jews/hebrews. Muhmmad is the only muslim prophet and he had to be Arab.
When muslims say "the prophet" who are they talking about? Isnt it Muhammed?

2) You are happy that your Muezzin speaks Arabic and not your local language? Why are you then shocked when I call you an Arab slave?

Even the Latin mass in catholicism can be mostly said in any Language of the world.

3) Kanem Borno Empire......Kano was a slave port.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_slave_trade#Towns_and_ports_involved_in_the_slave_trade
http://autocww.colorado.edu/~blackmon/E64ContentFiles/AfricanHistory/SlaveryInAfrica.html

4) The muslims mentioned in the Quran were Arabs in Arab lands. Allah loves Arabs

5) I repeat; Your 5 translators translated the Arabic word as "beat your wives". If you say that it is different, that means that ones needs a very deep understanding of Arabic because 99% of the translations are wrong. So, you are proving my point that you cant fully understand the Quran in Arabic.

6) What is the justification for a muslim woman not being allowed to marry a christian or a jew but a muslim man can?
Women cant spread the religion? Sexist!
Jews and Christian men are below muslim men? Religious bigot!
You have rights to jews and christian women but they dont have any rights to yours?

7) No mistranslation. One hadith says muhammad beat Aisha, another says that Abu bakr beat Aisha

cool A brother gets twice what a sister gets. Why should my sister get less when she has been working and taking care of my dad for years while I just started?

9) Wife beating is in the Quran.

a) There are now 8 translators that I have seen that translate it as "beat" your wife. Either Arabic is a confusing language for expert Arabic scholars

or

b) You are lying for islam
Re: Are Africans Confused? by truthislight: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yes, like God creating two lights when there is only one? Genesis1:16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.

The moon is not a light. It is made of rock. Someone who was inspired or told by God these things; as is said about the writers of the Holy Bible would know that right? For God knows all.

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding." - Job 38:4

"Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;" - Job 38:6

Or the lie that women came from a man's ribs? Or that we were created from scratch rather than evolve from other life forms?

*sigh*

can be going round in circles because of 2D 3D issues.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
truthislight:

*sigh*

can be going round in circles because of 2D 3D issues.

Commot for road jo, if you cant defend your claims
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
Logicboy03:
2) You are happy that your Muezzin speaks Arabic and not your local language? Why are you then shocked when I call you an Arab slave?
you cant shock me logicboy. I've met more militant atheists than you.

but here's the thing. by your logic, your atheism startled in europe. from diagoras, to hume, to closet atheists like voltaire and locke, right down to your latest star, dawkins- are all europeans.

you are a slave of the europeans then, not so? undecided
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 19, 2012
F00028:
you cant shock me logicboy. I've met more militant atheists than you.

but here's the thing. by your logic, your atheism startled in europe. from diagoras, to hume, to closet atheists like voltaire and locke, right down to your latest star, dawkins- are all europeans.

you are a slave of the europeans then, not so? undecided

Epic fail.

Atheism started everywhere.

First, we are all born without the knowledge of god.

In Asia, Budhism is an atheistic religion. Furthermore, atheism has been in existence in Asian civilizations for long.

In Africa despite our pagan history, tere were many that went against the oracles. There were people who didnt follow the traditional gods. There were kings in my tribe that gave up on gods and followed their own rules. my granny was an atheist/agnostic who was born into paganism but hardly ever followed any religion or any god as an adult.

So think twice before saying that atheism came from Europe
Re: Are Africans Confused? by plappville(f): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2012
Something dey happen here ooo, see arguement na shocked shocked shocked

@Logicboy, i can see you know everything, you defend in every angle, you know better than every one, you are the free one why others are slaves. Well that is your own opinion, you can rightfully keep it.

Now tell me, what else can any Christian say that can make change/sense to you?
Do you want us to denounce our faith? I cant denial your posts were 100% false, there are some trace of truth in them, very tiny trace of truth. But but this does not call for your over reaction as in concluding that we are slaves. undecided
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
plappville: Something dey happen here ooo, see arguement na shocked shocked shocked

@Logicboy, i can see you know everything, you defend in every angle, you know better than every one, you are the free one why others are slaves. Well that is your own opinion, you can rightfully keep it.

Now tell me, what else can any Christian say that can make change/sense to you?
Do you want us to denounce our faith? I cant denial your posts were 100% false, there are some trace of truth in them, very tiny trace of truth. But but this does not call for your over reaction as in concluding that we are slaves. undecided

Just admit it, you like my arguments grin grin grin

I just find it hard to accept that anyone that knows the full history of Nigeria/West Africa can still be a christian or a muslim after what these religion did to us. How can you accept a religion that regulated the slavery of your race if you are not a mental slave?
Re: Are Africans Confused? by plaetton: 1:49am On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:

[b]Yes, like God creating two lights when there is only one?[/b] Genesis1:16 God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also.

Hilarious. Another booboo from the word of god, or the words of stone age shepperds?

Thanks for pointing out the bolded in red. I'm just taking notice of this devine gaffe.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 20, 2012
plaetton:

Hilarious. Another booboo from the word of god, or the words of stone age shepperds?

Thanks for pointing out the bolded in red. I'm just taking notice of this devine gaffe.

hahah

The bible just keeps on giving!!

The more you read the more errors you find!!!
Re: Are Africans Confused? by F00028: 6:15am On Oct 20, 2012
Logicboy03:
In Asia, Budhism is an atheistic religion. Furthermore, atheism has been in existence in Asian civilizations for long.

look, if you don't know something look it up! branches of buddhism incorporate deity worship.

Logicboy03: In Africa despite our pagan history, tere were many that went against the oracles. There were people who didnt follow the traditional gods. There were kings in my tribe that gave up on gods and followed their own rules. my granny was an atheist/agnostic who was born into paganism but hardly ever followed any religion or any god as an adult.

which tribe is that? what kings? where is this documented?

Logicboy03:
Epic fail.
Atheism started everywhere.

all the histories of atheism I have come across point to europe and europeans: across the centuries from the first reputed diagoras to dawkins.
neither your granny nor your kings are listed.

you're a slave only you don't know it.
Re: Are Africans Confused? by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 20, 2012
F00028:
look, if you don't know something look it up! branches of buddhism incorporate deity worship.

which tribe is that? what kings? where is this documented?

all the histories of atheism I have come across point to europe and europeans: across the centuries from the first reputed diagoras to dawkins.
neither your granny nor your kings are listed.

you're a slave only you don't know it.

Buddhism is an atheistic religion. Many Buddhists follow only the teaching of Buddha. Funny how you mention "some" branches because you know that most Buddhists are in fact atheistic. http://buddhism.about.com/od/basicbuddhistteachings/a/buddhaatheism.htm

Furthermore, my granny was an atheist/agnostic who didnt believe in her pagan tradition.

My tribe has had people who didnt suscribe to the oracle and left the village.

Then there are tales of Benin Obas who went aainst the oracle.

You are very ignorant. Please go an read about the piraha tribe in brazil that has harldy had contact with the outside world, yet they have been atheists for centuries.

Keep ignorantly claiming that atheism came from Europe.

Will Durant explains that certain pygmy tribes found in Africa were observed to have no identifiable cults or rites. There were no totems, no deities, and no spirits
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Exodus Never Happened And The Walls Of Jericho Did Not Come A-tumbling Down / Iyin Ye, Olorun Wa, Oba To Ngbo Adura, Ogo Ye, Olorun, Oba To Ngbo Adura / Chronicles Of The Greatness Of Olumba Olumba Obu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.